Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,978 members, 7,825,057 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Tribunal Affirms Election Of Douye Diri As Bayelsa Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribunal Affirms Election Of Douye Diri As Bayelsa Governor (22646 Views)

Douye Diri Swears-In Patience Diri As High Court Judge In Bayelsa State / Court Affirms Douye Diri As Bayelsa PDP Candidate, Timi Alaibe Loses / APC Rejects Diri As Bayelsa Governor-Elect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tribunal Affirms Election Of Douye Diri As Bayelsa Governor by fergie001: 10:51am On Aug 15, 2020
The Bayelsa Governorship Election Tribunal sitting in Abuja has affirmed the election of Senator Duoye Diri as Bayelsa State Governor.

The three-man panel took the decision on Saturday a month after the Supreme Court dismissed an appeal filed by a former aspirant of the Bayelsa governorship election under the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Timi Alaibe, challenging the candidacy of Senator Diri in the November 2019 election.

In a unanimous judgment delivered by Justice Owodunni, the tribunal held that the petition filed by mister Owei Woniwei of the Alliance for Democracy is incompetent and lacks merit.

The Tribunal further held that the petitioner failed to prove the allegations of the forged declaration of age and the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) discharged certificate levelled against the Deputy Governor, Senator Lawrence.

Source

#BayelsaGovernorshipElection

Tribunal dismisses United Peoples Congress petition challenging the election of Governor Douye Diri

TVC

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribunal Affirms Election Of Douye Diri As Bayelsa Governor by Racoon(m): 10:52am On Aug 15, 2020
Are they still dragging this matter? Congratulations Gov.Diri.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tribunal Affirms Election Of Douye Diri As Bayelsa Governor by AAA593: 10:54am On Aug 15, 2020
fergie001:
The Bayelsa Governorship Election Tribunal sitting in Abuja has affirmed the election of Senator Duoye Diri as Bayelsa State Governor.
Yesssss. Dansuqi is in theatre right now

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribunal Affirms Election Of Douye Diri As Bayelsa Governor by Nobody: 10:56am On Aug 15, 2020
Congrats to Diro

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Affirms Election Of Douye Diri As Bayelsa Governor by fergie001: 11:08am On Aug 15, 2020
AAA593:

Yesssss. Dansuqi is in theatre right now
I 8-2 to imagine.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribunal Affirms Election Of Douye Diri As Bayelsa Governor by Johnnyessence(m): 11:08am On Aug 15, 2020
congratulations to the miracle Governor of Bayelsa state.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tribunal Affirms Election Of Douye Diri As Bayelsa Governor by Righteousness89(m): 11:10am On Aug 15, 2020
They Should let this Miracle Governor Govern the State in Peace..

The Distractions are too much..

20 Likes

Re: Tribunal Affirms Election Of Douye Diri As Bayelsa Governor by slivertongue: 11:11am On Aug 15, 2020
nothing will change I said earlier. Lyon I truly feel for you. Bayelsans deserve who they voted for enmass

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tribunal Affirms Election Of Douye Diri As Bayelsa Governor by Dansuqi: 11:15am On Aug 15, 2020
fergie001:

I 8-2 to imagine.

So painful
Re: Tribunal Affirms Election Of Douye Diri As Bayelsa Governor by Dansuqi: 11:15am On Aug 15, 2020
slivertongue:
nothing will change I said earlier. Lyon I truly feel for you. Bayelsans deserve who they voted for enmass

And you want nothing to change?
Re: Tribunal Affirms Election Of Douye Diri As Bayelsa Governor by Dansuqi: 11:16am On Aug 15, 2020
fergie001:

I 8-2 to imagine.

I think that's just for opuama.no full details.plus that of diriyai is pending
Re: Tribunal Affirms Election Of Douye Diri As Bayelsa Governor by fergie001: 11:16am On Aug 15, 2020
Dansuqi:

So painful
You knew from the beginning, this was the outcome.

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Affirms Election Of Douye Diri As Bayelsa Governor by BlowYourMind: 11:17am On Aug 15, 2020
I said it before nothing can happen

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Affirms Election Of Douye Diri As Bayelsa Governor by fergie001: 11:17am On Aug 15, 2020
Dansuqi:

I think that's just for opuama.no full details.plus that of diriyai is pending
It will be same outcome

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Affirms Election Of Douye Diri As Bayelsa Governor by Dansuqi: 11:18am On Aug 15, 2020
fergie001:

You knew from the beginning, this was the outcome.

I knew nothing.the battle is not over.up to appeal and supreme

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Affirms Election Of Douye Diri As Bayelsa Governor by Dansuqi: 11:18am On Aug 15, 2020
fergie001:

same outcome

You lie.

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Affirms Election Of Douye Diri As Bayelsa Governor by fergie001: 11:20am On Aug 15, 2020
Dansuqi:

I knew nothing.the battle is not over.up to appeal and supreme
No P...we all knew how Alaibe ended his own sha.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tribunal Affirms Election Of Douye Diri As Bayelsa Governor by Dansuqi: 11:21am On Aug 15, 2020

The three-man panel took the decision on Saturday a month after the Supreme Court dismissed an appeal filed by a former aspirant of the Bayelsa governorship election under the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Timi Alaibe, challenging the candidacy of Senator Diri in the November 2019 election.

In a unanimous judgment delivered by Justice Owodunni, the tribunal held that the petition filed by mister Owei Woniwei of the Alliance for Democracy is incompetent and lacks merit.

READ ALSO: Bayelsa Election: Governor Duoye Diri To Know Fate As Tribunal Set For Judgement

The Tribunal further held that the petitioner failed to prove the allegations of the forged declaration of age and the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) discharged certificate levelled against the Deputy Governor, Senator Lawrence.

Op you misled us.this is not opuama's case.this is irrelevant
Re: Tribunal Affirms Election Of Douye Diri As Bayelsa Governor by Dansuqi: 11:21am On Aug 15, 2020
fergie001:

No P...we all knew how Alaibe ended his own sha.

Wait till opuama and diriyai own are thrashed
Re: Tribunal Affirms Election Of Douye Diri As Bayelsa Governor by AAA593: 11:23am On Aug 15, 2020
fergie001:

I 8-2 to imagine.
Yes. First case dismissed.. Vijah will go same way
Re: Tribunal Affirms Election Of Douye Diri As Bayelsa Governor by Cyberterror: 11:26am On Aug 15, 2020
Congrats to him. He has a divine mandate to govern, just like Governor Hope Uzodinma of Imo state.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tribunal Affirms Election Of Douye Diri As Bayelsa Governor by Maxymilliano(m): 11:26am On Aug 15, 2020
I already predicted earlier that tue case will be struck out as another academic exercise ..

A welcome development by the way.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tribunal Affirms Election Of Douye Diri As Bayelsa Governor by AAA593: 11:29am On Aug 15, 2020
Breaking: second case dismissed
Re: Tribunal Affirms Election Of Douye Diri As Bayelsa Governor by fergie001: 11:32am On Aug 15, 2020
Dansuqi:
Op you misled us.this is not opuama's case.this is irrelevant
I know you are not a Barca fan but hope everything is alright?

Did I mention any name here?

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Affirms Election Of Douye Diri As Bayelsa Governor by fergie001: 11:33am On Aug 15, 2020
AAA593:
Tell them abeg.
Re: Tribunal Affirms Election Of Douye Diri As Bayelsa Governor by Dansuqi: 11:34am On Aug 15, 2020
fergie001:

I know you are not a Barca fan but hope everything is alright?

Did I mention any name here?

Oga,the major case is that of opuama and diriyai...
Re: Tribunal Affirms Election Of Douye Diri As Bayelsa Governor by Dansuqi: 11:35am On Aug 15, 2020
AAA593:

Which is the second case
Re: Tribunal Affirms Election Of Douye Diri As Bayelsa Governor by Nobody: 11:38am On Aug 15, 2020
Can we rest now?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tribunal Affirms Election Of Douye Diri As Bayelsa Governor by fergie001: 11:39am On Aug 15, 2020
Dansuqi:

Oga,the major case is that of opuama and diriyai...
Which is also premised on the NYSC issue.
Re: Tribunal Affirms Election Of Douye Diri As Bayelsa Governor by fergie001: 11:39am On Aug 15, 2020
Dansuqi:

Which is the second case
They are tackling all the cases today.....the tribunal is still on.
Re: Tribunal Affirms Election Of Douye Diri As Bayelsa Governor by Dansuqi: 11:40am On Aug 15, 2020
fergie001:

Which is also premised on the NYSC issue.

Yes but different evidences

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Affirms Election Of Douye Diri As Bayelsa Governor by Dansuqi: 11:41am On Aug 15, 2020
fergie001:

They are tackling all the cases today.....the tribunal is still on.

I know that's why I said let's wait first

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Monguno’s Comment: Dasuki’s Case ‘will Be A Child’s Play When Buhari Leaves / Switzerland Returns Abacha's $700m Loot To Nigerian Government / Andrew Fleming & His Wife Wear Nigerian Attires As They Travel To Vietnam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.