Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,805 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? (38834 Views)

Zimbabwean Wife Stabs Husband For Interrupting Her Sex Session With Her Lovers / Wife Hires Thugs To Beat Husband For Slapping Her, He Dies / Man Charged For Rape After Sucking Lady’s Breasts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by PDPGuy: 10:11pm On Aug 14, 2020
Depending on the jurisdiction, a woman can PRESS CHARGES (not sue) on her hubby for rape.
You only sue in a non-criminal matter

1 Like

Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by ReeLoaDead(m): 10:11pm On Aug 14, 2020
That is the same question Barca players are asking today ...

5 Likes

Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by Mraphel: 10:11pm On Aug 14, 2020
No
Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by ednut1(m): 10:12pm On Aug 14, 2020
In Nigeria no
Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by Lawalemi(m): 10:12pm On Aug 14, 2020
Assuming I'm the judge, I will dismiss the case.

Sex is part of marriage.

4 Likes

Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by duscollins: 10:12pm On Aug 14, 2020
Yes, if the man connives with the third party to do so.
Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by Benwallt(m): 10:12pm On Aug 14, 2020
You would heading back to your father's house from the court.
Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by Dchampion65: 10:12pm On Aug 14, 2020
Constitutioanlly NO but a wife can charge her husband for a grievous bodily harm.
Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by walewriter: 10:12pm On Aug 14, 2020
This is unrelated. But I'll 8-2 to be a Barca fan right now. Now, that's the definition of rape.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by Reference(m): 10:13pm On Aug 14, 2020
Yes.
Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by GeneralPula: 10:15pm On Aug 14, 2020
Well, Bayern(Husband) has raped Barca(Wife) today..

Saddest thing is Barca(Wife) can’t do shii abou it..

Because it’s a Legal rape..

grin

2 Likes

Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by Akpacha(m): 10:15pm On Aug 14, 2020
Abeg! Leave us with this rhetorical question, we never get over Barca lost.
Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by luminouz(m): 10:15pm On Aug 14, 2020
Another thread for useless gender fights undecided undecided undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Aug 14, 2020
Yes. Ask me why in Zimbabwe language
Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by igwedubai2(m): 10:16pm On Aug 14, 2020
Yes. A man can rape his wife. Because isn't d consent.of d woman[
Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Aug 14, 2020
PDPGuy:
Depending on the jurisdiction, a woman can PRESS CHARGES (not sue) on her hubby for rape.
You only sue in a non-criminal matter

In Nigeria or USA?
Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by DWJOBScom(m): 10:16pm On Aug 14, 2020
Yes yes yes yes yes
Once she says stop please stop

2 Likes

Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Aug 14, 2020
Muna4real:

In some tribes, men don't pay bride price. They collect the woman for free. While some women pay the bride price of their men like in India. So that "payment " is not an excuse.
Are you in India?
Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by integrity16(m): 10:16pm On Aug 14, 2020
Nah! Maybe you can sue him for other things like someone mentioned sexual violence up there, but I want you to consider the outcomes, it would definitely not be in your favour in a country like Nigeria.
Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by Deborahov(f): 10:17pm On Aug 14, 2020
Yes o.she can sue the husband. When the man forcefully do it.without the wife agreeing.it is call rape.if I use law terms many will nt understand.

1 Like

Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by extol1(m): 10:18pm On Aug 14, 2020
lightangel65i:

Stop using india as an excuse we are in naija for petes sake where bride price reaches up to 10 million, and yes its a big deal parents are selling their daughters as goods, that's why i never liked the practice. But in my place bride price is 50nairA
tell me your tribe, and be rest assured that I will come and marry from there
Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by fatymore(f): 10:18pm On Aug 14, 2020
No.

Why deny your husband sex in the first place

6by7_4500

1 Like

Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Aug 14, 2020
shocked

Well... If its too much and putting your health at risk, you can sue him to resett his brain.

Why would a man rape his wife though?
Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by Chirowman(m): 10:19pm On Aug 14, 2020
can a man sue his wife for rape or you haven't heard that women rape men .if there's anything like rape in marriage that means marriage is useless .

3 Likes

Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by Fuckingmallam45(m): 10:19pm On Aug 14, 2020
Being married does not suddenly remove the need for consent.

You always need consent. Always. 100% of the time, regardless of what your relationship status is.

A husband absolutely, unequivocally, needs consent from his wife to touch and have sex with her. However, most long-term couples will have developed enough rapport that explicit consent is generally not needed, but that does not mean that consent is not required, and consent can still be revoked at any time. If the husband continues after his wife has revoked consent, that is rape. Period.
To the question, Why *wouldn't* someone be able to sue their spouse for an assault committed against them? Being married has no relevance to this matter whatsoever. Crime is crime, and everyone is held under the law equally -- yes, even one's spouse.

7 Likes

Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by EmploymentHubCV: 10:19pm On Aug 14, 2020
Yes

Need a professional resume service/LinkedIn optimization??
Please contact EmployementHubCV on 08080756701
Why EHCV?!!
We write a visually appealing resume'
Personalize your resume to match the job requirements.
Focus on achievements, not just duties and responsibilities.
Quantify whenever possible.
Our resume length is appropriate for each level 
Focus only on relevant information.
Hurry call or WhatsApp 08080756701
Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by letitrainnow(m): 10:19pm On Aug 14, 2020
That is arant nonsense.
Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by Blackmiserable(m): 10:20pm On Aug 14, 2020
Lawalemi:
Assuming I'm the judge, I will dismiss the case.

Sex is part of marriage.

Lol. You are not the lawyer.

grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by wale377(m): 10:20pm On Aug 14, 2020
Under Nigerian law ..... husband cannot rape his wife...

1 Like

Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by Nobody: 10:20pm On Aug 14, 2020
NO means NO, even in marriage. So, yes, she can.

1 Like

Re: Can A Woman Sue Her Husband For Rape? by osaze20: 10:21pm On Aug 14, 2020
Not in nigeria.please help me.my family is dying of hunger.anything will be appreciated...021887 65 62 gtb

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Couple Commits Suicide By Hanging In Bangladesh (Disturbing Photos) / Mentally-Challenged Man Jumps To His Death After Being Set Ablaze By Angry Mob / 5 Kenyan School Boys Sneak Into Girls' Hostel, Caught & Tied By Soldier (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.