Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,087 members, 7,818,261 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

Top 9 Most Important Thing$ Everyone Should Kn0w Before Thinking Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Top 9 Most Important Thing$ Everyone Should Kn0w Before Thinking Marriage (344 Views)

How Much Should I Consider Safe To Have In My Bank Before Thinking On Wedding? / How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? / 9 Important Thing$ Everyone Should Kn0w Before Getting Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 9 Most Important Thing$ Everyone Should Kn0w Before Thinking Marriage by jojamz: 9:24am On Aug 12, 2020
1. Be good friends. Don't marry a stranger and hope you'll become compatible over time. Start with a solid foundation of love, shared values, common interests, and trust.
2. Don't expect your partner to change. People do change, but not in predictable ways. So if your partner has a drug problem, assume he'll always have one. Suppose you're marrying someone with a drug problem, not someone who will, with time, stop taking drugs, and ask if you can live with that. If she doesn't want children, assume she'll always not want children. If he has a temper, assume he'll always have a temper.
3. Communicate consistently and communicate about everything. If you have a big secret in your life that you're not comfortable sharing with your partner (a fetish, a crime you committed, a friend you betrayed), this will likely cause problems down the road. Get it out into the open, now, and lay down a foundation of honesty. Fart in front of your husband. Tell your wife about your latest poo.

4. Sometimes people say, "I woke up one day and my husband was a stranger." But he didn't become one overnight, even if it seems that way. People change gradually. It only feels like they change quite suddenly when they don't continually talk. If your wife is slowly becoming depressed or dissatisfied, it shouldn't take you by surprise. You should know about all the stages, through constant talk. There should be many, many opportunities for intervention.

5. Make sure you can honestly discuss sex, money children, in-laws, careers, politics, and religion. These are the contentious subjects that can drive uncommunicative couples apart.

6. Value partnership. If this isn't a high value for both of you, you're in trouble. If you have lots of "deal breakers" or if, whenever there's a problem, you think, "Should I stay or should I go?" that's a red flag. Your marriage will have a better chance of success if you're both committed to fixing problems and if you both think of all problems as shared problems.
Work on projects together. Collaboration is one of the primary forms of human communication. It's a kind of social glue. Try to find hobbies you both like doing together.
you can check https://jojamz.com for more info copied mostly from https://eapolyent.com original writer
Re: Top 9 Most Important Thing$ Everyone Should Kn0w Before Thinking Marriage by ayspac(m): 9:39am On Aug 12, 2020
Fact
Re: Top 9 Most Important Thing$ Everyone Should Kn0w Before Thinking Marriage by Blackmoran(m): 9:54am On Aug 12, 2020
I agree with your writing except from this idea of marrying your friend...
Some friend are better as been friends, you dating your best friend sometime end up bad. Because there is a great difference in relationship and friendship, just because you get along well as been friends doesn't mean same will happen In a relationship....
Re: Top 9 Most Important Thing$ Everyone Should Kn0w Before Thinking Marriage by notbroke: 10:20am On Aug 12, 2020
You are right
Re: Top 9 Most Important Thing$ Everyone Should Kn0w Before Thinking Marriage by Karlifate: 12:08pm On Aug 12, 2020
OP, well said.

(1) (Reply)

I'm A Threat To Nigerian, I Want The Police To Kill Me - Suspect Confesses / Alternatives To Male Enhancement Pill / 11 Signs She’s Falling In Love With You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.