Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,692 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? - Crime (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? (38823 Views)

Zimbabwean Wife Stabs Husband For Interrupting Her Sex Session With Her Lovers / Wife Hires Thugs To Beat Husband For Slapping Her, He Dies / Man Charged For Rape After Sucking Lady’s Breasts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by smallsmall: 3:43am On Aug 16, 2020
SegFault:

Rubbish. Because a woman chooses to stay with a man does not mean that he owns her it is the same vice versa. You people are just affirming what people think about marriage, slavery with cheap benefits, this is why Africans will remain ever backwards, our inability to reason and be rational is in the dustbin. Slave morality undecided

Stop this your asinine stupidity.
You are just a brain-washed m0r0n, the real mentally enslaved blackman who cannot think with his God given brain!
Despite all the evidence a lot of people here have shown you that it is IMPOSSIBLE to sue your husband for Rape, because sexual consent is given in perpetuity in a marriage vow and the constitution of Nigeria abhors it, you still jump around parroting your stupidty online? shocked

No one said your wife is your property or your slave, you are the extremely blind and backward African that the Whites have used two sticks of Ciggarrtte to enslave.
What people have told you and what you need to sink into that your bony head is that A Wife in NIGERIA, cannot sue her husband for Rape.
Rape is not a "known offense" in marriage, under the marriage act or under the constitution and consent for spousal sex is implied, perpetual as long as the marriage subsists. Period.

The option of divorcing a violent spouse is ALWAYS Open to either of the spouses, at any time.
Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by smallsmall: 3:45am On Aug 16, 2020
SyberKate:

Like seriously you don't have a better comeback you had to involve my kids, wow

Ignore her, she is just an empty dingbat masquerading as someone with an idea on topical issues.
Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by Nobody: 4:59am On Aug 16, 2020
smallsmall:

Stop this your asinine stupidity.
You are just a brain-washed m0r0n, the real mentally enslaved blackman who cannot think with his God given brain!
Despite all the evidence a lot of people here have shown you that it is IMPOSSIBLE to sue your husband for Rape, because sexual consent is given in perpetuity in a marriage vow and the constitution of Nigeria abhors it, you still jump around parroting your stupidty online? shocked

No one said your wife is your property or your slave, you are the extremely blind and backward African that the Whites have used two sticks of Ciggarrtte to enslave.
What people have told you and what you need to sink into that your bony head is that A Wife in NIGERIA, cannot sue her husband for Rape.
Rape is not a "known offense" in marriage, under the marriage act or under the constitution and consent for spousal sex is implied, perpetual as long as the marriage subsists. Period.

The option of divorcing a violent spouse is ALWAYS Open to either of the spouses, at any time.
Slave morality. undecidedundecided I think for myself unlike a slave like you who moves along with the herd. Ignorance at its best. If you are so dumb not to read a comment where I said it is not valid in Nigeria (is sense valid here?) then go to bed and stop beating around the bush like a child. Slave.
Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by Nobody: 5:03am On Aug 16, 2020
SyberKate:

I like this your analogy, so following this your analogy does it mean the husband should go and sue the wife in this scenario.
I think not
Yes it is theft. I will sue her if I feel like it. That is how life is, marriage is not slavery.
Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by gbami(m): 6:09am On Aug 16, 2020
Respect55:

I wanted to read but when I noticed you are trying to equate material thing to marital responsibility, I stopped.
The last time I will respond to you and others...
While you and the rest are busy trying to justify rape under the pretence of marriage, under the pretence of "I paid her bride price so I own her, She is my wife, or my husband, his or her body is mine...It is People's reality, women, ladies and few men are raped under the pretence of any relationship..
Rape is real..Any person can be a victim under any circumstances or relationship, and just because it is difficult to prove under marriage doesn't mean it never happens...
Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by Respect55(m): 7:48am On Aug 16, 2020
gbami:

The last time I will respond to you and others...
While you and the rest are busy trying to justify rape under the pretence of marriage, under the pretence of "I paid her bride price so I own her, She is my wife, or my husband, his or her body is mine...It is People's reality, women, ladies and few men are raped under the pretence of any relationship..
Rape is real..Any person can be a victim under any circumstances or relationship, and just because it is difficult to prove under marriage doesn't mean it never happens...
Unfortunately, the court don't entertain emotion to which ur argument is based on. From the look of things, you should read more about marriage.
Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by mightyhazell: 8:24am On Aug 16, 2020
I can never rape anyone in my life.. wifey inclusive..

if my wife is indisposed,due to childbirth,early pregnancy,health or state of mind ,etc .. I will let her be and if she don't want me around,I can walk over to the liquor cabinet n amuse myself or better still engage the kids with a physical or mental session.. dire case scenerio I could go out to a nearby bar and take in the scenes

Forcing myself on my wife will be the craziest thing I will ever do.. just consideting it now sef has turned my stomach
Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by kushme: 8:32am On Aug 16, 2020
DemonInvoker:

Another reason why you don't just dive into marriage.
You must check and Balance most things.
I remember,a girl I told myself I was going settle down with even before knowing most things about her.
After first night together,bro the girl no dey gree me rest.
Some nights before morning na 5rounds coz she doesn't get satisfied,talkless of tired.
Every time na me dey run unless she just wants to pretend that just one round was okay.
Me wey think say I too like sex coz of how my exes before her normally complains.
Me Taya for the chic at a point.
One day,I was really tired from work but before I know babe don dey give me bj.i come manage do one before I know while I dey try won sleep the babe don start to kiss and romance me again.The next thing she don climb me,bro I push her down.That night we quarrelled,I even called her a freak coz me never jam babe wey no dey Taya.Thats ehn she won finish me with sex.Any small time we dey together na sex sex,so tay I come dey get back pain,headaches,footaches.Even the first time we made out I sense am say this babe go too like sex oooo.I notice say na when me don dey feel say I don do so much for the day, she dey start her own.I gbaga and if I tell you say na too much sex make me run from her you no go believe me bro.
Guy, You check am if to say I marry that kind babe no be quarrel and fight I for sign uo
up for?
So what an I saying,such babe go need guy wey go level up her own libido strides.
Like a woman should go for a man she can compete with in bed.
I don date plenty babes wey when e don dey hungry me e just be like na then too their hunger for sex dey start.No complains or No I'm tired.It just falls into place perfectly.
Marriage is for the sexually active peeps but you must choose your spouses wisely.
No go open your eyes marry Cain Cain master or oga waya waya come dey do no no, I'm not in the mood for am oooo.
My dear,you go take am unwillingly coz by then the oga go dey reason with him dick.

cheesy grin . Las las make people dey try to dey with people dem match sexually with and understand each other..
Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by adekS1(m): 8:51am On Aug 16, 2020

Punch news
Marital rape under Nigerian lawj
September 3, 2017

Kaine Agary

As human beings evolve and our societies change, our laws must keep up with the changes and define our interactions in the context of our new societies. There are many areas of our laws in Nigeria that have not kept up with the times. And there are areas of modern Nigerian society that need the guiding hands of legislature or pronouncements from the courts.

The Nigerian Criminal Code in Section 357 states that, “Any person who has unlawful carnal knowledge of a woman or girl, without her consent, or with her consent, if the consent is obtained by force or by means of threats or intimidation of any kind, or by fear of harm, or by means of false and fraudulent representation as to the nature of the act, or, in the case of a married woman, by personating her husband, is guilty of an offence which is called rape.”

Section 6 of the Criminal Code defines unlawful carnal knowledge as that which takes place otherwise than between husband and wife; and the offence is complete upon penetration. In other words, marital rape is not an offence in Nigeria. A husband cannot rape his wife. It is assumed that the wife gives implied general consent to sexual intercourse with her husband upon entering the marriage contract. This implied consent is revocable either by an order of a court or a separation agreement. In his book, History of the Pleas of the Crown (1736), Sir Matthew Hale wrote, “But the husband cannot be guilty of a rape committed by himself upon his lawful wife, for by their mutual matrimonial consent and contract the wife hath given herself up in this kind unto her husband which she cannot retract.”

In the Penal Code, Section 281(1) provides that: “A man is said to commit rape who… has sexual intercourse with a woman in any of the following circumstances – (a) against her will; (b) without her consent; (c) with her consent, when her consent has been obtained by putting her in fear of death or of hurt; (d) with her consent, when the man knows that he is not her husband and that her consent is given because she believes that he is another man to whom she is or believes herself to be lawfully married; (e) with or without her consent, when she is under fourteen years of age or of unsound mind.”

Similarly, under the Penal Code, there is no offence of marital rape, provided the wife has attained the age of puberty.

Criticism of the provisions on rape under both codes raises at least three issues: (1) the offence of rape is gender specific, only men can commit the offence of rape; (2) the act amounting to rape is limited to penile penetration of the vagina – anal or MouthAction or penetration using objects or other parts of the body such as the tongue or finger, do not constitute sexual intercourse for the offence of rape; and (3) marital rape – both codes provide (with certain exceptions) that sexual intercourse between a husband and wife cannot constitute the offence of rape.

SO WE CAN NOW READ THIS AND BURY THIS TOPIC COMPLETELY
Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by cooooooks(m): 4:07pm On Aug 16, 2020
Husband and wife are the head.

Don't marry somebody you are sexually incompatible with.

Marriage is a partnership for, among other things, mutual advancement.

ume1000:
What then is marriage to the man

Is it slavery to the woman's need ?
Does he have to beg the woman for sex?

Who then is the head of the home the man or the woman?
Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by cooooooks(m): 4:13pm On Aug 16, 2020
Activists against bride price agree.

Miniso:
Nah, he paid for it undecided,
Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by OLULAW: 5:12pm On Aug 16, 2020
bukatyne:

Does this law also happen both ways?

Can a man sue his wife/ partner for rape?

Yes. Apologies for not being gender neutral in communicating this fact.
Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by bukatyne(f): 5:22pm On Aug 16, 2020
OLULAW:

Yes. Apologies for not being gender neutral in communicating this fact.

No wahala, happy Sunday.
Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by Kingnelson9: 7:45pm On Aug 16, 2020
Muna4real:

Yes. I'm Muna4real cheesy
munachimso myself
Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by ume1000: 10:14pm On Aug 16, 2020
cooooooks:
[/b]Husband and wife are the head.[/b]

Don't marry somebody you are sexually incompatible with.

Marriage is a partnership for, among other things, mutual advancement.

the Bible says the man is the head of the home, and that a man or woman in marriage should not deny each other sex

If as a man you let a woman do as she sees fit all in the name of gender equality (a concept that advocates for equal opportunities but unequal responsibilities )

Then you are just been manipulated
Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by ume1000: 10:23pm On Aug 16, 2020
Shugavee:
always ask for consent mr man , per her , get her gifts . That’s the way normal people do things. Care and love her right. Sex won’t be a problem. If it persist get a divorce
if a married woman always need gifts and cuddling before engaging in sex
SHE IS A PROSTITUTE
Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by cooooooks(m): 10:26pm On Aug 16, 2020
Living your life based on the misunderstood interpretations of a thousand year old book of fables is weird.

I hooe you do not eat shrimp or wear mixed linens. I also hope you banish all women during their periods because they are unclean.

ume1000:
the Bible says the man is the head of the home, and that a man or woman in marriage should not deny each other sex

If as a man you let a woman do as she sees fit all in the name of gender equality (a concept that advocates for equal opportunities but unequal responsibilities )

Then you are just been manipulated
Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by Nobody: 12:18am On Aug 17, 2020
kushme:
cheesy grin . Las las make people dey try to dey with people dem match sexually with and understand each other..
Straight UP!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

12 Victims Rescued From Blessings Of Goodness Healing Church, Lagos (Video, Pics / Couple Commits Suicide By Hanging In Bangladesh (Disturbing Photos) / Mentally-Challenged Man Jumps To His Death After Being Set Ablaze By Angry Mob

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.