Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,361 members, 7,812,024 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:32 AM

Realities Of Nigeria’s Diminishing Relevance To U.S., Africa By Princeton Lyman - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Realities Of Nigeria’s Diminishing Relevance To U.S., Africa By Princeton Lyman (16357 Views)

Reflections On Princeton Lyman’s View On Nigeria’s Growing Irrelevance / Why Nigeria Cannot Afford A Stand-Off With South Africa By Kakanda (Al-jazeera) / Princeton Lyman, The Former U.S. Amb To Nigeria On The Irrelevance Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Realities Of Nigeria’s Diminishing Relevance To U.S., Africa By Princeton Lyman by sulaak(m): 8:38pm On Aug 15, 2020
Farki:

It's not that simple, the military and Co will have no qualms in killing as many civilians as they can in order to maintain the status quo.

We might not see a change unless you are ready to fight the government or the military and Co decide to rebel from within.

Although I doubt that would happen soon because Nigerians love to sing "one day e go better" and be praying for a somewhat better future or to enjoy in the afterlife.

They are already killing Nigerians with the insecurity, corruption and extreme poverty. Whether we like it or not Nigerians must now take control of situation by protesting, they can't kill 200 million Nigerians and the military rank and files are also fed up with the elites.

Nigerians must strike now before its too late and the country mortgage off to well organised Chinese and Indian then it will be impossible to free Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Realities Of Nigeria’s Diminishing Relevance To U.S., Africa By Princeton Lyman by Litmus: 8:45pm On Aug 15, 2020
As our representative from the parliament talked about, there is a great history of those contributions. But that is history.Is Nigeria really playing a major role today in the crisis in Niger on its border, or in Guinea, or in Darfur, or after many, many promises making any contributions to Somalia? The answer is no. Nigeria is today NOT making a major impact, on its region, or on the African Union or on the big problems of Africa that it was making before. Now, of course, on the negative side, the collapse of Nigeria would be enormous, but is that a point to make Nigeria strategically important?

In distilling the article to the part quoted above, I first looked at the tile: Realities Of Nigeria’s Diminishing Relevance To U.S., Africa By Princeton Lyman by Abiodunspectre

Next, I asked myself the following: Actually, of what relevance was Nigeria to the world and Africa before and what has since changed. The abridged, brutal, answer is the following: Before, Nigeria served the world as a marketplace for foreign goods and to America, specifically, Nigeria served as an oil reserve. Now, Nigeria is beginning to look inward and beginning to priorities Nigerians over Africa.

Below is the brief outline of the before and now:

Before When not providing an oil safety net for America and the West, Nigerians were prioritizing Western goods and services without competition and prioritizing Western entertainment and fashion. In Africa, Nigeria naively believed she was doing the bidding of West and hoped to reap the reward as freinds of the West. Our actions were misguided. I say misguide and naïve because Nigeria did not understand the Western World’s duplicators nature. Nigeria fell for the West’s overt pronouncements and attitudes of apparent concern for African suffering masses, their wish to see democracy established throughout the continent and drive to prevent the collapse of the relevant African states in order to mitigate that covered in the preceding sentences. In reality, however the West lead by America was unconcerned about Africa except in terms or resources and idological Cold-war leanings (Cold war battles in Africa were about spheres of influence that had resources implications.). In anycase, their real intentions and motives were how best to reap the benefits of destabilization in Africa and prevent other competing world powers from reaping same. Therefore, by misreading, the real intent of the West, Nigeria made interventions that at best embarrassed America and her western partners and would lead to the destabilization attempt now on Nigeria.

Now, Nigeria is more willing to close border; more critical of Africa Union; lukewarm to ECOWAS (not lukewarm enough for me ) disapproving of French proposed West Africa Currency pegged to the French franc; not so keen to play leading roles in places like Mali and Cameroon; suspicious of her coalition collaborates in the fight against terrorism; more willing to collaborate with nations like China and Russia etc, etc

One of Nigeria’s chief flaws is an inability to understand duplicity except within Nigeria internal politics. Nigerian leaders and people suffer this same fate. An example of this resides right here in the article posted, which is a duplicators attempt at goading Nigerians into committing more fully to a big brother role in Africa from which the author fears Nigeria is moving away.

2 Likes

Re: Realities Of Nigeria’s Diminishing Relevance To U.S., Africa By Princeton Lyman by kushme: 8:47pm On Aug 15, 2020
brightdestiny96:

The covert and overt plan of action is to elevate 4% of the population into almost godlike power and opulence while the 96% wallow in enforced penury.
They fail to understand that the fate of the 96% will be used to characterize the nation, and you cannot build walls high enough to keep the disenfranchised away from their country, even if you feel you and your preferred elements are not on the same level of humanity as they.

Nice one.
Re: Realities Of Nigeria’s Diminishing Relevance To U.S., Africa By Princeton Lyman by orisa37: 8:48pm On Aug 15, 2020
THE 36 CONSTITUTIONAL STATE GOVERNMENTS ARE JUST FOLLOWING THE CENTRAL GOVERNMENT SHEEPISHLY LIKE DUNDEE UNITED.
Re: Realities Of Nigeria’s Diminishing Relevance To U.S., Africa By Princeton Lyman by orisa37: 8:52pm On Aug 15, 2020
THE 36 CONSTITUTIONAL STATE GOVERNMENTS ARE JUST FOLLOWING THE CENTRAL GOVERNMENT SHEEPISHLY LIKE DUNDEE UNITED. AND THE F.G IS FAST LIQUIDATING THEM TO CHINA AND TO THE ARABS.
Re: Realities Of Nigeria’s Diminishing Relevance To U.S., Africa By Princeton Lyman by themanderon: 8:55pm On Aug 15, 2020
Our leaders are too busy plotting their next loot to care about all these grammar. Nigeria can collapse for all they care.

1 Like

Re: Realities Of Nigeria’s Diminishing Relevance To U.S., Africa By Princeton Lyman by Ihatemumu: 8:59pm On Aug 15, 2020
Jeffyblaq:

You guys keep bragging bout population...

Tell me what way in which this mammoth of populations we got has helped us...

Like those with mushroom population aren't doin wonders?

C'mon, I still don't get it really buddy.

Ignore the dude. Population with high amount of Poverty and he cannot read the writings on the wall

1 Like

Re: Realities Of Nigeria’s Diminishing Relevance To U.S., Africa By Princeton Lyman by ensamy(m): 9:02pm On Aug 15, 2020
The funniest thing is that the APC yeye government is still campaigning to win another elections oo shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked as we are at Nigeria's funeral service.

1 Like

Re: Realities Of Nigeria’s Diminishing Relevance To U.S., Africa By Princeton Lyman by AristocraticMe: 9:04pm On Aug 15, 2020
favor914:
Nigeria a mockery? Only poor people say that, You are very ignorant, do you know what it is to have 200 million people in a region, Nigeria’s Population makes over half of West Africa, Obama chose to go to Ghana good luck to him, Lagos Economy alone, & GDP is bigger than Ghana’s.
and Nigerians keep running to Ghana..... population does not have anything to do with development or developing... Nigeria is retrogressing and nobody is seeing it..... in this time in Nigeris there is no constant power, no clean water, commissioners and governorship aspirant is still going to commission a borehole.... Open your eyes.... look at the population of Nigeria is growing without control.... religion and corruption wont allow the right things to be done
Re: Realities Of Nigeria’s Diminishing Relevance To U.S., Africa By Princeton Lyman by Witnesstony28: 9:17pm On Aug 15, 2020
Olominira:
So because Obama visited Ghana, that has made Ghana more influential than Nigeria? Nonsense!

Even though Nigeria is currently at the bottom of all times, no Africa country is more influential. From our entertainment, positions at UN, IT experts, medical etc no other African nation can match that output.

Nigeria influence is growing and tends to challenge superpowers in the future, the reason why western media even those from Asia are not reporting anything good about the nation. We don't care about Obama and whatever he represents.

This person should focus on the biggest truth, it's USA that loosing her influence so fast not Nigeria

Self Delusion in writing
Re: Realities Of Nigeria’s Diminishing Relevance To U.S., Africa By Princeton Lyman by Nobody: 9:35pm On Aug 15, 2020
Thank you Mr for this piece.

I'm going to be bookmarking this.

Nigeria has lost all relevance.

A peaceful break up is what is logically expected now.

Just look at how the politicians are totally unaware that they and their useless country are about to lose all relevance.

1 Like

Re: Realities Of Nigeria’s Diminishing Relevance To U.S., Africa By Princeton Lyman by ORIJIN201(m): 9:44pm On Aug 15, 2020
FA13:

Really your medical! Either you dont know what you are saying or just joking.

Nigerians now go to Benin for studies not not talk of thousands in Ghana and co.

However you are right with entertainment because that is what we are good at and this your post is one of purest form of entertainment.
I read the post half way and stopped. You including most comments shows many Nigerians suffer from lack of comprehension. The article is just about how Nigeria has become useless to America as a tool. America and other developed nations do not mean well for developing nations. Look at how France is holding french speaking African countries to ransom. America has lost all its relevance in Africa to China. It was easy for America to arm-twist Nigeria to get her desired result in Africa, but now, they've lost that relevance. China is here with the buck.

Look, my post does not ignore the fact that Nigeria has become useless, but no African country can pull much weight compared to Nigeria. Not even Ghana. What I've witnessed with this govt is that, they seem to not care about foreign relationship. That's why everyone is doing anyhow, especially Western media. All they do is paint Nigeria black. There are Nigerians doing well outside the shores but they don't get to be talked about.

This is a case of being kicked while you are down.

And, for the love of God, Nigerians on NL can be very stupid. All y'all do is complain and talk down on Nigeria like you got anywhere else to call your home. If you don't like the way the country is, demand for a better Nigeria or shut up, because that's how developed nations became developed. All y'all do is wail and complai,n but we can be very evil with terrible attitude.

What's the difference between Nigeria and your house? If you see things going bad in your house, do you just wail till the problem is magically solved or you roll up your sleeves and take matters into your own hands? So y'all just shut up.

2 Likes

Re: Realities Of Nigeria’s Diminishing Relevance To U.S., Africa By Princeton Lyman by Sunnyja: 9:46pm On Aug 15, 2020
Olominira:
So because Obama visited Ghana, that has made Ghana more influential than Nigeria? Nonsense!

Even though Nigeria is currently at the bottom of all times, no Africa country is more influential. From our entertainment, positions at UN, IT experts, medical etc no other African nation can match that output.

Nigeria influence is growing and tends to challenge superpowers in the future, the reason why western media even those from Asia are not reporting anything good about the nation. We don't care about Obama and whatever he represents.

This person should focus on the biggest truth, it's USA that loosing her influence so fast not Nigeria
Stop deceiving yourself. What do you mean by "no African country is more influential than Nigeria"? This is akin to comparing a giant snail to a tortoise.
Re: Realities Of Nigeria’s Diminishing Relevance To U.S., Africa By Princeton Lyman by dives(m): 9:49pm On Aug 15, 2020
Thank you for your views. I agree with you. While the Iranians, Chinese and Indians are making waves in America like you said, Nigerians are doing extremely well and are still the most educated group if I am correct. I think I am, I still confirmed it recently. Yes Nigeria has its challenges but we are making progress day by day. Don't believe everything you see in the media. The media is always biased just like the man that was being interviwed. That was why I mentioned how Nigerians are doing very well in the US but the US would make you believe all Nigerians are scammers. Yes Nigeria still has a lot to put in place but trust me we are not doing so so badly. Before, we solely relied on imported rice, now we can boast of local rice in the market. Thanks to GEJ's policies in Agriculture and PMB's will to follow through. Our rail systems are gradually seeing the light of day. When they are finally up, this will improve commute between rural and urban areas and help sectors like the mining and agricultural sectors and directly or indirectly attract investors and create more jobs. Dangote is building a refinery, this will save Nigeria billions in fuel subsidy money which we can channel into infrastructure provided our leaders do not squander it. We have started expanding our reach in gas to help generate and power industries. Apart from powering industries, we now also have more people utilizing gas in their homes, and this is cheaper than kerosene. We are moving very very slowly but we are at least moving. Even countries like UK slipped into recession during this pamdemic, people have lost their jobs in America and America has incured huge debts. Every economy has been badly affected. Before the pandemic there were homeless and poor Americans who could not afford education and basic health care and there will still be after the pandemic. These countries do not have a perfect system but they come around pointing out your flaws like they want to help but really they are just looking for what to gain and how to sell their brand. For Instance America would have sold weapons to Jonathan, to fight terrrorism but they did not, because GEJ favoured Chinese businesses over American businesses. French colonies still use the franc till date and everything they make is remitted to France for "safe keep". Have you also ever wondered why a commodity like oil which America imports is sold in USD? Do you know what you are doing to the USD by doing that? You are making it stronger. Which football league is the most watched in Nigeria? The ENGLISH premier league. Do we have local leagues or we don't? These Countries are only selling their interests when they come to you with their so called "help". They are masters in the art of brainwshing, bullying and waring and they are not as sincere as they portray themselves. Yes Nigeria still has a lot to do, there is poverty, our education system is poor, and our people are very corrupt. That's obvious. But we can choose whoever we want, to seek our help from. China has been very helpful and that is the reason why America is so embittered. The Countries you also compare us with have been thriving for centuries. One day we will also get there if we all love our Country, and fight for her interests like they also love theirs. A country like Germany built its economy from the scratch despite WW. Hiw did they do it? China was once a poor country. we can also do it we channel the energy we use to castigate Nigeria into making it work. Nobody will develop our Country but we. And the first step towards that is by thinking positive about her.
sulaak:

Nigerians are not the only educated immigrants in USA. The Iranian, Indian and Chinese are not only educated, they are major players in Silicon Valley and Wall Street.

Abundant resources that are being depleted by Chinese and Europeans. Nigeria, after 60ys of self-rule cannot extract or refine the oil that their country depend on, despite the president being the minister of petroleum.

1 Like

Re: Realities Of Nigeria’s Diminishing Relevance To U.S., Africa By Princeton Lyman by eagleu: 9:54pm On Aug 15, 2020
OruExpress:
Lets not forget the US's influence in diminishing as well.

What's US interest in making us great is a better question.
Re: Realities Of Nigeria’s Diminishing Relevance To U.S., Africa By Princeton Lyman by itoba4real(m): 9:54pm On Aug 15, 2020
favor914:
Nigeria a mockery? Only poor people say that, You are very ignorant, do you know what it is to have 200 million people in a region, Nigeria’s Population makes over half of West Africa, Obama chose to go to Ghana good luck to him, Lagos Economy alone, & GDP is bigger than Ghana’s.
We have gone back a thousand step.claiming local champion.
Re: Realities Of Nigeria’s Diminishing Relevance To U.S., Africa By Princeton Lyman by PlayerMeji: 9:59pm On Aug 15, 2020
Gerrard, UK and USA hold so much power on our economy than any other country in the world. It's the same power they wield that took out Jonathan by withdrawing all forms of support from his government.

Gerrard59:

And if they change to the UAE like they are doing, the US and UK should stop the Emiratis from providing succor to Nigerian politicians? When has the responsibility of holding Country A's politicians become that of Country's B rather than Country's A citizens?

When Nigerians learn to understand that ethnic bigotry and religious chauvinism won't take the country anywhere, then maybe she will become somewhat relevant.
Re: Realities Of Nigeria’s Diminishing Relevance To U.S., Africa By Princeton Lyman by babajero(m): 10:09pm On Aug 15, 2020
favor914:
Don't deceive yourself, it is not about 200 million people, it is how productive the 200 million people are. though Lagos have big economy but it's a cesspit run by corruption.
Re: Realities Of Nigeria’s Diminishing Relevance To U.S., Africa By Princeton Lyman by sulaak(m): 10:16pm On Aug 15, 2020
dives:
Thank you for your views. I agree with you. While the Iranians, Chinese and Indians are making waves in America like you said, Nigerians are doing extremely well and are still the most educated group if I am correct. I think I am, I still confirmed it recently. Yes Nigeria has its challenges but we are making progress day by day. Don't believe everything you see in the media. The media is always biased just like the man that was being interviwed. That was why I mentioned how Nigerians are doing very well in the US but the US would make you believe all Njgerians are scammers. Yes Nigeria still has a lot to put in place but trust me we are not doing badly. UK slipped into recession during this pamdemic, people have lost their jobs in America. Before the pandemic there were homeless and poor Americans who could not afford education and basic health care and there will still be after the pandemic. These countries do not have a perfect system but they come around pointing out your flaws like they want to help but really they are just looking for what to gain and how to sell their brand. For Instance America would have sold weapons to Jonathan, to fight terrrorism but they did not, because GEJ favoured Chinese businesses over American businesses. French colonies still use the franc till date and everything they make is remitted to France for "safe keep". Have you also ever wondered why a commodity like oil which America imports is sold in USD? Do you know what you are doing to the USD by doing that? You are making it stronger. Which football league is the most watched in Nigeria? The ENGLISH premier league. Do we have local leagues or we don't? These Countries are only selling their interests when they come to you with their so called "help". They are masters in the art of brainwshing, bullying and waring and they are not as sincere as they portray themselves. Yes Nigeria still has a lot to do, there is poverty, our education system is poor, and our people are very corrupt. That's obvious. But we can choose whoever we want, to seek our help from. China has been very helpful and that is the reason why America is so embittered. The Countries you also compare us with have been thriving for centuries. One day we will also get there if we all love our Country, and fight for her interests like they also love theirs.

You said

Yes Nigeria has its challenges but we are making progress day by day.
Nigeria is not dealing with it's challenges, they haven't even started, the lack of basic infrastructures, Rail, roads , water systems , electricity and security is an indication that the country cannot diversify the economic.

Don't believe everything you see in the media

I don't need the the media to inform me that Nigeria a country of 200 million can only transmit 5000 MW and distribute 3000MW , the reason why many investors are closing up and relocating their industries. The fall in the Naira doesn't help investors, talkless the ongoing insecurity, corruption and lack of economic strategy.

Unlike you, I less concerned with America or China and will rather focus on Nigeria inability to implement an electrictity generation strategy that will generate 80- 100,000 MW . Iran and Vietnam despite USA sanctions and aggression have both managed to improve their electricity capacity to 80K and 70K MW respectively.

You said..
Yes Nigeria still has a lot to put in place but trust me we are not doing badly. UK slipped into recession during this pamdemic, people have lost their jobs in America

You must be living in a cave to write the above, comparing Nigeria that is in its second recession in five years with USA and UK.

1 Like

Re: Realities Of Nigeria’s Diminishing Relevance To U.S., Africa By Princeton Lyman by Litmus: 10:17pm On Aug 15, 2020
In this era of supposed Nigeria’s diminution in Africa and Ghana’s rise, one wonders how, for instance, a foreign company planning to set up in Ghana would proceed if assured the Nigeria government would sanction or heavily levy their produce?
Re: Realities Of Nigeria’s Diminishing Relevance To U.S., Africa By Princeton Lyman by SonOfALion: 10:25pm On Aug 15, 2020
May God deliver us from this type of chronic dimwittedness.
The writer of the article clearly stated that size of population is irrelevant when it comes to ranking a nation's significance on the global stage, and that Nigeria's size will not matter without any achieving real development goals.
The guy should have added the stupidity of the average Nigerian as a factor for the countries lack of progress.

favor914:

1 Like

Re: Realities Of Nigeria’s Diminishing Relevance To U.S., Africa By Princeton Lyman by dives(m): 10:31pm On Aug 15, 2020
We are developing our rail systems. If i recall, one was recently name named after GEJ. There is Ibadan-Kano, Lagos-Ibadan and others under construction. Our roads are being constructed by the minute. Fashola and Amaechi have been working tirelessly in these regard. Various structures are also being put in place to develop our gas which would help boost electricity generation. You can check out NLNG train 7 project. There are projects going on in Nigeria. We have only chosen not to see them. And about our recession, we slipped into recession because we rely solely on oil and oil prices have been very volatile in recent years so it is only expected. When we were meant to save for rainy day, we did not. And that is why the govt is making conscious efforts to diversify the economy.

sulaak:

You said

Nigeria is not dealing with it's challenges, they haven't even started, the lack of basic infrastructures, Rail, roads , water systems , electricity and security is an indication that the country cannot diversify the economic.

I don't need the the media to inform me that Nigeria a country of 200 million can only transmit 5000 MW and distribute 3000MW , the reason why many investors are closing up and relocating their industries. The fall in the Naira doesn't help investors, talkless the ongoing insecurity, corruption and lack of economic strategy.

Unlike you, I less concerned with America or China and will rather focus on Nigeria inability to implement an electrictity generation strategy that will generate 80- 100,000 MW . Iran and Vietnam despite USA sanctions and aggression have both managed to improve their electricity capacity to 80K and 70K MW respectively.

You said..

You must be living in a cave to write the above, comparing Nigeria that is in its second recession in five years with USA and UK.
Re: Realities Of Nigeria’s Diminishing Relevance To U.S., Africa By Princeton Lyman by InvertedHammer: 11:11pm On Aug 15, 2020
favor914:
/
Like they say, " it is the quality not the quantity"

That's why one house in Banana island is worth more than 20 in Ikotun and a small nation like Israel is a world superpower while Nigeria is the poverty capital of the world. It is about "productive" population not just breeding like rabbits.

Nigeria is big for nothing. Most people realize it as soon as they venture outside Africa. Like Onowu said, "Don't ever debate about quality of life with a Nigerian living in Nigeria because even in centuries to come, he can never understand the deprivation"
/

1 Like

Re: Realities Of Nigeria’s Diminishing Relevance To U.S., Africa By Princeton Lyman by COMPAQ(m): 11:29pm On Aug 15, 2020
favor914:

This is exactly the shallow, arrogant thinking that the article is talking about!!

We spent billions of dollars on ECOMOG in the 80's and 90's, while our education, helathcare, infrastructure and economy languished. What strategic importance did we get from it. Do we have Nigerian companies dominating in Liberia and Sierra Leone and repatriating dollars back home the way American companies do in Middle East?

We call ourselves giant of Africa and all that yet we are now being bullied by Ghana. When last did Nigeria stamp its feet down in Africa on any issue?

We call ourselves oil giant, but because everybody is finding new oil, we are now irrelevant to US and UK. Besides Angola is nipping at our heels to become Africa's largest producer and Mozambique and Tanzania have found huge gas and will soon have LNG plants to rival NLNG, meanwhile we never accelerated other LNG projects to corner the market when we could have.

We have 200m people, majority of whom are illiterate, have extremely low purchasing power and are not adding to a modern economy.

Lest you forget, Nigeria is the poverty capital of the world. Nigeria has more people in abject poverty than India, yet India has 5TIMES our population. Does that add up?

You should be very worried about the future of this country.

3 Likes

Re: Realities Of Nigeria’s Diminishing Relevance To U.S., Africa By Princeton Lyman by COMPAQ(m): 11:47pm On Aug 15, 2020
dives:
We are developing our rail systems. If i recall, one was recently name named after GEJ. There is Ibadan-Kano, Lagos-Ibadan and others under construction. Our roads are being constructed by the minute. Fashola and Amaechi have been working tirelessly in these regard. Various structures are also being put in place to develop our gas which would help boost electricity generation. You can check out NLNG train 7 project. There are projects going on in Nigeria. We have only chosen not to see them. And about our recession, we slipped into recession because we rely solely on oil and oil prices have been very volatile in recent years so it is only expected. When we were meant to save for rainy day, we did not. And that is why the govt is making conscious efforts to diversify the economy.

And are roads, bridges and railways thjngs we should just be doing in 2020?? Which effort to diversify which econony? Name one specific thing Buhari has done since 2015 that will deliver even 5% of what we currently make from oil as a means of diversification?

Crude prices crashed in 2015, and we spoke about diversification. Crude prices crashed again in 2020 and Nigeria was actually WORSE prepared than before!! Does that make any sense!? What were we doing since 2015? Exchange rate was $199 when Buhari took over, its now $470!! We've lost N270 in 5 years! More than we lost in 35years from 1980!!

And the Buhari we thought was not corrupt, see what is going on in his government as per NDDC and stuff as well as Oyo Ita.

Buhari is the most useless president we've ever had. Someone who had so much public support in 2015 and yet has bungled every thing up.

Nigerians will be mad to vote APC in 2023. The biggest mistake PDP made in 2019 was fielding Atiku who was tainted from Obasanjo tenure. But even at that i doubt Atiku could have been as bad as Buhari.I hope they won't make the same mistake in 2023. Even though APC and PDP are nor far from one another, we at least need to make the point that bad leadership will be punished.

Nigera needs a youngish, sharp minded, energetic President. Someone who understands basic economics, entrepreneurship, international relations, industry etc. Someone who has emotional intelligence. Someone who has specific ideas about what needs to be done, not high level stuff like we need to diversify, develop agriculture etc. HOW EXACTLY DO WE DO THESE THINGS. We need a President that will inspire us and get us believing again, cos very few people believe in nigeria at the moment, both within and outside Nigeria. Maybe a Peter Obi or Donald Duke can do that job.
Re: Realities Of Nigeria’s Diminishing Relevance To U.S., Africa By Princeton Lyman by djon78(m): 12:07am On Aug 16, 2020
Patrioticman007:

Its pertinent to note that you are part of the problems of Nigeria.

"The present leadership worsened it
Nigeria has never been divided like it is now.
No sense of patriotism".
Tell us more about the Biafra civil war, with its love.

Nigeria is not the only country that fought civil war, many countries in Africa and around the world fought wars

Liberia, Rwanda Sierra Leone, all had bloody Civil Wars but they are better nations today.
Vietnam fought a bloody civil war but they are moving in leaps and bounds today

Germany, Japan caused second World War that took tens of millions of lives, but today these countries are at the forefront of cutting edge technological and economical advancement. One of the best nations to live on earth today

War was never Nigerias problem
Nigerias problem is simply clueless, directionless, ineptitude, no vision government and leadership.

Like I said
The nation should keep on living like an ostrich with his head in the sand
While population is bursting to the seams and there are no tangible workable plans to drive sustainable development

We can't keep on telling ourselves lies
We must look for the dark goat today there is still daylight to see.
Transformational, Inspirational leadership is what this nation seriously needs.

If you fail to plan
You have planned to fail
Simple

2 Likes

Re: Realities Of Nigeria’s Diminishing Relevance To U.S., Africa By Princeton Lyman by OruExpress: 12:28am On Aug 16, 2020
eagleu:

What's US interest in making us great is a better question.

lol now we're asking the right questions. They want to us us to control other west africans
Re: Realities Of Nigeria’s Diminishing Relevance To U.S., Africa By Princeton Lyman by Awaoyelmoni(m): 1:46am On Aug 16, 2020
This article seems to be saying yes Nigeria has unarguably always been important owing to its oil production, Dense population, peace keeping operations overseas and c, but that's becoming stale now serve up something new or else the country will soon be known to be important but for nothing..
Re: Realities Of Nigeria’s Diminishing Relevance To U.S., Africa By Princeton Lyman by Nobody: 3:33am On Aug 16, 2020
favor914:
delusion of self grandeur

Re: Realities Of Nigeria’s Diminishing Relevance To U.S., Africa By Princeton Lyman by redsun(m): 4:46am On Aug 16, 2020
There are some fundamental and strategic decisions that Buhari have taken that automatically labels him a threat and vicious enemy of capitalism and the so-called free trade, eg, the banning of the importation of rice. It is a bold and liberating move that doesn't go down well with the slave masters strategies.

We need to grow.
Re: Realities Of Nigeria’s Diminishing Relevance To U.S., Africa By Princeton Lyman by Nobody: 5:29am On Aug 16, 2020
favor914:

You are an illiterate

Now I see how Nigeria is doomed with people like you.

Population is what makes you great ? grin

Your stupidity knows no bounds so I won't bother even trying to correct your inane mentality because it will be a waste if my precious time
Re: Realities Of Nigeria’s Diminishing Relevance To U.S., Africa By Princeton Lyman by Nobody: 5:29am On Aug 16, 2020
CelestineNelson:
So what is important now is to stay relevant at the face of United States of America...Isn't that a savitude mentality after gaining our independence...why not Try to be where USA is?

Was this all you got from the article ?

You must be a dunce

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Insecurity: North Under Siege, Elders Cry Out / PDP Crisis Takes New Twist With Secondus Suspension / Shekarau Dumps NNPP, May Return To APC Soon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.