Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,701 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

First Bank Account Opening: Quick And Simple Ways To Open An Account - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / First Bank Account Opening: Quick And Simple Ways To Open An Account (7911 Views)

Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? / Mad Man Spotted At First Bank ATM, Abaji (Photos) / Zenith Bank Upgrades Its *966*0# Account Opening USSD Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Bank Account Opening: Quick And Simple Ways To Open An Account by Sam32(m): 6:33am On Aug 12, 2020
“Chaos at Bank Premises!” This is a subheading in one of the Techcablal’s articles. And unfortunately, First Bank isn’t an exception. But you might wonder, why are Banks hosting these mammoth crowds? The need for an account-a new Bank account!

Post-Lockdown, First Bank’s banking halls across the nation have witnessed an upsurge in how people open bank accounts. With this recent development, the long queues seen could make social distancing unobtainable. For that reason, First Bank has come up with quick and fast access for customers and potential customers to open Bank accounts at their home’s comfort. How can you go about it?

Pictorial illustrations accompany the following steps. Hence, you can follow it up until the very end of the process. Let’s start!

Step 1: Dial the code

Code: *894*0*242376#

Step 2: Follow the on-screen command

After dialing the code, you will be asked to choose either to “Open with BVN” or “Open without BVN.”

Step 3: Complete the Process

By following the on-screen command, you will keep selecting options that suit you best. If you select 1, "Open with BVN," the next option will display your BVN info and ask you to confirm they are correct. After which you will be asked to create a 5 digit PIN. Your account number will be set through SMS to you shortly.

If you select 2, "Open Without BVN," the next option will be to manually enter your personal info such as Surname, First name, middle name(if present), date of birth and creating a secret five digit PIN:

Note: After completing the whole process, to obtain your ATM Card, visit the nearest branch. Also, when visiting, never forget to wear your face masks or face shield.

Stay Safe!!

See Article
https://tomvad.com/first-bank-account-opening-follow-these-quick-steps/

Re: First Bank Account Opening: Quick And Simple Ways To Open An Account by Sam32(m): 6:36am On Aug 12, 2020
For account opening with BVN, if the BVN info displayed is not correct or matching your Valid ID, kindly visit the institution of enrollment to update BVN details before continuing the process.
Re: First Bank Account Opening: Quick And Simple Ways To Open An Account by Sam32(m): 6:39am On Aug 12, 2020
Any challenges encountered can be shared and resolved
Re: First Bank Account Opening: Quick And Simple Ways To Open An Account by Galactico4ever(m): 6:42am On Aug 12, 2020
Sam32:
Does this work?

Won't I be required to present stuff like passports,Id NEPA bill and utility bills B4 I can withdraw?

1 Like

Re: First Bank Account Opening: Quick And Simple Ways To Open An Account by Sam32(m): 6:51am On Aug 12, 2020
Galactico4ever:
Does this work?

Won't I be required to present stuff like passports,Id NEPA bill and utility bills B4 I can withdraw?

Yes. It works.

You will only be required to come along with a passport and fill an update form to acquire you ATM card for withdrawals if you opened with BVN.
Re: First Bank Account Opening: Quick And Simple Ways To Open An Account by Galactico4ever(m): 6:54am On Aug 12, 2020
Sam32:

Yes. It works.

You will only be required to come along with a passport and fill an update form to acquire you ATM card for withdrawals if you opened with BVN.
A passport photograph or ID?
Plus will the account be a general savings account?

1 Like

Re: First Bank Account Opening: Quick And Simple Ways To Open An Account by Sam32(m): 7:02am On Aug 12, 2020
Galactico4ever:

Passport Photograph.

It is a Savings account with a maximum deposit of N300k. If you wish to increase your limit, also carry along your and valid ID card(National ID, Voter's Card, Driving License or International Passport) with any utility bill to remove the restriction. You'll also provide Next of Kin Details.
Re: First Bank Account Opening: Quick And Simple Ways To Open An Account by Cradle007: 7:15am On Aug 12, 2020
Sam32:

Passport Photograph.

It is a Savings account with a maximum deposit of N300k. If you wish to increase your limit, also carry along your and valid ID card(National ID, Voter's Card, Driving License or International Passport) with any utility bill to remove the restriction. You'll also provide Next of Kin Details.

What's the limit for the account without BVN?

1 Like

Re: First Bank Account Opening: Quick And Simple Ways To Open An Account by Sam32(m): 7:26am On Aug 12, 2020
Cradle007:

It is still the same.

The difference is an account opened without is not active due to CBN Policies on BVN requirement for all accounts. So persons without BVN will eventually have to enroll for BVN at the Bank's premises and update the account with it before it becomes active.
Re: First Bank Account Opening: Quick And Simple Ways To Open An Account by Sam32(m): 7:13pm On Aug 12, 2020
Please share experiences here...this is so far the simplest way available grin grin
Re: First Bank Account Opening: Quick And Simple Ways To Open An Account by Sam32(m): 7:20pm On Aug 12, 2020
Galactico4ever:

How did it go? Did you successfully create an account?
Re: First Bank Account Opening: Quick And Simple Ways To Open An Account by Sam32(m): 7:20pm On Aug 12, 2020
Cradle007:

Are you planning to open without BVN?
Re: First Bank Account Opening: Quick And Simple Ways To Open An Account by Galactico4ever(m): 10:15pm On Aug 12, 2020
Sam32:

How did it go? Did you successfully create an account?
No sir.

I plan on opening a general savings account,so I'll have to go to the bank on Monday with those docs you listed. There's no need to stress myself twice so I'll update you on Monday evening, hopefully.
Re: First Bank Account Opening: Quick And Simple Ways To Open An Account by Sam32(m): 10:01pm On Aug 13, 2020
Galactico4ever:
No sir.

I plan on opening a general savings account,so I'll have to go to the bank on Monday with those docs you listed. There's no need to stress myself twice so I'll update you on Monday evening, hopefully.

Okay.

The benefit of this platform is the ease of getting an account number at instantly and being able to receive funds into it immediately.

Also for those who don't have easy access to banking services.

Looking forward to hear from you cool
Re: First Bank Account Opening: Quick And Simple Ways To Open An Account by WoeBetide666: 11:18pm On Dec 14, 2020
Is it as legitimate as the regular bank Account? Because, using this method, I've opened about two bank accounts with the same BVN.
Re: First Bank Account Opening: Quick And Simple Ways To Open An Account by wambai80: 2:47pm On Feb 26, 2021
Hi if I opened the account with bvn, can I use the account immediate and if the account is legit, how will the bank access my passport?
Re: First Bank Account Opening: Quick And Simple Ways To Open An Account by Orubebe01: 3:13pm On Feb 26, 2021
Sam32:
I opened with this code and money has been sent to me through the account though I opened without bvn. Any code to link it with my bvn. Also can I transfer some money to another account without linking it to my bvn

1 Like

Re: First Bank Account Opening: Quick And Simple Ways To Open An Account by Akposkiz: 3:46pm On Sep 11, 2023
No don't work. You must link it first!

(1) (Reply)

Naira Declines By 0.82%, Settle At N370/$ / FIRS, AGF Collaborate To Deduct VAT At Source / CAN Plans Christian Banking After Swedish Model

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.