Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,547 members, 7,827,048 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

NBC Fines Nigeria Info N5 Million Over Mailafia Interview - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NBC Fines Nigeria Info N5 Million Over Mailafia Interview (32700 Views)

FG Fines Channels TV N5 Million Over Interview With Datti Baba-ahmed / NBC Fines Trust TV ₦5 Million Over Documentary About Bandits / NBC To Sanction Nigeria Info Over Mailafia Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NBC Fines Nigeria Info N5 Million Over Mailafia Interview by ThierryJay: 2:01pm On Aug 13, 2020
Inception:
how do we set up the account and notify Nigeria info? I am interested!

It'll be more of a twitter movement that can make it work. Has a wider reach. All it takes is to have a trending hashtag and GoFundMe account.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBC Fines Nigeria Info N5 Million Over Mailafia Interview by Maxymilliano(m): 2:02pm On Aug 13, 2020
Nigeria is fast becoming North Korea where everything is regulated shocked
Re: NBC Fines Nigeria Info N5 Million Over Mailafia Interview by Doyou2019: 2:02pm On Aug 13, 2020
Ballack1:
This should be challenged in court of competent jurisdiction

Under judges who have been bought. No matter what you do in this regime, you can't win.

3 Likes

Re: NBC Fines Nigeria Info N5 Million Over Mailafia Interview by Ginomel(m): 2:03pm On Aug 13, 2020
This fine is completely baseless and laughable. Was Nigeria info in his mind to tell him what to say or not.

The only mistake Nigeria info should have done is not to put a disclaimer dissociating the station from the interviewee opinions.

If I were them, I will sue NBC and argue the case of freedom of speech.

Rubbish.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBC Fines Nigeria Info N5 Million Over Mailafia Interview by zinodizt: 2:03pm On Aug 13, 2020
So u even compare freedom of speech under Jonathan to this government.... angry Spits
tribalmall:

The same Ebele Jonathan that was locking down newspapers

3 Likes

Re: NBC Fines Nigeria Info N5 Million Over Mailafia Interview by Yankee101: 2:03pm On Aug 13, 2020
I think we should crowdsource the 5m for these guys.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBC Fines Nigeria Info N5 Million Over Mailafia Interview by MajohBankz: 2:03pm On Aug 13, 2020
Dickeyrider:
They should fine radio biafra for spreading fake news capable of destabilizing our great nation Nigeria
Dundee and a zombie apologist is what you are. Hope you know where the station is located at so that you can lead the arrest and fine?. Evil maggot. Blind bat.

4 Likes

Re: NBC Fines Nigeria Info N5 Million Over Mailafia Interview by Inception(m): 2:04pm On Aug 13, 2020
I dont have a twitter account, but because of this, i am setting one up right away.

how does one start off the Hashtag?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBC Fines Nigeria Info N5 Million Over Mailafia Interview by Inception(m): 2:04pm On Aug 13, 2020
ThierryJay:

It'll be more of a twitter movement that can make it work. Has a wider reach. All it takes is to have a trending hashtag and GoFundMe account.
I dont have a twitter account, but because of this, i am setting one up right away.

1 Like

Re: NBC Fines Nigeria Info N5 Million Over Mailafia Interview by IFNOTGOD(m): 2:05pm On Aug 13, 2020
JeffreyD1:
Nothing surprises me in this country again

If people can boldly support a court to sentence a young man to death over blasphemy

dat one pain u reach d one a senator from d northern region was caught on camera beating a lady yet d court said case is dismissed for lack of evidence?

omo make nothing surprise or shock u again.

u go just wake one dey see say Dem auction Nigeria for eBay n China Don quickly buy d country.

2 Likes

Re: NBC Fines Nigeria Info N5 Million Over Mailafia Interview by stanisbaratheon: 2:07pm On Aug 13, 2020
I've never seen a politician or minister for that matter with so much hate than Lai Mohammed.
Re: NBC Fines Nigeria Info N5 Million Over Mailafia Interview by Bellotelli: 2:07pm On Aug 13, 2020
Wow.. Nigeria's new source of revenue that would soon surpass oil revenue shocked
Re: NBC Fines Nigeria Info N5 Million Over Mailafia Interview by Royalfurnitures: 2:07pm On Aug 13, 2020
They are afraid the man's interview will expose their secrets so they want to use this fine to intimidate other broadcast stations invade they want to air such interview in future

Your home is incomplete without good quality furniture thats why we are here for you
Re: NBC Fines Nigeria Info N5 Million Over Mailafia Interview by OLORIPAPA: 2:09pm On Aug 13, 2020
Everybody knows that northern governor is Elrufai... quote me any were..

1 Like

Re: NBC Fines Nigeria Info N5 Million Over Mailafia Interview by jadejay: 2:11pm On Aug 13, 2020
ThierryJay:
If 10,000 Nigerians contribute N500 each for Nigeria info to pay up the fine, this would send a message to the broadcasting authorities.

If you know where these 10,000 Nigerians are gathering, please count me in.

4 Likes

Re: NBC Fines Nigeria Info N5 Million Over Mailafia Interview by IFNOTGOD(m): 2:12pm On Aug 13, 2020
OLORIPAPA:
Everybody knows that northern governor is Elrufai... quote me any were..

Dear Oloripapa,

take dis as an invitation for u to appear at d DSS office at ikoyi for a short interview.

time: 12pm
date: July 32
venue: Ikoyi, close to British American Tobacco company.

thank you for ur cooperation.

signed
daura security service
Re: NBC Fines Nigeria Info N5 Million Over Mailafia Interview by seeker121(m): 2:16pm On Aug 13, 2020
This is terrible but the plain truth is that everything will come to an end even this government of callousness.
Re: NBC Fines Nigeria Info N5 Million Over Mailafia Interview by Damoche10: 2:17pm On Aug 13, 2020
why should NBC fine Radio Nigeria for airing the truth? This country is one hell of a jungle. Scores People are dying everyday due to Boko Haram and this insensitive agency and Nigeria govt is claiming they are doing all it takes to shut down these guys.......we keeps hearing decimated , will be brought to book, etc ...with a lot of promises. Kai!!!!! Why not fine the insensitive government?
Re: NBC Fines Nigeria Info N5 Million Over Mailafia Interview by cgoke11(m): 2:18pm On Aug 13, 2020
RAGEofFIRE:
undecided

There's nothing unprofessional about the interview and nothing unverifiable about the claims. Even a simpleton knows that a wealthy northerner is behind the whole fiasco.

How can people be penalised for speaking the truth about these meaningless killings?

One thing is for sure, nothing lasts forever. Someone will bring about the annihilation of those who would stop at nothing to bring pain to others.

RIP Malcolm X.
RIP Sankara.
RIP Kaduna Nzeogwu.

The presidency is aware of all this killing thats why he's always shocked when it happens but when its about to happen he's never aware. This killer have major plans to attack the south soon. Like a baby they were born and they are growing and waxing strong everyday.
Re: NBC Fines Nigeria Info N5 Million Over Mailafia Interview by Chikachiz86: 2:18pm On Aug 13, 2020
I wake up every morning so sad because I found myself in this zoo called Nigeria. The earlier everybody realised that what you called Nigeria will never be better with this present leaders the better for you
Re: NBC Fines Nigeria Info N5 Million Over Mailafia Interview by JeffreyD1(m): 2:21pm On Aug 13, 2020
IFNOTGOD:

dat one pain u reach d one a senator from d northern region was caught on camera beating a lady yet d court said case is dismissed for lack of evidence?

omo make nothing surprise or shock u again.

u go just wake one dey see say Dem auction Nigeria for eBay n China Don quickly buy d country.

My brother I weak
Re: NBC Fines Nigeria Info N5 Million Over Mailafia Interview by ThierryJay: 2:29pm On Aug 13, 2020
Inception:

First, you can search on twitter if there's a similar hashtag already using key words such as Nigeria info, etc and follow such thread

If not, you can create a topic by putting the # in front of the topic and post on twitter or post in an existing twitter thread with many followers.
Re: NBC Fines Nigeria Info N5 Million Over Mailafia Interview by afube: 2:31pm On Aug 13, 2020
SmartProf:
Tyrants hate the truth..If terrorism was hated this way by our leaders, we would have won the war against terror before it started. Shame on you foolish leaders for victimizing patroits, while playing politics with human lives and covering up terrorism & their evil sponsors. Nigerians know ur deceit.

The Fulani tiger that Tinubu helped the Lagos press to "saddle and ride" is about to devour the press and Tinubu "Himself" . angry
Re: NBC Fines Nigeria Info N5 Million Over Mailafia Interview by kolmart: 2:31pm On Aug 13, 2020
You can easily see that this government are silent people to say the truth about happening in Nigeria. I suspect a skeleton in their cupboard.
Re: NBC Fines Nigeria Info N5 Million Over Mailafia Interview by Badonasty(m): 2:33pm On Aug 13, 2020
Lol...and na my best radio station be that

1 Like

Re: NBC Fines Nigeria Info N5 Million Over Mailafia Interview by Farki: 2:34pm On Aug 13, 2020
The government is trying it's best to keep Boko Haram strong and fit.
Re: NBC Fines Nigeria Info N5 Million Over Mailafia Interview by DisLifeSha: 2:34pm On Aug 13, 2020
But this game is affecting the whole nation
Mo3891:
cool

Hell Rufai is scared

A CBN deputy governor has all the information to nail a Boko Haram and bandits finacer

Military Defence Intelligence boss also caught Hell Rufai trying to ship in through MMA weaponised drone and they hurriedly transferred him

Well as a Southerner and a Yoruba man, it is absolutely non of my business what game our Northern neighbours play with their own life

Re: NBC Fines Nigeria Info N5 Million Over Mailafia Interview by Brushstrokes20: 2:34pm On Aug 13, 2020
Spits! The redundant coupist and cohorts are all shades of tyranny!
Useless bunch of power drunk, self serving scumbags!
The shithole is a lost cause.
Re: NBC Fines Nigeria Info N5 Million Over Mailafia Interview by Karlifate: 2:34pm On Aug 13, 2020
Ginomel:
This fine is completely baseless and laughable. Was Nigeria info in his mind to tell him what to say or not.

The only mistake Nigeria info should have done is not to put a disclaimer dissociating the station from the interviewee opinions.

If I were them, I will sue NBC and argue the case of freedom of speech.

Rubbish.
I like your way of reasoning.
Cc: Inception, can you see?
Re: NBC Fines Nigeria Info N5 Million Over Mailafia Interview by Blitzerz: 2:35pm On Aug 13, 2020
It's time for the whole nation to unite and fight this tyranny.
Re: NBC Fines Nigeria Info N5 Million Over Mailafia Interview by EzzyCarter: 2:37pm On Aug 13, 2020
Denique:

I once heard, the country was banished from The World Map as a result of Corruption and Lack of Freedom of Speech.

What a country?!

My dear, Nigeria has never had it this worse...

On a lighter note , Adenike, whad'ya say we elope to Paris once this Covid-19 ishh is over ? cheesy wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Melaye, Ortom Clash At PDP Meeting Over Ex-Gov's Support For Tinubu (Video) / PHOTO: Ben Murray-bruce As An 18 Year Old / EFCC And ICPC Stripped Of Powers To Seize Assets In Corruption Cases

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.