Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,656 members, 7,809,482 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:23 AM

Nigeria's Railway Revolution In Pics - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria's Railway Revolution In Pics (44781 Views)

Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway Includes Railway Tracks In The Middle / Nigeria's Airport Revolution In Pics / An Overview Of The Rot In Nigeria's Railway - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution In Pics by vanunu: 6:28am On Aug 15, 2020
Enyimbamercedes:
Why do we get erections from optics? Excited Buharists will be cheering ; calling this achievements! Yesterday, Bashir even claimed Burns Boys new album as an achievement for the administration.

These railways lines are economically unviable and cannot even earn the money to repay the loans taken to build them! They had to double the prices of tickets on the Abuja to Kaduna line to try to break even...
As long as the focus is on passenger trains and they ignore connecting the south East with the other cities; you’ll have beautiful nonsense

Don't mind them, they think they can subsidize the fares forever, without knowing that sentiment no dey for business. Compare the charges for the same distance in Germany, you will know that It is a matter of time before the trains will pack up, if they don't increase it.
Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution In Pics by Commentor: 6:29am On Aug 15, 2020
edochie12:
And none of this stations was deemed fit to be build in the south Eastern Nigeria,or is southeast not qualify to have it,make una no worry,2023 is for presidency of Igbo extractions or u people should be prepare for total balkanization of this god forsaken country.

But you were supporting Fayose when he was writing to the Chinese against loans for rail lines on that corridor.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution In Pics by Vikalinda(m): 6:31am On Aug 15, 2020
This is beautiful. I think the president and his Minister did exclent job.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution In Pics by ThatFairGuy: 6:31am On Aug 15, 2020
We shall get there. God bless The Federal Republic of Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution In Pics by Commentor: 6:32am On Aug 15, 2020
Enyimbamercedes:
Why do we get erections from optics? Excited Buharists will be cheering ; calling this achievements! Yesterday, Bashir even claimed Burns Boys new album as an achievement for the administration.

These railways lines are economically unviable and cannot even earn the money to repay the loans taken to build them! They had to double the prices of tickets on the Abuja to Kaduna line to try to break even...
As long as the focus is on passenger trains and they ignore connecting the south East with the other cities; you’ll have beautiful nonsense

Shut up.

You can search under your bed for further negatives to broadcast.

Your type were hailing Fayose when he and his goons were trying to frustrate loans for the purpose of the coastal railway. That was 4 years ago and I'm happy till now you have nothing.

One day you would wake up to know what to support and what you shouldn't.

Hypocrite.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution In Pics by ThatFairGuy: 6:34am On Aug 15, 2020
[s]
Enyimbamercedes:

[/s]
This is SENSELESSNESS. And you're a GRADUATE

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution In Pics by ThatFairGuy: 6:36am On Aug 15, 2020
baxmaich:
With the heavy loans from China, this is what to show, go to Ethiopa and see wonders.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution In Pics by vanunu: 6:36am On Aug 15, 2020
Realdeals:
Obasanjo set the tone for Railway revolution in Nigeria, the planning and agreemen was signed and sealed by Obasanjo, subsequent administration are just building on the block, tresearch very well and you'll see.

Kaduna - Abuja and Abuja metro line was handled by GEJ, APC are just trying to take the shine of him. GEJ started the purchase of DMU locomotive.

Lagos - Ibadan could be credited to PMB, but bulk of the background work, like negotiating the loan and some payment of the counterpart fund has been done by GEJ.

Obviously, someone else will take glory of Kano-Kaduna, Ibadan-Lagos, Lagos-calabar rail projects that are still in the pipeline.
You are right.
Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution In Pics by Nyanabo(m): 6:37am On Aug 15, 2020
[s]
BrownLondon:
Muhammadu Buhari for 3rd term.
[/s]

Na God go punish you idiot.. So because of train you have not entered in your life you want to joepardise the future of Nigerians for another 4 years ? Ko le work.

Olorun maje !
Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution In Pics by Congrats321(m): 6:39am On Aug 15, 2020
So buhari took the loan for this project?
tribalmall:

Thank God you chose not to be senselessly foolish like many of your kinsmen who insult him blindly out of inherited hatred n irredeemable bigotry.
Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution In Pics by ThatFairGuy: 6:39am On Aug 15, 2020
LadySarah:

It is corruption in 5he form of kickbacks. Atleast half of the budget is going into a politicians pocket. They collect theirs before allowing the project start or simply take everything if nobody asks of it.

Never will pessimist see goodness in anything

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution In Pics by Nyanabo(m): 6:47am On Aug 15, 2020
ThatFairGuy:
[s][/s]

Shut up! it seems you are the one without brain. Do you mean to tell me that those passenger trains inasmuch as they are good, are economically viable to repay the loans ?

Or we just have to take from another sector of the economy to service the said loan ?

If that should be the case I think you have an answer for yourself.
Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution In Pics by Revolva(m): 6:47am On Aug 15, 2020
na only for picture e de fine
Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution In Pics by kayjay69(m): 6:47am On Aug 15, 2020
I know. I did not want to mention it but yes I know.

But you see what baffles me is this. Our type of corruption is like a virus that seeks to devour everything in its path.
I'll explain.
So you have a road contract originally worth 1bn naira, say you add another 2bn naira as bribe and kickbacks, why not ensure you build a world class road with that 1bn naira? Why not ensure it is finished on time and schedule? So you can move to other projects that the country desperately needs.

You see our leaders are just wicked. They don't use most of this infrastructure so they are not really affected nor concerned. And since their only gain in all of this is the money the siphon so vigorously, they try to ensure they steal alot and are unconcerned about the progress of the project, the same project that enables them to steal.

This is what you'll never see in other countries. There is corruption everywhere, but I contend that there is a corruption that works and a corruption that does not work. We are practicing the latter in it's most virulent form. The money is there, the opportunities to impact upon lives and businesses through meaningful projects are there. But doing it, doing it well and within time remains a constant problem. It is sad really.

If govt would just focus on creating an enabling environment for people to thrive, no one would care who was from where or what, those would be secondary arguments. But our leaders are so stupid and daft, despite having everything at their disposal, all they do is ask for more with little to no results to show forth.
LadySarah:

It is corruption in 5he form of kickbacks. Atleast half of the budget is going into a politicians pocket. They collect theirs before allowing the project start or simply take everything if nobody asks of it.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution In Pics by OROSUNBOLB(m): 6:51am On Aug 15, 2020
Simplyleo:

I said "shildren of 8, perdition, anger and frustration", and this one is seriously pained.

He even said "we", lol. grin grin

I wont say more. grin grin

Do you think they don't know themselves ? Audio developers aka chestbeaters !

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution In Pics by Enyimbamercedes: 6:52am On Aug 15, 2020
ThatFairGuy:
[s][/s]

Lol! Says a supporter of Adams Oshiomole!!!

Who is more senseless?
Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution In Pics by bewla(m): 6:57am On Aug 15, 2020
juvewalex:
The loans taken for these projects are worth it I must say and Kudos to this administration in terms of infrastructural development.
pls where is that Lagos station so I can go site seeing

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution In Pics by Enyimbamercedes: 6:59am On Aug 15, 2020
Commentor:

Shut up.

You can search under your bed for further negatives to broadcast.

Your type were hailing Fayose when he and his goons were trying to frustrate loans for the purpose of the coastal railway. That was 4 years ago and I'm happy till now you have nothing.

One day you would wake up to know what to support and what you shouldn't.

Hypocrite.

Lol! The truth is painful! Who are my type ??

Read my post with no prejudice okay!!! The railway lines are not economically viable and cannot be run as passenger rail lines!! Simple!

They are not running viable routes or moving cargo where they should be going.

Let’s leave politics out of it. Peace be unto you

simpleton
Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution In Pics by Multiplier7(m): 7:00am On Aug 15, 2020
One thing I have noticed in this country is that APC is far better than PDP in terms of developing quality projects

Check out the Railways
Check out the Airports
Check out the roads constructed so far
Check out the company (Siemens) that will handle our poor electricities.

All I can say is Kudos to this party! They did well.PDP should learn from them

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution In Pics by Commentor: 7:01am On Aug 15, 2020
Enyimbamercedes:

Lol! The truth is painful! Who are my type ??

Read my post with no prejudice okay!!! The railway lines are not economically viable and cannot be run as passenger rail lines!! Simple!

They are not running viable routes or moving cargo where they should be going.

Let’s leave politics out of it. Peace be unto you

simpleton

Who says they would only be used for passengers and what makes the movement of man uneconomic?

You betrayed yourself the minute you mentioned East.

Of course, in your bigoted mind, the only resourceful people that ever walked the earth is an easterner.

Be gone with your hypocrisy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution In Pics by sinola(m): 7:01am On Aug 15, 2020
God bless GEJ for kickstarting this project and his vision if not...
God bless PMB for not abandoning the laudable project...
Together, we will make Nigeria great again.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution In Pics by Dalby(m): 7:02am On Aug 15, 2020
Rossikk:

Keep lying to yourself.

''Former President Goodluck Jonathan has lauded President Muhammadu Buhari for making the completion of projects initiated by the previous administrations a policy, saying it is the way to go..''

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2020/07/22/jonathan-lauds-buhari-over-completion-of-projects/

Yes o, ask Wike about monorail in Portharcourt

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution In Pics by omenka(m): 7:03am On Aug 15, 2020
I must confess, on this count, Buhari did excellently well.

Wish he could do same for anti corruption and security.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution In Pics by ngozika2us(m): 7:03am On Aug 15, 2020
yarimo:
which GEJ ? those that project looks like where goat can eat yam ?
Buhari once alluded to the fact that GEJ started most if not all of the projects there
Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution In Pics by CoolAmbience(m): 7:06am On Aug 15, 2020
Rossikk:

Yeah, the railway expansion and modernization has been his administration's greatest achievement.

Kudos to previous administrations for setting the path forward.

You are not far from being correct.

However, Buhari has done much better in Agriculture.

If not for his leadership in the revolution of agriculture, many people for dey road now dey beg food o, especially with the Covid wahala.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution In Pics by CoolAmbience(m): 7:07am On Aug 15, 2020
Simplyleo:

Let me help you. grin

I was there when Jonathan commissioned the completed project before handing over to Buhari. Upon assumption of office, Buhari personally covered the whole project work with tarpaulin so that Nigerians wouldn't know about it until now.

In essence, this project was started and completed by Jonathan but Buhari is just taking the glory. The loan Buhari collected from China is in Yusuf's account, that is why Yusuf is the richest man in the world.

Very funny pipu. Una no dey shame?

Lol.

You dey mind them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution In Pics by Centcanada: 7:07am On Aug 15, 2020
This most foolish set of people on planet earth is in Nigeria. The youth are so useless that their president has once said they re lazy yet they still don't wish to change their ways. How can someone be showing you pictures because they felt you re only line ranting and u cannot research what the picture they posted if its true and you re here making noise. All your forefather's will not forgive you guys for ur stupidity and cowardice
Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution In Pics by skyfall: 7:07am On Aug 15, 2020
Good job, Buhari!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution In Pics by SaintLucia: 7:09am On Aug 15, 2020
delpee:
Very bad of GEJ for not thinking of initiating a lot of work like this.
Thanks to PMB for completing abandoned projects of 1970s.
A big plus for the nation.
Re: Nigeria's Railway Revolution In Pics by Enyimbamercedes: 7:11am On Aug 15, 2020
Commentor:

Who says they would only be used for passengers and what makes the movement of man uneconomic?

You betrayed yourself the minute you mentioned East.

Of course, in your bigoted mind, the only resourceful people that ever walked the earth is an easterner.

Be gone with your hypocrisy.

Lol! Read the words of the transport minister who had to double the prices of tickets on the Abuja -Kaduna route to recoup the expenses.

Please keep being impressed with optics but don’t wail later when the lines shut down when they cannot be run profitably

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Incredible New Footage Shows Titanic Wreck In Highest Quality Ever (Video, Pics) / How Rich Men In Orifite In Anambra Are Making Their Town Economic Viable (Photo) / Pictures Of More Rail Couches Shipped To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.