Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,964 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours (47117 Views)

Groom's Parents, Siblings, Others Die In Fatal Accident After Wedding In Bayelsa / Lagos Traffic- Life Inside The World's Worst Traffic Jam / Ambode Solving Lagos Traffic Problems With Common Sense (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by Nobody: 4:56pm On Aug 15, 2020
To save yourslef stress when getting married in Lagos, make sure the church venue and reception venue is not too far away from each other. So that if the worst happens, everyone can just trek from church to reception.
Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by openmine(m): 4:57pm On Aug 15, 2020
Seriously Lagos traffic is mad!
I Remember going for a training but knowing what to expect, I left around 5:30 am using uber only to still meet a traffic jam....as in ehh
I ended up getting to the training centre around 9:30am...and this is meant to be less than an hour journey!
Those who reside at Lagos are really trying!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by Nobody: 5:02pm On Aug 15, 2020
EyezofGod120:
grin dem for come out dey use leg trek am,,at least 3hrs dem.go reach where dem.dey go instead of 7hours,,use your head
Terrible traffic has made me trek from Iyanapaja to Oshodi. The shoe I used to trek was condemned. I couldn't use the shoe again because the e be like say I dey match ordinary ground when I wear the shoe.
Sometimes in this terrible traffic, the people trekking are better off than the ones sitting in their vehicles. I trekked for like 2 and a half hours. My leg hear am that day.
Lagos traffic can be very terrible !
Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by Bahamas95(m): 5:14pm On Aug 15, 2020

Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by khatea: 5:16pm On Aug 15, 2020
EyezofGod120:
grin dem for come out dey use leg trek am,,at least 3hrs dem.go reach where dem.dey go instead of 7hours,,use your head

U won't drop dis sh*t if u know d distance between Arepo and Ejigbo. Yes! Lagos traffic is unpredictable but Berger - Ikeja along - Egbeda - Shasha - Orisunmbare - Military zone - Idimu road in Ejigbo cld v been dia best route tho! Dunno what dey went to pick in ojota let alone oshodi sha
Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by Nobody: 5:31pm On Aug 15, 2020
The city of Lagos wasn't planned properly. They need someone like El-Rufai to put that city in order. Ffs it's only Lagos that you can buy food stuff and prepare soup while stuck in a traffic jam. The hold up is second to none. Sometimes, you would be a stone throw away from your residence but stuck in the jam for hours.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by Burgerlomo: 5:32pm On Aug 15, 2020
Things happen for a reason cool
Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by djon78(m): 5:39pm On Aug 15, 2020
Islie:

PUNCH

The day I made up my mind that I was done with Lagos was the day Dangotes daughter was wedding. I had a 5pm flight to catch to Enugu. Left ikoyi by 12 30pm reached airport almost 6pm. Horrible traffic
Missed my flight and was rescheduled two days later.
That day I made up my mind that I was done with Lagos.
Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by SpicyMimi(f): 6:03pm On Aug 15, 2020
I believe I experienced the same traffic, as I just stepped to go pick an item that could have picked anytime I want but I decided to go on Saturday being a free day....mehnnnn the traffic felt like Monday evening traffic and even more! It was standstill!!! I was so pained because I could have been at home relaxing and watching TV, but there I was in the traffic and my legs ehn!
Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by Estanie: 6:15pm On Aug 15, 2020
Mchenryfreeman:
I still don't understand what causes lagos traffic
Impatient
Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by KosiGee(m): 6:55pm On Aug 15, 2020
Mchenryfreeman:
I still don't understand what causes lagos traffic

Really!!!??

Lagos is overcrowded. Imagine a kirikiri prison or Panti cell meant to accommodate maximum of 4 people but inside is 400 people.

Lagos needs a metro train link that is more efficient than London Underground.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by KosiGee(m): 6:58pm On Aug 15, 2020
Estanie:
Impatient

Impatience is a tertiary issue.
Lagos transport system is a huge embarrassment and a terrible mess.
Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by WhisperedNoise: 7:22pm On Aug 15, 2020
kalvoken:

I once paid 5h from ikeja to Dopemu under bridge, but I came down at Ile zik to continue with my leg.
The wicked conductor knew how the road is, so he collected his money before anyone could sit. See men on suit trekking and sweating.

Haha
Lagos life na hustle life o. May God bless the works of our hands.
Amen.
Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by Nobody: 8:03pm On Aug 15, 2020
If I'm the father I would have give them order to go ahead with the wedding. Let another elderly person from the family represent me.
Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by kalvoken(m): 9:55pm On Aug 15, 2020
WhisperedNoise:

Haha
Lagos life na hustle life o. May God bless the works of our hands.
Amen.

Amen
Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by delpee(f): 10:51pm On Aug 15, 2020
Crochet:
He could have avoid this mess by lodging his parents in a hotel close to the venue of the wedding. Smhw common sense is not common

Absolutely right! They could also have stayed with relatives within town overnight.

I once lodged in an hotel overnight to attend an Uncle's funeral within Lagos. I couldn't risk moving from one end of town to another on a Friday morning. After Service of Songs on Thursday, I checked in and got to the Church within 5 minutes early the next morning. Aiye o le. Always wise not to gamble with Lagos traffic.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by Blackmiserable(m): 11:18pm On Aug 15, 2020
pyyxxaro:
Assumption is the Mother of all Fuucck Up
Please tell me again
Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by Blackmiserable(m): 11:29pm On Aug 15, 2020
Queenlovely:
on wedding day, everything and anything can go wrong, even after the best preparation, one final hiccup can happen

it’s time for you to get back into the planning stages. No wedding is perfect so enjoy the process and don’t forget to laugh a little! Life throws a lot of curve balls, so don’t take it too seriously.

2016 we went to a wedding fathia in Montenegro and the bride fell and broke her leg because of the high heels,

life is never a straight line(linear ). nothing goes as planned

Murphy's law is an adage or epigram that is typically stated as: "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong".

If the world has 1, 000 persons who think like you, the world would be a better place The problem is, we are too optimistic.
Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by Driveway: 6:20am On Aug 16, 2020
Haba!!!That's high risk miscalculation, leaving Arepo 12:30pm for an event at Ejigbo at 2pm. Two different Ogun/Lagos Axis, And also no knowledge of faster route to take. They fumbled.
Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by spaggyy(m): 6:21am On Aug 16, 2020
kalvoken:

I once paid 5h from ikeja to Dopemu under bridge, but I came down at Ile zik to continue with my leg.
The wicked conductor knew how the road is, so he collected his money before anyone could sit. See men on suit trekking and sweating.

I always check my google map, to know the right means of transport to go by at that moment, bike brt or danfo.

If I am driving I will just relax and enjoy the music
Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by Driveway: 6:27am On Aug 16, 2020
Choi, Driver and conductor don cash out, that axis one of the top 3 notorious traffic route in Lagos. When the traffic start you go run
kalvoken:

Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by larrypourl(m): 2:00pm On Aug 16, 2020
WhisperedNoise:
The write up is beautiful and entertaining. The writer did a great job.
Lagos' traffic can actually give sumborri high blood pressure.
I remember the day I went for a conference in VI. I left Ikorodu (Agric o) 7am; got to VI 12.30pm.
When I got to the venue, I saw people trooping out - lo and behold, they'd finished the conferece.
Me I kuku entered the venue, sat down and enjoyed sweet a/c for like an hour. Also chatted with one of the facilitators.

I kent comman waste transport fare biko tongue

Yours was good bro, 7am - 12-30pm.

There was an era when you have to pay your land use charge bill to the bank and take your teller to Alausa to get receipt and cleared. I left Ikorodu garage at 9am and got to Ojota at 3:45pm. I was about turning back at that junction because the normal Alausa staff won't attend to you at such time, called Dad to update him and encouraged me to get to Alausa, funny enough the trip to Alausa was really free and I was attended to that day.
Since I relocated out of Lagos since 2017, I've been grateful honestly. I even wake up 7:30 here and still get to office before 8am. Na real Eko for show.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by Nobody: 7:05pm On Aug 16, 2020
That Lagos is not a place I can settle. Hiian! undecided
Re: Lagos Traffic Trapped Groom’s Parents, Delayed Marriage For Seven Hours by WhisperedNoise: 4:47pm On Aug 17, 2020
larrypourl:

Yours was good bro, 7am - 12-30pm.

There was an era when you have to pay your land use charge bill to the bank and take your teller to Alausa to get receipt and cleared. I left Ikorodu garage at 9am and got to Ojota at 3:45pm. I was about turning back at that junction because the normal Alausa staff won't attend to you at such time, called Dad to update him and encouraged me to get to Alausa, funny enough the trip to Alausa was really free and I was attended to that day.
Since I relocated out of Lagos since 2017, I've been grateful honestly. I even wake up 7:30 here and still get to office before 8am. Na real Eko for show.
Woow
That's serious. There are many things that cut short the life of an average Nigerian - Lagos stress is one of them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments / My Journey To Qatar / The 3-in-1 Flyover In Kano State Is Completed And Getting Ready For Commission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.