Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,544 members, 7,819,932 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

Reverse Migration. White Euros Immigrate To Angola In Truckloads - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reverse Migration. White Euros Immigrate To Angola In Truckloads (3268 Views)

Angola Bans Islam And Shuts Down All Mosques Across The Country / Atiku To Buhari: Reverse PHCN Privatisation / Angola Set To Overtake Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reverse Migration. White Euros Immigrate To Angola In Truckloads by buzugee(m): 8:30pm On Feb 15, 2011
Re: Reverse Migration. White Euros Immigrate To Angola In Truckloads by ekubear1: 9:04pm On Feb 15, 2011
Heh.
Re: Reverse Migration. White Euros Immigrate To Angola In Truckloads by seanet02: 9:41pm On Feb 15, 2011
Rotflamao
Re: Reverse Migration. White Euros Immigrate To Angola In Truckloads by SEFAGO(m): 10:04pm On Feb 15, 2011
I hope they are rejecting them oyibo visa fine fine.

What confuses me is this though- I heard that the Angolan government is very strict about the hiring of expatriates. Apparently for every 1 expatriate they hire, they are required to hire 4-5 Angolans at equivalent rates. Its difficult for Nigerians to access the angolan market and even ghana because of the visa requirements and now they are giving europeans

What happened to african solidarity?
Re: Reverse Migration. White Euros Immigrate To Angola In Truckloads by Nobody: 10:07pm On Feb 15, 2011
they might be angolan through their parents or grandparents, since a lot of angolan portuguese left after independence, i think.

john kerry's wife was born in angola and spent part of her life there if i remember correctly.
Re: Reverse Migration. White Euros Immigrate To Angola In Truckloads by AjanleKoko: 10:08pm On Feb 15, 2011
SEFAGO:

I hope they are rejecting them oyibo visa fine fine.

What confuses me is this though- I heard that the Angolan government is very strict about the hiring of expatriates. Apparently for every  1 expatriate they hire, they are required to hire 4-5 Angolans at equivalent rates. Its difficult for Nigerians to access the angolan market and even ghana because of the visa requirements and now they are giving europeans

What happened to african solidarity?

Prolly tied to the major deals. Most of the time, the companies prospecting for oil show up with planeloads of white expats. Happened for years in Nigeria. Thanks to kidnapping, militancy, and PIB, they've slowed down somewhat.
Re: Reverse Migration. White Euros Immigrate To Angola In Truckloads by SEFAGO(m): 10:16pm On Feb 15, 2011
^ I guessed as well, most Nigerians are heading there to look for jobs as opposed to bringing anything new anyways.

So sad if NNPC had  managed to monopolize oil profits with little involvement of foreign companies, they could have had enough funds to start buying oil blocs in angola and then enhance Nigerian colonization of africa  grin

Thanks to kidnapping, militancy, and PIB, they've slowed down somewhat.

LOL, well that could be one way of looking at it. Most of these expatriates are daft lol and definitely not skilled workers. I met a couple of french engineers from Total and those guys were dumb as bricks. Then they were telling me how corrupt my country was and I wanted to beat the hell out of them. Lucky they are white cheesy
Re: Reverse Migration. White Euros Immigrate To Angola In Truckloads by olaolabiy: 11:30pm On Feb 15, 2011
I think Mourinho's wife was born there too.

Now, Westerners can kill to obtain their visas.

Nigeria is loose compared to Angola.
Re: Reverse Migration. White Euros Immigrate To Angola In Truckloads by juman(m): 11:56pm On Feb 15, 2011
Do we have leaders in yoruba land??
Re: Reverse Migration. White Euros Immigrate To Angola In Truckloads by olaolabiy: 11:58pm On Feb 15, 2011
^^I think so but why?
Re: Reverse Migration. White Euros Immigrate To Angola In Truckloads by KnowAll(m): 1:24am On Feb 16, 2011
Portugal is dead broke, they have noting hence why they are all migrating to Angola can u imagine a Portuguese man that
should be on d dough in Portugal getting $5,000.00 a month in Angola.
Re: Reverse Migration. White Euros Immigrate To Angola In Truckloads by ekubear1: 2:37am On Feb 16, 2011
KnowAll:

Portugal is dead broke, they have noting hence why they are all migrating to Angola can u imagine a  Portuguese man that
should be on d dough in Portugal getting $5,000.00 a month in Angola.

Most of those southern european countries are mismanaged, from what I hear  undecided

SEFAGO:

So sad if NNPC had  managed to monopolize oil profits with little involvement of foreign companies, they could have had enough funds to start buying oil blocs in angola and then enhance Nigerian colonization of africa  grin
Indeed.

LOL, well that could be one way of looking at it. Most of these expatriates are daft lol and definitely not skilled workers. I met a couple of  french engineers from Total and those guys were dumb as bricks. Then they were telling me how corrupt my country was and I wanted to beat the hell out of them. Lucky they are white  cheesy
Yeah, I've seen this too myself. Met a bunch of white programmer/IT types who work for Shell in PHC in 2006. . . some are good, but most are mediocrities.

Must be nice to export mediocre folk to Nigeria and have them paid craploads of cash.
Re: Reverse Migration. White Euros Immigrate To Angola In Truckloads by Horus(m): 10:25pm On Feb 23, 2012
[flash=450,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhNyRNLyH9I[/flash]

Tens of thousands of Portuguese seek jobs in Africa

In 2011, at least 10,000 Portuguese people have moved to Angola. Portugal has been hit hard by Europe's economic crisis, with its economy continuing to shrink and unemployment still rising. Tens of thousands of Portuguese have been forced to leave their country to seek a brighter future, and an increasing number are applying for visas to former colonies such as Angola, Mozambique and Brazil.
Re: Reverse Migration. White Euros Immigrate To Angola In Truckloads by tunnytox(m): 10:38pm On Feb 23, 2012
This is what should be happening in Nigeria but unfortunately the reverse is the case, now some Nigerians are even seeking visas to travel to places like Kazakhstan!
Re: Reverse Migration. White Euros Immigrate To Angola In Truckloads by Rossikk(m): 11:07pm On Feb 23, 2012
^^^ You're wrong. There have been several documentaries recently on the large numbers of diaspora Nigerians returning home to settle and start businesses. The same is happening in Nigeria.
Re: Reverse Migration. White Euros Immigrate To Angola In Truckloads by tunnytox(m): 11:13pm On Feb 23, 2012
Rossikk:

^^^ You're wrong. There have been several documentaries recently on the large numbers of diaspora Nigerians returning home to settle and start businesses. The same is happening in Nigeria.

Really?
Re: Reverse Migration. White Euros Immigrate To Angola In Truckloads by itstpia1: 5:33am On Oct 18, 2014

(1) (Reply)

Namadi Sambo Asks Army Recruits To Remain Loyal To GEJ / Pls Stop Paying Nepa Bills / 5 Things That Will Go Wrong If Jonathan Is Not Re-elected In 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.