Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,840 members, 7,956,167 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:32 AM

Please Help. My Brother Is On The Fast Lane To Destruction - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Help. My Brother Is On The Fast Lane To Destruction (3027 Views)

Help!!! My brother is down as his wife got back in contacts with her Ex / HELP! My Brother Is Too Dull / My Brother Is Sleeping With Our Cousin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help. My Brother Is On The Fast Lane To Destruction by Nobody: 8:47am On Aug 14, 2020
Hello peeps, I really need your opinions and counsel on how to handle this issue that is affecting my family.

Recently we found out that my youngest bro, our last born, does crack.. He's 24 going on 25.

As i speak to you he's supposed to be a graduate but nothing came out of his years in school. We knew he was doing weed which didn't go down well with us especially my mum, because my family is somewhat disciplined and responsible. Then lately we discovered he does white, from his own confession tho. An incident happened almost 3 months ago where he took my mums ATM card and stole 85k, also transferred another 15k from my mum's other account using her phone and deleted the sms alerts so we got some military men involved and he was drilled thoroughly, it was after then he opened up on sniffing. That he mixed with the wrong crowd and boom.

He begged forgiveness and promised to change. He did for a few weeks but relapsed. He's been stealing my mums money and also asking friends and others for money just to get high. He does nothing except for his dream of exploits in his pursuit of a musical career (he's actually damn good)..

Right now i want to take action but i don't know how to go about it. I'm considering involving community youths coz that has proven effective in some instances, or yet again involve the army for another round of thorough drilling. Because we have prayed, and adviced yet to no avail. So I'm here for opinions and advice on how to handle this issue. Anyone here who's handled such cases before? I need your inputs.

As it is I'm the only one who can do anything about it as my other siblings (2 of them) are abroad, so it's just mum, my little bro and i here. Mum and dad are separated. My bro leaves with my mum but now mum wants him out coz of his irresponsible lifestyle.

Mods should please move this to the relevant section. Thanks

P.S - I'm not new here. Had to create a new account to stay anonymous

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help. My Brother Is On The Fast Lane To Destruction by tahir01(m): 9:05am On Aug 14, 2020
@ his age,it will be difficult to change him. just pray and hope for the best.
Re: Please Help. My Brother Is On The Fast Lane To Destruction by Afam4eva(m): 9:08am On Aug 14, 2020
There's not much you can do for people determined to be on their way to destruction.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help. My Brother Is On The Fast Lane To Destruction by robinso01(m): 9:10am On Aug 14, 2020
Start by cutting off his friends, they might be in it together, take him to rehabilitation center and reduce his freedom of going out any how without monitoring.
Re: Please Help. My Brother Is On The Fast Lane To Destruction by EngrMarve(m): 9:12am On Aug 14, 2020
This one needs deliverance oo
Re: Please Help. My Brother Is On The Fast Lane To Destruction by Aimerosa25(f): 9:22am On Aug 14, 2020
Like Tahir 01 said,it'll be hard to change him going by his age ,have faith ND don't lose hope.
Re: Please Help. My Brother Is On The Fast Lane To Destruction by Asquare84(m): 9:24am On Aug 14, 2020
Take him to a good pastor for healing and deliverance
Re: Please Help. My Brother Is On The Fast Lane To Destruction by Ningen(m): 9:24am On Aug 14, 2020
Just want to say it's a bad idea to drill him.
You can't correct his addiction by torturing him.
Re: Please Help. My Brother Is On The Fast Lane To Destruction by 3ice: 9:24am On Aug 14, 2020
Hello Everyone.

Please join us in Living faith church Aka winners chapel at Otta for people in Lagos and Ogun state. For other states, visit any winners chapel closest to you as it is a conenant family day (See initation attached with testimonies in there).

As you partake of the service, every recurrent family challenge will be a thing of the past. Most family foundational curses and challenges has been healed in the past from this.

Psalm 11:3 King James Version (KJV)
If the family foundations of a righteous man is destroyed, how can he breakthrough, but

Obadiah 17 King James Version (KJV)
Upon mount Zion (The church) the righteous shall gain his deliverance, and holiness on their family ground shall take its course and your entire family and household shall take possesions of their inheritance.

God bless you All as you come.

Jesus is Lord

3 Likes

Re: Please Help. My Brother Is On The Fast Lane To Destruction by Tamkurou: 9:44am On Aug 14, 2020
Take him to RCCG Hope rehabilitation center.

3 Likes

Re: Please Help. My Brother Is On The Fast Lane To Destruction by Modupetemmy1(f): 9:44am On Aug 14, 2020
I think what he needs is rehab, take him to a psychiatric hospital that has a rehab center

7 Likes

Re: Please Help. My Brother Is On The Fast Lane To Destruction by Nobody: 9:48am On Aug 14, 2020
tahir01:
@ his age,it will be difficult to change him. just pray and hope for the best.
It's been really difficult for us, especially my mum. And everything is beginning to have a toll on her health.

We've been praying and hoping for the best possible outcome.
Re: Please Help. My Brother Is On The Fast Lane To Destruction by Nobody: 9:50am On Aug 14, 2020
Afam4eva:
There's not much you can do for people determined to be on their way to destruction.
Bros, should we just leave him to self-destruct?
Re: Please Help. My Brother Is On The Fast Lane To Destruction by Nobody: 9:53am On Aug 14, 2020
robinso01:
Start by cutting off his friends, they might be in it together, take him to rehabilitation center and reduce his freedom of going out any how without monitoring.
Hmmmmmmmm...
Re: Please Help. My Brother Is On The Fast Lane To Destruction by Nobody: 9:55am On Aug 14, 2020
Aimerosa25:
Like Tahir 01 said,it'll be hard to change him going by his age ,have faith ND don't lose hope.
We are still believing God.
Re: Please Help. My Brother Is On The Fast Lane To Destruction by Mariangeles(f): 10:07am On Aug 14, 2020
Escobarcole:

No more "drilling" please.
He's struggling with addiction already as it is.

Apart from prayers, he needs your love and encouragement.
As someone earlier contributed, cut him off from the company he keeps, look for a good rehabilitation center to get him treated.

1 Like

Re: Please Help. My Brother Is On The Fast Lane To Destruction by Aimerosa25(f): 10:13am On Aug 14, 2020
Escobarcole:
no problem
Re: Please Help. My Brother Is On The Fast Lane To Destruction by tahir01(m): 10:22am On Aug 14, 2020
Escobarcole:
It's been really difficult for us, especially my mum. And everything is beginning to have a toll on her health.

We've been praying and hoping for the best possible outcome.
You just have to hold on to God. Sit him down and have a conversation,maybe get some elderly figures to have a word with him.
Re: Please Help. My Brother Is On The Fast Lane To Destruction by Nobody: 10:23am On Aug 14, 2020
Mariangeles:

No more "drilling" please.
He's struggling with addiction already as it is.

Apart from prayers, he needs your love and encouragement.
As someone earlier contributed, cut him off from the company he keeps, look for a good rehabilitation center to get him treated.
He's not in want of that, believe me.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Please Help. My Brother Is On The Fast Lane To Destruction by Nobody: 10:24am On Aug 14, 2020
tahir01:

You just have to hold on to God. Sit him down and have a conversation,maybe get some elderly figures to have a word with him.
OK, thanks.
Re: Please Help. My Brother Is On The Fast Lane To Destruction by Nobody: 10:25am On Aug 14, 2020
Modupetemmy1:
I think what he needs is rehab, take him to a psychiatric hospital that has a rehab center
Noted. Thanks
Re: Please Help. My Brother Is On The Fast Lane To Destruction by grafixdon: 10:25am On Aug 14, 2020
Change his environment. You said 2 of your siblings are in abroad. One should invite him. He needs to change his current environment if you want any meaningful changes.
Re: Please Help. My Brother Is On The Fast Lane To Destruction by Mindlog: 11:00am On Aug 14, 2020
Addiction is a brain disease, he needs to willingly get admitted into a rehab, though it is not the magic bullet if he is not self-driven as I work in one and some of the patients have been to rehabs severally, only to relapse by poor management of triggers.

Many of our patients woke up to find themselves admitted into the psychiatric wards, brought in by their families. Most of them become calm when the reality of spending some weeks in the wards with patients who "hear colours and see voices" hits them. Their detoxification starts there before the psychiatrist can approve their being transferred to the rehab unit, which is like heaven compared to the wards.

They spend 3 months in the rehab continuing with their medication, one-on-one and group psychotherapy, occupational therapy, psychoeducation etc. If an addict is not willing, these intervention would just be a waste of time and finance.

5 Likes

Re: Please Help. My Brother Is On The Fast Lane To Destruction by frozen70(f): 12:00pm On Aug 14, 2020
Escobarcole:
Hello peeps, I really need your opinions and counsel on how to handle this issue that is affecting my family.

Recently we found out that my youngest bro, our last born, does crack.. He's 24 going on 25.

As i speak to you he's supposed to be a graduate but nothing came out of his years in school. We knew he was doing weed which didn't go down well with us especially my mum, because my family is somewhat disciplined and responsible. Then lately we discovered he does white, from his own confession tho. An incident happened almost 3 months ago where he took my mums ATM card and stole 85k, also transferred another 15k from my mum's other account using her phone and deleted the sms alerts so we got some military men involved and he was drilled thoroughly, it was after then he opened up on sniffing. That he mixed with the wrong crowd and boom.

He begged forgiveness and promised to change. He did for a few weeks but relapsed. He's been stealing my mums money and also asking friends and others for money just to get high. He does nothing except for his dream of exploits in his pursuit of a musical career (he's actually damn good)..

Right now i want to take action but i don't know how to go about it. I'm considering involving community youths coz that has proven effective in some instances, or yet again involve the army for another round of thorough drilling. Because we have prayed, and adviced yet to no avail. So I'm here for opinions and advice on how to handle this issue. Anyone here who's handled such cases before? I need your inputs.

As it is I'm the only one who can do anything about it as my other siblings (2 of them) are abroad, so it's just mum, my little bro and i here. Mum and dad are separated. My bro leaves with my mum but now mum wants him out coz of his irresponsible lifestyle.

Mods should please move this to the relevant section. Thanks

P.S - I'm not new here. Had to create a new account to stay anonymous

You guys need to relocate your mum so that his attitude which she sees won't lead to early death for her

Let your mum change her bank and he will not have access to her new pin

Your brother needs to be taken to a reformertary home, where he will be rehabilitated

This his passion for music career is what may make matters worst because he will be exposed to be high and higher on something

Keep involving the army to reset his brain
If you involve the youths, don't be surprise at a stage they will be weak to handle him because they too take it and they like themselves who takes it

Don't allow his madness to affect you because you have your life to leave

Just think about separating or relocating your mother as she is more of a concern

2 Likes

Re: Please Help. My Brother Is On The Fast Lane To Destruction by VampireJoe(m): 12:09pm On Aug 14, 2020
This one don go far..... it'll take the grace of God for him to stop
Re: Please Help. My Brother Is On The Fast Lane To Destruction by pretydiva(f): 12:13pm On Aug 14, 2020
He needs counselling. He should go see a therapist. Also, keep praying for him.
Re: Please Help. My Brother Is On The Fast Lane To Destruction by IfeomaRash(f): 12:33pm On Aug 14, 2020
I think you guys should sit him down and ask him if he is ready to change. Because, believe me it's not easy to stop drug addiction. But if he is truly ready to stop, then you should take him to professionals in that aspect. Maybe something like a rehab. You cannot make him stop by involving military or boys. You are only making it worst. He needs all the help and support he can get. Goodluck

2 Likes

Re: Please Help. My Brother Is On The Fast Lane To Destruction by Nobody: 12:44pm On Aug 14, 2020
This one don go! Sadly, there’s nothing anybody do. Only an addict can decide when to stop and choose to stay clean. Too bad!

2 Likes

Re: Please Help. My Brother Is On The Fast Lane To Destruction by Mandela27: 1:40pm On Aug 14, 2020
Ghen ghen!
Re: Please Help. My Brother Is On The Fast Lane To Destruction by Mandela27: 1:41pm On Aug 14, 2020
Your brother doesn't need you to be too hard on him now,although it has gone farrrr to crack.damn! I know every family hates when a member becomes a drug addict,but there's no much you can do than allowing him peace of mind and being less judgemental.Meanwhile keep all atms out of where he can see,have his time,try to initiate deep discussions with him and do more of the listening,he would get bored and whenever he wants to leave,tell him to calm down and stay little longer with u,don't judge him no matter how worried u are,You females can put up different characters so just cry for him that u don't like those his friends,he would consider ur tears instead of ur judgements.Don't take him to a rehabitation center,he's not a mad person.what he needs is ur time,although it wont be easy and it will take a little time before he starts having more of ur time too.I wish u luck
Re: Please Help. My Brother Is On The Fast Lane To Destruction by Nobody: 1:43pm On Aug 14, 2020
He needs
1. to accept he has a problem/an addiction problem
2. to agree to getting help (e.g. rehab)
Re: Please Help. My Brother Is On The Fast Lane To Destruction by GboyegaD(m): 1:45pm On Aug 14, 2020
Follow that advice that suggested a rehabilitation home. If you are not satisfied with a religious one, you could search for rehabilitation homes in the state you live in.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Exactly Is A Bad Boy?? / My Defense: Does A 'cheap Girl' Mean A Lady Who Dates For Love? / Carpool In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.