Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,730 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:07 PM

Can One Fast While On Medication - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can One Fast While On Medication (1123 Views)

Harnessing The Power Of Medication: A Healing Spell / For Spiritual Medication Of The Body / Medication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can One Fast While On Medication by Nobody: 6:33am On Aug 13, 2020
Can someone observe a fast while on a medication that can be taken without food but just requires only water to push down the medicine.?

Hope the medicine won't disqualify the fasting.

Thank you.
Re: Can One Fast While On Medication by Baawaa(m): 6:35am On Aug 13, 2020
See your pastor

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can One Fast While On Medication by Nobody: 6:36am On Aug 13, 2020
Baawaa:
See your pastor

I want to start right away and pastor will gone to work. Church is still closed.
Re: Can One Fast While On Medication by Baawaa(m): 6:44am On Aug 13, 2020
Brachaa:

I want to start right away and pastor will gone to work. Church is still closed.
If your strength can bear continue
Re: Can One Fast While On Medication by orisa37: 6:45am On Aug 13, 2020
No. Stop medication. Fast and pray on.
Re: Can One Fast While On Medication by Nobody: 6:46am On Aug 13, 2020
Baawaa:

If your strength can bear continue

You don't understand. it not about strength now but whether the water and medicine will not nullify the fast.
Re: Can One Fast While On Medication by estyvino(m): 6:50am On Aug 13, 2020
If you are really sick, don't fast

Fast after you regain
Re: Can One Fast While On Medication by Baawaa(m): 6:52am On Aug 13, 2020
Brachaa:

You don't understand. it not about strength now but whether the water and medicine will not nullify the fast.
OK, is by faith
Re: Can One Fast While On Medication by Joshmodest(m): 6:52am On Aug 13, 2020
Brachaa:

You want to take medication without eating against doctor's advice , and you're not bothered about the complications that may result ....rather you are bothered whether your God wouldn't be pissed !!?
Go ahead and fast after taking medications ...but. if anything happens to you just know you caused it ....who told you ..you have to starve yourself before your prayers can be answered ??

1 Like

Re: Can One Fast While On Medication by Nobody: 6:53am On Aug 13, 2020
orisa37:
No. Stop medication. Fast and pray on.

Hmm.. And skip the.dose? I'm caught between this two now. I actually wanted to do the fast after completion of the dose but my spirit just keeps prompting I start today... Dunno how advisable it is to defer the medication and continue afterwards. Just concerned about drug resistance and having to go for a higher strength afterwards.
Re: Can One Fast While On Medication by Nobody: 6:57am On Aug 13, 2020
estyvino:
If you are really sick, don't fast

Fast after you regain

Not really sick though. Just slightly sick and been on the medication only a few days before this prompting since yesterday to fast. undecided
Re: Can One Fast While On Medication by Righteousness89(m): 6:58am On Aug 13, 2020
Brachaa:
Can someone observe a fast while on a medication that can be taken without food but just requires only water to push down the medicine.?

Hope the medicine won't disqualify the fasting.

Thank you.

Yes u Can!
But if u feel you can't , take your drugs

1 Like

Re: Can One Fast While On Medication by chiommy123(f): 7:05am On Aug 13, 2020
you know there are different kinds of fast. it must not be dry fasting since you're on medication.
Re: Can One Fast While On Medication by Nobody: 7:06am On Aug 13, 2020
chiommy123:
you know there are different kinds of fast. it must not be dry fasting since you're on medication.

Ok... How please?
Re: Can One Fast While On Medication by Nobody: 7:06am On Aug 13, 2020
Joshmodest:

You want to take medication without eating against doctor's advice , and you're not bothered about the complications that may result ....rather you are bothered whether your God wouldn't be pissed !!?
Go ahead and fast after taking medications ...but. if anything happens to you just know you caused it ....who told you ..you have to starve yourself before your prayers can be answered ??

God also answers without fasting but with fasting there is this huge difference in the way he answers. From personal experience.

Ok though... Will look into this.

Thanks.
Re: Can One Fast While On Medication by chiommy123(f): 7:09am On Aug 13, 2020
Brachaa:

Ok... How please?
you can read the book of Daniel to understand more. Good bless you
Re: Can One Fast While On Medication by Nobody: 7:17am On Aug 13, 2020
chiommy123:
you can read the book of Daniel to understand more. Good bless you

Just like that?... undecided
Re: Can One Fast While On Medication by Nobody: 7:35am On Aug 13, 2020
Got help from Google.

I actually kicked against the idea of Google to avoid robotic advice but coming here didn't help much either.

Thanks all for your submissions.
Re: Can One Fast While On Medication by Nobody: 7:37am On Aug 13, 2020
I would have gone to Google to find help but I decided to ask this question here because I believe it a live forum where I can get response from those who have a first hand experience but Im not satisfied with what I got here as its just all confusing and suggestive. So i eventually ended up googling it and here's what I got and feel like sharing for the benefit of others in the future.

By all means, consult your doctor before you begin your fast. But, be aware that many doctors have not been trained in this area and so their understanding is limited. Even so, it would be wise to ask your doctor for a physical exam to make sure you are in good health. You may have a physical problem that would make fasting unwise or dangerous. Also, if you are under any type of medication, make sure you talk to your doctor before changing your regime. Prudence and caution are in order.
When you are assured that you are in good health, you are ready to begin your fast. Follow the guidelines in the Physical Preparations and Maintaining Nutritional Balance and Health parts of this website."

In spite of the absolute safety and benefits of fasting, there are certain persons who should NEVER fast without professional supervision. For example:
Persons who are physically too thin or emaciated.
Persons who are prone to anorexia, bulimia, or other behavioral disorders.
Those who suffer weakness or anemia.
Persons who have tumors, bleeding ulcers, cancer, blood diseases, or who have heart disease.
Those who suffer chronic problems with kidneys, liver, lungs, heart, or other important organs.
Individuals who take insulin for diabetes, or suffer any other blood sugar problem such as hyperglycemia.
Women who are pregnant or nursing.

Re: Can One Fast While On Medication by Nobody: 7:41am On Aug 13, 2020
If anyone has a contrary opinion against the above findings, kindly share.

Thanks to every one who contributed. I appreciate.

God bless.

(1) (Reply)

'Blood Will Flow, Nigeria May Disintegrate’–Primate Ayodele Releases Prophecies / Why Are Igbos Catholics? / World's Biggest Jesus Statue Completed In Southern Brazil After Two Years (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.