Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,299 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria (7987 Views)

BOI To Reduce Unemployment Rate By Single Digit / What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? / Be A Nationwide Distributor of RUZU BITTERS today With A Little Capital. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by lynton(m): 5:42pm On Oct 02, 2012
ominid1: WILL YOU JOIN A NATIONWIDE PROTEST AGAINST THE UNEMPLOYMENT RATE IN NIGERIA? IT HAS HAPPENED IN TUNISIA, THE EGYPTIANS MODIFIED IT, THE ALGERIAN'S ARE ITCHING FOR A CHANGE. IT APPEARS THE DAWN OF A PROTEST AGAINST THE SEEMINGLY INCOHERENT EMPLOYMENT POLICIES OF ALL GOVERNMENT IN NIGERIA HAS COME.

WE CAN ADVISE THEM BETTER.

WHATS UR TAKE?

Sure I'll if not for my sake, for sake of the young once and generation unborn. We have to make our government to seat up. It seems as they have fallen asleep in their comfort zone. I've come to discover that we Nigeria think that God will come down from heaven to perform a miracle for Nigeria to be better. It is our sole decision as Nigerians to tell our leaders what we really want. We have to remind them that unemployment issue should be given urgent attention because they feel all is well.

2 Likes

Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by SamAfrik(m): 5:45pm On Oct 02, 2012
First, I must say a big thank you to Shymexx. You said it all. Nigerians are just too dull for my liking sometimes. These youths are one of d most disoriented set have seen, they hardly understand d roles of a responsible govt. Reason they are becoming a burden to many countries around d world that seemingly take care of their own citizens. Youths protest for jobs in Spain, masses protest in SA for failure to provide 'service delivery' e.g toilets (yes toilets). And these are countries that are FAR better than Nigeria (in terms of standard of living). Yet we see protests on religious sentiments in Nigeria. WHEN WILL NIGERIANS REALISE WE ARE UNDER AN OPPRESSION?
Any protest against our irresponsible govt got my 100% backing.
Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by SamAfrik(m): 5:48pm On Oct 02, 2012
^^^^ thanks lynton. thats my kind of thinking. Setting things right for posterity. Thanks again for this mentality!
Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by bumps(m): 5:53pm On Oct 02, 2012
Definitly will join any form of protest that will change this country .our leaders have failed.govs not excluding one,past and present.president military and civilian,sen,legislators ve all failed this country.its time to wipe them out.the masses are capable of doing this
Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by mkoabiola: 5:53pm On Oct 02, 2012
dannywest: I passed out from NYSC just this June, I have never written a CV but as at the last time I paid salaries (26th september) there where 7 people on my payroll.
I only started business last february with 6000 naira while waiting to start my nysc. There is no point insulting people who are providing a way out.
As far as expatriates are coming
into this country in their thousands everyday, there is money to be made.

Protesting over not being employed is simply looking for who to blame for a problem you can solve yourself.

Anyone who feels I should agree with the thread can insult me but I just had to speak out.
Bros abi na madam,sorry ooo,but y u de lie for thousands of NLanders,
A bizness less dan a year
A bzness wit 6k
How many empmoyeess
Nawa ooo,ds is fabu nlanla as our ppu de kal am,talk anoda 1
Or tel us d nature of d bzness or we employ u as a consultant.lol

1 Like

Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by dannywest: 6:01pm On Oct 02, 2012
mko abiola:
Bros abi na madam,sorry ooo,but y u de lie for thousands of NLanders,
A bizness less dan a year
A bzness wit 6k
How many empmoyeess
Nawa ooo,ds is fabu nlanla as our ppu de kal am,talk anoda 1
Or tel us d nature of d bzness or we employ u as a consultant.lol

Ive explained everything before, read again, and its almost 2 years if you can relax and calculate, I started early last year and this is October. If you are unfortunate dont assume everyone else is.
Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:18pm On Oct 02, 2012
Why ask who would join?
Just give out the date ,time and venue.
Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by vivaciousvivi(f): 6:19pm On Oct 02, 2012
@ OP: no thks. What good would it do apart from give me sore feet thereafter?
Let's face it, d govt is not expected to spring jobs outta their a...ses r they. A buoyant economy of any country is measured by various economic indices...d rate of unemployment being one of them. However, none of these indices can really stand on its own. They r all entwined in some way. The govt of this country has so failed its people that expecting employment creation thru d public sector is a waste of time. D way to go is d private sector. And the only way for employment to be generated via dis medium is by providing a very favorable climate for their growth...tax rebates, reduction in export duties, banning certain products, provision of power, long term loans from banks, btr protectionist regimes in trading, security and the like. If and when all these slowly take effect, would FDI (if from international funding) and local entrepreneurship will rise.

The point is businesses either fail here due to lack of d above or don't start at all due to difficulty in sustaining them or fail, again, due to some d above. Case in point, Mitchellin tyre factory or d textile industry of old.

Summarily, I feel u can't create jobs from dust. and all I see right now is dust.
Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by Hoodrat(m): 7:03pm On Oct 02, 2012
Nigerian Government need to approve youth unemployment benefit that will ginger the youth to be creative and develop the country! Nigerian are very smart and talented people which we all know and dont need to be told. As someone who reside outside the chores of Nigeria I recollect how many time ive been told by whites ive met in the western world that Nigerian are one of the smartest Negro race to ever exist on earth but is a shame our evil deed surpass the good deed we are known for due to the lack of benefits/care we received from our government.

Many youth got amazing talented but when hunger took up their soul they end up involving in crime yahoo yahoo,robbery and dangerous crime because there is no other way to provide for themselves and our government tend to overlook the truth behind the crime we experience as a nation today. If our government truly know the meaning behind hunger and what it can do to human life they will approve unemployment benefits i personally suggest 5000 Naira monthly to enable each graduate youth start something small as you can see Nigerians are creative and the spirit in us is so strong. Lets all stand to convince our Government to approve this and stop killing our talent and the good spirit in us, is sad to see all the disaster happening here are there if government care for the youth boko haram will not find who to use for their evil deed and every youth would be busy creating employment with what we receive from the government. I conquer and hope our voice can be head and our government approve this,am sure we can do it it is possible if we all voice out and concerns am sure GEJ can do this to transform nigeria to enable tourist walk freely and enjoy what we have to offer as a nation because an angry youth no go happy see oyinbo man dey waka up and down taken pictures without thinking of kidnapping for ransom.
Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by ignis: 7:07pm On Oct 02, 2012
Actually i would not join because it will be a waste of time protesting unemployment in Nigeria. I'd rather join for the mass incesent killings by the boko harams.
Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by sammirano: 7:18pm On Oct 02, 2012
what we need in Nigeria is a violent revolution that will change the course of everything, but the time is yet to come.

1 Like

Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by divinelove(m): 8:02pm On Oct 02, 2012
The essence of government is for the security of lives and properties of the citizens. When that is done the govt goes for the welfare of the ppl by providing basic amenities dt makes lives more meaningful like power, good roads, water, hospital, schools etc. I wud rather protest against d govt. failing in these duties which ll definitely tackle unemployment becoz alot of businesses ll spring up n survive. My tots though
Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by otokx(m): 9:26pm On Oct 02, 2012
sammirano: what we need in Nigeria is a violent revolution that will change the course of everything, but the time is yet to come.

That time will never come
Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by ZeusI: 9:30pm On Oct 02, 2012
I will rather protest about the laziness of our todays youths and their lack of concentrating in their studies while in higher institution, instead they desire in vain to gain employment at 'Aso Rock' or its like despite their lacking in expertise and capability to deliver after graduation, which has become the latest vogue(desire for white collar job). So my answer is NO! They should depend more on their effort and less on the Govt. What has Nigerian youths really done to enhance their country's image after their studies? Nothing! Govt built schools, Govt provided avenues for one(an acclaimed final year student) to prove self(through youth corp[NYSC] training), now you want Govt to build banks for everyone of you, right? Fools, if the leaders you accuse of incompetence every blessed day should prove themselves so, why not prove yourselves capable and daring in the face of these monstrous trials(Nigerian Govt's negligence), and stop demanding to be breastfeeded like babes. NIGERIAN YOUTHS, PROVE YOUR ABILITIES TO UTILISE YOUR GOD GIVEN DESTINIES and stop waiting for another to grant you an opportunity or to determine your future. Keep thinking like slaves.
Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by amor4ce(m): 9:58pm On Oct 02, 2012
Truman155: must u coment ?? U are either §tupid or an ¡D¡ot............. Do u think anybody want to be unemployed ? Or do u think if i get loan now i cant open a business ? Governent is to be blamed because they dont encorage sectors that employ maney people such as manufacturing.,........ Just go and study the chinese model of growth then u wil understand me and blame GEJ AND HIS PEOPLE(GOVERNMENT)
Do you resort to throwing insults at others who don't share your opinion? Did you not see in my comment where I acknowledged the frustration of efforts of genuinely aspiring entrepreneurs? I advocated for introspection and self-revolution because I don't see the point in blaming and protesting against others without first looking at myself in the mirror, and even if and when I do decide to protest I constantly re-evaluate myself. At least, that implies a home grown solution rather than copying others, e.g. the Chinese model that you suggested. By the way, "GEJ AND HIS PEOPLE(GOVERNMENT)" emerged from the same society as other Nigerians, hence protesting against 'government' does not guarantee that such would not emerge again from the same society.
Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by ZeusI: 10:10pm On Oct 02, 2012
@ post. What is self-immolation? I was told that leaders lead by example, so? Set yourself aflame in any public place; far from wateroo, and see the result. Good luck, i will be waiting for news.*exit*
Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by kelvincoll(m): 10:28pm On Oct 02, 2012
grin grin I share ur view Bro, though 1000naira go fit tidy mayb not a pot but a plate of "starndard soup".
However Protests in Nigeria are ineffective but just for Record purpose where history students and journalists cud make reference. A revolution like what happened in Ghana wud rid Naija of the recycled old cargos called leaders and pave way for the 21st century way of getting things done

CrazyMan: I won't because such a protest would yield no result.

Let's face the truth, Nigeria needs more committed leaders than what we have at present.

At 1960 when we got independence, we had an effective road system, we had the Nigerian airways, we had an effective rail system etc.

Today where are they?

As at the time the Naira was introduced, Nigerians could boast proudly of its value. Now with a thousand naira, you can't prepare a standard soup.

Also, Why are we no longer exporting cotton, what happened to our rubber, cotton, bitumen, cocoa etc.

I believe that for the government to solve the problem of unemployment in the country, they have to sit up.

We don't need to protest before they (the government) realize that they have to include job creation in their manifesto.
Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by remzytimer: 10:29pm On Oct 02, 2012
Yes! Yes!! Yes!!!
But it has to be well planned and i think have a strategy. It will be a peaceful protest dt will include all unemployed graduates, d labour union,d students and every other persons dt is not happy with d situation of unemployment in Nigeria (d uniform for the day is RAG) ,It should be everyone's fight since our govt has no plan for us hence; they call us leaders of tomorrow....We have to give it what it takes by telling them to put it right, if we keep quiet the will succeeded in making us useless, redundant, arm robbers, prostitute, Boko haram, public nuisance....let us reach a conclusion on d date and venue cross across 36 state and FCT.
Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by nenergy(m): 10:53pm On Oct 02, 2012
ominid1: WILL YOU JOIN A NATIONWIDE PROTEST AGAINST THE UNEMPLOYMENT RATE IN NIGERIA? IT HAS HAPPENED IN TUNISIA, THE EGYPTIANS MODIFIED IT, THE ALGERIAN'S ARE ITCHING FOR A CHANGE. IT APPEARS THE DAWN OF A PROTEST AGAINST THE SEEMINGLY INCOHERENT EMPLOYMENT POLICIES OF ALL GOVERNMENT IN NIGERIA HAS COME.

WHATS UR TAKE?
If its non-violent,its a good move. But critics will accuse you of misplaced priority. They'll advise you channel energy into entrepreneurial venture instead of carring placard.lol
Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by Sagamite(m): 12:03am On Oct 03, 2012

WHATS UR TAKE?

What a useless and senseless protest proposal!

So when you go on the streets all of a sudden, whahlaaa, employment levels will increase?

You are better off going on the streets and protesting against:

- Corruption (including legal corruption like legislators allowances)
- The lack of will by the Gorilla President to charge corrupt people to court (e.g. Halliburton, Safra)
- Lack of transparency in public investments (Nigeria is one of the few countries where buying things wholesale actually cost more than buying things one at a time by a mulitple of 3+)
- The soft sentences and long trial processes for corrupt people that lead to cases dying

Start with those and see how drastically your country will change! See how unemployment would improve in the long run.
Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by megareal: 6:05am On Oct 03, 2012
dannywest:

Simple! I've experienced this first-hand so many times

True, from school days to tyrannical workplace, this attitude has been prevailing. Im more of an activist and would love to be involved in protests for change but Ive been burned too many times on that front.
Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by slimojas89(m): 6:06am On Oct 03, 2012
I don't get angry easily but some person wanna make me spit. A country is suffering 50% unemployment without basic infrastructure for even a small scale business to thrive and some fools come here to tell youths to create their own wealth. Make we wonder if these set of persons were hired to invade blogs like this by govt. In as much as I am not against creating one's own wealth or starting up somthing, I see foolishness on the part of those who say youths should not protest unemployment when it happens even in countries where employment rate is higher than that of Nigeria. fela was a prophet #suffering'n'smilling
Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by OtunbaGm: 7:03am On Oct 03, 2012
dannywest:

7 people as at last salary not 6,

It will be nice if you can share your business ideas here. Am curious, cos there are lots of people looking for your kind of idea to liberate themselves from poverty!
Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by dannywest: 7:05am On Oct 03, 2012
OtunbaGm:

It will be nice if you can share your business ideas here. Am curious, cos there are lots of people looking for your kind of idea to liberate themselves from poverty!
Scroll up, I said everything I did but I can see most people on the thread are only interested in looking for who to blame for their plight or for which excuses to give.
Check my last posts on this thread.
Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by mkoabiola: 10:33am On Oct 03, 2012
dannywest:
Scroll up, I said everything I did but I can see most people on the thread are only interested in looking for who to blame for their plight or for which excuses to give.
Check my last posts on this thread.
U are jus beating around d bush,or telling lies.
What is d nature of ur bzness? Simple question dat needs a simplle answer.
Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by dannywest: 10:40am On Oct 03, 2012
mko abiola:
U are jus beating around d bush,or telling lies.
What is d nature of ur bzness? Simple question dat needs a simplle answer.

And as I said before if you took time to read my reply before quoting it, scroll back on the thread, I won't answer that same question twice.
Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by mabcos: 11:38am On Oct 03, 2012
amor4ce: @poster, first heal thyself. Nigerians who have had the capacity (finance, intellect, drive) but choose not to use such to create jobs should be looked at. They would include the employed and unemployed, the rich and poor, leaders and followers, etc. My take is that we protest against our individual selves first and take responsibility for our actions. This is not to say that there are those who have not been genuinely frustrated in their entrepreneurship endeavours. However, those who do the frustrating are part and parcel of our society.

Why not a protest against those employed cowards who are too scared or lazy to become entrepreneurs and create jobs but prefer the false security of their salaries?
Are u not tired of deflecting us? Who is paying $ how much $ far does it benefit others? Don't weak people from protesting cos de are even clever dan u who won't know der is no enabling enviroment for ur self-employement option.
Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by skymax: 10:17pm On Oct 03, 2012
PLS CAN SOME ONE HELP WITH THIS DATA: HOW MANY GRADUATES ARE PRODUCED FROM NIGERIA'S HIGHER INSTITUTIONS YEARLY, HOW MANY PEOPLE RETIRE FROM THE CIVIL SERVICES YEARLY AND FINALY HOW MANY VACANCIES DO YOU THINK IS POSSIBLE TO CREATE IN THE CIVIL SERVICE....MAY BE THIS WILL HELP SOME TAKE THE DECISION TO JOIN THE PROTEST OR NOT
Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by amor4ce(m): 3:35am On Oct 04, 2012
Unusual entrepreneurs
[size=16pt]Great talent can come from anywhere[/size]

Oct 3rd 2012, 12:08 by E.C. | LOS ANGELES
Re: Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria by FOLLEY20(m): 9:41am On Oct 04, 2012
CrazyMan: I won't because such a protest would yield no result.

Let's face the truth, Nigeria needs more committed leaders than what we have at present.

At 1960 when we got independence, we had an effective road system, we had the Nigerian airways, we had an effective rail system etc.

Today where are they?

As at the time the Naira was introduced, Nigerians could boast proudly of its value. Now with a thousand naira, you can't prepare a standard soup.

Also, Why are we no longer exporting cotton, what happened to our rubber, cotton, bitumen, cocoa etc.

I believe that for the government to solve the problem of unemployment in the country, they have to sit up.

We don't need to protest before they (the government) realize that they have to include job creation in their manifesto.
Actually, protest may not solve dis problem of unemployment rather it may even lead 2 loss of life & ppties. I think we should pray 4 good governance (leaders) & try what we can do in entrepreneurship in a godly way. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Zenith Vs Access Bank / Zte Nigeria Ltd. Is Giving Free Training In Telecom / Trainee Position From Erecruiter Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.