Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,382 members, 7,853,701 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 10:01 PM

Alarm Don Blow! Inec Has Confessed It Can't Dectect Double Registration - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alarm Don Blow! Inec Has Confessed It Can't Dectect Double Registration (2151 Views)

Chest Beaters, Dem Don Blow One Pipeline Oh! / Ekiti Election Rigging Tape:Fayose Finally Confessed / Breaking News: WAEC Says It "Can't Find" Buhari's Academic Records (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alarm Don Blow! Inec Has Confessed It Can't Dectect Double Registration by againstGEJ(m): 6:23pm On Feb 16, 2011
1025:

na waa for ppl here. how can someone tell u that u must vote where u register and u still believe the double registeration of a thing will be dictected.
we know what it means to have a central data system. if what they are claiming is possible, the registeration will not be possible in the first place.
if those china laptops have a central system, it will dictect double rregisterations as soon as the fingers show.
jonathan and jega have shared that N87b plus N6.6b. cool deal for them.
i see iwu becoming better than jega.

Please dont just argue for arguments sake.

So, the computers on the field are linked to the central database real time? Do you understand about data capture and data processing?
Re: Alarm Don Blow! Inec Has Confessed It Can't Dectect Double Registration by texazzpete(m): 11:51pm On Feb 16, 2011
Kobojunkie:

hm . . . Mr INEC Spokesperson, under whose control is it? Isn't it INEC's duty to conduct a credible and fair election? If there are thousands of kids registered and able to vote as a result, tell us, who do we go to for answers to this?

Why don't you tell us how INEC was/is supposed to protect us against child registration?

Perhaps some magical software that can scan photos and determine their ages?
Perhaps cloning our undermanned Police force so there would have been adequate security coverage to prevent intimidation of corps members?
Perhaps give all Corps members employed weapons and martial arts training to scare off the thugs?
Perhaps INEC should have issued a truth serum for the people coming to register?

INEC is not responsible for the crookedness inherent in most Nigerians.
Re: Alarm Don Blow! Inec Has Confessed It Can't Dectect Double Registration by Kobojunkie: 1:10am On Feb 17, 2011
texazzpete:

Why don't you tell us how INEC was/is supposed to protect us against child registration?

Perhaps some magical software that can scan photos and determine their ages?
Perhaps cloning our undermanned Police force so there would have been adequate security coverage to prevent intimidation of corps members?
Perhaps give all Corps members employed weapons and martial arts training to scare off the thugs?
Perhaps INEC should have issued a truth serum for the people coming to register?

INEC is not responsible for the crookedness inherent in most Nigerians.

Dude, I am not the one making PROMISES and statements on behalf of INEC -- you are! So excuse me for wanting to know how exactly INEC is not to be blamed if it ends up with a Database filled with illegal names and prints.

texazzpete:

Jega's system will provide the Government with a database containing 62 million names, fingerprints, photos, age, sex, address and occupation. It is not perfect, but it's significant.
texazzpete:

That is not under INEC's control.

I posted a question, you answered with authority. What did you expect me to do? Swallow up whatever you post in response without weighing it to make sure it stands? Please, please go right ahead and explain to us some more how INEC is not to blamed for the fact that foreigners and under-aged people will likely vote come April.  Will it still be considered a free and fair election, since I expect INEC to announce that.  DO tell us!
Re: Alarm Don Blow! Inec Has Confessed It Can't Dectect Double Registration by texazzpete(m): 7:37am On Feb 17, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Dude, I am not the one making PROMISES and statements on behalf of INEC -- you are! So excuse me for wanting to know how exactly INEC is not to be blamed if it ends up with a Database filled with illegal names and prints.

Now you're just being silly. I made that statement to cover registrations from foreigners and minors, not all cases of 'illegal names and prints'. INEC will be held culpable in cases of multiple registration. For registration of foreigners and minors, how are the corps members and the security men supposed to tell the difference between a Nigerian and a foreigner from west africa? Even if this exercise was outsourced to the FBI, there would have been no way to tell the difference (especially with the flop of the National ID card project).

The 'doom-and-gloom' scenario you paint is laughable. Even in the worst case scenario, it is extremely unlikely that minors will make up to 0.5% of the names on the register.

Kobojunkie:

I posted a question, you answered with authority. What did you expect me to do? Swallow up whatever you post in response without weighing it to make sure it stands? Please, please go right ahead and explain to us some more how INEC is not to blamed for the fact that foreigners and under-aged people will likely vote come April.  Will it still be considered a free and fair election, since I expect INEC to announce that.  DO tell us!

By the same standards, since Obama promised to safeguard the lives and property of the US citizens, he should be blamed for the snowstorms sweeping through America!

'free and fair' does not mean PERFECT.
Re: Alarm Don Blow! Inec Has Confessed It Can't Dectect Double Registration by Kobojunkie: 9:01am On Feb 17, 2011
texazzpete:

Now you're just being silly. I made that statement to cover registrations from foreigners and minors, not all cases of 'illegal names and prints'. INEC will be held culpable in cases of multiple registration. For registration of foreigners and minors, how are the corps members and the security men supposed to tell the difference between a Nigerian and a foreigner from west africa? Even if this exercise was outsourced to the FBI, there would have been no way to tell the difference (especially with the flop of the National ID card project).

The 'doom-and-gloom' scenario you paint is laughable. Even in the worst case scenario, it is extremely unlikely that minors will make up to 0.5% of the names on the register.

By the same standards, since Obama promised to safeguard the lives and property of the US citizens, he should be blamed for the snowstorms sweeping through America!

'free and fair' does not mean PERFECT.

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided. . . . . So the long and short of all this is you ABSO-F-KING-LUTELY have no clue? You were just trying to piss off your own self by jumping to respond to a question you have absolutely no answer for? OK!

Sigh . . . Moving on now . . .
Re: Alarm Don Blow! Inec Has Confessed It Can't Dectect Double Registration by Kobojunkie: 9:02am On Feb 17, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Let's go with that for a minute, how does that help identify  the other problem(referring to the registration of minors, foreigners etc)?

the question is open to anyone who is informed on this please . . .
Re: Alarm Don Blow! Inec Has Confessed It Can't Dectect Double Registration by texazzpete(m): 9:22am On Feb 17, 2011
Kobojunkie:

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided. . . . . So the long and short of all this is you ABSO-F-KING-LUTELY have no clue? You were just trying to piss off your own self by jumping to respond to a question you have absolutely no answer for? OK!

Sigh . . . Moving on now . . .

I gave a simple answer: INEC cannot accept culpability for cases of registration of minors. It's common sense.

If you need someone to blame, target the Nigerian security services and the Politicians that encourage this vice.
Re: Alarm Don Blow! Inec Has Confessed It Can't Dectect Double Registration by Kobojunkie: 9:25am On Feb 17, 2011
texazzpete:

I gave a simple answer: INEC cannot accept culpability for cases of registration of minors. It's common sense.

If you need someone to blame, target the Nigerian security services and the Politicians that encourage this vice.

Please . .  we did not go to school in a minute  . . . you and I know you did not answer the question. . . I no blame you sha that you feel that, for lack of a better word,rant would pass as an answer. It seems the norm here.

All I did was ask a question  --- It is OK to admit you have no clue. Let those who have knowledge of what INEC is actually doing, and probably intends to do, answer the question. You do not have to be INEC spokesman on Nairaland . . . especially not when I am asking questions that I prefer real answers to --- not the same old mindless fluff people offer up for answers on here.
Re: Alarm Don Blow! Inec Has Confessed It Can't Dectect Double Registration by Kobojunkie: 9:26am On Feb 17, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Let's go with that for a minute, how does that help identify  the other problem(referring to the registration of minors, foreigners etc)?

Re: Alarm Don Blow! Inec Has Confessed It Can't Dectect Double Registration by Chukslar: 9:55am On Feb 17, 2011
Kobojunkie & texazzpete Pls the issue here is get an interpretation of what thew INEC spokesman means by “Perhaps you know an underaged who registered or somebody who procured double registration or any fraudulent practice; this will be an opportunity to tell the commission. Based on such information, we will deal with such cases expeditiously according to the law,”

Especially " Perhaps you know, somebody who procured double registration, this will be an opportunity to tell the commission"

Does it mean that all the time they have been telling Nigerians that they have the capability to remove duplicate entries (Which I see as the major X Factor and reason for all the Billions) that they where purposefully lying?
Why is INEC now trying to shift the responsibility of dictating double registration to the Members of the public? (I know Nigerians have short memory but not that short habaaa Inec You Promised ooooooooo)

Have we Nigerians been conned once again?
Re: Alarm Don Blow! Inec Has Confessed It Can't Dectect Double Registration by Kobojunkie: 10:03am On Feb 17, 2011
Chukslar:

Kobojunkie & texazzpete Pls the issue here is get an interpretation of what thew INEC spokesman means by “Perhaps you know an underaged who registered or somebody who procured double registration or any fraudulent practice; this will be an opportunity to tell the commission. Based on such information, we will deal with such cases expeditiously according to the law,”

WOW . . . Nigerians to fib on each other? Like we did back during Abacha? I would imagine more people would not care enough to even report anyone they know who registered more than once.

Chukslar:

Especially "somebody who procured double registration".
Does it mean that all the time they have been telling Nigerians that they have the capability to remove duplicate entries (Which I see as the major X Factor) that they where purposefully lying?
Have we Nigerians been conned ?

And that is the reason for the questions. I believe only some days ago, we were told that INEC acquired new technology for use in detecting and cleaning up much of the problems listed. To now have another so called INEC rep, and INEC itself decide that they look to members of the public coming in to rat those who registered more than once is just saying something else.

Also, INEC has admitted and confirmed the existence of duplicate records, there is evidence of underage registrants and even foreigners registering. It is up to people to call on INEC to find a solution now, not 2 seconds to polls opening in April.
Re: Alarm Don Blow! Inec Has Confessed It Can't Dectect Double Registration by texazzpete(m): 4:04pm On Feb 17, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Ask an intelligent question if you want an intelligent answer. A system put in place to detect multiple registration cases will not detect minors or foreigners.
the security personnel deployed to the polling units were supposed to be the line of defence against this scenario. It will be churlish indeed to hold INEC responsible for any lapses in this regard.
Re: Alarm Don Blow! Inec Has Confessed It Can't Dectect Double Registration by Kobojunkie: 4:15pm On Feb 17, 2011
^^Now the question you claim you attempted to answer is your new target undecided? What part of " if you do not know the answer, don't  respond" do you not get?

Why in God's marvelous world would I ask you anything intelligent when you produced a rant, instead of an answer, as response for a simple,clear question?

Again, please stop . So far it is clear YOU DO NOT KNOW and it is ALRIGHT!
Re: Alarm Don Blow! Inec Has Confessed It Can't Dectect Double Registration by texazzpete(m): 5:22pm On Feb 17, 2011
Kobojunkie:

^^Now the question you claim you attempted to answer is your new target undecided? What part of " if you do not know the answer, don't  respond" do you not get?

Why in God's marvelous world would I ask you anything intelligent when you produced a rant, instead of an answer, as response for a simple,clear question?

Again, please stop . So far it is clear YOU DO NOT KNOW and it is ALRIGHT!

You may find this difficult to understand, but the participation of everyone else in this forum is not limited to answering your silly questions.
Good thing you confirm that your question was anything but intelligent.

Good job on your part in dodging my own question, reproduced below.
texazzpete:

After all the tripe you've been posting here, why don't you just take up the gauntlet and tell us plausible ways INEC could have guaranteed that there'd be zero cases of minor registration.
Re: Alarm Don Blow! Inec Has Confessed It Can't Dectect Double Registration by Kobojunkie: 11:05pm On Feb 17, 2011
undecided undecided

Kobojunkie:

Kobojunkie:

Re: Alarm Don Blow! Inec Has Confessed It Can't Dectect Double Registration by againstGEJ(m): 8:33am On Feb 18, 2011

(1) (2) (Reply)

Museveni Repression Of Ugandans In Pictures / I Really Appreciate All The Lagos Related Threads And Attention On Nl. / Why Do People Hate GEJ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.