Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,927 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

Death Sentence For Blasphemy In Kano: A Perspective By O. G. Chukkol - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Death Sentence For Blasphemy In Kano: A Perspective By O. G. Chukkol (36620 Views)

Yahaya Sharif-Aminu Appeals Death Sentence Judgment For Blasphemy / Maryam Sanda Shouting "Mummy, Mummy" After Death Sentence (Video) / Death Sentence: Maryam Sanda Cries In Court As She Is To Die By Hanging (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Death Sentence For Blasphemy In Kano: A Perspective By O. G. Chukkol by Ent3rpreneur(m): 2:09pm On Aug 13, 2020
k
Re: Death Sentence For Blasphemy In Kano: A Perspective By O. G. Chukkol by DarkShades: 2:09pm On Aug 13, 2020
God bless you
Re: Death Sentence For Blasphemy In Kano: A Perspective By O. G. Chukkol by chukwuibuipob: 2:09pm On Aug 13, 2020
No where is safe again cos of these black spot pipu sad

3 Likes

Re: Death Sentence For Blasphemy In Kano: A Perspective By O. G. Chukkol by henrybomb(m): 2:10pm On Aug 13, 2020
After everything you said
Laws of this nature are made for the poor

1 Like

Re: Death Sentence For Blasphemy In Kano: A Perspective By O. G. Chukkol by juustine777(m): 2:10pm On Aug 13, 2020
HALA!
Re: Death Sentence For Blasphemy In Kano: A Perspective By O. G. Chukkol by bbode1(m): 2:10pm On Aug 13, 2020
I just wonder the country Nigeria.. how come we are called Nigeria?
Re: Death Sentence For Blasphemy In Kano: A Perspective By O. G. Chukkol by Snipper007: 2:11pm On Aug 13, 2020
A dead man that can not fight for himself, is that one a prophet?...... The guy said mooohamed was an idle worshiper which means mooslims are worshippers of an idle worshippers. grin
No be me talk am o

7 Likes

Re: Death Sentence For Blasphemy In Kano: A Perspective By O. G. Chukkol by XwhY(m): 2:11pm On Aug 13, 2020
Different laws in a country
Re: Death Sentence For Blasphemy In Kano: A Perspective By O. G. Chukkol by thaoriginator: 2:13pm On Aug 13, 2020
undecided
Re: Death Sentence For Blasphemy In Kano: A Perspective By O. G. Chukkol by Nobody: 2:14pm On Aug 13, 2020
14th century stuff

1 Like

Re: Death Sentence For Blasphemy In Kano: A Perspective By O. G. Chukkol by One4me: 2:14pm On Aug 13, 2020
Hashimyussufamao:
Death Sentence For Blasphemy At Kano: A Perspective by O. G. Chukkol

I have been following arguments on social media for the past two days about the death sentence passed on one Yahaya Aminu Sheriff for blasphemy (insulting prophet Mohammed PBH) at Kano.

Let me make few observations here:

[s]1. There is actually a Shariah Penal Code law in Kano state

2. The said Shariah Penal Code makes provision for offences and punishments recognized in Islam

3. The Shariah Penal Code Law prohibits blasphemy and a violator risks death sentence. See section section 382 thereof.

4. The Shariah Penal Code Law of Kano applies to Muslims only

5. The Shariah Penal Code Law of Kano does not apply to non Muslims. So a Christian or any other non Muslim cannot be prosecuted under the law except if he consents to it

6. Sheriff was tried and convicted under the Shariah Penal Code Law because he was a Muslim.

7. Sheriff has the right to appeal to a higher court for his conviction to be reviewed or set aside if the trial court was wrong.

8. Governor of Kano State has the final say on Sheriff's conviction. He can pardon Sheriff and allow him go free or change the punishment or sign death warrant for Sheriff to be executed/killed as ordered by court
[/s]
9. A non Muslim who insults prophet Mohammed or commits any other form of blasphemy can at best be tried under the general Penal Code law for defamation or breach of public peace or any other related offence depending on exactly what the person says

In view of the foregoing, I will completely refrain from commenting on the appropriateness of death sentence for blasphemy because it is an Islamic injunction entrenched in a written law. Besides, I may not even be objective about it because I am not a Muslim, but a Christian.
I will only end up pouring my sentiment in the guise of criticism. To me, is not even logical to use my religion to condemn another religion.

I submit further, for the purpose of emphasis, that the offence of blasphemy applies to Muslims only and they are in support of it. They are comfortable with it because their religion provides for it. I cannot take panadol for somebody's headache

Had it been the offence applies to non Muslims also, I would have immediately condemned it for being unconstitutional.

It should be noted that the Shariah Penal Code was enacted pursuant to section 38 of the constitution which provides for right to freedom of religion and sections 4 and 6 of the constitution which gives states power to make laws and also establish courts for themselves and also section 36(12) which provides that person can be convicted for an offence only if the said offence is defined in a written law with sanctions attached.

That is to say, the Supreme Law of the land has given them backing. They can practice their religion provided that a non Muslim shall not be affected

Let me drop my pen here. Everything I put down here is strictly my opinion and I may be wrong.

Greetings Ladies and gentlemen

Chukkol

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1905827216221167&id=100003817221624

Who are these Islamic Terrorist trying to fool? grin
Your name is Hashimiyu (Ashimiu), you reminded us that you are not a Muslim but a Chirstian
!( Liar!, Liar!! who even asked you sef?) and then you tell us that the law does not apply to Non Muslims and the condemned man can appeal to a Governor $Gandollar$ whose only interest is to please the barbaric, Islamic terrorists in Kano, so they can vote for him in the next election? shocked shocked

Are you high on Pig's Urine or something worse?
- Do you know how many Christians (that you terrorists refer to as "infidels" just because your Peadophile of a mohammed said so) have been beheaded in Cold Blood, by your Jihadist followers, just because they are Christians or because some of them refused to join your terrorist "Islamic Religion of Piss" or because they called your stupid Prophet Mohammed, what he realy is" A Killer and Peodophile"?

- Are those dead people going to wake up and appeal your blood thirsty reign of terror?
may you and your babrbaric, virgin-seeking, animalistic Prophet Mohammed rot in the hottest part of hell, for all the pains and tears you have caused innocent people, in the name of Islam.
Every where you Moslems are in a sizable number, death, slaughters and rivers of blood is what you turn th place to.
Since that evil, idol worshiper called Mohammed started this fake religion called Islam, the only thing he preaches is barbaric slaughter of others and forced conscription into his evil cult of Isalm.
What does Boko Haram, ISWAP, Anwaru Islam, ISIS and a host of other terrorist groups have in common: ISLAM and that satanic Mohammed.
Go figure.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Death Sentence For Blasphemy In Kano: A Perspective By O. G. Chukkol by dazzlingd(m): 2:15pm On Aug 13, 2020
Adex2442:
Idiot government.

Like if u agree and share if u disagree

1000% agree

Sending us back to dark ages.....not even pre- colonization but all the way back to the stone age

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Death Sentence For Blasphemy In Kano: A Perspective By O. G. Chukkol by Organs(m): 2:15pm On Aug 13, 2020
Hashimyussufamao:

I have been following arguments on social media for the past two days about the death sentence passed on one Yahaya Aminu Sheriff for blasphemy (insulting prophet Mohammed PBH) at Kano.

1. There is actually a Shariah Penal Code law in Kano state

2. The said Shariah Penal Code makes provision for offences and punishments recognized in Islam

3. The Shariah Penal Code Law prohibits blasphemy and a violator risks death sentence. See section section 382 thereof.

5. The Shariah Penal Code Law of Kano does not apply to non Muslims. So a Christian or any other non Muslim cannot be prosecuted under the law except if he consents to it

6. Sheriff was tried and convicted under the Shariah Penal Code Law because he was a Muslim.

7. Sheriff has the right to appeal to a higher court for his conviction to be reviewed or set aside if the trial court was wrong.

8. Governor of Kano State has the final say on Sheriff's conviction. He can pardon Sheriff and allow him go free or change the punishment or sign death warrant for Sheriff to be executed/killed as ordered by court

9. A non Muslim who insults prophet Mohammed or commits any other form of blasphemy can at best be tried under the general Penal Code law for defamation or breach of public peace or any other related offence depending on exactly what the person says

In view of the foregoing, I will completely refrain from commenting on the appropriateness of death sentence for blasphemy because it is an Islamic injunction entrenched in a written law. Besides, I may not even be objective about it because I am not a Muslim, but a Christian. I will only end up pouring my sentiment in the guise of criticism. To me, is not even logical to use my religion to condemn another religion.

I submit further, for the purpose of emphasis, that the offence of blasphemy applies to Muslims only and they are in support of it. They are comfortable with it because their religion provides for it. I cannot take panadol for somebody's headache

Had it been the offence applies to non Muslims also, I would have immediately condemned it for being unconstitutional.

It should be noted that the Shariah Penal Code was enacted pursuant to section 38 of the constitution which provides for right to freedom of religion and sections 4 and 6 of the constitution which gives states power to make laws and also establish courts for themselves and also section 36(12) which provides that person can be convicted for an offence only if the said offence is defined in a written law with sanctions attached.

That is to say, the Supreme Law of the land has given them backing. They can practice their religion provided that a non Muslim shall not be affected

Let me drop my pen here. Everything I put down here is strictly my opinion and I may be wrong.

Chukkol

This is a very good read @Hashimyussufamao. Excellent Piece. @Mayng01. Read this, you will be enlightened.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Death Sentence For Blasphemy In Kano: A Perspective By O. G. Chukkol by thaoriginator: 2:16pm On Aug 13, 2020
Yeyenairaland:
Why would a section of a so called nation be having their own religious court and law.

Would that same particular set of people tolerate it if the other people of the same country have their own religious law and courts?

ISLAM IS BARBARIC!
why using a pig to describe Islamic. It's Christian that eat pigs, ram should a been cool
Re: Death Sentence For Blasphemy In Kano: A Perspective By O. G. Chukkol by Adex2442: 2:16pm On Aug 13, 2020
dazzlingd:

1000% agree

Sending us back to dark ages.....not even pre- colonization but all the way back to the stone age

No one fought for Jesus.

1 Like

Re: Death Sentence For Blasphemy In Kano: A Perspective By O. G. Chukkol by Nobody: 2:16pm On Aug 13, 2020
DigitalyYours:
If there is any one that deserves death sentence over blasphemy, it's the short devil that tweeted this trash in 2013.
Will they ever see that ?They always want to impose their religious laws but will openly insult Christian beliefs and go scot free.

2 Likes

Re: Death Sentence For Blasphemy In Kano: A Perspective By O. G. Chukkol by Karmatyra(f): 2:17pm On Aug 13, 2020
Exactly what I said o. let Muslims practice what ever they like so far as it doesn't affect anyone else who isn't a Muslim,I mean they can hang each other on a stake from the anus through to the mouth,e no concern anybody. I wonder why Christians were crying more than the berieved.
Religion is like a confraternity,anybody that chooses to join should adhere to both the good and bad that comes with it. besides you should know the rules already.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Death Sentence For Blasphemy In Kano: A Perspective By O. G. Chukkol by horchukoh(m): 2:17pm On Aug 13, 2020
These people will do the same if you are non Muslim they will even go to the extent of taking laws into their hands. how come Sharia law is practiced only in northern Nigeria don't we have Muslims down in the South BTW was there no Sharia law when Kano governor was caught receiving bribe in order to approve a contract. this law will continue to fuel Violence on non Muslim in the north hence it should be abolished.

5 Likes

Re: Death Sentence For Blasphemy In Kano: A Perspective By O. G. Chukkol by CodeTemplar: 2:19pm On Aug 13, 2020
Hashimyussufamao:

I love the above points. If Sherrif decides to convert to Christianity(Something he is entitled to do), what happens?

We know there is no way a sensible religion will replace an supposedly all knowingly god with imperfect men.

What happens if a non muslims catches a Muslim committing one of these Islamic offences? Will that not amount to partiality on the side of the sharia field men who it can be said to have ignored the Muslim offender deliberately?

1 Like

Re: Death Sentence For Blasphemy In Kano: A Perspective By O. G. Chukkol by chloride6: 2:19pm On Aug 13, 2020
@OP this your post is baseless.

All laws should be subject to humanity.

Hope you know slavery was once backed by law?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Death Sentence For Blasphemy In Kano: A Perspective By O. G. Chukkol by muykem: 2:20pm On Aug 13, 2020
Why will religion sentence someone to death for blasphemy? Blood thirsty religion must be rejected in totally.

3 Likes

Re: Death Sentence For Blasphemy In Kano: A Perspective By O. G. Chukkol by DisLifeSha: 2:20pm On Aug 13, 2020
Marry me
I have a very very big black dick
Dickeyrider:
I will marry a Muslim man with a big black D*ck smiley
Re: Death Sentence For Blasphemy In Kano: A Perspective By O. G. Chukkol by olu77(m): 2:21pm On Aug 13, 2020
Peacemaker5129:
Watch and see iyanmiri carry the matter for head

3 Likes

Re: Death Sentence For Blasphemy In Kano: A Perspective By O. G. Chukkol by ebbo(m): 2:21pm On Aug 13, 2020
crossfm:
Hehehe.You just end up saying nothing.

You said non moslems are to be tried in a different court,but I tell you this,you won't make it to the court room before they devour you.

The way u guys burn or devour bread or bicycle thief's up there right? Yeye de smell.

2 Likes

Re: Death Sentence For Blasphemy In Kano: A Perspective By O. G. Chukkol by Mo3891: 2:21pm On Aug 13, 2020
Respect other people's law simple as ABC.. this is the principle of a through federalism
Re: Death Sentence For Blasphemy In Kano: A Perspective By O. G. Chukkol by edoairways: 2:22pm On Aug 13, 2020
DigitalyYours:
If there is any one that deserves death sentence over blasphemy, it's the short devil that tweeted this trash in 2013.
That statement made by that governor is a conditional statement "if" he mean no harm. However,if same statement was said by a person to religion of peace, the media would have been on fire
Re: Death Sentence For Blasphemy In Kano: A Perspective By O. G. Chukkol by CodeTemplar: 2:23pm On Aug 13, 2020
thaoriginator:
why using a pig to describe Islamic. It's Christian that eat pigs, ram should a been cool
...or donkey urine.
Re: Death Sentence For Blasphemy In Kano: A Perspective By O. G. Chukkol by gambia(m): 2:23pm On Aug 13, 2020
A non Muslim who insults prophet Mohammed or commits any other form of blasphemy can at best be tried under the general Penal Code law for defamation or breach of public peace or any other related offence depending on exactly what the person says
You got it wrong here, The person wont be alive to face trial.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Death Sentence For Blasphemy In Kano: A Perspective By O. G. Chukkol by nurain150(m): 2:23pm On Aug 13, 2020
Hashimyussufamao:

1. There is actually a Shariah Penal Code law in Kano state

In view of the foregoing, I will completely refrain from commenting on the appropriateness of death sentence for blasphemy because it is an Islamic injunction entrenched in a written law. Besides, I may not even be objective about it because I am not a Muslim, but a Christian. I will only end up pouring my sentiment in the guise of criticism. To me, is not even logical to use my religion to condemn another religion.

Chukkol

Thanks man this will enlighten some blind people

1 Like

Re: Death Sentence For Blasphemy In Kano: A Perspective By O. G. Chukkol by ebbo(m): 2:23pm On Aug 13, 2020
Karmatyra:
Exactly what I said o. let Muslims practice what ever they like so far as it doesn't affect anyone else who isn't a Muslim,I mean they can hang each other on a stake from the anus through to the mouth,e no concern anybody. I wonder why Christians were crying more than the berieved.
Religion is like a confraternity,anybody that chooses to join should adhere to both the good and bad that comes with it. besides you should know the rules already.

Thank u, don't mind the hypocrites. The chritains believe they know more than everybody.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Police Nab Three Inter-state Car Robbers After Their Operation(Pictures) / Prostitutes Attack Each Other Over 'big' Customer In Abuja / Kidnapper, Evans Arraigned In Court (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.