Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,602 members, 7,955,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:43 PM

My Poultry Diary - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Poultry Diary (3455 Views)

My Poultry Journey... / My Poultry Farming Experience! / This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Poultry Diary by mcdokwe(m): 5:07pm On Sep 03, 2020
jidestroud:

Cockerel na native foul na grin cheesy

All the best boss. God's speed on your cockerel addition to your pen. By the way, I still consider N3,500 for those things on the high side.

Don't worry, I just may help you with tips to help with their feeding to cut down cost when the time arises. Cockerel na brain oooo. (Annoying birds angry )

You na boss, I appreciate!

About the cost, it is well, na learn we still dey.

Thank sir for the offer of help, I will reach out.
Re: My Poultry Diary by Mnewton(m): 8:16pm On Sep 05, 2020
mcdokwe:

I bought from a seller in umuahia @ 26k I.e 520/ chick and that includes the cost for vaccination.
thanks bro
Re: My Poultry Diary by mcdokwe(m): 9:11pm On Sep 07, 2020
The cockerels have been acquired and fully integrated into the brooding room.

Their tiny legs no be here, with what's been said about them, na only pity dey make me still leave dem for my brooder and feeding them with chicken feed instead of chaff.

Nearly burnt my birds trying to keep them warm embarassed but thankfully they're all fine.

The broilers have clocked one week and are still 100% intact.

In all we have 102 birds in our brooder.

Stressful but fun-filled still.
Re: My Poultry Diary by jidestroud(m): 9:24pm On Sep 07, 2020
mcdokwe:
The cockerels have been acquired and fully integrated into the brooding room.

Their tiny legs no be here, with what's been said about them, na only pity dey make me still leave dem for my brooder and feeding them with chicken feed instead of chaff.

Nearly burnt my birds trying to keep them warm embarassed but thankfully they're all fine.

The broilers have clocked one week and are still 100% intact.

In all we have 102 birds in our brooder.

Stressful but fun-filled still.
Hurray!!! Our birds are in. Following you back to back.

Abeg no feed them chaff ooo fa!!! Pls feed them well well bikonu grin
Re: My Poultry Diary by mcdokwe(m): 9:38pm On Sep 07, 2020
jidestroud:

Hurray!!! Our birds are in. Following you back to back.

Abeg no feed them chaff ooo fa!!! Pls feed them well well bikonu grin

You want wreck me? grin

Abeg I fit get your WhatsApp digits?
Re: My Poultry Diary by mcdokwe(m): 9:50pm On Sep 07, 2020
The three weeks old birds are receiving less attention now but currently weigh approximately 1 kg.

I no sell again, I have about 10 left and people still think it is expensive @ 900 naira after all my efforts, thank goodness I never raised them with the intention to sell, now I'm going to watch them grow for my personal delight and consumption.
Re: My Poultry Diary by Redomi(m): 1:31pm On Sep 08, 2020
mcdokwe:
The three weeks old birds are receiving less attention now but currently weigh approximately 1 kg.

I no sell again, I have about 10 left and people still think it is expensive @ 900 naira after all my efforts, thank goodness I never raised them with the intention to sell, now I'm going to watch them grow for my personal delight and consumption.
Boss, you use gas as heater? is charcoal not better?
Re: My Poultry Diary by mcdokwe(m): 5:49pm On Sep 08, 2020
Redomi:

Boss, you use gas as heater? is charcoal not better?

It was temporary. I mostly use coal and electricity, though epileptic.
Re: My Poultry Diary by mcdokwe(m): 6:42pm On Sep 08, 2020
@ 3 weeks plus

Re: My Poultry Diary by mcdokwe(m): 3:52pm On Sep 19, 2020
The first batch @ 5 weeks plus. I'm just tempted to "off the neck" of one to see if it really tastes like chicken.

Re: My Poultry Diary by mcdokwe(m): 4:00pm On Sep 19, 2020
2nd batch is 19 days old. Selling would commence on Monday @ weeks.

Lost 4, felt really bad because the were lost in their second week. I thought that having survived the first week without mortalities, that we were good to go.
It taught me that though wood shavings are good liters to use, carton serves better so their stools can be easily monitored for signs of diseases.

Still learning, we move.

Re: My Poultry Diary by mcdokwe(m): 9:15pm On Sep 20, 2020
26 gone...

Re: My Poultry Diary by mcdokwe(m): 8:22am On Sep 28, 2020
Been very occupied lately, however all but 2 birds I chose to reserve from the 2 batch of broilers have been cleared.

An order was placed for 2 cartons, but only one was delivered, we're hoping to pick the rest tomorrow and integrate them to the farm.

I sourced my birds for protein yesterday and it was an emotional moment for me but sha that's why they were raised and I'm happier for the effort.
Re: My Poultry Diary by FarmTech(m): 9:59pm On Sep 28, 2020
mcdokwe:
2nd batch is 19 days old. Selling would commence on Monday @ weeks.

Lost 4, felt really bad because the were lost in their second week. I thought that having survived the first week without mortalities, that we were good to go.
It taught me that though wood shavings are good liters to use, carton serves better so their stools can be easily monitored for signs of diseases.

Still learning, we move.
Wood shavings is better. Cartons will make the floor wet and that means diseases. The ones that died, what were the symptoms?
Re: My Poultry Diary by mcdokwe(m): 11:18pm On Sep 28, 2020
FarmTech:

Wood shavings is better. Cartons will make the floor wet and that means diseases. The ones that died, what were the symptoms?

Mostly sluggishness and weak arms.
Re: My Poultry Diary by FarmTech(m): 9:14pm On Sep 30, 2020
mcdokwe:

Mostly sluggishness and weak arms.
. A pic of them and their droppings would have help.
Re: My Poultry Diary by Nobody: 7:34pm On Oct 02, 2020
mcdokwe:
Been very occupied lately, however all but 2 birds I chose to reserve from the 2 batch of broilers have been cleared.

An order was placed for 2 cartons, but only one was delivered, we're hoping to pick the rest tomorrow and integrate them to the farm.

I sourced my birds for protein yesterday and it was an emotional moment for me but sha that's why they were raised and I'm happier for the effort.

please sir, I need your WhatsApp number? I want to know how much you spend on feeds for DOC and some other things...
Re: My Poultry Diary by mcdokwe(m): 10:59pm On Oct 02, 2020
NewSoul:

please sir, I need your WhatsApp number? I want to know how much you spend on feeds for DOC and some other things...

I guess I have to start keeping records as I don't really know the total cost of feed for the birds. I now have birds of different age and I feed them from a single source.
Re: My Poultry Diary by Ubenz: 11:43pm On Oct 02, 2020
Hi,

We have close to 10,000 broilers for sale currently and the 3,000 old layers, if you are interested, chat me up on 07055982188 and if you happen to know possibly buyers or processors/cold room that can buy this quantity of Chicken, kindly contact me on the number above. Thanks and God blessings.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rice Thresher Is Available For Sale / My Cabbage Garden / What Agricultural Business Can You Start Up With #60,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.