Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,299 members, 7,836,302 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

Lionel Messi ‘isolates’ Himself From Teammates After Barca Defeat - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi ‘isolates’ Himself From Teammates After Barca Defeat (80665 Views)

Luis Suarez Slams Barcelona Teammates After Defeat To Liverpool In The Champions / OMG!! Cristiano Ronaldo Explodes At Real Madrid Teammates After Real Betis Win / Revealed: Read What Ronaldo Told Real Madrid Teammates After Barca Defeat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lionel Messi ‘isolates’ Himself From Teammates After Barca Defeat by victorazyvictor(m): 12:50pm On Aug 15, 2020
grin
Re: Lionel Messi ‘isolates’ Himself From Teammates After Barca Defeat by sammyj: 12:51pm On Aug 15, 2020
See how you stylishly relegated Messi to one of the goat rather your usual the greatest GOAT phrase!! grin grin shocked shocked shocked
dangermouse:
U cant win it all. Dust urself, retrospect, restrategise, and bounce back stronger. Ur still one of the GOAT. No one can take away from u.
Re: Lionel Messi ‘isolates’ Himself From Teammates After Barca Defeat by Angelfrost(m): 12:53pm On Aug 15, 2020
Fuckingmallam45:

You are right bro, Angelfrost is a boss I respect so much, now to my own opinion about Messi
Messi is the only constant bright spot in the changing fortunes of Barcelona during the past few years. But despite all his achievements, I had always credited FC Barcelona, the team, for their collective brilliance and for maximizing a genius like Messi.

But this year was different. While Barcelona had been alternating between good and bad, Messi had been so briliiant that it almost felt like he was playing with the Argentine team, especially when the chips were down. Thankfully he was able to lift his team whenever they played bad with his inspirational performances.

He was the reason why they were crowned Liga Champions last season. He was the reason why they were in the Copa del Rey finals last season. He was the sole reason why they went into the 2nd leg against Liverpool with a 3 goal advantage last season as well.

Messi could fight against even the toughest of opponents. But Messi cannot fight against his own team who were pathetic beyond belief. Despite the inspired Bayern who deserved to win and the constant bullying that he underwent in that game, he tried his best. But his own team and coach let him down totally.

If as a fan, I cannot imagine the pain Messi must have undergone watching his team play so badly, after putting his heart and soul into every game. On that day, even if Messi had scored 10 goals, FC Barcelona would have ended up losers.

FC Barcelona deserved to loss to an inspired Liverpool who were fantastic. But I would never forgive the Barcelona team and coach for laying to waste the immense efforts of Messi.

Unlike the other two greats of Barca - Xavi and Iniesta - Messi had been part of this transitional team and held them together. If he had left for another club in search of glory, this club would have fallen apart like Real Madrid.

But he chose to stay behind to help rebuild and that meant less titles and more hard work. The Messi of today is much greater that the Messi who was winning trebles and Ballon D’Ors at will. This Messi is someone who is giving back to the club that made him a legend. He is a true leader and a wonderful player.

So my opinion of Messi has not changed based on the team’s recent defeat. It only keeps growing higher for the way he keeps going, despite all odds - year after year. For me, he will always be above the rest for being such a relentless believer and a superlative performer.

Vickyrotex, gbest90, ghettokid1

My guy, make we talk am as e be...

Barcelona has been declining for years... Steps should have been taken to blood in young and skilled players, especially at the back and middle.

Now, it looks like the entire pack of apples is completely poisoned and compromised!!!

They didn't put up a fight through out last night!!! No real effort or push from front to back!!!

Football is a team sport! Individual brilliance can never be enough!!! Never!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi ‘isolates’ Himself From Teammates After Barca Defeat by FuckThaMod: 12:53pm On Aug 15, 2020
ThierryJay:
E don do na haba. Na Barca things go full front page today.
But na you you make noise pass on top Ronaldo matter.. Was it not two days ago u called him all sorts of downgrading names. Mtcheew

4 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi ‘isolates’ Himself From Teammates After Barca Defeat by IYANGBALI: 12:54pm On Aug 15, 2020
fergie001:

She dey happy o......Chelsea fans are happier sef! grin
why she come dey bone face up and down like sey she catch her boyfriend with seunmohmoh
Re: Lionel Messi ‘isolates’ Himself From Teammates After Barca Defeat by fergie001: 12:57pm On Aug 15, 2020
IYANGBALI:
why she come dey bone face up and down like sey she catch her boyfriend with seunmohmoh
Abeg...lemme....I no wan laugh biko cheesy
Re: Lionel Messi ‘isolates’ Himself From Teammates After Barca Defeat by FuckThaMod: 12:59pm On Aug 15, 2020
stayclearofme:

Can you win it all?

logicDcoder:
No matter how huge your are, you can't win it all. Even though messi suffered a huge defeat yesterday that doesn't make him a failure forever. He's still the my GOAT!.
You can't win it all but if you wan loose then loose with a lil bit of dignity. Common assist he no even give... Goat ko.

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi ‘isolates’ Himself From Teammates After Barca Defeat by afolayan22(m): 1:01pm On Aug 15, 2020
Nbotee:
Dis current Barca board are d worst by a mile... It doesn't take a soothdayer to see dis coming.... Over 6 of the Barca players on d pitch yesterday were over 32.. And to make matters worse dey swapped a 22yr old Arthur for anoda 33yr old Pjanic.. Their signings over the past 4 yra have been questionable. In their press conference on Thursday Messi even admitted dey may lose if changes are not made considering how dey have been playing dis season.. Barca is going to go down d AC Milan way when Messi leaves

Re: Lionel Messi ‘isolates’ Himself From Teammates After Barca Defeat by Fuckingmallam45(m): 1:05pm On Aug 15, 2020
lexy2014:

According to u:

"Unlike the other two greats of Barca - Xavi and Iniesta - Messi had been part of this transitional team and held them together. If he had left for another club in search of glory, this club would have fallen apart like Real Madrid."

When Ronaldinho, Eto'o and d rest left Barca, did it fall apart?
Before they left, replacements were there already, but who’s going to replace Messi?
Re: Lionel Messi ‘isolates’ Himself From Teammates After Barca Defeat by Nobody: 1:06pm On Aug 15, 2020
sammyj:
See how you stylishly relegated Messi to one of the goat rather your usual the greatest GOAT phrase!! grin grin shocked shocked shocked
Maradona and Pele still dey na.
Re: Lionel Messi ‘isolates’ Himself From Teammates After Barca Defeat by Fuckingmallam45(m): 1:06pm On Aug 15, 2020
fergie001:
So...... Fuckingmallam45 have decamped with vickyrotex ghettokid1 gbest90 and Angelfrost.
Lol grin

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi ‘isolates’ Himself From Teammates After Barca Defeat by krozay(m): 1:06pm On Aug 15, 2020
ecolime:
Enough of all these taunts guys. Messi has spoken his mind already. He's not CR7 so lets be gentle on him please.
this photo was edited and Messi never said that
Re: Lionel Messi ‘isolates’ Himself From Teammates After Barca Defeat by Fuckingmallam45(m): 1:09pm On Aug 15, 2020
Angelfrost:

My guy, make we talk am as e be...

Barcelona has been declining for years... Steps should have been taken to blood in young and skilled players, especially at the back and middle.

Now, it looks like the entire pack of apples is completely poisoned and compromised!!!

They didn't put up a fight through out last night!!! No real effort or push from front to back!!!

Football is a team sport! Individual brilliance can never be enough!!! Never!!!
You have solid points there as well. Imagine allowed Coutinho to go.
Re: Lionel Messi ‘isolates’ Himself From Teammates After Barca Defeat by Nobody: 1:09pm On Aug 15, 2020
Nbotee:
Dis current Barca board are d worst by a mile... It doesn't take a soothdayer to see dis coming.... Over 6 of the Barca players on d pitch yesterday were over 32.. And to make matters worse dey swapped a 22yr old Arthur for anoda 33yr old Pjanic.. Their signings over the past 4 yra have been questionable. In their press conference on Thursday Messi even admitted dey may lose if changes are not made considering how dey have been playing dis season.. Barca is going to go down d AC Milan way when Messi leaves
Re: Lionel Messi ‘isolates’ Himself From Teammates After Barca Defeat by NeoWanZaeed(m): 1:10pm On Aug 15, 2020
am Very sure messi is going to any team Ronaldo is...
Re: Lionel Messi ‘isolates’ Himself From Teammates After Barca Defeat by Humanoid01(m): 1:18pm On Aug 15, 2020
Olayinka8793:
Although I am a CR7 fan, that 8-2 humiliation last night can never erase the fact that Leo Messi is still one of the greatest footballers who has given us numerous beautiful and magical moments.
How many of us can forget the numerous times he has himself humiliated Madrid in el classico matches? Or the day he single handedly humiliated Arsenal by scoring four goals in a champions league match? Or the day he humiliated Jerome Boateng on his way to scoring a fantastic goal, to the extent the big defender fell down embarrassingly?
I hope they implement necessary changes and bounce back strongly.
You are the first Cr7 fan I've ever known with sense and without bias.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi ‘isolates’ Himself From Teammates After Barca Defeat by Femeto: 1:22pm On Aug 15, 2020
OP you no get work. grin
Re: Lionel Messi ‘isolates’ Himself From Teammates After Barca Defeat by Dizzyrascal(m): 1:23pm On Aug 15, 2020
EmmABE:
I remember a discussion i had with a barca fan in 2017 when i told him trouble was looming, by then barca had stopped dominating match and were depending on messi's brilliance and poor quality of the lower half of the la liga to win matches. Pique, busquet, messi, alba were the remnant of the cruyff football mentality... He agreed but then said they have messi after which i laughed at him. The fans of the club are as culpable in yesterday's defeat as the board and the players because they refused to see what was coming early and protest the decay of the la masia

GGMU
Proudly a man united fan and a supporter of Ole's cultural reset
beautiful analogy
Re: Lionel Messi ‘isolates’ Himself From Teammates After Barca Defeat by Akinbahm(m): 1:24pm On Aug 15, 2020
Nbotee:

Do you think if Messi decided to leave Barca today they wont bid for KDB to succeed him?

The current board of Barcelona & Arsenal happened to be the greatest benefit board in football sincerely all them should b serving jail terms...

How on earth will you need Neymar's replacement and went ahead and buy Dembele, Coutinho, Malcom and Griezmann. None of them plays Neymar's position but all can play Messi position except Griezmann and none of the trio can bench Messi.

The best player the board failed to sign to replace Neymar still remain Hazardous since 2017...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi ‘isolates’ Himself From Teammates After Barca Defeat by FrankBass281(m): 1:26pm On Aug 15, 2020
Bayern eight-two to this to barca
Re: Lionel Messi ‘isolates’ Himself From Teammates After Barca Defeat by Dizzyrascal(m): 1:27pm On Aug 15, 2020
EmmABE:
I remember a discussion i had with a barca fan in 2017 when i told him trouble was looming, by then barca had stopped dominating match and were depending on messi's brilliance and poor quality of the lower half of the la liga to win matches. Pique, busquet, messi, alba were the remnant of the cruyff football mentality... He agreed but then said they have messi after which i laughed at him. The fans of the club are as culpable in yesterday's defeat as the board and the players because they refused to see what was coming early and protest the decay of the la masia

GGMU
Proudly a man united fan and a supporter of Ole's cultural reset
but the Man utd cultural reset part is what I didn't quite understand. Is that really going to help them win trophies?
Re: Lionel Messi ‘isolates’ Himself From Teammates After Barca Defeat by Ayobami7(m): 1:30pm On Aug 15, 2020
hmmmm
Re: Lionel Messi ‘isolates’ Himself From Teammates After Barca Defeat by michjunior: 1:32pm On Aug 15, 2020
Kroos8:
He can fall ill and die.
No one fvcking cares
Neither does he care abt ur broke ass... he is a fucking millionaire and he is fucking famous
Re: Lionel Messi ‘isolates’ Himself From Teammates After Barca Defeat by Seunpaul01(m): 1:34pm On Aug 15, 2020
That 8 - 2 make sense die grin

Messi isolate himself because he 8 - 2 be seen as a loser. But the 8 - 2 was uncalled for. He should be the boss and encourage the boys before they begin to give him some 8 - 2
But he should not forget he has given few 8-2 some teams as well. I myself 8 - 2 keep on with Barca. Let all laugh and stop this 8 - 2.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi ‘isolates’ Himself From Teammates After Barca Defeat by Patosky4U: 1:34pm On Aug 15, 2020
Mod abeg e don do na.. grin grin the one Bayern hammer us never do una?

Re: Lionel Messi ‘isolates’ Himself From Teammates After Barca Defeat by SEGLIZ: 1:35pm On Aug 15, 2020
self quarantining and self isolation is still allowed and in enforcement.
Re: Lionel Messi ‘isolates’ Himself From Teammates After Barca Defeat by Bahamas95(m): 1:40pm On Aug 15, 2020
grin

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi ‘isolates’ Himself From Teammates After Barca Defeat by stayclearofme: 1:42pm On Aug 15, 2020
FuckThaMod:

You can't win it all but if you wan loose then loose with a lil bit of dignity. Common assist he no even give... Goat ko.
Go and sit down haters, every player have their off days, it does happen in football. You are ranting and happy because of one match, all you Arsenal supporters that are full of bitterness....Messi remains the GOAT. Go and hug transformer.
Re: Lionel Messi ‘isolates’ Himself From Teammates After Barca Defeat by stayclearofme: 1:44pm On Aug 15, 2020
Kroos8:

A 5 time world best player is a fraud, according to you fan boys, because he scored all 2 goals and lost on away goals?

Thunder fire all you Ronaldo haters.
Thunder fire you a million times...I don't hate Ronald...the two players are good. You don't even know me or my stand so shut the Bleep up.
Re: Lionel Messi ‘isolates’ Himself From Teammates After Barca Defeat by mattfeuter(m): 1:45pm On Aug 15, 2020
Afolashade00:

Yes, he's my goat and he's coming back stronger than you can ever imagine . One needs to accept defeat , re+strategize and bounce back like nothing happened.
This happens to people at the top most times, you gotta see things on a different ball game.
When you get to the top you will understand, Shalom!

Strong okoto undecided

My Goat bowed out of the champions league with a win,

Yours ? 8-2 and has reportedly distanced himself from his teammates. . . But go on

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi ‘isolates’ Himself From Teammates After Barca Defeat by EmmABE: 1:45pm On Aug 15, 2020
Dizzyrascal:
but the Man utd cultural reset part is what I didn't quite understand. Is that really going to help them win trophies?
during moyes and van gaal time, man utd settled for 3rd, 4th and sometimes 5th transfer target( e.g rojo) with no football pattern consideration. During morinho, man utd was signing players from marketing value and scouting was done on youtube eg Perisic wasn't signed because he doesn't have marketing potential. The academy became useless that even phil nevile took his son to man city academy. A week in 2017 saw man utd lost 3-0 senior team, 6-0 u23, 4-0 u18. B4 ole came and the restructuring started from the academy to the scouting dept to recruitment. Last season saw man utd u23 promoted back into the 1st division, u18 defeated city u18 twice, nd recruitment of players like hannibal mejbri, man utd stopped being a p*ssy for agents( mino riola made 41m 4rm pogba deal alone so u can understand his anger wen d haaland deal fell thru, dybala also

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Tono Rodriguez Scores From His Own Penalty Area To Win Match (Photos) / Kaseem Yebseya Now Mentally Unstable, Roams The Streets Of Taraba. PICS / Ronaldo's Driver Waits 7 Hours At Petrol Station To Fill Up His New Bentley

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.