Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,544 members, 7,823,386 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:32 AM

Three Tips To Eliminate Distractions While Working From Home - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Three Tips To Eliminate Distractions While Working From Home (229 Views)

Three Tips And Tricks To Stop Negative Thought Patterns / Tragedy Struck As PHCN Staff Got Electrocuted While Working On An Illegal Conne / How To Eliminate Our Fears!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Three Tips To Eliminate Distractions While Working From Home by phonekiosk: 12:21pm On Aug 12, 2020
Working from home has always been my priority. Apart from helping me spend more time with my loved ones, it helps me to save the money which I’d otherwise have spent on commuting. Also, it gives me the freedom to dress howsoever I like without the fear of anyone passing judgment.

Despite all these advantages that work from home has to offer, there’s one reason why some of us still prefer the office life. Distractions like easy access to television, the lure of household chores, and hue and cry raised by kids can stop remote workers from achieving as much as they need or want to.

For this reason, I’ve come up with these tips and tricks which help me avoid and eliminate distractions while I’m working from home. Here’s hoping that you find them as beneficial as I do:

#1: Set boundaries
Just because you’re working from home doesn’t mean that you’re available. Make sure that everyone in your household knows that unless something requires your urgent attention, you are not to be disturbed. Use a friendly but firm tone to set boundaries.

That means that you should communicate with your family members that while you’re there for them, you shouldn’t be disturbed unless it’s an emergency. Talking to them will also make them realize the importance of your work, thereby making it less likely for them to bother you during work hours.

#2: Create a designated working space
Provided you have a vacant room in your home, you can turn it into a home office. Working in the same place will give yourself a feeling of being at work. Then clear that room of all the gadgets like the PPE vending machine which can distract you from work.

However, if you don’t have that much free space, designate your study table as a work table. Then clear it of gadgets like a Touchless vending machine and make sure that whenever you’re sitting on that table, it’s only for work-related purposes.

That will send a signal to your mind that this space is only for getting work done, which, in turn, might see your productivity levels soar.

#3: Post your daily work schedule
If you’re surrounded by other people while you’re working, posting your daily work schedule regularly will let them know when you’ll be free to tend to their tasks – and when you are busy and shouldn’t be called upon for trivial matters.

Make sure that you’re posting the schedule in an easy-to-see area like the door of your room, the wall next to your work table, etc. This way, you can be sure that everyone in your home is aware of your work routine.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Three Tips To Keep Kids Occupied And Entertained During Self-isolation / Gov. Uzodimma Commissions Newly Constructed Roads In Owerri Municipality / Rapper, Erriga Sets For Marriage: Date Announced

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.