Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,230 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:12 AM

Commissioning Of The Police Mobile Force Training College, Endeh Hills, Nasarawa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Commissioning Of The Police Mobile Force Training College, Endeh Hills, Nasarawa (983 Views)

4 Policemen From Squadron 23, Police Mobile Force Lagos Killed In Anambra / Security: Enugu State Set To Complete 76 Police Mobile Force Squadron Facility / Buhari, Amaechi & El-Rufai At The Commissioning Of Abuja Metro Rail (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Commissioning Of The Police Mobile Force Training College, Endeh Hills, Nasarawa by Zeegu(m): 3:32pm On Aug 12, 2020
GOVERNMENT OF NASARAWA STATE

Speech Delivered by His Excellency, Engr. Abdullahi A. Sule, Governor of Nasarawa State on the occasion of the Commissioning of the Police Mobile Force Training College, Endeh Hills, Nasarawa-Eggon Local Government Area of Nasarawa State, Nasarawa-Eggon: Wednesday, 12th August, 2020

1. His Excellency, the Deputy Governor of Nasarawa State;

2. The Right Honourable Speaker, Nasarawa State House of Assembly;

3. The Honourable Chief Judge, Nasarawa State;

4. Distinguished Senators and Members of the National Assembly here present;

5. Hon. Minister of Police Affairs;

6. Others Members of the Federal Executive Council here present;

7. The Inspector General of Police IGP Mohammed Abubakar Adamu;

8. Members of the State Executive and Security Councils;

9. The Secretary to the Government of Nasarawa State;

10. The Deputy Inspectors-General (DIGs) of Police here present;

11. Assistant Inspectors-General (AIGs) of Police here present;

12. The Commissioners of Police (CPs) here present;

13. The Head of Civil Service;

14. Permanent Secretaries in the Service of Nasarawa State;

15. His Royal Highness, Hon. Justice Sidi Bage Muhammad I JSC (Rtd) Emir of Lafia and Chairman, Nasarawa State Council of Chiefs;

16. The Executive Chairmen of Local Government Councils and Overseers of Development Areas;

17. Chief Executives of Boards, Commissions and Parastatals, both Federal and States here present;

18. Your Royal Highnesses, Emirs and Chiefs;

19. Gentlemen of the Press;

20. Ladies and Gentlemen.

I am delighted to address you today on the occasion of the Commissioning of the Police Mobile Force Training College, Endeh Hills, Nasarawa-Eggon Local Government Area of Nasarawa State.

2. I warmly welcome the Honourable Minister of Police Affairs, Mohammed Maigari Dingyadi and entourage to this all-important event. Let me also specially welcome the Inspector-General of Police, our very own, IGP Mohammed Abubakar Adamu.

3. I also welcome the DIGs, AIGs, CPs and other Security Administrators to Nasarawa State. In the same vein, I acknowledge the presence of other critical stakeholders at this auspicious occasion.

4. Let me express our profound appreciation to His Excellency, Muhammadu Buhari, GCFR, President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, Federal Republic of Nigeria for graciously approving the siting of the Police Mobile Force Training College in Nasarawa State. We remain grateful for this laudable project. Let me also commend the Inspector-General of Police for conceiving the idea of establishing this college, aimed at equipping the personnel with technical knowledge, as well as strengthening our collective efforts in curbing security challenges in the country.

5. Distinguished guests, ladies and gentlemen, as you are aware, prior to the advent of the Administration of President Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria witnessed monumental threat to national security. The coming on board of the present Administration has significantly degraded the activities of the Boko Haram insurgency, kidnapping, banditry, farmer/herder clashes among other sundry crises. However, it is pertinent to note that, in spite of this effort, we are witnessing the resurgence of criminal elements which necessitated the need to re-strategize towards combating the security challenges bedeviling our society.

6. It is my belief and conviction that the establishment of this college will serve as avenue for prospective participants to exchange ideas and share experience on modern trends of combating insecurity in the country. The college will also provide the needed platform for the appraisal of the security situation of the country and proffer workable solutions that will assist in entrenching a high-tech security system that will promote sustainable peace, stability and harmonious co-existence for socio-economic development of our country.

7. Let me take the liberty of this occasion to state that Nasarawa State has its own share of security challenges, which are majorly conflicts between herdsmen and farmers, kidnapping, rape, as well as communal clashes between ethnic groups. In recent time, Nasarawa State has been battling with the activities of the Islamic sect “Darul-Salam and Hakika” in Toto and Awe Local Government Areas of the State. More worrisome, is the kidnapping activities which has pervaded the rural areas and resulted to the killing of a Traditional Ruler of Odu community in Nasarawa Local Government Area.

8. Distinguished guests, ladies and gentlemen, in our commitment towards ensuring sustainable peace in the State in line with the initiative of the Inspector-General of Police on Community Policing, the Nasarawa State Government has inaugurated the Community Volunteer Guard (Vigilante) Committee, under the Chairmanship of the Commissioner of Police, Nasarawa State Command with the Executive Chairmen of Local Government Areas, Traditional Rulers, opinion leaders, among other critical stakeholders as members.

9. I need to state that this Volunteer Guard is not a security outfit, but it has continued to serve as a veritable tool towards community policing and complements the role of our conventional security agencies in the State.

10. At this juncture, let me commend the efforts of the Federal Government for its continued support in the fight against insecurity, particularly, at this trying moment. I also appreciate the siting of the 38-Police Mobile Force, Akwanga; 58-PMF, Lafia and 69-PMF in Toto. Today, we are witnessing yet the commissioning of the Police Mobile Force Training College here in Endeh Hills, Nasarawa-Eggon Local Government Area of the State.

11. Before concluding this address, let me commend the Inspector-General of Police for your commitment in making this project a reality. I assure you that this laudable achievement will be indelible in the sands of history. I also assure you that Nasarawa State Government will continue to complement the efforts of the Federal Government by providing the necessary logistics support to enhance effective operation in the fight against crimes and criminality in the State.

12. Thank you and may God bless us all.

Re: Commissioning Of The Police Mobile Force Training College, Endeh Hills, Nasarawa by Ahmed0336(m): 3:58pm On Aug 12, 2020
This is great.

I hope it will reduce the rate of kidnapping and arm robbery along lafia akwanga axis.
Re: Commissioning Of The Police Mobile Force Training College, Endeh Hills, Nasarawa by GamalNasser: 4:12pm On Aug 12, 2020
Ahmed0336:
This is great.

I hope it will reduce the rate of kidnapping and arm robbery along lafia akwanga axis.

Is kidnapping also rampart on that that road ?
Re: Commissioning Of The Police Mobile Force Training College, Endeh Hills, Nasarawa by slivertongue: 4:14pm On Aug 12, 2020
bunkum
Re: Commissioning Of The Police Mobile Force Training College, Endeh Hills, Nasarawa by Cyberterror: 4:18pm On Aug 12, 2020
You already have a police training college in Jos, a police academy/university in Kano and you are building another police mobile force training college in Nasarawa!! The way these northerners waste the common wealth of this country is troubling.
Re: Commissioning Of The Police Mobile Force Training College, Endeh Hills, Nasarawa by tamdun: 4:21pm On Aug 12, 2020
Cyberterror:
You already have a police training college in Jos, a police academy/university in Kano and you are building another police mobile force training college in Nasarawa!! The way these northerners waste the common wealth of this country is troubling.
Them stop southern president from doing same?
Until u show northerners that u aren't coward, they will never respect u, they believed south is scared of them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Commissioning Of The Police Mobile Force Training College, Endeh Hills, Nasarawa by Aaronzy: 4:21pm On Aug 12, 2020
Cyberterror:
must u wail?
I mean they use wailing swear for una?
Re: Commissioning Of The Police Mobile Force Training College, Endeh Hills, Nasarawa by ZKOSOSO(m): 4:28pm On Aug 12, 2020
tamdun:

Them stop southern president from doing same?
Until u show northerners that u aren't coward, they will never respect u, they believed south is scared of them
Hey Shattapp
GEJ established Maritime University in gbaramatu..Buhari came in in 2015 and ordered Ameachi to close it down.
GEJ set up ARMY barracks in Abia and relocated some heavy arms from Kaduna don to Abia, Buhari came and returned all the military hardware and arms back to the North.
My point is....the HausaFulanisKanuri Muslims of the North feel that Democracy is anti-Islam. So anything they want they do it without conscience.
Re: Commissioning Of The Police Mobile Force Training College, Endeh Hills, Nasarawa by Ahmed0336(m): 4:46pm On Aug 12, 2020
GamalNasser:

Is kidnapping also rampart on that that road ?
it's been a while sha.

1 Like

Re: Commissioning Of The Police Mobile Force Training College, Endeh Hills, Nasarawa by tamdun: 5:09pm On Aug 12, 2020
ZKOSOSO:

Hey Shattapp
GEJ established Maritime University in gbaramatu..Buhari came in in 2015 and ordered Ameachi to close it down.
GEJ set up ARMY barracks in Abia and relocated some heavy arms from Kaduna don to Abia, Buhari came and returned all the military hardware and arms back to the North.
My point is....the HausaFulanisKanuri Muslims of the North feel that Democracy is anti-Islam. So anything they want they do it without conscience.
Go and tell ur elders at home to shut up, how many of those projects did Jonathan finish? It's very easy to abandon unfinished project here in Nigeria, Jonathan should have at least tried to commission 1 or 2 na

(1) (Reply)

Kanye West Joins The Call For #SARSmustend / End Sars: Anonymous Hacked First Class Numbers Of Some Senators. / Benin Prisoners Spotted Running Away: PICTURES & VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.