Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,731 members, 7,817,014 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Highlights Of Barcelona's 8-2 Loss To Bayern (Video, Photos) - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Highlights Of Barcelona's 8-2 Loss To Bayern (Video, Photos) (39573 Views)

'Nobody Remembers The 8-2!' - Lewandowski Quizzed On Barca's Humiliation / Premier League: Liverpool Set Premier League Record After Aston Villa 7-2 Loss / Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Highlights Of Barcelona's 8-2 Loss To Bayern (Video, Photos) by greypencils: 11:36am On Aug 15, 2020
Kroos8:

Messi was clearly Barca's board favorite, you can't tell me he was the best player in that team at that time.

Xavi and Iniesta worked so hard for Barcelona, what did they get it return? The Ballon d'or handed over to Messi.

Monkey dey work Baboon dey chop.
Thank you. I love Barca as a team ever since Ronaldinho but I hate the Messi hype. Na because of Messi, I start dey hate Barca sef. Xavi and Iniesta are my guys anytime, anyday.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Highlights Of Barcelona's 8-2 Loss To Bayern (Video, Photos) by Rockchyst: 11:39am On Aug 15, 2020
Roasting of a G.O.A.T.

1 Like

Re: Highlights Of Barcelona's 8-2 Loss To Bayern (Video, Photos) by Ayemileto(m): 11:40am On Aug 15, 2020
Kroos8:

He wasn't hiding, even at his best they'd still lose.

He has been carried along by his team mates for ages. When i said it people called me a hater. I'm just stating facts.

Messi cannot excel without high quality players around him. It's fair to say that those players made Messi what he is today.

greypencils:
Thank God you realize that. Xavi and Iniesta should be given their due respects. They made Messi shine at Barca because they fed him passes, which resulted to either assists or goals. They took that pressure of responsibility off him so that he could do what he does best, dribble and score goals but No! GOAT apologists would not let us hear word.

This applies to Ronaldo and every other great players out there. Without quality players around them to feed them passes, they wouldn't have succeded.

That's why Arsene Wenger has a point when he said individual awards should be scrapped in football. It's a team sport, a single player can't do it all, but a single player can be "exceptional".

As a side note, You can see this fact when Portugal won the Euro. Ronaldo was injured earlier in the game, but the team still went ahead to defeat France, which shows the quality. But the team defeating France without Ronaldo doesn't mean he wasn't exceptional throughout the tournament.

1 Like

Re: Highlights Of Barcelona's 8-2 Loss To Bayern (Video, Photos) by ABANGWABOI(m): 11:45am On Aug 15, 2020
#ILMOVON cry cry
#Attitude
#Bliv

If I no comment for this thread..wetin I gain..
Pessi na goat meant for Asun.. He was slaughtered in the Abattoir..
Goat without international trophy..
Re: Highlights Of Barcelona's 8-2 Loss To Bayern (Video, Photos) by greypencils: 11:46am On Aug 15, 2020
Ayemileto:

This applies to Ronaldo and every other great players out there. Without quality players around them to feed them passes, they wouldn't have succeded.

That's why Arsene Wenger has a point when he said individual awards should be scrapped in football. It's a team sport, a single player can't do it all, but a single player can be "exeptional".

As a side note, You can see this fact when Portugal won the Euro. Ronaldo was injured earlier in the game, but the team still went ahead to defeat France.
I have never hyped Ronaldo. I am a core Man United fan. But I attribute all of Man U's success at that time to the entire team, especially Scholes. After Ronaldo left, Man United still qualified for Champions league final in 2011. Man United fell off the grid first with Fergie, then with Scholes. Even if Fergie had left and Scholes had remained and was healthy, Man United would still have been decent. I just love Ronaldo as a player because of his mentality and hardwork which applies to everyday life. Even when Ronaldo got to Real Madrid, Modric and Ramos was, still are my favorite players.
Re: Highlights Of Barcelona's 8-2 Loss To Bayern (Video, Photos) by Asour: 11:47am On Aug 15, 2020
Kriss216:
Barcelona is overrated!

I don't think so though. But they are terrible now.

However funnily, they usually lose 1 game in every UCL campaign since 2017!

The losses are the very bad type though.

This Bayern loss was their first loss in this campaign too.
Re: Highlights Of Barcelona's 8-2 Loss To Bayern (Video, Photos) by Ayemileto(m): 11:55am On Aug 15, 2020
greypencils:
I have never hyped Ronaldo. I am a core Man United fan. But I attribute all of Man U's success at that time to the entire team, especially Scholes. After Ronaldo left, Man United still qualified for Champions league final in 2011. Man United fell off the grid first with Fergie, then with Scholes. Even if Fergie had left and Scholes had remained and was healthy, Man United would still have been decent. I just love Ronaldo as a player because of his mentality and hardwork which applies to everyday life. Even when Ronaldo got to Real Madrid, Modric and Ramos was, still are my favorite players.

I think we're on the same page, and we're making the same point. Every successful footballer won't be successful without their team mates.

In fact, this applies to life in General, most successful people (including great scientists and inventors) wouldn't have been successful without an "helper" around them.

I think this is why one has to be intentional about the people around him, because they can either bring out the best in you, or bring out the worse.

Have a nice day bro.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Highlights Of Barcelona's 8-2 Loss To Bayern (Video, Photos) by Okochi87: 12:04pm On Aug 15, 2020
see below
Re: Highlights Of Barcelona's 8-2 Loss To Bayern (Video, Photos) by greypencils: 12:17pm On Aug 15, 2020
Humanoid01:
I really hope Man city gets past Lyon tonight. I can't wait for Bayern vs The cityzens. For that match ehn, dead body go surplus.
I swear
Re: Highlights Of Barcelona's 8-2 Loss To Bayern (Video, Photos) by charlesm91(m): 12:21pm On Aug 15, 2020
greypencils:
To you, everybody is at fault except Messi. Until you see Messi's role dictating who should play on the field as a problem, Barcelona will continue to fail at UCL. Same shit happened in Russia 2018. How can an in-form Dybala and Aguero be on the bench? Messi should have been an attacking midfielder. Di Maria, a central midfielder with both of them supplying balls to Aguero and Dybala. But no! Messi is the god of soccer so he dictates who plays. Barcelona needs a coach that would put Messi in his place. Not one that would kiss his arse. It is better to get good midfielders, the likes of Xavi and Iniesta or Messi should be dropped to attacking midfield to support very good strikers. Otherwise same shit is gonna happen next season.
aptly put. I dont need to add. For those who watch without bias this is the problem

1 Like

Re: Highlights Of Barcelona's 8-2 Loss To Bayern (Video, Photos) by Angelfrost(m): 12:27pm On Aug 15, 2020
For me, high point of the game was what youngster Alphonso Davies did to set up Kimmich's goal... That was Messi at least 2 seasons ago.

For a defensive player... That was just MAD!!! shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Highlights Of Barcelona's 8-2 Loss To Bayern (Video, Photos) by greypencils: 12:33pm On Aug 15, 2020
eni4real:

Mention those players!!

Xavi has been playing in Barcelona since 1998. How many Ballon d'ors did he win?? How many UCL?? How many La liga before Messi debut in 2004??

Messi still won 1 Ballon d'or after Xavi and Iniesta left Barcelona!!

I just want to make it easier for you!!

Mention those players that 'made Messi what he is today'

Mention those players that won him the "World cup Golden ball, Copa America Golden ball, Olympic Golden ball, and World youth Golden ball"

Mention those players in Club and Country, and show me how those players have won any major individual achievement without Messi!!
You see the problem. Until you realize that football is a team sport and Barcelona consists of 11 players you, Messi apologists would always be the problem. Since none of these players have won any individual achievement let only Messi be on the pitch na? How can you trivialize the contributions of Xavi, Iniesta, Dani Alves, Neymar, David Villa, Puyol, and say because they didn't win any individual awards they were useless in helping him win the things he won? Did Iniesta, Xavi and rest of the Spanish team need Messi to win two continental titles and a world cup? Could you pick out one outstanding Spanish player in those campaigns? That is what you call teamwork. And Barcelona has been a team comprising the very best players allowing Messi to shine. Yet you trivialize and sacrifice all their achievements on the altar of your so-called GOAT. How can you? This your view no balance at all.

1 Like

Re: Highlights Of Barcelona's 8-2 Loss To Bayern (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 12:37pm On Aug 15, 2020
Chelsea still get hope grin grin grin I can't come and can grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Highlights Of Barcelona's 8-2 Loss To Bayern (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 12:37pm On Aug 15, 2020
grin
Re: Highlights Of Barcelona's 8-2 Loss To Bayern (Video, Photos) by Deborah98(f): 12:49pm On Aug 15, 2020
Michaelberry65:
E don do na
as in eeh,I tire for some people undecided
Re: Highlights Of Barcelona's 8-2 Loss To Bayern (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 12:55pm On Aug 15, 2020
greypencils:
You see the problem. Until you realize that football is a team sport and Barcelona consists of 11 players you, Messi apologists would always be the problem. Since none of these players have won any individual achievement let only Messi be on the pitch na? How can you trivialize the contributions of Xavi, Iniesta, Dani Alves, Neymar, Puyol and say because they didn't win any individual awards they were useless in helping him win the things he won? How can you? This your view no balance at all.
He said Messi's teammates made him who he is , that he is a Fraud. Not that good..

That is the reason for that reply!!

He deserves that reply!!

We know the quality of all his teammates.. They are good but do you think Messi is not better??
Re: Highlights Of Barcelona's 8-2 Loss To Bayern (Video, Photos) by greypencils: 1:04pm On Aug 15, 2020
eni4real:

He said Messi's teammates made him who he is , that he is a Fraud. Not that good..

That is the reason for that reply!!

He deserves that reply!!

We know the quality of all his teammates.. They are good but do you think Messi is not better??
Since Messi is all in all, let him enter the pitch and continue do it all alone since the rest of his former teammates were not instrumental to his success. I have never heard any football worldview as jaundiced as yours.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Highlights Of Barcelona's 8-2 Loss To Bayern (Video, Photos) by Anzass: 1:06pm On Aug 15, 2020
Barca ate (cool too (2) much food that Bayern gave them. Even their GOAT was isolated.
Re: Highlights Of Barcelona's 8-2 Loss To Bayern (Video, Photos) by Humanoid01(m): 1:09pm On Aug 15, 2020
chocboi78:
that's designer the rapper not Davies
Lol I didn't say he's Davies, I merely said he looks like him [in that picture]. The idea was to bring the whole Barca trauma into it.

1 Like

Re: Highlights Of Barcelona's 8-2 Loss To Bayern (Video, Photos) by FuckThaMod: 1:10pm On Aug 15, 2020
paulolee:
too bad but pls I want to appeal to nairaland mods thats its owkay with this barca news, we all know barca was poor last nite and they were humiliated badly yesterday but pls try put a stop bringing any barca news to f.p for today because of the trolling on the barca fans is getting too much before them go start to they declare some barca fans missing..
Edo election is few weeks from today and we need more uodates and also we need more updates on covid news and bbn..
found myself this morning watching and enjoying bbn instead of doing my normal weekend exercise and the funny part was dt i was enjoying d same bbn i called useless show, c watin frustration de do person, BARCA E NO GO BETTER 4 UNA OOOO...
Stop giving excuse, you are one of those that disrespects CR7. Una suppose receive this pain well well angry
Re: Highlights Of Barcelona's 8-2 Loss To Bayern (Video, Photos) by obonujoker(m): 1:17pm On Aug 15, 2020
eni4real:

Mention those players!!

Xavi has been playing in Barcelona since 1998. How many Ballon d'ors did he win?? How many UCL?? How many La liga before Messi debut in 2004??

Messi still won 1 Ballon d'or after Xavi and Iniesta left Barcelona!!

I just want to make it easier for you!!

Mention those players that 'made Messi what he is today'

Mention those players that won him the "World cup Golden ball, Copa America Golden ball, Olympic Golden ball, and World youth Golden ball"

Mention those players in Club and Country, and show me how those players have won any major individual achievement without Messi!!

Clown

Iniesta
Xavi
David Villa
Aguero
Higuain
Re: Highlights Of Barcelona's 8-2 Loss To Bayern (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 1:32pm On Aug 15, 2020
obonujoker:

Clown

Iniesta
Xavi
David Villa
Aguero
Higuain

Higuain grin grin

C'mon, you can do better cool
Re: Highlights Of Barcelona's 8-2 Loss To Bayern (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 1:35pm On Aug 15, 2020
greypencils:
Since Messi is all in all, let him enter the pitch and continue do it all alone since the rest of his former teammates were not instrumental to his success. I have never heard any football worldview as jaundiced as yours.
jaundiced? shocked shocked

I was only replying the guy that said Messi is not a good player, his teammates 'made him who he is today'..
You should join me in reply that guy instead!!

Messi is the Ballon d'or GOAT, we shouldn't allow anyone deride him in such a manner!!

Do we have an accord?? cool

1 Like

Re: Highlights Of Barcelona's 8-2 Loss To Bayern (Video, Photos) by feedthenation(m): 1:38pm On Aug 15, 2020
Bayern can't stop scoring goals, they even scored against themselves
Re: Highlights Of Barcelona's 8-2 Loss To Bayern (Video, Photos) by 21cents: 1:51pm On Aug 15, 2020
feedthenation:
Bayern can't stop scoring goals, they even scored against themselves
LOL grin
Re: Highlights Of Barcelona's 8-2 Loss To Bayern (Video, Photos) by maklelemakukula(m): 2:20pm On Aug 15, 2020
paulolee:
too bad but pls I want to appeal to nairaland mods thats its owkay with this barca news, we all know barca was poor last nite and they were humiliated badly yesterday but pls try put a stop bringing any barca news to f.p for today because of the trolling on the barca fans is getting too much before them go start to they declare some barca fans missing..
Edo election is few weeks from today and we need more uodates and also we need more updates on covid news and bbn..
found myself this morning watching and enjoying bbn instead of doing my normal weekend exercise and the funny part was dt i was enjoying d same bbn i called useless show, c watin frustration de do person, BARCA E NO GO BETTER 4 UNA OOOO...
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy grin
Re: Highlights Of Barcelona's 8-2 Loss To Bayern (Video, Photos) by usagee36: 2:22pm On Aug 15, 2020
Just like when 50 was hungry, 58 grin grin
Humanoid01:
Someone said Barcelona fans will not have breakfast this morning because they 8-2 much last night.
Re: Highlights Of Barcelona's 8-2 Loss To Bayern (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 2:23pm On Aug 15, 2020
How many Barcelona's post on FP since morning, haba. The mod pushing them to FP must be a Juventus or Man-U fan cheesy
Re: Highlights Of Barcelona's 8-2 Loss To Bayern (Video, Photos) by lugo99(m): 2:26pm On Aug 15, 2020
bayern used barca to do ritual
in yoruba- bayern fi barca se 8-2 tu
Re: Highlights Of Barcelona's 8-2 Loss To Bayern (Video, Photos) by lugo99(m): 2:26pm On Aug 15, 2020
bayern used barca to do ritual
in yoruba- bayern fi barca se 8-2 tu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Was Asked To Pay £5,000 To Play For Nigeria – Sarki Reveals Why He Chose Haiti / Anthony Joshua: I Thought #EndSARS Protest Was Against Virus / Super Eagles Eat Fufu & Pounded Yam Before Matches - Seun Kuti (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.