Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,749 members, 7,809,866 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:18 PM

Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours (47091 Views)

Groom's Parents, Siblings, Others Die In Fatal Accident After Wedding In Bayelsa / Lagos Traffic- Life Inside The World's Worst Traffic Jam / Ambode Solving Lagos Traffic Problems With Common Sense (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by folake4u(f): 2:35pm On Aug 15, 2020
undecided 7hours traffic and still be in one place? Nah, I cannot can. I don't think I can stay in Lagos. Nah, not for me.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by NkemChukwudi: 2:37pm On Aug 15, 2020
kalvoken:
My uncles swore never to attend anything we decides to hold in LAGOS, after experiencing those sunday TRAFFIC when they came for my brother's wedding. grin grin grin

They were like; IF IT'S NOT HOLDING IN ENUGU, JUST SEND US THE VIDEO OF HOW THINGS WENT.

You can all go back to your Enugu!
Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by mechanics(m): 2:37pm On Aug 15, 2020
Nawa o, Lagos traffic is really terrible.
Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by lastclaire4(f): 2:40pm On Aug 15, 2020
Kingpele:
Chai... Hahaha the man will be feeling like barca fans last night... Today is a blessed day our last born is a year older today and I lost an footballer brother based in Europe today 4years ago ... Continue to rest in peace pele jr

So sorry

1 Like

Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by lexy2014: 2:42pm On Aug 15, 2020
Mchenryfreeman:
I still don't understand what causes lagos traffic

In most cases, nothing
Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by Offpoint: 2:43pm On Aug 15, 2020
My first journey to Lagos was hell...

5 hours from my location Lagos, got to Lagos 11am... Imagine from Ojota to my location in Lagos, what shouldn't have taken me an hour... Got there 8pm. I slept for 2 days

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by iampeterben(m): 2:45pm On Aug 15, 2020
WhisperedNoise:
The write up is beautiful and entertaining. The writer did a great job.
Lagos' traffic can actually give sumborri high blood pressure.
I remember the day I went for a conference in VI. I left Ikorodu (Agric o) 7am; got to VI 12.30pm.
When I got to the venue, I saw people trooping out - lo and behold, they'd finished the conferece.
Me I kuku entered the venue, sat down and enjoyed sweet a/c for like an hour. Also chatted with one of the facilitators.

I kent comman waste transport fare biko tongue
Jesus! I feel your pain man. We are in this together.
Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by adanny01(m): 2:45pm On Aug 15, 2020
Meanwhile, at my friends wedding in Kaduna, after the church wedding the convoy of grooms men and some yoyo bride maids had not arrived the reception venue 2hrs after leaving church.

Even the bride and groom had gone home, ate, refreshed and changed clothes and had arrived the reception.

There were endless calls because even the best man was not there and there was no traffic at all. The reception could not go on without the usual dance entrance.

Apparently, they were all drinking beer at a joint. Omo come see dancing, that reception was lit.

Immediately after the couple sat down inn the reception, we relocated to the club adjacent the wedding hall.

Naija weddings sha.

Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by NkemChukwudi: 2:45pm On Aug 15, 2020
Foolish man!!! The world has really gone MAD!!!

A Yoruba father of the groom said he “prostrated to the father of the bride!!!!! angry shocked

Foolish man, it’s no wonder the country is full of cowards and sissy crying men!
Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by juman(m): 2:47pm On Aug 15, 2020
Population of lagos is more than twenty million people.
People living there and those that are visitors for a day or few days doing businesses.

Its so high because in most of other states nothing tangible is happening.
If we have stable electricity more than fifty percent of the people would move back to their home states.

One nigeria is a failure.
Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by Taiwojon(m): 2:49pm On Aug 15, 2020
Islie:

PUNCH
say no to delay
Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by AMvanquish: 2:56pm On Aug 15, 2020
The Day I spent 6 Hours in traffic from V.I. to Ebutte Metta, then I knew Lagos traffic is the mother of all traffic.
I was reading a Newspaper, fell asleep, woke up and continued reading, fell asleep again , woke up again and finished reading the paper and we we're still in traffic.
Abuja to Kano sef is 5- 6 Hours when the roads were good.
The stress on Lagos roads is not for the faint hearted.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by Drizzy5001(m): 3:02pm On Aug 15, 2020
Reference:

Absolutely. There is nowhere I am going I cannot make it in 15 minutes though I don't roam about town. The furtherest is the airport and that is 45 minutes of high speed driving.... love that.
u mean in Abuja abi? I just love the environment, very simple and neat.
Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by Nobody: 3:02pm On Aug 15, 2020
No need to fret. Just turn it to night party.
Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by Nobody: 3:05pm On Aug 15, 2020
[s]
NkemChukwudi:
Foolish man!!! The world has really gone MAD!!!

A Yoruba father of the groom said he “prostrated to the father of the bride!!!!! angry shocked

Foolish man, it’s no wonder the country is full of cowards and sissy crying men!
[/s]

Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by Kingpele(m): 3:05pm On Aug 15, 2020
[quote author=lastclaire4 post=92848647]

So sorry[thank u, is just feel like a bad dream but God is good always
Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by fujirice: 3:12pm On Aug 15, 2020
GboyegaD:
The guy no try. He isn't new to the traffic and could have ensured securing accommodation for important people around the venue.
Same thing I did on my wedding day.
I moved everything to one location (A hotel). Did a very small church wedding in a small garden close to the reception ground and after the photo op, My wife and I went into our room to eat and freshen up.
After an hour we just strolled to the reception ground and party continued.

Spend that extra money and give yourself peace of mind.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by Chicastle: 3:23pm On Aug 15, 2020
Kobicove:
Don't ever assume the roads would be free of traffic in Lagos undecided

Mbanu
Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by Chicastle: 3:24pm On Aug 15, 2020
Queenlovely:
on wedding day, everything and anything can go wrong, even after the best preparation, one final hiccup can happen

it’s time for you to get back into the planning stages. No wedding is perfect so enjoy the process and don’t forget to laugh a little! Life throws a lot of curve balls, so don’t take it too seriously.

2016 we went to a wedding fathia in Montenegro and the bride fell and broke her leg because of the high heels,

life is never a straight line(linear ). nothing goes as planned

Murphy's law is an adage or epigram that is typically stated as: "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong".

Baby
Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by GboyegaD(m): 3:28pm On Aug 15, 2020
fujirice:

Same thing I did on my wedding day.
I moved everything to one location (A hotel). Did a very small church wedding in a small garden close to the reception ground and after the photo op, My wife and I went into our room to eat and freshen up.
After an hour we just strolled to the reception ground and party continued.

Spend that extra money and give yourself peace of mind.

I'm telling you. It is best to avoid stories as this. I wouldn't advice one moves everyone though. Immediate family members on both sides is enough. For other guest invited by family members, those that invited then should sort them.
Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by TPound(m): 3:39pm On Aug 15, 2020
Islie:

PUNCH

Assumption is a disease...you might survive it... You might not
Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by udemzyudex(m): 3:57pm On Aug 15, 2020
Thanks to sanwo olu, no Gokada or opay to help them out.
Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by mywells: 4:01pm On Aug 15, 2020
The whole thwirty six states and each state has differents tribes,all these tribes of these 36 states are all residents of lagos both home and the homeless,neibouring countries are not exempted ,including other foreigners from all works of life.
Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by SocialJustice: 4:07pm On Aug 15, 2020
GboyegaD:
The guy no try. He isn't new to the traffic and could have ensured securing accommodation for important people around the venue.
With money you gave him abi?
Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by earnit1: 4:08pm On Aug 15, 2020
hmmmm
Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by GboyegaD(m): 4:09pm On Aug 15, 2020
SocialJustice:
With money you gave him abi?

I don't have to give him money however, those planning wedding could take a cue.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by dafeoroyo: 4:10pm On Aug 15, 2020
Because if traffic my wife arrived at our wedding 3 hours behind the schedule time,Omo e no funny that day at all
Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by Ishilove: 4:25pm On Aug 15, 2020
Whoever told them to pass that route did not do them well. From Kudirat Abiola they should have passed through Ikeja, to Iyana Dopemu, then Akowonjo round about, and link straight to Ejigbo via Orisumbare. The journey wouldn't have been more than two hours with the traffic. See the useless Isrealite journey they suffered.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by Advancedman(m): 4:25pm On Aug 15, 2020
Islie:

PUNCH

Not funny people should be proactive players and coach with vital technical crew always travel together others can come later.
For me if possible all key individuals and personality should be lodge in Ejigbo the previous night.
Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by petitejolie(f): 4:29pm On Aug 15, 2020
U have to lodge in a hotel or stay with someone close to d venue a day before the wedding. So that u can already trekk for like 45mins if worse comes to worse. Its risky staying far away from a wedding venue in lagos as long as ure one of d major actors in that wedding.
Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by Sweetcho: 4:51pm On Aug 15, 2020
Poor man what a palaver. Anyway better late than never
Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by DabFrankNG: 4:56pm On Aug 15, 2020
This is not a new thing in Lagos. Some people once shared several coolers of food
meant for their wedding reception in the hold up along Lagos-Ibadan express way

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Heavily Overloaded Bus Spotted Recently On A Highway (pics/video) / Cynthia Precious Imhansi-Jacob Certified As Pilot By US Flight Academy / 10 Most Popular Areas In Lagos And The Origin Of Their Names

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.