Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,808 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

Imo And Akwa Ibom State Tops Chart Of Unemployed Youths In Nigeria - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Imo And Akwa Ibom State Tops Chart Of Unemployed Youths In Nigeria (285 Views)

NDE Begins Registration Of Unemployed Persons In Anambra For National Planning / Mechanic Pictured Training His 2-Year-Old Son In Akwa Ibom State / Simple Jobs Unemployed Nigerians Can Do And Make Money On Fiverr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo And Akwa Ibom State Tops Chart Of Unemployed Youths In Nigeria by Antell95(m): 1:15pm On Aug 14, 2020
In a recent survey conducted by the National Bureau of Statistics, it was revealed that Imo State has an unemployment rate of 48.7% as at the second quarter of the year 2020, which is by far the highest when compared to any other state in the country. 75.1% of the total employable people in Imo State are either underemployed or unemployed.

Next on the list is Akwa Ibom State from the South-South region with an unemployment rate of 1.14 million people. The state’s underemployed population is about 551k people while the unemployment and underemployment rates combined is 66.9%.

More-so, Anambra State, a sister state to Imo state located in the South-Eastern part of Nigeria is the Best on the Chart. With the least unemployment in the country with 13.1% unemployment rate. About 1.9 million people in Anambra State are either fully employed (1.57 million) or under-employed (384k) in the state.

However, the National average for the unemployment rate pecks at 27.1%, 21.7 million Nigerians are unemployed.
See breakdown for Imo State:

Total number of employable people – 2.48 million
Fully employed people – 618, 481
Unemployed people in the state – 593. 347
Underemployed – 656, 394

Nigeria’s commercial capital, Lagos State where most graduates rush to for jobs has an unemployment rate of 19.5%. The state sits at 27 in the state by state unemployment ladder. The data revealed that about 6.8 million people make up the labour force population in Lagos State out of which 3.99 million people are fully employed and another 1.5 million people are underemployed.

In terms concentration of unemployed people, Rivers State is WORSE with a whopping 1.7 million JOBLESS people in the state. River State has a working population of 3.9 million.

Rivers State unemployment rate is 43.7 and ranks third as the worst.

Source: https://www.gistaroma.com/imo-and-akwa-ibom-state-tops-chart-of-unemployed-youths-in-nigeria/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Imo And Akwa Ibom State Tops Chart Of Unemployed Youths In Nigeria by Catabolism(m): 1:30pm On Aug 14, 2020
My State Akwa Ibom is a civil service state.There was lockdown nobody go work so how come sit at home become unemployment.But truth is most of the youth are into politics if you know what I mean.
Re: Imo And Akwa Ibom State Tops Chart Of Unemployed Youths In Nigeria by Antell95(m): 6:01pm On Aug 14, 2020
Catabolism:
My State Akwa Ibom is a civil service state.There was lockdown nobody go work so how come sit at home become unemployment.But truth is most of the youth are into politics if you know what I mean.

Yeah, they are all politicians, i am Akwa Ibomite too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Imo And Akwa Ibom State Tops Chart Of Unemployed Youths In Nigeria by Catabolism(m): 1:42pm On Aug 15, 2020
Antell95:

Yeah, they are all politicians, i am Akwa Ibomite too
Song idem o

(1) (Reply)

Can I Combine This Same Jobs At Same Time? / Help! Masters Degree Program Or A Professional Course / .....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.