Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,807 members, 7,831,633 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

Alarm Don Blow! Inec Has Confessed It Can't Dectect Double Registration - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alarm Don Blow! Inec Has Confessed It Can't Dectect Double Registration (2145 Views)

Chest Beaters, Dem Don Blow One Pipeline Oh! / Ekiti Election Rigging Tape:Fayose Finally Confessed / Breaking News: WAEC Says It "Can't Find" Buhari's Academic Records (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alarm Don Blow! Inec Has Confessed It Can't Dectect Double Registration by Chukslar: 2:21pm On Feb 14, 2011
Abuja  — The Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, says it will begin the verification exercise of the voters’ registration throughout the country today.

Chief Press Secretary to the INEC Chairman, Mr Kayode Idowu, who disclosed this in Abuja, yesterday, said the exercise will take place from February 14-18.

Idowu said the list of registered voters would be displayed in all polling units to enable members of the public to register their claims and objections, adding that the exercise also would be an opportunity for INEC to rectify irregular entries in the register.

“Perhaps you know an underaged who registered or somebody who procured double registration or any fraudulent practice; this will be an opportunity to tell the commission. Based on such information, we will deal with such cases expeditiously according to the law,” Idowu said.

The  image makers said the exercise, which had not taken place in the immediate past, partly accounted for the problems that characterised the old voter register and urged Nigerians to turn out, in their numbers, for the exercise.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/02/inec-begins-voters-verification/
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Re: Alarm Don Blow! Inec Has Confessed It Can't Dectect Double Registration by Chukslar: 2:22pm On Feb 14, 2011
I am worried that INEC appears to have shifted the responsibility for detecting multiple registration to the voters. All along we had been assured that Jega's DDC machines will detect any double or multiple registration through finger prints. Does this latest statement by INEC mean that the machines cannot perform this very vital function and that the Commission is now relying on voters to take over this task during the 4-day verification exercise? This will be a major failure of the system and a disaster. Or is INEC under pressure by crooked vested interests NOT to perform this essential duty? Please INEC this issue is crying for clarification as the integrity of the voters' register - and therefore the credibility of the April election itself - largely depends on this. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Alarm Don Blow! Inec Has Confessed It Can't Dectect Double Registration by Kennyblues(m): 2:31pm On Feb 14, 2011
The DDC machine simply to put is just a laptop that has a software for registration on alongside other hardware as biometrics and finger print scanner. I usd the same machine equipment in my office and we have never refered to it as DDC machine.
Re: Alarm Don Blow! Inec Has Confessed It Can't Dectect Double Registration by wesley80(m): 2:31pm On Feb 14, 2011
Another dumb thread destined for the front page!
Re: Alarm Don Blow! Inec Has Confessed It Can't Dectect Double Registration by blacksta(m): 2:45pm On Feb 14, 2011
wesley80:

By grace of the Almighty God - The ineptitude of GEJ and the rest of the clowns must be glaring for all to see
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

to prove a point - i actually registered twice.
Re: Alarm Don Blow! Inec Has Confessed It Can't Dectect Double Registration by mogentle(m): 4:01pm On Feb 14, 2011
wesley80:

Is that what u will say to the report of almost $600 million project?
Mr. Beaf, Your blind support for your master does not allow you to see errors where it's located.
Re: Alarm Don Blow! Inec Has Confessed It Can't Dectect Double Registration by monkeyleg: 4:22pm On Feb 14, 2011
Wouldnt it have been easier for INEC to request age verification at point of registeration (Birth Certificate, ID card, Passport), would that not have saved us this headache and possible loophole for fraud.

Just shows what a shoddy job was done in the first place. Totally "Lets make it up as we go along" Syndrome. No clear vision, no clear plan.

Just an observation, not a complaint.
Re: Alarm Don Blow! Inec Has Confessed It Can't Dectect Double Registration by wesley80(m): 4:50pm On Feb 14, 2011
monkeyleg:

Wouldnt it have been easier for INEC to request age verification at point of registeration (Birth Certificate, ID card, Passport), would that not have saved us this headache and possible loophole for fraud.

Just shows what a shoddy job was done in the first place. Totally "Lets make it up as we go along" Syndrome. No clear vision, no clear plan.

Just an observation, not a complaint.

Did u even bother to think b4 spewing out this Crap? All Nigerians should have their ages verified by who? U really r more stupi.d than I ever thought.
Re: Alarm Don Blow! Inec Has Confessed It Can't Dectect Double Registration by monkeyleg: 8:30pm On Feb 14, 2011
wesley80:

Did u even bother to think b4 spewing out this Crap? All Nigerians should have their ages verified by who? U really r more stupi.d than I ever thought.

Wesley80,

I sensible countries were this sort of excersize is undertaken, age verification is part of the process, but I dont expect you to understand, after all you are busy wallowing in the 1000 naira your Grand-mama and you got from Uduaghan. Stack illiterate
Re: Alarm Don Blow! Inec Has Confessed It Can't Dectect Double Registration by Chukslar: 10:51pm On Feb 14, 2011
Kennyblues:

The DDC machine simply to put is just a laptop that has a software for registration on alongside other hardware as biometrics and finger print scanner. I usd the same machine equipment in my office and we have never refered to it as DDC machine.
Exactly I hope Jega and his Team are not taking Nigerians for Granted. He has to keep to his words or he will pay dearly for it ooooooooooo angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Alarm Don Blow! Inec Has Confessed It Can't Dectect Double Registration by playmode(m): 11:30pm On Feb 14, 2011
The Inec software program which Jonathan "authorized" billions of naira for is a cheap program which you can buy on any hackers forum for a mere $40.It has no server protection and it has many back doors which can be manipulated by skilled hackers in a matter of minutes.It shows that Nigeria will never change.
Re: Alarm Don Blow! Inec Has Confessed It Can't Dectect Double Registration by Chukslar: 11:42pm On Feb 14, 2011
playmode:

The Inec software program which Jonathan "authorized" billions of naira for is a cheap program which you can buy on any hackers forum for a mere $40.It has no server protection and it has many back doors which can be manipulated by skilled hackers in a matter of minutes.It shows that Nigeria will never change.

Playmode pls elaborate. Its time to expose them, so that Nigerians will know the truth, they think we are not computer literate enough to see through the charade they call electronic voter registration that will be hard to rig.
Pls tell Nigerians, which of the hackers sites ? what are the Back doors? and How can it be manipulated?
We will expose them.
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Alarm Don Blow! Inec Has Confessed It Can't Dectect Double Registration by Mariory(m): 11:50pm On Feb 14, 2011
So in between all the useless noise being spouted so far in this thread, let me ask an obvious question. Where in that article does it state that INEC cannot detect multiple registrations?
Re: Alarm Don Blow! Inec Has Confessed It Can't Dectect Double Registration by Chukslar: 10:53am On Feb 15, 2011
Mariory:

So in between all the useless noise being spouted so far in this thread, let me ask an obvious question. Where in that article does it state that INEC cannot detect multiple registrations?

@ Mariory Pls read the article again in second to the last paragraph and I quote "Perhaps you know an underaged who registered or somebody who procured double registration or, " . If the machine will remove duplicate entries then why this statement? why ask people to report if they know of somebody who procured double Registration?
Now Who is the Noise makers in this thread? we are concerned about lies that INEC fed Nigerians and we want to hold Jega responsible for his statements and you are calling us noise makers.
OK oooooooooo
Re: Alarm Don Blow! Inec Has Confessed It Can't Dectect Double Registration by Mariory(m): 2:56pm On Feb 15, 2011
Chukslar:

@ Mariory Pls read the article again in second to the last paragraph and I quote "Perhaps you know an underaged who registered or somebody who procured double registration or, " . If the machine will remove duplicate entries then why this statement? why ask people to report if they know of somebody who procured double Registration?
Now Who is the Noise makers in this thread? we are concerned about lies that INEC fed Nigerians and we want to hold Jega responsible for his statements and you are calling us noise makers.
OK oooooooooo

Apologies for the noise makers comments. It was not ment to be an insult. smiley

In response to your question, we all know how hard it is to track people down in Nigeria especially with the number of fake names, addresses, DOBs etc. With this in mind, perhaps that is why INEC has asked for help from the public. It is possible that they may have come up with a very large number of fraudulent registrations.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) in Kwara State at the weekend confirmed the discovery of multiple registrants during the just concluded voter’s registration exercise.

. . ."
http://www.worldstagegroup.com/worldstage/index.php?&id=2028&active=news

"In a statement, INEC Delta REC said, “the Commission has noticed from the just concluded voters registration exercise, the deliberate act of multiple registration and registration of minors ostensibly facilitated by some politicians in collusion with some unscrupulous INEC officials.

“The perpetrators of these electoral offences and their cohorts are already being fished out through the Automated Finger Identification System, AFIS, and would soon face the wrath of the law."
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/02/inec-alleges-officials-collusion-with-politicians-for-multiple-registration/
Re: Alarm Don Blow! Inec Has Confessed It Can't Dectect Double Registration by Kobojunkie: 3:05pm On Feb 15, 2011
playmode:

How do you know this for a fact?
Re: Alarm Don Blow! Inec Has Confessed It Can't Dectect Double Registration by spade: 3:19pm On Feb 15, 2011
Wahala dey o! grin
Re: Alarm Don Blow! Inec Has Confessed It Can't Dectect Double Registration by Kobojunkie: 3:26pm On Feb 15, 2011
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/02/inec-alleges-officials-collusion-with-politicians-for-multiple-registration/

Dr. Gabriel Ada, therefore, vowed to fish out all the perpetrators to face the wrath of the law, while noting that the exercise was, however, commendable as 1.9 million persons were registered in the state, excluding the figure from the three Warri local government areas, where there was an extension.

In a statement, INEC Delta REC said, “the Commission has noticed from the just concluded voters registration exercise, the deliberate act of multiple registration and registration of minors ostensibly facilitated by some politicians in collusion with some unscrupulous INEC officials.

“The perpetrators of these electoral offences and their cohorts are already being fished out through the Automated Finger Identification System, AFIS, and would soon face the wrath of the law.

This is the reason why I wish we had intelligent journalists out there getting us answers. How does an AFIS help detect the perpetrators?
Re: Alarm Don Blow! Inec Has Confessed It Can't Dectect Double Registration by monkeyleg: 4:00pm On Feb 15, 2011
I do conceed to an extent that this whole thing was rushed, that said though, this would have been an excellent opportunity for the Nigerian Government to start gathering accurate data on her people.

Would it have been too difficult for people to be asked to come with their Birth certificates, Passports? or Sworn affidavit, at least to create some level of people varification. This data can then be built upon, saving the tax payer and Nigerians a huge amount of money.

I have no doubt that Jega must have meant well, but it takes far more than sheer will to accomplish that which will become beneficial to all. We must start using our money wisely. The whole process was not thought through from day one, now we are left with Patch-Patch Job.
Re: Alarm Don Blow! Inec Has Confessed It Can't Dectect Double Registration by proudly9ja(m): 4:03pm On Feb 15, 2011
^^^
Im assuming the AFIS detects multiple finger prints and since the person's data is on the database, he/she can easily be found out?
Re: Alarm Don Blow! Inec Has Confessed It Can't Dectect Double Registration by Kobojunkie: 4:03pm On Feb 15, 2011
monkeyleg:

I do conceed to an extent that this whole thing was rushed, that said though,[size=13pt] this would have been an excellent opportunity for the Nigerian Government to start gathering accurate data on her people.
[/size]

Exactly!!!!

monkeyleg:

Would it have been too difficult for people to be asked to come with their Birth certificates, Passports? or Sworn affidavit, at least to create some level of people varification. This data can then be built upon, saving the tax payer and Nigerians a huge amount of money.

Unfortunately, I see another ID Scheme coming up soon.
Re: Alarm Don Blow! Inec Has Confessed It Can't Dectect Double Registration by Kobojunkie: 4:04pm On Feb 15, 2011
proudly9ja:

^^^
Im assuming the AFIS detects multiple finger prints and since the person's data is on the database, he/she can easily be found out?

Let's go with that for a minute, how does that help identify  the other problem(referring to the registration of minors, foreigners etc)?
Re: Alarm Don Blow! Inec Has Confessed It Can't Dectect Double Registration by yongnoble(m): 6:21pm On Feb 15, 2011
I was in kano during the registration exercise and what i saw was nothing to write home about. A wealthy politician would come with tons of underage boys and girls, am talking 13s and 12 years old for registration and you (the inec official) dare not refuse to register them otherwise,
Re: Alarm Don Blow! Inec Has Confessed It Can't Dectect Double Registration by mrofficial(m): 4:32am On Feb 16, 2011
:-x
Re: Alarm Don Blow! Inec Has Confessed It Can't Dectect Double Registration by texazzpete(m): 9:26am On Feb 16, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Let's go with that for a minute, how does that help identify  the other problem(referring to the registration of minors, foreigners etc)?

That is not under INEC's control.
Re: Alarm Don Blow! Inec Has Confessed It Can't Dectect Double Registration by texazzpete(m): 9:30am On Feb 16, 2011
monkeyleg:

I do conceed to an extent that this whole thing was rushed, that said though, this would have been an excellent opportunity for the Nigerian Government to start gathering accurate data on her people.

I have no doubt that Jega must have meant well, but it takes far more than sheer will to accomplish that which will become beneficial to all. We must start using our money wisely. The whole process was not thought through from day one, now we are left with Patch-Patch Job.

Jega's system will provide the Government with a database containing 62 million names, fingerprints, photos, age, sex, address and occupation. It is not perfect, but it's significant.
I cannot understand why any rational person will dismiss this significant data as irrelevant. Jesus Christ, is there no pleasing you people?!

Tell me when in the history of Nigeria have we had such a significant amount of data captured with this level of efficiency! Give this data to FBI consultants and soon we'll catching armed robbers and kidnappers by their fingerprints.
Re: Alarm Don Blow! Inec Has Confessed It Can't Dectect Double Registration by Demdem(m): 9:45am On Feb 16, 2011
blacksta:

By grace of the Almighty God - The ineptitude of GEJ and the rest of the clowns must be glaring for all to see
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

to prove a point - i actually registered twice.

hehehehe. Then u are going to JAIL. If and only if u are caught sha.
Re: Alarm Don Blow! Inec Has Confessed It Can't Dectect Double Registration by Muza(m): 12:09pm On Feb 16, 2011
Voters Reg just finished of the 5th of Feb, and verification started mon,tues in some places.
So is INEC trying to tell me that they have collected and compiled all the data in one single database,and have scanned all through,matching finger prints to detect multiple registration? that is,before this verification.
If they ddnt do that then they are putting the cart before the horse,or even worse,justify ACN's claim than they can detect multiple registration.
And if they cant detect multiple registration then the whole aim has been defeated,it would have even been better to have used Iwu's register than spend such staggering sum.

After looking at all these and many other things concerning the voters registration,I just wonder if we've conned,dupped,looted. . .etca
Re: Alarm Don Blow! Inec Has Confessed It Can't Dectect Double Registration by Kobojunkie: 1:45pm On Feb 16, 2011
texazzpete:

That is not under INEC's control.

hm . . . Mr INEC Spokesperson, under whose control is it? Isn't it INEC's duty to conduct a credible and fair election? If there are thousands of kids registered and able to vote as a result, tell us, who do we go to for answers to this?
Re: Alarm Don Blow! Inec Has Confessed It Can't Dectect Double Registration by Nobody: 2:52pm On Feb 16, 2011
There is nothing that can be done properly in this country, everybody wants to embezzle without working. I believe they can still get one server dump all the information in it and invite people who know whats up to handle it. Zinox should pls stand aside. I don tire for this country
Re: Alarm Don Blow! Inec Has Confessed It Can't Dectect Double Registration by 1025: 6:19pm On Feb 16, 2011
na waa for ppl here. how can someone tell u that u must vote where u register and u still believe the double registeration of a thing will be dictected.
we know what it means to have a central data system. if what they are claiming is possible, the registeration will not be possible in the first place.
if those china laptops have a central system, it will dictect double rregisterations as soon as the fingers show.
jonathan and jega have shared that N87b plus N6.6b. cool deal for them.
i see iwu becoming better than jega.
Re: Alarm Don Blow! Inec Has Confessed It Can't Dectect Double Registration by againstGEJ(m): 6:22pm On Feb 16, 2011
Another meaningless thread.

(1) (2) (Reply)

31 Reasons Why Buhari Does Not Deserve Your Vote / Jonathan Grounds Governor Amaechi's Bombardier Jet In Akure Airport / Jonathan's Support For TB Joshua Could Widen Diplomatic Rift With SA-Reuters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.