Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,815 members, 7,837,930 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

Tribunal Affirms Election Of Douye Diri As Bayelsa Governor - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribunal Affirms Election Of Douye Diri As Bayelsa Governor (22669 Views)

Douye Diri Swears-In Patience Diri As High Court Judge In Bayelsa State / Court Affirms Douye Diri As Bayelsa PDP Candidate, Timi Alaibe Loses / APC Rejects Diri As Bayelsa Governor-Elect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tribunal Affirms Election Of Douye Diri As Bayelsa Governor by AAA593: 4:04pm On Aug 15, 2020
Dansuqi:

I am convinced personally that the deputy forged his certificates despite whatever the court says.it is obvious that the powers that be do not want diri out.
Looking at the judgment,it is funny.how can the petitioner bring the person who had the certificate? What if it belong to nobody and it was forged randomly.this is ridiculous and funny and contradicts the February ruling of Mary odili.therefore, the judge conceded that a case of forgery was established
I give up on you this time. Did you see Lawrence credentials bearing different names from primary to tertiary institution like degi?. To establish forgery that the certificate someone is holding is not rightful his, you must provide the original owner of the certificate to testify in court. You were reading fake Facebook papers from vijah thinking he proved anything. I laff u

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Affirms Election Of Douye Diri As Bayelsa Governor by Dansuqi: 4:05pm On Aug 15, 2020
fergie001:

You are not the law court.......I am awaiting SC.
The case was dead immediately Alaibe lost.

The case is not dead.I wonder how you reason.it seems you have joined partial judges and pdp fans who reason sentimentally without looking at the details or merit
Re: Tribunal Affirms Election Of Douye Diri As Bayelsa Governor by fergie001: 4:06pm On Aug 15, 2020
AAA593:

I give up on you this time. Did you see Lawrence credentials bearing different names from primary to tertiary institution like degi?. To establish forgery that the certificate someone is holding is not rightful his, you must provide the original owner of the certificate to testify in court. You were reading fake Facebook papers from vijah thinking he proved anything. I laff u
I wanted to tell him that;
Diri asked the Court to check the inconsistencies of Degi's Certificate.

Opuama is saying he forged it. So provide how?
Forgery is not a simple case.

Mohammed Garba also asked PDP same!

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Affirms Election Of Douye Diri As Bayelsa Governor by fergie001: 4:08pm On Aug 15, 2020
Dansuqi:

The case is not dead.I wonder how you reason.it seems you have joined partial judges and pdp fans who reason sentimentally without looking at the details or merit
I know you will revert to insult but I will stay on course.

I had told you before now, and I made explanations below.....
Please, "calm down"...

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Affirms Election Of Douye Diri As Bayelsa Governor by AAA593: 4:10pm On Aug 15, 2020
fergie001:

God bless you Sir
Re: Tribunal Affirms Election Of Douye Diri As Bayelsa Governor by Dansuqi: 4:16pm On Aug 15, 2020
fergie001:

Mohammed Garba also asked PDP same!

The case was never about forgery but about provision of false information if a fundamental nature.it was proven.like in imo,the supreme court will decide
Re: Tribunal Affirms Election Of Douye Diri As Bayelsa Governor by Dansuqi: 4:17pm On Aug 15, 2020
AAA593:

What about this?

Re: Tribunal Affirms Election Of Douye Diri As Bayelsa Governor by fergie001: 4:19pm On Aug 15, 2020
Dansuqi:

The case was never about forgery but about provision of false information if a fundamental nature.it was proven.like in imo,the supreme court will decide
Please read the case from the beginning....

Its forgery...
Re: Tribunal Affirms Election Of Douye Diri As Bayelsa Governor by AAA593: 4:19pm On Aug 15, 2020
Dansuqi:

What about this?

No Wonder grin grin grin grin
You were following that fake picture from Facebook. Chai grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Nothing like that in this case.
Re: Tribunal Affirms Election Of Douye Diri As Bayelsa Governor by AAA593: 4:20pm On Aug 15, 2020
Dansuqi:

Dansuqi grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Tribunal Affirms Election Of Douye Diri As Bayelsa Governor by Dansuqi: 4:21pm On Aug 15, 2020
AAA593:

No Wonder grin grin grin grin
You were following that fake picture from Facebook. Chai grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Nothing like that in this case.

There is in pastor's case which is still pending
Re: Tribunal Affirms Election Of Douye Diri As Bayelsa Governor by fergie001: 4:21pm On Aug 15, 2020
Dansuqi:

What about this?

Dansuqi.....stop this thing nah...

You don't see any consistency?

So.....Williams Philip John

Can't be the same as Williams P. John
Or
Williams Philip J.
Or
Philip John W.
Or
John P. Williams

Is this the same as Degi's own?
Re: Tribunal Affirms Election Of Douye Diri As Bayelsa Governor by Dansuqi: 4:21pm On Aug 15, 2020
fergie001:

Please read the case from the beginning....

Its forgery...

Diri must go
Re: Tribunal Affirms Election Of Douye Diri As Bayelsa Governor by fergie001: 4:22pm On Aug 15, 2020
AAA593:

Dansuqi grin grin grin grin grin
My bro....I don't know what to say again.
Re: Tribunal Affirms Election Of Douye Diri As Bayelsa Governor by fergie001: 4:22pm On Aug 15, 2020
Dansuqi:

Diri must go
Yes, for second term grin
Re: Tribunal Affirms Election Of Douye Diri As Bayelsa Governor by earnit1: 4:23pm On Aug 15, 2020
ok
Re: Tribunal Affirms Election Of Douye Diri As Bayelsa Governor by AAA593: 4:23pm On Aug 15, 2020
Dansuqi:

There is in pastor's case which is still pending
The Bayelsa State Governorship Election Petition Tribunal on Saturday dismissed another petition filed against the declaration of Douye Diri as governor of Bayelsa State.

The tribunal dismissed the petition filed by Vijay Opuama of the Liberation Movement and held that the petition lacked merit.

The tribunal in the judgment read by its chairman, Justice Muhammad Sirajo, held that there is no inconsistency in the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) exemption certificate of the fourth respondent, Senator Lawrence Ewhrudjapko and his university degree certificate.

It held that the petitioner failed to prove the allegation of certificate forgery against Ewhhrudjakpo, nothing that the petitioner failed to call the person whose certificate he alleged the fourth respondent presented.

It also held that both the governor and his deputy, Ewhrudjakpo were qualified to contest the November 16, 2019 governorship election in the state, adding that contrary to claim of the petitioner, they did not have to resign their position as senators before contesting for the election.

The tribunal further held that both the governor and the deputy governor scored the majority of valid votes in the election.

“The petition is dismissed for lacking in merit,” Justice Sirajo declared.

Tribune Online reports that the tribunal earlier dismissed two petitions against Governor Diri’s election as the state governor.
https://tribuneonlineng.com/bayelsa-tribunal-dismisses-third-petition-against-governor-diris-election/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
Re: Tribunal Affirms Election Of Douye Diri As Bayelsa Governor by AAA593: 4:23pm On Aug 15, 2020
fergie001:

My bro....I don't know what to say again.
Make we leave am
Re: Tribunal Affirms Election Of Douye Diri As Bayelsa Governor by fergie001: 4:24pm On Aug 15, 2020
AAA593:

Make we leave am

garfield1 posted this on nairaland

https://www.nairaland.com/6007747/bayelsa-governorship-election-tribunal-reserves#91978509

Another from garfield1
https://www.nairaland.com/5837846/lm-floors-pdp-tribunal-court#89221457

Internet doesn't lie

Opuama filed for forgery .......
Re: Tribunal Affirms Election Of Douye Diri As Bayelsa Governor by Dansuqi: 4:24pm On Aug 15, 2020
fergie001:

Dansuqi.....stop this thing nah...

You don't see any consistency?

So.....Williams Philip John

Can't be the same as Williams P. John
Or
Williams Philip J.
Or
Philip John W.
Or
John P. Williams

Is this the same as Degi's own?

The surname must be constant and unchanged.Williams must be Williams and not willian,willan,Wilhelm or wiliam
Re: Tribunal Affirms Election Of Douye Diri As Bayelsa Governor by Dansuqi: 4:26pm On Aug 15, 2020
AAA593:

The Bayelsa State Governorship Election Petition Tribunal on Saturday dismissed another petition filed against the declaration of Douye Diri as governor of Bayelsa State.

The tribunal dismissed the petition filed by Vijay Opuama of the Liberation Movement and held that the petition lacked merit.

The tribunal in the judgment read by its chairman, Justice Muhammad Sirajo, held that there is no inconsistency in the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) exemption certificate of the fourth respondent, Senator Lawrence Ewhrudjapko and his university degree certificate.

It held that the petitioner failed to prove the allegation of certificate forgery against Ewhhrudjakpo, nothing that the petitioner failed to call the person whose certificate he alleged the fourth respondent presented.

It also held that both the governor and his deputy, Ewhrudjakpo were qualified to contest the November 16, 2019 governorship election in the state, adding that contrary to claim of the petitioner, they did not have to resign their position as senators before contesting for the election.

The tribunal further held that both the governor and the deputy governor scored the majority of valid votes in the election.

“The petition is dismissed for lacking in merit,” Justice Sirajo declared.

Tribune Online reports that the tribunal earlier dismissed two petitions against Governor Diri’s election as the state governor.
https://tribuneonlineng.com/bayelsa-tribunal-dismisses-third-petition-against-governor-diris-election/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Did you see any pastor ebiziomo there?
Re: Tribunal Affirms Election Of Douye Diri As Bayelsa Governor by fergie001: 4:26pm On Aug 15, 2020
Dansuqi:

The surname must be constant and unchanged.Williams must be Williams and not willian,willan,Wilhelm or wiliam
But there was no spelling error nah....
Re: Tribunal Affirms Election Of Douye Diri As Bayelsa Governor by Dansuqi: 4:27pm On Aug 15, 2020
fergie001:

garfield1 posted this on nairaland

https://www.nairaland.com/6007747/bayelsa-governorship-election-tribunal-reserves#91978509

Internet doesn't lie

What do you mean? One case is still outstanding
Re: Tribunal Affirms Election Of Douye Diri As Bayelsa Governor by Dansuqi: 4:27pm On Aug 15, 2020
fergie001:

But there was no spelling error nah....

Did you check the screenshot well? His surname changed 4 times
Re: Tribunal Affirms Election Of Douye Diri As Bayelsa Governor by fergie001: 4:31pm On Aug 15, 2020
Dansuqi:

Did you check the screenshot well? His surname changed 4 times
Depends on how you want to write it.

Some write their names with first name or surname unless there is a strict rule to it.

I write all my name all the time starting with my surname unless there is an instruction against it.

All names there are same....unlike Degi's..leave this matter.
Re: Tribunal Affirms Election Of Douye Diri As Bayelsa Governor by Dansuqi: 4:33pm On Aug 15, 2020
fergie001:

Depends on how you want to write it.

Some write their names with first name or surname unless there is a strict rule to it.

I write all my name all the time starting with my surname unless there is an instruction against it.

All names there are same....unlike Degi's..leave this matter.

You are not getting it.it is not about arrangement but different spellings.there is ewhrudjakpo,ewruojakpo,ewhrudjakpero,ewhuojakpa? Are there the same?
Re: Tribunal Affirms Election Of Douye Diri As Bayelsa Governor by fergie001: 4:37pm On Aug 15, 2020
Dansuqi:

You are not getting it.it is not about arrangement but different spellings.there is ewhrudjakpo,ewruojakpo,ewhrudjakpero,ewhuojakpa? Are there the same?
Was Degi's problem the spelling?

Mohammed and Muhammadu..have you forgotten?
Livinus and Livy....

Justice Mohammed Garba....(kahal29, 2019)
Re: Tribunal Affirms Election Of Douye Diri As Bayelsa Governor by Dansuqi: 4:57pm On Aug 15, 2020
fergie001:

Was Degi's problem the spelling?

Mohammed and Muhammadu..have you forgotten?
Livinus and Livy....

Justice Mohammed Garba....(kahal29, 2019)

You are still not getting it.right from school,we were told that the most important part of our names is the surname and it is the major decider in this kind of cases.surnames must be constantit is the crux.Mohammed and mohammadu are not our president surname just as livi or livinus is not the pdp lawyer's surname.Degi had different surnames like adegi,degi eremionyo.
Bayelsa deputy governor has different surnames sir.the court erred
Re: Tribunal Affirms Election Of Douye Diri As Bayelsa Governor by Yus2020: 5:11pm On Aug 15, 2020
The biggest theif in Nigeria all of them are from the north Ibrahim babangida AKA IBB, Abacha and Buhari
Re: Tribunal Affirms Election Of Douye Diri As Bayelsa Governor by fergie001: 6:11pm On Aug 15, 2020
Dansuqi:

You are still not getting it.right from school,we were told that the most important part of our names is the surname and it is the major decider in this kind of cases.surnames must be constantit is the crux.Mohammed and mohammadu are not our president surname just as livi or livinus is not the pdp lawyer's surname.Degi had different surnames like adegi,degi eremionyo.
Bayelsa deputy governor has different surnames sir.the court erred
Abeg....You can appeal o
Re: Tribunal Affirms Election Of Douye Diri As Bayelsa Governor by Sirblez: 8:06pm On Aug 15, 2020
Congratulations to the Miracle Governor...after all the noise that case that Ogbia AKAMU���
Re: Tribunal Affirms Election Of Douye Diri As Bayelsa Governor by Dansuqi: 8:51pm On Aug 15, 2020
fergie001:

Abeg....You can appeal o

In summary,I won a major legal battle against you.all the preliminary objections raised by pdp which you supported and which I argued against were struck out.
1 the tribunal rightly held that the cause of action for election petition arose from the day the certificate of return was given to the winner while you argued that it started from when the elections ended and was announced..

2 you claimed that deregistration of LM will affect the suit but the tribunal agreed with my position vlbased on the appeal court ruling..

Thirdly,the tribunal also agreed that a candidate can file a petition without his party and vice versa as enshrined in the electoral act.this third point was the greatest blow as you heavily argued this inspite of all my points.

Therefore,it is incumbent on you to support my point of view that there is something wrong with the judgment.you must give me the benefit of the doubt

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jumbo Pay: Emeka Anyaoku’s ‘atomic Bomb’ / No Work, No Pay, FG Tells Workers / Orji Uzor Kalu Storms Anambra State Ahead Of Governorship Election

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.