Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

Jesus Is The Holy One Of Israel - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Is The Holy One Of Israel (128 Views)

Thus Says The Holy One Of Israel: He Will Split This Nation When It's Right / Who Is Jesus? - Jesus Is The Holy One. / God Is The Holy One Of Isreal! Not The Holy Three Or Holytrinity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jesus Is The Holy One Of Israel by bingbagbo(m): 7:07am On Aug 14, 2020
Isaiah 1:2-4

[2]Hear, O heavens, and give ear, O earth! For the Lord has spoken: “I have nourished and brought up children, And they have rebelled against Me;
[3]The ox knows its owner And the donkey its master’s crib; But Israel does not know, My people do not consider.”
[4]Alas, sinful nation, A people laden with iniquity, A brood of evildoers, Children who are corrupters[b]! They have forsaken the Lord, They have provoked to anger The Holy One of Israel, They have turned away backward.[/b]

This same holiness was seen in the earthly life of God the Son. Peter said that He committed no sin (1 Peter 2:22). John said that there was no sin in Him (1 John 3:5). Paul said that He knew no sin (2 Corinthians 5:21). The writer to the Hebrews said He was “holy, innocent, undefiled, separated from sinners” (Hebrews 7:26). We are not surprised to hear Peter refer to Him in his sermon at the gate of the temple as the Holy One, the very same exalted name applied to the Father (Acts 3:14).

Jesus Christ was truly holy. That is one reason why the self-seeking, self-righteous religious rulers of the day hated Him and wanted to destroy Him. They stood condemned in His presence. That is why demons trembled before Him and feared for their very existence. In the synagogue at Capernaum, one of them cried out, “What do we have to do with You, Jesus of Nazareth? Have You come to destroy us? I know who You are—the Holy One of God!” (Mark 1:24) The Holy One of God! Sinful men feared Him and fallen angels fled from His presence. His holiness is awesome.

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Michael Todd – Happily Ever Before / Family Faces Trial For Shaving Head Of Muslim Girl Over Christian Boyfriend / Why Believe In Jesus Christ Crucified ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.