Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,315 members, 7,811,937 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:09 AM

Realities Of Nigeria’s Diminishing Relevance To U.S., Africa By Princeton Lyman - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Realities Of Nigeria’s Diminishing Relevance To U.S., Africa By Princeton Lyman (16351 Views)

Reflections On Princeton Lyman’s View On Nigeria’s Growing Irrelevance / Why Nigeria Cannot Afford A Stand-Off With South Africa By Kakanda (Al-jazeera) / Princeton Lyman, The Former U.S. Amb To Nigeria On The Irrelevance Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Realities Of Nigeria’s Diminishing Relevance To U.S., Africa By Princeton Lyman by Parisian: 6:08am On Aug 16, 2020
If the UK and US stop Nigerian politicians from doing that, they will simply find another country to do that.

US and UK are not the reason Nigerian and Nigerian politicians are bad.
PlayerMeji:
When UK and America stop our leaders from finding succor in foreign lands and make theiving politicians to not feel at home in foreign lands , only then would we have development in this country.
Re: Realities Of Nigeria’s Diminishing Relevance To U.S., Africa By Princeton Lyman by Uchek(m): 6:19am On Aug 16, 2020
They will not listen.

Osobi32:
pls help us tell them if they will listen...... Nigeria has become a mockry in the world.
Re: Realities Of Nigeria’s Diminishing Relevance To U.S., Africa By Princeton Lyman by Uchek(m): 6:20am On Aug 16, 2020
How did you arrive at the 200 million? You response shows JennIfer's is populated by dullards.

favor914:
Nigeria a mockery? Only poor people say that, You are very ignorant, do you know what it is to have 200 million people in a region, Nigeria’s Population makes over half of West Africa, Obama chose to go to Ghana good luck to him, Lagos Economy alone, & GDP is bigger than Ghana’s.
Re: Realities Of Nigeria’s Diminishing Relevance To U.S., Africa By Princeton Lyman by Uchek(m): 6:22am On Aug 16, 2020
Which IT experts or medical experts?Where are they?

Olominira:
So because Obama visited Ghana, that has made Ghana more influential than Nigeria? Nonsense!

Even though Nigeria is currently at the bottom of all
times, no Africa country is more influential. From our entertainment, positions at UN, IT experts, medical etc no other African nation can match that output.

Nigeria influence is growing and tends to challenge superpowers in the future, the reason why western media even those from Asia are not reporting anything good about the nation. We don't care about Obama and whatever he represents.

This person should focus on the biggest truth, it's USA that loosing her influence so fast not Nigeria
Re: Realities Of Nigeria’s Diminishing Relevance To U.S., Africa By Princeton Lyman by Uchek(m): 6:24am On Aug 16, 2020
200 million? Oga na fake figure.

brightdestiny96:

200 million unharnessed, disempowered, disunited, misruled, oppressed people? Colonized from within, polarized by militant religion, plagued by rulers beating the drums of war and unconcernedly picking their teeth while violent and merciless marauders spill blood like water, with vanishing annual budgets and spiralling debt profiles? Did I forget a vocal band of praise singers who are paid peanuts?

Let's tell ourselves the truth before it's too late.
Re: Realities Of Nigeria’s Diminishing Relevance To U.S., Africa By Princeton Lyman by Coldfeets: 6:29am On Aug 16, 2020
Osobi32:
pls help us tell them if they will listen...... Nigeria has become a mockry in the world.

Your poor spelling is a great mockery to your parents and all your English teachers.
Re: Realities Of Nigeria’s Diminishing Relevance To U.S., Africa By Princeton Lyman by Moneyboyz: 7:02am On Aug 16, 2020
freshkpomo:
Verdict: Slaughter all our leaders and ban their generation from government...

A united youth is an unstoppable force

#NYM

Nigerians are suffering and smiling

You made very good points but made a very bad reference with the picture you uploaded.

You all support political parties like it's a football club, APC or PDP it's still the same rotten eggs, one governor even defect to the opposing party and paid dearly just to get a governorship ticket, that should tell you something, the sooner you realize this the better your state progresses.
Stop campaigning for political parties but campaign for a honest man from anywhere.

1 Like

Re: Realities Of Nigeria’s Diminishing Relevance To U.S., Africa By Princeton Lyman by Osobi32(m): 7:06am On Aug 16, 2020
Coldfeets:

Your poor spelling is a great mockery to your parents and all your English teachers.
At least u got the message, common sense should have told u it was a simple error..... perfectionist.
Re: Realities Of Nigeria’s Diminishing Relevance To U.S., Africa By Princeton Lyman by Nobody: 7:10am On Aug 16, 2020
Olominira:
So because Obama visited Ghana, that has made Ghana more influential than Nigeria? Nonsense!

Even though Nigeria is currently at the bottom of all times, no Africa country is more influential. From our entertainment, positions at UN, IT experts, medical etc no other African nation can match that output.

Nigeria influence is growing and tends to challenge superpowers in the future, the reason why western media even those from Asia are not reporting anything good about the nation. We don't care about Obama and whatever he represents.

This person should focus on the biggest truth, it's USA that loosing her influence so fast not Nigeria

Good point. I totally agree with u!!!

1 Like

Re: Realities Of Nigeria’s Diminishing Relevance To U.S., Africa By Princeton Lyman by Coldfeets: 7:10am On Aug 16, 2020
Osobi32:
At least u got the message, common sense should have told u it was a simple error..... perfectionist.

The only message I got was that you are so lazy when it comes to spelling.

How about that? undecided
Re: Realities Of Nigeria’s Diminishing Relevance To U.S., Africa By Princeton Lyman by itu404(m): 7:48am On Aug 16, 2020
Just yesterday, the US lost out in a bid to extend the embargo placed on Iran; no one wants to go with them at the UN. Did anyone noticed he, Princeton, wrote this piece a long time ago? I think now if he has a way he will reverse it and give it to his country.
Re: Realities Of Nigeria’s Diminishing Relevance To U.S., Africa By Princeton Lyman by PlayerMeji: 7:50am On Aug 16, 2020
If you know how immense the hands of these countries are deeply entrenched in our economy, you will understand my angle.

They speak from both sides of their mouth... They will act as if they are entirely against corruption yet they will provide havens for our corrupt rulers to hide their looted funds.

Parisian:
If the UK and US stop Nigerian politicians from doing that, they will simply find another country to do that.

US and UK are not the reason Nigerian and Nigerian politicians are bad.
Re: Realities Of Nigeria’s Diminishing Relevance To U.S., Africa By Princeton Lyman by cardoctor(m): 7:52am On Aug 16, 2020
As if they know anything about Nigeria.
Re: Realities Of Nigeria’s Diminishing Relevance To U.S., Africa By Princeton Lyman by Osobi32(m): 8:18am On Aug 16, 2020
Coldfeets:

The only message I got was that you are so lazy when it comes to spelling.

How about that? undecided
responding to u over a common error makes no sense, coz i know outside social media i am way above ur level. i guess u are still job hunting or managing a 70k job right. i would have insulted ur parent but am sure they will be very disappointed if they saw u typing that rubbish. low life
Re: Realities Of Nigeria’s Diminishing Relevance To U.S., Africa By Princeton Lyman by Coldfeets: 9:12am On Aug 16, 2020
Osobi32:
responding to u over a common error makes no sense, coz i know outside social media i am way above ur level. i guess u are still job hunting or managing a 70k job right. i would have insulted ur parent but am sure they will be very disappointed if they saw u typing that rubbish. low life

Pride goeth before a fall.

A sensible human would have just laughed over it and thanked me for pointing out that simple mistake.

A useless pride goat will keep on moaning about it and trying to remind me that he is way way above me in every social strata anyone can think of which is totally uncalled for.

And by the way, what exactly is wrong with managing a 70K job?

Sometimes you need to learn to think very well before you say anything.

So as to avoid coming out looking so stupid like you've just confirmed.
Re: Realities Of Nigeria’s Diminishing Relevance To U.S., Africa By Princeton Lyman by Coronavirus2: 10:06am On Aug 16, 2020
favor914:
Nigeria a mockery? Only poor people say that, You are very ignorant, do you know what it is to have 200 million people in a region, Nigeria’s Population makes over half of West Africa, Obama chose to go to Ghana good luck to him, Lagos Economy alone, & GDP is bigger than Ghana’s.
talking of population, what about countries like China, USA, Russia Etc that are far more populated than Nigeria, does it stop the countries from having massive infrastructural development and stable economy?
Re: Realities Of Nigeria’s Diminishing Relevance To U.S., Africa By Princeton Lyman by Bambambiglo: 10:20am On Aug 16, 2020
favor914:

This comment is so foolish and annoying. I feel like giving you a big knock on ya head. Abeg carry your bress commot for here angry

1 Like

Re: Realities Of Nigeria’s Diminishing Relevance To U.S., Africa By Princeton Lyman by Olominira(m): 10:25am On Aug 16, 2020
Uchek:
Which IT experts or medical experts?Where are they?
If you don't know that over 40percent of tech receiving funding from outside of Africa goes to Nigeria. The problem we have is that the propaganda outfits in the West and Asia would never report that but focus our weakness
Re: Realities Of Nigeria’s Diminishing Relevance To U.S., Africa By Princeton Lyman by Litmus: 11:36am On Aug 16, 2020
Besides this topic, I can see why those that view Nigeria as too dominant in the West Africa sub-region - and have been trying a long time to discourage investment in Nigeria by spreading false as well as negative news about Nigeria internationally and trying to make Nigerians feel despondent- would be even more active now. If you look online YouTube, at developments in Nigeria and the fast pace of urban regeneration, it becomes clear, very quickly, to any with an iota of foresight, that Nigeria is one formidable country and the next exciting place in the world to expect massive developments. Even me that am always positive about Nigeria never quite believed those talk of Nigeria as an upcoming global power to watch or more accurately the next Tiger; now, however I am a believer. Exciting developments are happening. My advice to any of you reading this, if you’re not already investing, please go out and invest in land in Nigeria. Invest in Nigerian shares and stocks, buy property in Nigeria before it is too late and prices leap beyond your financial means.

Forget Buhari , forget politics, forget all that Nationalistic ego stuff, go do some investing for yourself and family interest. Go invest in real-estate properties - land and Houses before it is too late!

2 Likes

Re: Realities Of Nigeria’s Diminishing Relevance To U.S., Africa By Princeton Lyman by Nobody: 11:58am On Aug 16, 2020
favor914:

The man asked if you ever hear anybody say that 1 in 5 Asians is Chinese.

Simply put, what are you doing with the numbers?
Re: Realities Of Nigeria’s Diminishing Relevance To U.S., Africa By Princeton Lyman by DexterousOne(m): 12:14pm On Aug 16, 2020
COMPAQ:

This is exactly the shallow, arrogant thinking that the article is talking about!!

We spent billions of dollars on ECOMOG in the 80's and 90's, while our education, helathcare, infrastructure and economy languished. What strategic importance did we get from it. Do we have Nigerian companies dominating in Liberia and Sierra Leone and repatriating dollars back home the way American companies do in Middle East?

We call ourselves giant of Africa and all that yet we are now being bullied by Ghana. When last did Nigeria stamp its feet down in Africa on any issue?

We call ourselves oil giant, but because everybody is finding new oil, we are now irrelevant to US and UK. Besides Angola is nipping at our heels to become Africa's largest producer and Mozambique and Tanzania have found huge gas and will soon have LNG plants to rival NLNG, meanwhile we never accelerated other LNG projects to corner the market when we could have.

We have 200m people, majority of whom are illiterate, have extremely low purchasing power and are not adding to a modern economy.

Lest you forget, Nigeria is the poverty capital of the world. Nigeria has more people in abject poverty than India, yet India has 5TIMES our population. Does that add up?

You should be very worried about the future of this country.

Well said
Too bad many Nigerians are deluded to see these things

1 Like

Re: Realities Of Nigeria’s Diminishing Relevance To U.S., Africa By Princeton Lyman by freshkpomo(m): 1:18pm On Aug 16, 2020
Moneyboyz:

You made very good points but made a very bad reference with the picture you uploaded.

You all support political parties like it's a football club, APC or PDP it's still the same rotten eggs, one governor even defect to the opposing party and paid dearly just to get a governorship ticket, that should tell you something, the sooner you realize this the better your state progresses.
Stop campaigning for political parties but campaign for a honest man from anywhere.
that pic was from 2016, same people who posted it today are here on nairaland barking... Like you said, they support parties like teams... Oshiomole that was once called a devil is now a saint.. Check the write-up.
Re: Realities Of Nigeria’s Diminishing Relevance To U.S., Africa By Princeton Lyman by EagleSquare1(m): 3:58pm On Aug 16, 2020
You are right!
smiley smiley smiley

RTSC:
This thread will be few.
Too intellectual for the average Nigerian.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

We Wont Revert To N65 - Fg Insists / Adams Unaji Is Dead (Occupy Nigeria Activist) / Nigerian Army Rescues 30 Persons From Boko Haram’s Captivity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.