Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,638 members, 7,809,400 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:53 AM

Nigerian Retailers' Shops In Ghana Locked Up As Police, Army, Flog Them - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Retailers' Shops In Ghana Locked Up As Police, Army, Flog Them (35814 Views)

Makinde Distributes Over 100 Vehicles To Police, Army, Other Security Agencies / Ghanaians Ask Nigerian Retailers To Leave Their Country / Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Retailers' Shops In Ghana Locked Up As Police, Army, Flog Them by AregbeFufu: 11:03am On Aug 14, 2020
Aphrygian:

Ode ni e, there are many yorubas in Ghana, infact there is no ogbomosho family without a family member domiciled in Ghana, you better seek knowledge.
You dey mind those yoruba cowards, even when they know they are affected by the situation,they will pretend like they aren't affected and push everything to omo ibo.
That's how during the xenophobia madness they were all screaming ibo ibo ibo.
Only for us to see the SA returnees alighting from the evacuation plane singing yoruba songs.
I was shocked to find out that there were more Yorubas than igbos in SA, just that igbos are too loud.
Also when yoruba girls where crying out in Lebanon about being used as sex slaves,we didn't see any of them.
Don't be surprised many of those affected in Ghana are Yorubas but they will pretend as if all is fine while screaming ibo ibo ibo.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Retailers' Shops In Ghana Locked Up As Police, Army, Flog Them by edoairways: 11:05am On Aug 14, 2020
freshkpomo:
Verdict: Meanwhile some mumu feel say BBN na the solution to their problem, awon suffering and smiling gent.

A united youth is an unstoppable force

#NYM

Nigerians are suffering and smiling

Big brother is an entertainment show same way football league and movies are

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Retailers' Shops In Ghana Locked Up As Police, Army, Flog Them by SpecialAdviser(m): 11:05am On Aug 14, 2020
Kennyswag:
They don't want igbos in their country.. same way I don't want igbos in my place

Because you lack the sagacity to compete with them.

Take it easy so that envy and jealousy will not kill you.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Retailers' Shops In Ghana Locked Up As Police, Army, Flog Them by Sleekfingers: 11:06am On Aug 14, 2020
GeneralPula:
Ghana is a very stupid country..

Spitt on them and did tax collectors!

sad

u call ghana a stupid country....do u know that ghana is developing fast? They might not have the population....but the country is investors friendly.....

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Retailers' Shops In Ghana Locked Up As Police, Army, Flog Them by Silentgroper(m): 11:06am On Aug 14, 2020
Aphrygian:

Ode ni e, there are many yorubas in Ghana, infact there is no ogbomosho family without a family member domiciled in Ghana, you better seek knowledge.
. Just as there is alot of ghanian in ogbomosho. Even my hostel landlord is ghanian

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Retailers' Shops In Ghana Locked Up As Police, Army, Flog Them by Omoejigbahe(m): 11:06am On Aug 14, 2020
This is what you get when you have men of crass in power, it's so pathetic. For the idiot insulting ibos, you need to have your head examined.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Retailers' Shops In Ghana Locked Up As Police, Army, Flog Them by Anago55: 11:07am On Aug 14, 2020
Saifulah:

If this is true, then there is a serious problem. Igbos need to get their act and attitudes together both home and abroad. And Nigerians need to react to this as a Nigerian problem not treat it as just a problem for the igbos
. Can you imagine how you guys are hell-bent on tarnishing Igbo image globally simply because of envy. yorubas should have a rethink about this their campaign of calumny against Igbo nation as this may come back to hunt them in no distance time

you have succeeded in pitching the hausas against the igbos with your claim that Igbo man is unelectable in their own country ,as if that wasn't enough, you want to replicate it at the world stage,

one day monkey will go market,e no go come back

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Retailers' Shops In Ghana Locked Up As Police, Army, Flog Them by SmartPolician: 11:07am On Aug 14, 2020
legitnow:
Too many Nigerians have died in Ghana because of all this nonsense, because they had invested in shops, goods and even Ghana government had collected huge sums of money from them, only to come back and lock their goods in their shop, leaving them with no money to afford health care, education and food.

I have followed the debate online
The Ghanaians always insist that they have existing laws that no foreign-owned small-scale business is allowed to operate in their country.
Their argument is that they are just few in the country
So, if they allow foreigners to come in their numbers, they will dominate the space and drive their people out of business.
Why question is, Why do Nigerians still go there to start small-scale businesses when they know that they have such laws in place?
Perhaps Nigerians are just being our lawless selves, believing that with some tips everything is possible.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Retailers' Shops In Ghana Locked Up As Police, Army, Flog Them by edoairways: 11:09am On Aug 14, 2020
afroxyz:

So Ghanaians now understand igbo and yoruba? You guys are demented
You forgot that many Ghanaians lived in Nigeria, watched our movies and music, inter marry with us?

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Retailers' Shops In Ghana Locked Up As Police, Army, Flog Them by Olichoke: 11:09am On Aug 14, 2020
legitnow:
Tear gas, pepper spray, flogging, kicking, punching pushing and general beating of Nigeria traders, even Pregnant Nigeria woman.

It is time Nigeria Government call to Ecowas attention the violation of Nigeria rights by Ghana authority.

Ghana cannot be trading freely and living in Ecowas couuntries, whilst everyday in Ghana our citizens are humiliated and molested.

Else we return all Ghanaians to live and do business in Ghana and put an end to all this nonsense.

Nigeria government must be seen to act and do so with other Ecowas member state.

The ghanians are wrong and should be called to order now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoX9mB_k_XU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rSukl8sorA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pibiIAxEf0Q
Donald Trump has always been right about Africans and blacks in particular.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Retailers' Shops In Ghana Locked Up As Police, Army, Flog Them by Deborah98(f): 11:09am On Aug 14, 2020
Kennyswag:
They don't want igbos in their country.. same way I don't want igbos in my place
and who needs your opinion,stop the hate,we don't need tribalism here please

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Retailers' Shops In Ghana Locked Up As Police, Army, Flog Them by Anago55: 11:10am On Aug 14, 2020
Graysons:

Can you blame them? Who want igbos? I'm from the south south yet I don't want igbos.

Those guys don't have respect for people culture give them chance and they will take chances.

Go to baysela and see what igbos are doing to baysela people they are terrorizing them,raping under age girls, using baysela children for rituals, and so on.

Now tell me, who want such people in their place? You guess right no one.
. If you are not from the south south, you will die before the next market days but if you are from the Niger Delta aside Ondo,may all the beautiful things on Earth locate you at the same period

I want you to echo Amen

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Retailers' Shops In Ghana Locked Up As Police, Army, Flog Them by tesseract: 11:10am On Aug 14, 2020
Kennyswag:
Shameful undecided
Re: Nigerian Retailers' Shops In Ghana Locked Up As Police, Army, Flog Them by edoairways: 11:11am On Aug 14, 2020
hammer3:
WEN I SAY, BLACK PEOPLE ARE WORST THAN ANIMALS, THEY THINK AM MAD.

ARE GHANIANS NOT ENGAGE IN RETAIL TRADE IN OTHER COUNTRIES?

WHO GAVE THE NIGERIANS SHOP? SAME GHANIANS
Exactly!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Retailers' Shops In Ghana Locked Up As Police, Army, Flog Them by SmartPolician: 11:13am On Aug 14, 2020
PROUDIGBO:

So true! Black Africans are amongst the most hypocritical and nasty set of people on earth! The fools will be joining black Americans to shout 'black lives matter', yet the wicked, jealous and intolerant mofos do worse to their fellow black Africans!

The way these intolerant Ghanaians worship anything white, i doubt they would treat even Lebanese, Indians and Arabs -never mind full obroni-whites- the way they treat Nigerians! Their problem is envy and inability to compete!

This rubbish wouldn't be a reoccuring decimal if we had proactive gov't that actually cares. Also, part of the problem is the diminished status of Nigeria in regional, continental and world affairs!

You are just being emotional and melodramatic

I have followed the debate online

The Ghanaians always insist that they have existing laws that forbid foreign-owned small-scale business in their country.

Their argument is that they are just few in the country. So, if they allow foreigners to come in their numbers, they will dominate the space and drive their people out of business.

Why question is, Why do Nigerians still go there to start small-scale businesses when they know that they have such laws in place?

Perhaps Nigerians are just being our lawless selves, believing that with some tips everything is possible.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Retailers' Shops In Ghana Locked Up As Police, Army, Flog Them by wink2015(m): 11:16am On Aug 14, 2020
SEGLIZ:
this country are really wanting trouble already.
the international community is seeing but turning blind eye, if Nigeria reacts they cry foul.

WHICH INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY?

Nigeria has lost its roles in the west africa sub region.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Retailers' Shops In Ghana Locked Up As Police, Army, Flog Them by moneyissweet(m): 11:16am On Aug 14, 2020
Bastard.

Kennyswag:

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Retailers' Shops In Ghana Locked Up As Police, Army, Flog Them by ZooOga: 11:20am On Aug 14, 2020
i thought the big oga went over there and straightened out our Ghanaian friends once and for all. i look forward to his next broadcast or social media posting concerning this news wink

A Lady Spotted Nnamdi Kanu In Ghana, December 2017

https://www.nairaland.com/4370662/lady-spotted-nnamdi-kanu-ghana
Re: Nigerian Retailers' Shops In Ghana Locked Up As Police, Army, Flog Them by temptnow: 11:21am On Aug 14, 2020
If Nigerian government allow this to fly, then I will completely give up on this country.

How can Ghanaians be coming into this country to buy goods and also sale in our retail and restaurants businesses and they won't allow Nigerians do business in their own country

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Retailers' Shops In Ghana Locked Up As Police, Army, Flog Them by alizma: 11:21am On Aug 14, 2020
That is not like Nigeria where you can gamble with the law and policy of the land. In some of these small neighboring countries, they don't joke with their policy. When they give you deadline to pay and you failed to meet up, they will only give you 5days grace period and thereafter they will come for you with full force. Before you quote me and type rubbish, make sure you have data to watch and listen to the interview first.
In those countries, there is nothing like I have started paying, if you can't meet up on the deadline date and the grace period elapse, they don't listen to excuses because they know that everyone will have one excuse or the other.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Retailers' Shops In Ghana Locked Up As Police, Army, Flog Them by Wiseandtrue(f): 11:21am On Aug 14, 2020
ThatFairGuy:
I think we've had enough

"Ghana cannot be trading freely and living in Ecowas couuntries, whilst everyday in Ghana our citizens are humiliated and molested.
Else we return all Ghanaians to live and do business in Ghana and put an end to all this nonsense"
Does the Nigerian government reason the way you do
Re: Nigerian Retailers' Shops In Ghana Locked Up As Police, Army, Flog Them by alizma: 11:22am On Aug 14, 2020
temptnow:
If Nigerian government allow this to fly, then I will completely give up on this country.

How can Ghanaians be coming into this country to buy goods and also sale in our retail and restaurants businesses and they won't allow Nigerians do business in their own country
Listen watch d video and listen carefully before you criticize
Re: Nigerian Retailers' Shops In Ghana Locked Up As Police, Army, Flog Them by Graysons: 11:22am On Aug 14, 2020
PROUDIGBO:

'You're from south-south' my black ass!

Dude, you're NOT from south-south given the kind of lying and pathetic anti-Igbo sentiments you express! The only set of people that despise Igbos this much are Yoruba and core northern muslims.....specifically Fulani! There's loads of you shameless impostors on this forum, trying to sell a false narrative!

You kid no one....not even yourself!

I am from the south south and you igbos are worst than devil.where is the lie? You igbos are using baysela children for money rituals and I can prove that to you with facts.

https://www.blueprint.ng/suspected-ritualist-invades-bayelsa-targets-children-manhood/

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Retailers' Shops In Ghana Locked Up As Police, Army, Flog Them by Wiseandtrue(f): 11:23am On Aug 14, 2020
Millimann:
That's because they know our government cannot do anything.
They can't try it under Abacha or Obasanjo.
Even under GEJ sef undecided
Re: Nigerian Retailers' Shops In Ghana Locked Up As Police, Army, Flog Them by sonso: 11:23am On Aug 14, 2020
Millimann:
That's because they know our government cannot do anything.
They can't try it under Abacha or Obasanjo.

Yes they know.
Useless Giant.

Meanwhile if you want to own a biz.
Get the book below at no cost

Re: Nigerian Retailers' Shops In Ghana Locked Up As Police, Army, Flog Them by Nobody: 11:23am On Aug 14, 2020
Re: Nigerian Retailers' Shops In Ghana Locked Up As Police, Army, Flog Them by temptnow: 11:23am On Aug 14, 2020
alizma:

Listen watch d video and listen carefully before you criticize

The only thing I want to listen right now is that we must start attacking all Ghanaians

Re: Nigerian Retailers' Shops In Ghana Locked Up As Police, Army, Flog Them by Sleekfingers: 11:24am On Aug 14, 2020
afroxyz:

if u dont know....many of them understand our language....especially hausa and yoruba language....i believe u know that back in the day...we have many ghanaian teachers, lecturers etc......lots of them married to nigerians....even during the ghana must go bullshits....many of them didnt go..... So these people know us like A B C.....

Nigerians should learn to obey and respect the law of their host country....i can bet if thorough investigation is to be conducted . Na nigerians go dey at fault......

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Retailers' Shops In Ghana Locked Up As Police, Army, Flog Them by Mowsid(m): 11:26am On Aug 14, 2020
Kiln:
bia ndị Igbo are hard time hustlers and not everyone in Nigeria

Then you haven't really seen hard time hustlers
Re: Nigerian Retailers' Shops In Ghana Locked Up As Police, Army, Flog Them by tsspsolutions: 11:30am On Aug 14, 2020
The Ghanaians are smart and understand the concept of self-preservation. We need to chase out Asians (Chinese, Indians and Lebanese) retailers out of Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Retailers' Shops In Ghana Locked Up As Police, Army, Flog Them by degelinglacis: 11:31am On Aug 14, 2020
afroxyz:

My GH friends in Dubai know who are not igbos and those that are not. Do you know they've Hausas among them?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Retailers' Shops In Ghana Locked Up As Police, Army, Flog Them by AregbeFufu: 11:33am On Aug 14, 2020
Revolva:
Truth to be told when I was in Ghana they were asking me if I was Igbo or other tribe from Nigeria

They don't like igbos I swear .
, My advise to you guys if you know you want to do business in Ghana don't speak Igbo to their hearing ..speak pidgin to your fellow Naija brother o..the day they know you are Igbo ..the day they hate you passionately..u less you prove to them that you are not but explanation of the various minority tribes surrounding majority tribes

Exactly, same way we were told that south Africans only hates igbos. During their xenophobic attack,they will first interview you whether you are igbo or yoruba to determine whether to attack.
Only for majority of the returnees begging for evacuation, eventually happened to be yoruba.
You see you yoruba people, the propaganda and hate you people love to preach against the igbos is what will consume you eventually.
That is what will make your day abi,to hear that only igbos are hated in Ghana.
Despicable tribe.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

DSS Raises The Alarm Over Plot To Incite Violence / Why Osinbajo Visited Reddington Hospital - Laolu Akande / Banditry: Philip Shaibu Indicts Obaseki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.