Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,198 members, 7,811,522 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:39 PM

Nigerian Retailers' Shops In Ghana Locked Up As Police, Army, Flog Them - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Retailers' Shops In Ghana Locked Up As Police, Army, Flog Them (35840 Views)

Makinde Distributes Over 100 Vehicles To Police, Army, Other Security Agencies / Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country / Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Retailers' Shops In Ghana Locked Up As Police, Army, Flog Them by Sleekfingers: 11:53am On Aug 14, 2020
temptnow:

Watch Which video? As I said, all Ghanians in Nigeria should be attack

go and attack them na...if u no go rot in jail....do u think nigeria police will allow u lazy youths to attack innoccent foreigners....some people go just dey inside one dilapitated building dey type thrash......no be under your nose bandits etc they kill and maim...wetin una do.....na to dey come online and chestbeating

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Retailers' Shops In Ghana Locked Up As Police, Army, Flog Them by uuzba(m): 11:55am On Aug 14, 2020
wailer1:
countries have rules. Ghana must implement its rule.

Correct.
Nigerians are so bad at obeying rules.
They will break the rules of a land, the indegenes will beat them up as punishment, then they will start shouting and complaining again.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Retailers' Shops In Ghana Locked Up As Police, Army, Flog Them by topboss: 11:56am On Aug 14, 2020
uuzba:

Correct.
Nigerians are so bad at obeying rules.
They will break the rules of a land, the indegenes will beat them up as punishment, then they will start shouting and complaining again.

All Ghanians should trade and live in Ghana.
How is dat rule?
Re: Nigerian Retailers' Shops In Ghana Locked Up As Police, Army, Flog Them by knowhowk: 11:57am On Aug 14, 2020
Let there be Peace ...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Retailers' Shops In Ghana Locked Up As Police, Army, Flog Them by AmazingELixir: 11:59am On Aug 14, 2020
Kennyswag:
They don't want igbos in their country.. same way I don't want igbos in my place

grin grin grin

If one is to check out where you stay in that your supposed place..I'm 100% sure it is one deplorable shack in ogbomosho or Agege..

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Retailers' Shops In Ghana Locked Up As Police, Army, Flog Them by jneutron4000: 11:59am On Aug 14, 2020
Ibo wil leave their land and start doing petty trade meant for the locals, why wont they lock up your shops. This will soon happen to you in Yoruba land. Chinedu go do armed robbery, used the capital open provision shop for Agege begin dey sell provisions and garri jobs that is meant for the Yoruba ladies who are not foturnate to go to school. If the Yoruba lady sells let say a cup of garri for a standard price of 100 naira, Chinedu an ibo guy will sell his for 80 naira, afterall the capital of the bussiness is a proceed of crime so it is a win win situation, this in turn fustrate the Yoruba out of bussiness because her customers have all been stolen by Chinedu. This go happen for Yoruba land very soon make Iyamiri go back to their land and do their trading there.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Retailers' Shops In Ghana Locked Up As Police, Army, Flog Them by LastProphet: 11:59am On Aug 14, 2020
Kennyswag:
They don't want igbos in their country.. same way I don't want igbos in my place

It's always the ibos giving us a bad name because they can't stop thinking of how 'smart' they think they are. Anywhere Nigeria is rejected it's about them ibos

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Retailers' Shops In Ghana Locked Up As Police, Army, Flog Them by Nobody: 12:00pm On Aug 14, 2020
More reasons; Nigerians living in Ghana complain of being targeted and blamed for rising crime levels. A bad international reputation only gets worse: recently, a kidnapping case was linked to a Nigerian convict. Between 2018 and now, 723 Nigerians have been deported from Ghana for prostitution and “Yahoo Yahoo” or cybercrime.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Retailers' Shops In Ghana Locked Up As Police, Army, Flog Them by Sleekfingers: 12:02pm On Aug 14, 2020
Lajet:

Shut up shameless Afonja

i can now conclude that there absolutely nothing in your head...as a matter of fact, nairaland should removing idiots like this from their forum.....all they know how to do is to be throwing tribal punches.

If nairaland does not do something fast... I will personally will be forwarding hate speech comments to the appropriate authorities.....if u think u cannot be track down...then u re dreaming....

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Retailers' Shops In Ghana Locked Up As Police, Army, Flog Them by topboss: 12:05pm On Aug 14, 2020
[s]
Coronabirus:
More reasons; Nigerians living in Ghana complain of being targeted and blamed for rising crime levels. A bad international reputation only gets worse: recently, a kidnapping case was linked to a Nigerian convict. Between 2018 and now, 723 Nigerians have been deported from Ghana for prostitution and “Yahoo Yahoo” or cybercrime.
[/s]

If Nigeria as a country is nonfunctional, why not disband so everybody can stand on their own.
Same Ghanians demolished Nigeria embassy just two months back.
All this insults is becoming too much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=my5Bd8upqoo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=my5Bd8upqoo

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Retailers' Shops In Ghana Locked Up As Police, Army, Flog Them by Babisha10(m): 12:06pm On Aug 14, 2020
FrLukas:
Being chased from everywhere.

Please can we break this country already so that everyone can bear their papa name.

Categorising all of us as Nigerians don tire me abeg.
Then u leave the country or jump into lagoon period....
Re: Nigerian Retailers' Shops In Ghana Locked Up As Police, Army, Flog Them by akigbemaru: 12:11pm On Aug 14, 2020
SmartPolician:

I have followed the debate online
The Ghanaians always insist that they have existing laws that no foreign-owned small-scale business is allowed to operate in their country.
Their argument is that they are just few in the country
So, if they allow foreigners to come in their numbers, they will dominate the space and drive their people out of business.
Why question is, Why do Nigerians still go there to start small-scale businesses when they know that they have such laws in place?
Perhaps Nigerians are just being our lawless selves, believing that with some tips everything is possible.
Re: Nigerian Retailers' Shops In Ghana Locked Up As Police, Army, Flog Them by PaulH07: 12:12pm On Aug 14, 2020
LastProphet:

It's always the ibos giving us a bad name because they can't stop thinking of how 'smart' they think they are. Anywhere Nigeria is rejected it's about them ibos

That's why me I've even been clamoring for FG to just give them their Biafra, and let them go...

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Retailers' Shops In Ghana Locked Up As Police, Army, Flog Them by topboss: 12:13pm On Aug 14, 2020
[s]
SmartPolician:

I have followed the debate online
The Ghanaians always insist that they have existing laws that no foreign-owned small-scale business is allowed to operate in their country.
Their argument is that they are just few in the country
So, if they allow foreigners to come in their numbers, they will dominate the space and drive their people out of business.
Why question is, Why do Nigerians still go there to start small-scale businesses when they know that they have such laws in place?
Perhaps Nigerians are just being our lawless selves, believing that with some tips everything is possible.
[/s]

Why do Ghanians go to other countries to live and work?

They should all stay in GHANA and do retail trade.

Cant have your cake and eat it.
Re: Nigerian Retailers' Shops In Ghana Locked Up As Police, Army, Flog Them by Muna4real(f): 12:16pm On Aug 14, 2020
Later they will start shouting black lives matter. Mteeweww
Re: Nigerian Retailers' Shops In Ghana Locked Up As Police, Army, Flog Them by afroxyz: 12:17pm On Aug 14, 2020
edoairways:

You forgot that many Ghanaians lived in Nigeria, watched our movies and music, inter marry with us?

To the extent of differentiating between Igbo and Yoruba?
Re: Nigerian Retailers' Shops In Ghana Locked Up As Police, Army, Flog Them by afroxyz: 12:18pm On Aug 14, 2020
PaulH07:

That's why me I've even been clamoring for FG to just give them their Biafra, and let them go...

Hushpuppi is Igbo right?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Retailers' Shops In Ghana Locked Up As Police, Army, Flog Them by abovecomsmyhelp: 12:20pm On Aug 14, 2020
It cant be retaliation cuz Ghana first deported Africans especially Nigerians in 1969 they even went as far as going to school to pick Nigeria children and deport them to Nigeria please do your reseach cuz every Ghanaian is aware of this but always pretending
Abouwaza:
9ja don suffer

My Ghanian friend told me last week there's a NAIJA MUST GO movement going on in Kumasi in retaliation to GHANA MUST GO

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Retailers' Shops In Ghana Locked Up As Police, Army, Flog Them by Asour: 12:20pm On Aug 14, 2020
SmartProf:
Africans are very hypocritical, babaric & evil to themselves. If this was to be done by security forces of an Asian/European country or America, they will call it Racism and form hashtags everywhere. The Buhari government and our foreign affairs ministry must be firm on international relations. Unfortunately, they themselves are a joke.

I've always known this.

Racism(though terrible) is a scapegoat. All other forms of discrimination/prejudice go on amongst men which are not taken seriously even though they are as bad as racism.

I'm ALL for being law abiding though. But the law was made for man NOT man for the law.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Retailers' Shops In Ghana Locked Up As Police, Army, Flog Them by legitnow: 12:22pm On Aug 14, 2020
As a Nigerian, I have never been to Ghana before and will never go to Ghana in my lifetime.

That said, it does not change the fact that their are Ghanians that prefer to live in Nigeria and Nigerians that prefer to live in Ghana.

This is how the world work. Not all Ghanians live and work in Ghana, likewise Nigerians.

If they are not collecting public benefit from Gov or doing crime, I dont see a problem in providing them with a place to conduct legitimate business and pay tax that contributes to the Economy of their host.

Afterall, the people buying their market are Ghanians consumers and they have a right to choose where to buy their market.

Traders themselves still need to buy and pay for services in ghana from Ghanaians to live there.

So, closing their source of income is heartless.

Black people leave evil.
Re: Nigerian Retailers' Shops In Ghana Locked Up As Police, Army, Flog Them by abiolamitodun(m): 12:23pm On Aug 14, 2020
PROUDIGBO:

'You're from south-south' my black ass!

Dude, you're NOT from south-south given the kind of lying and pathetic anti-Igbo sentiments you express! The only set of people that despise Igbos this much are Yoruba and core northern muslims.....specifically Fulani! There's loads of you shameless impostors on this forum, trying to sell a false narrative!

You kid no one....not even yourself!
What do u have to say about the old Bendel (edo/Delta)
Re: Nigerian Retailers' Shops In Ghana Locked Up As Police, Army, Flog Them by AregbeFufu: 12:26pm On Aug 14, 2020
Revolva:

What are you even saying self , do you think I am the cause of the hate there

Pls respect yourself I am telling from the fact base on what I saw in where I stayed in Accra

I was new in the hood , and these local ghanaians liked my personality but each time I sat close to them to drink they ask me if I am ibo this and that ..

I will remind them that Nigeria is not made up of only three tribes that I am neither Igbo Yoruba or hausa , oh then they now understand , I the asked then why are they asking me this they said Igbo people have done too much bad things in Accra to them ..that what they said

So don't quote me I am not the ambassador of Nigeria to Ghana ok
We're saying the same thing.
Same thing they asked you when you were in South Africa.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Retailers' Shops In Ghana Locked Up As Police, Army, Flog Them by micflo28(m): 12:30pm On Aug 14, 2020
They should come back with their businesses and create more job opportunities for the teeming youths. Ghana is mad, how do you tell people to leave your country and leave their businesses behind with the excuse that you shut your borders. Another point to note is that Igbo traders must really begin to deal on Ecowas member countries goods. They help spread Chinese goods so much that revenue returns made by China from Nigerian traders can develop a whole province in China. Ghana is only trying to take back their Economy and I don't blame them. Ours in Nigeria is lost to corruption and greedy foreigners.
Re: Nigerian Retailers' Shops In Ghana Locked Up As Police, Army, Flog Them by legitnow: 12:32pm On Aug 14, 2020
I live abroad, and one day my Mrs traveled so i went to market to buy pepper and other stuff.

I went to the black people selling pepper and their pepper was abit black in poly bag of 4 pepper for 500 naira in exchange rate.

I left my fellow black people shop and went to the Indian man, he weighed the pepper on a scale and gave me 5times more pepper for the same price.

Wat Ghana authority are doing is basically suffering Ghanians to be paying high price without alternative options.

This is not a matter of Ghanian or black but survival of the masses that will be paying higher prices, because competition have been eliminated from the market.

Ghanaian people will be at the total mercy of greedy Union of traders that will increase price at will, to enrich themselves.
Re: Nigerian Retailers' Shops In Ghana Locked Up As Police, Army, Flog Them by SEGLIZ: 12:35pm On Aug 14, 2020
wink2015:

WHICH INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY?

Nigeria has lost its roles in the west africa sub region.

how do you mean by roles?
Re: Nigerian Retailers' Shops In Ghana Locked Up As Police, Army, Flog Them by DAVE5(m): 12:38pm On Aug 14, 2020
ThatFairGuy:
I think we've had enough

"Ghana cannot be trading freely and living in Ecowas couuntries, whilst everyday in Ghana our citizens are humiliated and molested.
Else we return all Ghanaians to live and do business in Ghana and put an end to all this nonsense"

What can you do since you've had enough of it?
Re: Nigerian Retailers' Shops In Ghana Locked Up As Police, Army, Flog Them by Anago55: 12:42pm On Aug 14, 2020
Graysons:

I am from the South south, and I will shout Amen Amen to that.

I don't have any problem with igbos, they need to respect people land and culture and stop disobeying the law of their host.

Imagine if they try this in Ghana. Now tell me, what will be the outcome?
. Oga simply echo Amen and move on. all this grandstanding is uncalled for

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Retailers' Shops In Ghana Locked Up As Police, Army, Flog Them by abimic(m): 12:42pm On Aug 14, 2020
The manhandling is wrong but everyone needs to respect the laws of the land they found themselves. Resistance was wrong on their part, thank God for the timely intervention of the head of the retail traders there for Nigerians. Cost of doing business seems very high there in Ghana, but here in Nigeria, even the government frustrates the indigenous startups. They should regularize every of their papers, if Ghanaians don't want them by Making ease of doing business so low, they should come back home than live in frustration, depression then possibly die as a result.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Retailers' Shops In Ghana Locked Up As Police, Army, Flog Them by legitnow: 12:43pm On Aug 14, 2020
[s]
Graysons:

I don't have any problem with igbos, they need to respect people land and culture and stop disobeying the law of their host.

[/s]

U are our resident yoruba muslim biggot.
By their words you shall know them.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Retailers' Shops In Ghana Locked Up As Police, Army, Flog Them by SaintBishop: 12:44pm On Aug 14, 2020
Graysons:

Nawa, if you talk now they will scream that you are hating on them
It is well.
Re: Nigerian Retailers' Shops In Ghana Locked Up As Police, Army, Flog Them by legitnow: 12:46pm On Aug 14, 2020
SaintBishop:

Nawa, if you talk now they will scream that you are hating on them
It is well.

same yoruba muslim biggot with another moniker.
This is all too old nau.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

The Set Stage Of The FEC Banquet Ahead Of Cabinet Swearing In / Fani-kayode Reacts To Father Mbaka's Attack On Peter Obi / Supreme Court: PDP Uncovers APC’s Plot To Frustrate Reversal Of Imo Judgment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.