Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

Statistics Of Unemployed Nigerians By Gender And Qualification. Do You Agree? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Statistics Of Unemployed Nigerians By Gender And Qualification. Do You Agree? (30857 Views)

Registration Of Unemployed Graduates By The NDE / Association Of Unemployed Graduates Of Nigeria Signpost Spotted In Enugu / FG To Recruit 5,000 Unemployed Nigerians Under BRISIN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Statistics Of Unemployed Nigerians By Gender And Qualification. Do You Agree? by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 4:13pm On Aug 14, 2020
Cha E
Re: Statistics Of Unemployed Nigerians By Gender And Qualification. Do You Agree? by Ibadanpikin: 4:15pm On Aug 14, 2020
Yoruba fake NBS statistics,this has shown that afonjas are the poorest in southern Nigeria in reality.
Re: Statistics Of Unemployed Nigerians By Gender And Qualification. Do You Agree? by RTSC: 4:15pm On Aug 14, 2020
When Peter obi was talking about not closing your shop to chase rats he knew what he was saying.

The apc has closed the shop.

2 Likes

Re: Statistics Of Unemployed Nigerians By Gender And Qualification. Do You Agree? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Aug 14, 2020
positivelord:
Wrong info...in Naija any girl with 2 or 3 boyfriend is gainfully employed
Lolz..
Monthly Allowances grin grin
Re: Statistics Of Unemployed Nigerians By Gender And Qualification. Do You Agree? by humilitypays(m): 4:16pm On Aug 14, 2020
Nigeria does not have any accurate database.

Nobody knows the actual population of Nigerians; some Chadians, Nigeriens, Cameroonians and even Togolese are all in Nigeria with National Identity and claiming to be Nigerians.

Nigeria have no database anybody can rely on. All the statistics being dished out are based on projection and assumption by a group of employed graduates opportune to be working with some government agencies.

So stop fooling yourselves.

Nobody know how many humans are living in Nigeria.

Nigeria needs to be demolished like a house and a new foundation laid on honesty, truth, transparency and integrity built if not, no hope for a better nation called Nigeria no matter who is elected as President! angry

2 Likes

Re: Statistics Of Unemployed Nigerians By Gender And Qualification. Do You Agree? by Coldie(m): 4:17pm On Aug 14, 2020
Nigeria has not statistics on Nigeria population so how would they have stats on number of jobless people?

3 Likes

Re: Statistics Of Unemployed Nigerians By Gender And Qualification. Do You Agree? by RTSC: 4:18pm On Aug 14, 2020
The only effective ministry in this govt is that of amaechi.

And I think he is successful because the projects are handled by China itself.

No funds are disbursed.

The rest of the ministers are zero.
Re: Statistics Of Unemployed Nigerians By Gender And Qualification. Do You Agree? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Aug 14, 2020
Hard to say.
Re: Statistics Of Unemployed Nigerians By Gender And Qualification. Do You Agree? by SOJOSEPH(m): 4:20pm On Aug 14, 2020
this does not look scientific enough。since 2014?
Re: Statistics Of Unemployed Nigerians By Gender And Qualification. Do You Agree? by FuckThaMod: 4:20pm On Aug 14, 2020
I'm a master's degree graduate from unilag and for more than 3 years no befitting job. I remember hearing that the older sets are still jobless but i believed my own will be different. I gave the whole shit up and now I'm self employed.. Sometimes i regret the time and resources i wasted, if only i had channelled all that into something else.
NBS think we are fools... If unilag postgraduates are still jobless then what are we going to say about state universities and other federal universities. 120k my ass

2 Likes

Re: Statistics Of Unemployed Nigerians By Gender And Qualification. Do You Agree? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Aug 14, 2020
statistically insignificant..
one of the outstanding feature of statistics is mere estimation

this is just an estimated figure!!
NBS una well-done ohh
Re: Statistics Of Unemployed Nigerians By Gender And Qualification. Do You Agree? by abbey621(m): 4:21pm On Aug 14, 2020
brightdestiny96:

Where and how did they go about gathering their information? Did they do a census? Abi na desktop / armchair statistics?

Let's treat Nigerians like human beings for once. In spite of the 'darling daddy' choristers, [s]we have never had it this bad in the history of the country[/s]. Hardship is almost as abundant as oxygen.

God deliver Nigeria.

Stop exaggerating.....The mere fact that you have internet to type this shows that you're living in a better time, Abacha's men would have picked you up by now grin grin. Go and ask how things were under Abacha, the little freedom that you enjoy now is so much when compared to back then. Now you're correct, this government is the worst since 1999 but in the history of 9ja, it is still a child that should not be compared to the military days.

1 Like

Re: Statistics Of Unemployed Nigerians By Gender And Qualification. Do You Agree? by RTSC: 4:21pm On Aug 14, 2020
I was listening to Isa pantami giving prizes for ICT competition on twitter.
Very basic design projects.

This is what a minister of ICT is doing in this 21st century.
Re: Statistics Of Unemployed Nigerians By Gender And Qualification. Do You Agree? by Yeyenairaland(m): 4:23pm On Aug 14, 2020
Playersmanual:
I was thinking masters holders will be more

They're actually more

2 Likes

Re: Statistics Of Unemployed Nigerians By Gender And Qualification. Do You Agree? by RTSC: 4:23pm On Aug 14, 2020
abbey621:

Stop exaggerating.....The mere fact that you have internet to type this shows that you're living in a better time, Abacha's men would have picked you up by now grin grin. Go and ask how things were under Abacha, the little freedom that you enjoy now is so much when compared to back then. Now you're correct, this government is the worst since 1999 but in the history of 9ja, it is still a child that should not be compared to the military days.
The NBC said you will be punished if you insult the president, VP, senators or governors.

And you are talking about abacha days.

What are we currently in if not abacha days?
Re: Statistics Of Unemployed Nigerians By Gender And Qualification. Do You Agree? by RTSC: 4:26pm On Aug 14, 2020
One of the greatest acts of stupidity I have ever seen is seeing ordinary poor folks advocating for social media bill to protect the termites in govt that have eaten away their future.

I have never seen anything more stupid.

1 Like

Re: Statistics Of Unemployed Nigerians By Gender And Qualification. Do You Agree? by edoairways: 4:28pm On Aug 14, 2020
Prinnce1:
See government can't provide employments for all the citizens but by providing an enabling environment for people to strive well. Since 1999 that hasn't been put into place, no electricity, no good incentives for graduates and a lot more. Look at the new economy policies how does it support starters or encourage the already existing businesses. We are on our own in this country, just try and survive.
Exactly!
Re: Statistics Of Unemployed Nigerians By Gender And Qualification. Do You Agree? by RTSC: 4:29pm On Aug 14, 2020
We don't need a social media bill to protect office holders against libel.

Just go to court and sue. There are already laws.

2 Likes

Re: Statistics Of Unemployed Nigerians By Gender And Qualification. Do You Agree? by emmy512: 4:30pm On Aug 14, 2020
Government should just make an environment that supports business thats all that's needed, the rest will follow.
We should never ever expect government to give jobs it's not their duty, government job is supposed to be an extra for jobs in the country.
If business should thrive in Nigeria, more business will sprout and more people will get employed.
When i see the way our civil servants behave in office i get pained that after they succeeded in getting it they still behave nonchalantly.
Re: Statistics Of Unemployed Nigerians By Gender And Qualification. Do You Agree? by Aguogba(m): 4:32pm On Aug 14, 2020
A country that has not done a census for decades.

A country without a central birth and death registry.

A country with no database of citizens and alliens.

A country with one of the most porous borders on earth.

These people must be magicians to generate statistical figures in Nigeria. They must be excellent in voodoo!

Abeg, where and how did they get the data?

I am forced to call them "stewpeed" but I reserve it for anyone that believes ANY statistics coming from Nigeria.
Re: Statistics Of Unemployed Nigerians By Gender And Qualification. Do You Agree? by dallyemmy: 4:32pm On Aug 14, 2020
NBS ESTIMATES ARE BASED ON ASSUMPTIONS...NO DATABASE
Re: Statistics Of Unemployed Nigerians By Gender And Qualification. Do You Agree? by Investnow2017: 4:34pm On Aug 14, 2020
What is their definition if being employed. Do they mean if a graduate earns N25k per month which cannot buy a bottle of champagne, he is employed and therefore does not fall under the category of unemployed?
Re: Statistics Of Unemployed Nigerians By Gender And Qualification. Do You Agree? by Tinocosta17(m): 4:37pm On Aug 14, 2020
Another deceiving report. Everything fake
Re: Statistics Of Unemployed Nigerians By Gender And Qualification. Do You Agree? by mankan2k7(m): 4:37pm On Aug 14, 2020
This is a lie from the pit of hell
more than triple that number is unemployed.
only 5 in every 100 Nigerians are employed

2 Likes

Re: Statistics Of Unemployed Nigerians By Gender And Qualification. Do You Agree? by Handy007: 4:38pm On Aug 14, 2020
positivelord:
Wrong info...in Naija any girl with 2 or 3 boyfriend is gainfully employed
this one don mad oooo ����
Re: Statistics Of Unemployed Nigerians By Gender And Qualification. Do You Agree? by Marks112: 4:40pm On Aug 14, 2020
I’m looking for job o
Pharmacology graduate,second class
Meanwhile Waist trainer available at a discount price of #6000
Contact https:///send?phone=2348144821639

Re: Statistics Of Unemployed Nigerians By Gender And Qualification. Do You Agree? by abbey621(m): 4:42pm On Aug 14, 2020
RTSC:

The NBC said you will be punished if you insult the president, VP, senators or governors.

And you are talking about abacha days.

What are we currently in if not abacha days?

If you lived during the Abacha days you would know exactly what I'm talking about! You are still able to come on Nairaland, Instagram etc and voice your criticism, you are still able to organize protest, girls are still able to twerk on social media, you still dey watch BB9ja and so on. The person I quoted said it has never been this bad....LMAO!
Re: Statistics Of Unemployed Nigerians By Gender And Qualification. Do You Agree? by Lordsonn: 4:45pm On Aug 14, 2020
I have master degree and I'm looking for job. I believe the number of master degree holders looking for job are more than 120k
Re: Statistics Of Unemployed Nigerians By Gender And Qualification. Do You Agree? by joycegurl: 4:48pm On Aug 14, 2020
hmmm, this is scary ooo
Re: Statistics Of Unemployed Nigerians By Gender And Qualification. Do You Agree? by smallsmall: 4:50pm On Aug 14, 2020
What is the definition of UNEMPLOYED, used in this Statistics?

Does it include:

-People who cant get an Office job, though educated?
-People who are not educated but want an office job?
- People who just lazy around the neighbourhood but are not interested in any sort of work, just doing "T'uale Sir" at Junctions?
- People who are educated, want to work in the Office but end-up doing buying and selling, Barbing or other menila jobs?
- People who have no education and are just doing hustling on the roadside, for lack of an alternative?

Truth is, if we include everyone that wants to work but cant get work in Nigeria, in that Statistics, the number will be more than Half of Nigeria's population, certainly above 50% or above a 100Million Nigerians.

You just need to walk on inner streets around 11am, to see the endless horde of Boys, jobless and doing nothing, especially since Buhari became President.

This NBS figure of 21.7Million is what we call "Govt Version"
. grin grin grin
Re: Statistics Of Unemployed Nigerians By Gender And Qualification. Do You Agree? by dallyemmy: 4:50pm On Aug 14, 2020
THIS PARASTATAL NEEDS TO BE SCRAPPED...LYING TO THE GOVERNMENT AND DECEIVING THE PEOPLE...

DO WE HAVE ANY DATABASE FOR THE UNEMPLOYED?

WHEN LAST WAS CENSUS CONDUCTED?

WHAT IS THE POPULATION OF NIGERIA?

HOW MANY STUDENTS GRADUATE YEARLY?

HOW MANY PEOLPLE LOST THEIR MEANS OF LIVELIHOOD THIS YEAR?
Re: Statistics Of Unemployed Nigerians By Gender And Qualification. Do You Agree? by 4tomandchi: 4:57pm On Aug 14, 2020
I doubt it!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Top 10 Most Employable Qualities For Nigerian Graduates / Why Are Chinese Companies In Nigeria Maltreating Nigerians? / Graduate Trainees At Actionaid Nigeria - October 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.