Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,449 members, 7,846,882 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 05:48 AM

What Is A Coven And Why Is It A Taboo In Nigeria - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is A Coven And Why Is It A Taboo In Nigeria (451 Views)

Feminist Coven, A Cover Of Darkness / Nigerian Witch, Angela Nwosu , Opens Coven For Women / Coven Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is A Coven And Why Is It A Taboo In Nigeria by shivaclubn: 11:59pm On Aug 13, 2020
I come in peace my fellow seekers of knowledge, I m saj and without wasting much of your time I have a question and probably say one or two things on the area that concerns the above subject,
Just as I just said my question is; what is the difference between Africa especially Nigeria and the western world when it comes to spirituality, knowing fully well that they'' western world'' brought religion/spirituality to Africa.
Now to be more specific I want to ask; ' what is a coven and why has Africans took too far to represent everything evil while the people who thought us the name didn't regard it as evil, in short they see coven as a pagan religion that anyone can be free to belong, they introduced formal religion to us but we misquoted everything.
Coven is a pagan religion of its kind and witches are not all bad just as not all Christian's are good. Coven is a gathering of witches and witches are also healers, they are followers of the old ways, they commune with nature and obey the law of ( do what thought will and harm non) I m a member of a coven and still leave at peace with everyone but non of them will allow me practice my religion openly and it has affected our organization which is shivaclub coven that we are completely undercover,
We have lots of pagan religion and groups including covens at the upland where all this religion came from and everyone is free. God and goddess grant our wishes. BLESSED BE.
Re: What Is A Coven And Why Is It A Taboo In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 2:14am On Aug 14, 2020
You are not in Nigeria right? Saying "blessed be"? does not sound like anything a Nigerian coven of witches would say. You probably watched your own version of covens in Hollywood or something, right?
Re: What Is A Coven And Why Is It A Taboo In Nigeria by illicit(m): 2:53am On Aug 14, 2020
Any type of religion is a scam

1 Like

Re: What Is A Coven And Why Is It A Taboo In Nigeria by paxonel(m): 3:20am On Aug 14, 2020
I have been saying it, the concept witchcraft Africans believe do not exist. Perhaps they are just mere organization or clubs that do not have any supernatural power but are not allowed to practice openly due to tradition. Example is Ogboni

1 Like

Re: What Is A Coven And Why Is It A Taboo In Nigeria by shivaclubn: 11:05am On Aug 15, 2020
You need to know what is coven first before you can ask WHAT IS BLESSED BE. Amen is not a Nigeria language it's fo Christians, ashee is for ogboni, so mote it be is for wica, iseee is for Igbo etc, so every religion/sect has the right to develop it's own affirmative language, BLESSED BE.
Kobojunkie:
You are not in Nigeria right? Saying "blessed be"? does not sound like anything a Nigerian coven of witches would say. You probably watched your own version of covens in Hollywood or something, right?
Re: What Is A Coven And Why Is It A Taboo In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 1:04pm On Aug 15, 2020
shivaclubn:
You need to know what is coven first before you can ask WHAT IS BLESSED BE. Amen is not a Nigeria language it's fo Christians, ashee is for ogboni, so mote it be is for wica, iseee is for Igbo etc, so every religion/sect has the right to develop it's own affirmative language, BLESSED BE.
Amen means "Truly".
Isee, ashee, etc do not mean the same as " blessed be"

(1) (Reply)

Revelation Of Urgent And Ongoing Divine Recruitment Of Intercessors / Blake: I’d Rather Miss Olympics Than Take COVID-19 Vaccine / We Are Approaching The Trillions! -bishop David Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.