Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,786 members, 7,817,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

RB Leipzig Reach UCL Semifinal Just 11 Years After They Were Formed; Atleti Out - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / RB Leipzig Reach UCL Semifinal Just 11 Years After They Were Formed; Atleti Out (30655 Views)

Leipzig Reach Champions League Semi-finals And Will Face PSG For Final Spot. / What Ronaldo Couldn't Do Over A Year, Messi Has Done In Just 11 Days / Messi Suffers Worst Ballon D'or Ranking in 11 years. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RB Leipzig Reach UCL Semifinal Just 11 Years After They Were Formed; Atleti Out by Sambaby7640: 4:09pm On Aug 14, 2020
DrKlever:
Winners Chapel ni grin
check their last 3 h2h games in champions League
Re: RB Leipzig Reach UCL Semifinal Just 11 Years After They Were Formed; Atleti Out by 21cents: 4:09pm On Aug 14, 2020
Angelfrost:

Nothing is sure for now... Bayern, Barcelona, and PSG are all monstrous opponents that can make a mess of Guardiola's team!!!

Let them even get past Lyon first!!! This is football!!! grin
lol. no mind that one grin

with wetin I dey see from PSG, Leipzig, Bayern, Man City fit no win anything
Re: RB Leipzig Reach UCL Semifinal Just 11 Years After They Were Formed; Atleti Out by 21cents: 4:12pm On Aug 14, 2020
NewDelhi:

I hate to hear that nonsense. Chelsea worked for it and not luck. If the club didn't work hard and we're never determined, they wouldn't have won it. So stop saying it was luck, it was hard work and determination.
I beg to disagree a bit.

this is UCL bro and no matter how good/poor you think you are, or your determination, you need at least a lil bit of luck to lift that trophy.
Re: RB Leipzig Reach UCL Semifinal Just 11 Years After They Were Formed; Atleti Out by Dansuqi: 4:13pm On Aug 14, 2020
NewDelhi:

I hate to hear that nonsense. Chelsea worked for it and not luck. If the club didn't work hard and we're never determined, they wouldn't have won it. So stop saying it was luck, it was hard work and determination.

It is not nonsense,it is a fact.if city work for it,they will win it
Re: RB Leipzig Reach UCL Semifinal Just 11 Years After They Were Formed; Atleti Out by Topmaike007(m): 4:13pm On Aug 14, 2020
kenzysmith:
mr i too know! atlehico that has gone to 2 major ucl final is now age mate with liezig only joa felix and morata money Will buy their whole team. they are more experience and they ve a world class gk in their team with a more experience manager coming against a coach who ve no experience at all. i won't argue with u cause i know u started watching football 12 years ago cheers

do you know that you're referring to a former Ac Milan fan?

Or maybe you're mistaking me for an indomie generation, I have been watching football now is almost 20yrs...

So pls Bleep off, in a nutshell you will call Liverpool squad that face Madrid in final underdog because Ronaldo, Modric, Bale and Benzema prize tag will nearly buy the whole team..

And also pls don't underate the German team or else they will dump your sorry ass out of the competition..

1 Like

Re: RB Leipzig Reach UCL Semifinal Just 11 Years After They Were Formed; Atleti Out by guychidile: 4:20pm On Aug 14, 2020
they are trying shaa
Re: RB Leipzig Reach UCL Semifinal Just 11 Years After They Were Formed; Atleti Out by DesChyko: 4:55pm On Aug 14, 2020
Kriss216:
While Manure formed in 80s is still struggling in Europa. Shame on them!

What a disgrace you are to the world of football

"Duncan Edwards is manure, rotting in his grave, man you are manure—rotting in your grave."....made fun of the Busby Babes that crashed while they were coming home from Munich and eight amongst them died in the Munich Air Crash.

It will do you well to know how distasteful your chouce of a joke is.
Re: RB Leipzig Reach UCL Semifinal Just 11 Years After They Were Formed; Atleti Out by Martinez39s(m): 5:31pm On Aug 14, 2020
motionarena:
useless analysis.

Are u forgetting that there was home advantage in d first leg
I don't believe in home advantage. In fact the teams playing at home are supposed to be cautious of conceding an away goal.
Re: RB Leipzig Reach UCL Semifinal Just 11 Years After They Were Formed; Atleti Out by Martinez39s(m): 5:33pm On Aug 14, 2020
AkwaIbomMan:
thank you very much for this input.
cc Martinez39s
I don't believe in home advantage. In fact the teams playing at home are supposed to be cautious of conceding an away goal.
Re: RB Leipzig Reach UCL Semifinal Just 11 Years After They Were Formed; Atleti Out by kenzysmith: 5:50pm On Aug 14, 2020
Topmaike007:
do you know that you're referring to a former Ac Milan fan?

Or maybe you're mistaking me for an indomie generation, I have been watching football now is almost 20yrs...

So pls Bleep off, in a nutshell you will call Liverpool squad that face Madrid in final underdog because Ronaldo, Modric, Bale and Benzema prize tag will nearly buy the whole team..

And also pls don't underate the German team or else they will dump your sorry ass out of the competition..
if liezig beat psg i promise u 3k
Re: RB Leipzig Reach UCL Semifinal Just 11 Years After They Were Formed; Atleti Out by vickydevoka(m): 6:17pm On Aug 14, 2020
kenzysmith:
if liezig beat psg i promise u 3k
If na watin I see yesterday Dem go nack psg. Buh honestly I wan make psg reach final
Re: RB Leipzig Reach UCL Semifinal Just 11 Years After They Were Formed; Atleti Out by realestate99: 6:26pm On Aug 14, 2020
Martinez39s:
One legged tie can be unforgiving, but it is still fair. Imagine if the knock out ties had been one-legged since 2015. It means Liverpool and AS Roma wouldn't have had their amazing comeback against Barcelona. Wolfsburg would have knocked Madrid out in 2016 with their 2-0 victory in the first leg; PSG would have knocked Barcelona with a 4-0 win in Paris; Barcelona would have knocked out Atletico Madrid in 2016. I could go on. Two legs favours the better team, but a single isn't unfair. Congratulations to RB Leipzig.

Liverpool fans were celebrating Atletico's loss. Yeye people.

By your analogy, every final should be two legged like the CAF champions league to favour the better team.......left to me, I prefer this one legged knockout system, it is do or die, you are not getting another chance. like I told my friend yesterday, my guts was telling me about a Leipzig win just because of this single legged stuff, this format is not good for ultra conservative team like athletico, a good team should be able to adjust tactics in different situations, what happened yesterday was a big shame to Simeone, playing a defensive formation against a team you ought to annihilate.

This single leg has just shown us the strength and weakness of some "big teams" if we really want to see more of underdog triumphs single leg knockout system is the way.
Re: RB Leipzig Reach UCL Semifinal Just 11 Years After They Were Formed; Atleti Out by JBoss25(m): 7:04pm On Aug 14, 2020
Kriss216:
While Manure formed in 80s is still struggling in Europa. Shame on them!

Go Leipzig!!

I'm getting a Leipzig jersey next season.
your father idiot, wetin man utd do u fool
Re: RB Leipzig Reach UCL Semifinal Just 11 Years After They Were Formed; Atleti Out by JBoss25(m): 7:06pm On Aug 14, 2020
tonyashburton:
Which '80s is that?1880's or 1980's?These Golden Morn generation sef!
ignore the fool
Re: RB Leipzig Reach UCL Semifinal Just 11 Years After They Were Formed; Atleti Out by Bosch10(m): 7:14pm On Aug 14, 2020
thesicilian:
grin
it's like one of those hin speeches

1 Like

Re: RB Leipzig Reach UCL Semifinal Just 11 Years After They Were Formed; Atleti Out by Fibonacci88: 8:30pm On Aug 14, 2020
paulolee:
good for them and that's the main advantage of a one leg affair, its full of surprises..
i can bet my money dt they wouldn't av defeated athletico assuming its a two leg affair because the likes of barca, bayern and even liverpool couldn't better that simeone athletico layout
i pray the ucl continues with this one leg knockout pattern after the group stage next season because it would give the smaller teams chances to believe and dream of winning it..
big teams like madrid, bayern, barca, city, liverpool, and juve do dominate the knockout stages of ucl because they may flop on away ground but would always do the main work playing at home with is a fortress to the smaller teams..
but i know the top dogs would oppose the one leg tie because they wont generate more cash like before which is the main aim for football..
Spot on..UEFA needs to continue with this one leg template for quarter final stages. Away goal rule is killing the champions league. Mumu Athletico was thinking there was a return leg where they will park bus and score one goal.
Re: RB Leipzig Reach UCL Semifinal Just 11 Years After They Were Formed; Atleti Out by krushdripper(m): 9:45am On Aug 15, 2020
21cents:
weak!!

you think football is mainly judged by how much you bought your players?? you know nothing bro.
It's judged by that bro, especially when you've been outclassed by a far less expensive 11 year old team.
Re: RB Leipzig Reach UCL Semifinal Just 11 Years After They Were Formed; Atleti Out by Ayobami7(m): 1:37pm On Aug 15, 2020
congrats to them
Re: RB Leipzig Reach UCL Semifinal Just 11 Years After They Were Formed; Atleti Out by vandp: 9:58pm On Aug 15, 2020
DrKlever:
Winners Chapel ni grin

I hope you've seen the result. Some of us are football master analysts.
Re: RB Leipzig Reach UCL Semifinal Just 11 Years After They Were Formed; Atleti Out by DrKlever(m): 10:39pm On Aug 15, 2020
vandp:

I hope you've seen the result. Some of us are football master analysts.
I'm sorry for doubting you bro, man city is a very shitty team sad
Re: RB Leipzig Reach UCL Semifinal Just 11 Years After They Were Formed; Atleti Out by chukasson(m): 11:37pm On Aug 15, 2020
Angelfrost:

Their coach is a top contender for Manager of the year in Europe, as far as I am concerned!!!... He has done wonders with next to nothing!!!
u are on point

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ronaldo Celebrates 38th Birthday With Family & Friends / Jose Mourinho Sacked As Roma Coach / AFCON: Aliou Cisse Hospitalized After Cameroon Game

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.