Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,766 members, 7,831,458 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) (101657 Views)

Steps Where Jesus walked Healed a Blind Man Unearthed In Jerusalem / Archaeology: Explorers '99.9% Sure' Remains Of Noah's Ark Is Discovered (Photos) / Archaeology Proves Exodus From Egypt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by kingxsamz(m): 12:54pm On Aug 16, 2020
Tetehjewels:

Do a quick rewind on our conversation little minded fellow and you will see you were the one who begin asserting the non existence of God when all I asked was a scientific question.

As a atheist you are supposed to be a rational thinker and rational thinkers are not limited to a train of thought such as you have which was why I said your brain is in a bottle.

From Quora

If you hold a position that God does not exist then show me evidence to that effect.

Even in science experiments are done over time to determine if a hypothesis is true or false and when proven to be true it becomes a scientific law.

Same thing is being demanded from you here.

I repeat, "present an absolute omnipresent, omnipotent and eternal research or facts to support your God does not exist mindset".

Is this too difficult for you to understand?
Nawa o.
Abeg, who's this kid sef? grin
What part of "The burden of proof is on you" don't you understand?
Atheists did not just wake up one day and say "there's no god". Theists are the ones who proposed this idea (God) first. So it's their job to prove it.

You cannot disprove what hasn't been proven.

Simple English o.
You even went to quora to copy and paste what I don't know. Nawa cheesy
This guy sef.
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by kingxsamz(m): 1:01pm On Aug 16, 2020
Tetehjewels:

[b] Do a quick rewind on our conversation little minded fellow and you will see you were the one who begin asserting the non existence of God [/b]when all I asked was a scientific question.

Did I quote you? cheesy
I was talking to that other clown, and you jumped in. What'd you expect?
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Emary(f): 1:02pm On Aug 16, 2020
ZINIBANKS:

Since you don't want to tell us it's no problem
But what I sha know is that this person is already a old woman in her early 30s grin
But phones are not too rampant then
So what do you now use maybe you go to cafe

Your ignorance shines brighter with every utterance you make.
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Nobody: 1:04pm On Aug 16, 2020
kingxsamz:

Nawa o.
Abeg, who's this kid sef? grin
What part of "The burden of proof is on you" don't you understand?
Atheists did not just wake up one day and say "there's no god". Theists are the ones who proposed this idea (God) first. So it's their job to prove it.

You cannot disprove what hasn't been proven.

Simple English o.
You even went to quora to copy and paste what I don't know. Nawa cheesy
This guy sef.

You cannot disprove what has not been proven yet you have already proven to yourself that God does not exist grin

What colour is your confusion?

Since you have already proven to yourself that God does not exist, I need to see this proof of yours in line with the terms I gave.

SIMPLE!

Stop embarrassing yourself with these your Bob and weave tactic. It simply shows your shallow mindedness.
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Pelecius: 1:06pm On Aug 16, 2020
Tetehjewels:

You cannot disprove what has not been proven yet you have already proven to yourself that God does not exist grin

Since you have already proven to yourself that God does not exist, I need to see this proof of yours in line with the terms I gave.

SIMPLE!

Stop embarrassing yourself with these your Bob and weave tactic. It simply shows your shallow mindedness.
grin grin

MODIFIED
The philosophy behind atheism (which fuels evolution also) is not known or understood by many. It does not stand at all and that's why questions about the beginning are evaded. Where desperate attempts have brought about fantasies and just-so-stories of how nothing exploded and created everything. Also the issues of good and evil becomes vague, yet atheists question why God does not do this or that? But you can't have your cake and eat it at same time. There's no concept of good and evil in atheism, so how do you accuse God of being evil?
Again, where will they get concept of ABSOLUTE TRUTH? What will bring the standard for determining absolute truth if brains are just product of chemicals reactions? How do you expect me to know that the product (truth) of the chemical reactions in your brain is true while mine is false? Who set the standard? How can you even know that what your brain is giving is true if there's no concept of absolute truth?

These philosophical questions and others are unknown to wannabe atheists in many parts of the world, Nigeria especially. Yet they think religious folks are dumb

1 Like

Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by cybriz82(m): 1:10pm On Aug 16, 2020
SegFault:

They told us to do an experiment with a piece of yam and it proved the theory as a law so keep quiet. But as a person I don't accept theories without doubt, for example the Big Bang Theory, String Theory (which still confuses me) etc. The only one I suspect is true is The evolution theory by Charles Darwin.

Pointless...
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by marsman: 1:12pm On Aug 16, 2020
kingxsamz:

Alright bro... Peace.
peace be unto you too
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Nobody: 1:13pm On Aug 16, 2020
Emary:

Your ignorance shines brighter with every utterance you make.
How please
Hope I didn't sound insultive
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by marsman: 1:14pm On Aug 16, 2020
kingxsamz:

Show me some of these mofos who believe in voodoo.
I'm waiting. cheesy
Just mention three atheists here.
No body cares about some desperate attention seeking joke of a people on NL
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by kingxsamz(m): 1:17pm On Aug 16, 2020
Tetehjewels:

SIMPLE!

Omo my guy. I'll leave you to your ignorance.
You're not arguing to learn, but arguing to reply. cheesy
I suggest you drop your book of fiction aka the bible and read wide. You can even visit that quora and learn about the burden of proof. Stop limiting your brain.

If I ask you if you believe the spaghetti monster exists and wants you to serve him, you'll say no.
Go and educate yourself bro. cheesy
I won't waste my time on you anymore.

Don't forget to read on The burden of proof.
Good day. cheesy
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by kingxsamz(m): 1:17pm On Aug 16, 2020
marsman:

No body cares about some desperate attention seeking joke of a people on NL

Alright then.
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by LordReed(m): 1:22pm On Aug 16, 2020
Exmilitant:
He was vomited at NIneveh to spread a warning of impending doom and archeologist discovered the evidence in Jerusalem?

Hmmm, I thought you are a believer?
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Nobody: 1:40pm On Aug 16, 2020
StacyO:

English grin grin grin grin grin

grin

Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Nobody: 1:45pm On Aug 16, 2020
kingxsamz:

Omo my guy. I'll leave you to your ignorance.
You're not arguing to learn, but arguing to reply. cheesy
I suggest you drop your book of fiction aka the bible and read wide. You can even visit that quora and learn about the burden of proof. Stop limiting your brain.

If I ask you if you believe the spaghetti monster exists and wants you to serve him, you'll say no.

Don't forget to read on The burden of proof.
Good day. cheesy

You were caught in a catch 22 so had to run away with your tail between your legs grin grin

Good riddance and while at it go and read the book ATHEISTS ARE IDIOTS by Robert Firth
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Didi965: 1:52pm On Aug 16, 2020
ZINIBANKS:

No I serve a living God not god
So imaging cursing you with the name of God
You'll suffer from now on till you die and even in your grave grin grin
I thought the basis of Christianity was to show love, and in love preach the gospel to anyone .. why will you curse in the name of God... IT Is a SIN
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by kingxsamz(m): 1:53pm On Aug 16, 2020
Tetehjewels:

You were caught in a cache 22 so had to run away with your tail between your legs grin grin

Good riddance and while at it go and read the book ATHEISTS ARE IDIOTS by Robert Firth

Lol, alright man.
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by gaskiyamagana: 1:55pm On Aug 16, 2020
gaius01:

It seems you don't understand Scripture and where to use it, goan read 2 Timothy 3:16

KJV:How do ye say, We are wise, and the law of the Lord is with us? Lo, certainly in vain made he it; the pen of the scribes is in vain.
ESV:“How can you say, ‘We are wise, and the law of the Lord is with us’? But behold, the lying pen of the scribes has made it into a lie.
NIV:“‘How can you say, “We are wise, for we have the law of the Lord,” when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely?
AMP:How can you say, We are wise, and we have the written law of the Lord [and are learned in its language and teachings]? Behold, the truth is, the lying pen of the scribes has made of the law a falsehood (a mere code of ceremonial observances)

Actually what this Bible passage meanz iz the Bible said the the law Lord should be in our hearts, inscribed there and if it's in ooi our heart then the scribber are doing no good because people will read for ceremonies sake not for meditating. So bro the Bible is use for reproof in II Tim 3:16 says
KJV:All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
ESV:All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,
NIV:All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,
AMP:Every Scripture is God-breathed (given by His inspiration) and profitablebu for instruction, for reproof and conviction of sin, for correction of error and discipline in obedience, [and] for training in righteousness (in holy living, in conformity to God’s will in thought, purpose, and action),

So I know what Am talking about bro

Ok now. What is the stand of II Timothy 3:16 on God descriptions as following :

"HISSING" probably like snake ISIAH 5 :26, 7:18 ZECHARIA 10 :8
" ROARING" probably like lion ISIAH 42 :13 JEREMIAH 25 :30
"baBARBE" ISIAH 7 :20
"RIDING " A cherub 2SAMUEL 22 :11
"MURDERER " 50,000 for mere looking into a box 1Samuel 6:19.
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Pelecius: 1:59pm On Aug 16, 2020
Didi965:

I thought the basis of Christianity was to show love, and in love preach the gospel to anyone .. why will you curse in the name of God... IT Is a SIN
He already apologized to the person already
Thank you Sir

1 Like

Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by ponziponzi(m): 2:31pm On Aug 16, 2020
Excuses:

But you believe the story of Alexander the great..?

How does that matter? Was there a claim that Alexander the Great survived in the belly of a fish for 3 days?
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by WHOcarex: 2:36pm On Aug 16, 2020
GLIZ Organic

Join this group if you are having issue with anything relating to skincare.
https:///Hju1AzLk8fz7tYWZ9dSmpj
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Exmilitant(m): 2:58pm On Aug 16, 2020
LordReed:

Hmmm, I thought you are a believer?
I have my own beliefs.
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by luluosas(m): 3:29pm On Aug 16, 2020
Good that Biblical teaching are being verified by science.
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by jerryjang: 3:39pm On Aug 16, 2020
Who be this Jonah abeg
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by FlipModeSquade(m): 4:06pm On Aug 16, 2020
Pelecius:

I don't know what you want to refer to as 'inconsistent fallacies'. But a good study of the bible shows that it is more coherent for a book that was written by about 40 authors of different works of life and over a period of 1000 years. The problem we have is that folks are one sided which the Bible itself disagree with. Many ONLY read about inconsistencies and wouldn't care to see if those have been addressed. This is exactly what makes the Bible strong.
Many criticize it because it contains stories of miraculous acts but denying that miracle happens is denying an obvious truth. How are the miracles (improbable events) in the bible worse than the following 'miracles':
1. There was NOTHING; no time, matter and energy, yet NOTHING exploded and produced time, matter, energy and the laws which govern them
2. At a point in time, lifeless chemicals assembled themselves and create code for how they should operate; making the most sophisticated 'machinery' ever known - the so called first cell
3. These chemicals miraculously produced mind and intellect, language and so on.

A child story book should not be able to accurately and constantly predict events
A child story book should not have the ability to change hard line criminals to saints

I don't know how you come to your conclusion about the Bible but I would suggest you study it with a clear conscience and an open mind. You should be able to see clearly that it is not what you think about it.

Peace be unto you
Like I said..
The Bible is full of FAIRYTALE STORIES that only people who are ready to suspend their reasoning faculties and call it faith,would think it should be taken serious..
From Genesis to Revelations,all you have is one tall tale after another.
From feeding 5000 people with 2 fish.
To dividing the sea with a staff.
To humans living to 950 years.
To people being swallowed by fish and vomited out.
To people walking on water.
To bringing down walls by blowing of trumpets.
To raising the dead.
To one Whiteman and his wife giving birth to blacks and Asians.
To one man supposedly building a primitive boat big enough to accommodate the thousands of species of animals in the world,never mind how he managed to get to Australia and the Amazon to collect the resident animals.
To sleeping in the lion's den.
To humans being less than 10000years on earth.
To burning in an eternal lake of fire specially prepared to roast sinners and you better behave and not be naughty children.
To the belief that one Jewish man that was killed for blasphemy is actually God and came to die for naughty children.
To one Virgin being impregnated by one lustful Spirit.
To disciples witnessing the assention of a dead man into the clouds.
To a voice shouting this is my beloved in whom I am well pleased.
To someone supposedly commanding the SUN to stand still.
To all manners of FLIGHTS OF FANCY that populates your Bible.
I wonder why all these supposed MIRACLES are hard to come by NOW A DAYS.. shocked
But it's okay for you and others of your faith..
To believe every tale you read because you have faith and therefore swallowed every inanity you were dished out.
But like I said,strip away your faith and it is all a pack of old wives tale by SUPERSTITIOUS PRIMITIVE GOAT HERDERS..
And may I remind you that the Bible is just one of the hundreds of religious accounts and how you came to the reasoning that ONLY your own is the correct account,that should be believed is a story for another day.
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Image123(m): 4:40pm On Aug 16, 2020
kingxsamz:

cheesy

The spaghetti needs to give valid reason why it is servable and better than God, duh.
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Pelecius: 4:42pm On Aug 16, 2020
FlipModeSquade:
Like I said..
The Bible is full of FAIRYTALE STORIES that only people who are ready to suspend their reasoning faculties and call it faith,would think it should be taken serious..
From Genesis to Revelations,all you have is one tall tale after another.
From feeding 5000 people with 2 fish.
To dividing the sea with a staff.
To humans living to 950 years.
To people being swallowed by fish and vomited out.
To people walking on water.
To bringing down walls by blowing of trumpets.
To raising the dead.
To one Whiteman and his wife giving birth to blacks and Asians.
To one man supposedly building a primitive boat big enough to accommodate the thousands of species of animals in the world,never mind how he managed to get to Australia and the Amazon to collect the resident animals.
To sleeping in the lion's den.
To humans being less than 10000years on earth.
To burning in an eternal lake of fire specially prepared to roast sinners and you better behave and not be naughty children.
To the belief that one Jewish man that was killed for blasphemy is actually God and came to die for naughty children.
To one Virgin being impregnated by one lustful Spirit.
To disciples witnessing the assention of a dead man into the clouds.
To a voice shouting this is my beloved in whom I am well pleased.
To someone supposedly commanding the SUN to stand still.
To all manners of FLIGHTS OF FANCY that populates your Bible.
I wonder why all these supposed MIRACLES are hard to come by NOW A DAYS.. shocked
But it's okay for you and others of your faith..
To believe every tale you read because you have faith and therefore swallowed every inanity you were dished out.
But like I said,strip away your faith and it is all a pack of old wives tale by SUPERSTITIOUS PRIMITIVE GOAT HERDERS..
And may I remind you that the Bible is just one of the hundreds of religious accounts and how you came to the reasoning that ONLY your own is the correct account,that should be believed is a story for another day.

Rom 1: 21-22 comes to mind.
You poured out old stale objections about miracles as if miracles have ceased to exist. Except you are present everywhere and all knowing, how can you claim that miracles never existed and will never exist?

You claim that it is those who are "...ready to suspend their reasoning..." that would take the bible serious. What a powerful claim from an All knowing! Maybe you should start from history of modern science to see how those who suspended their reasoning by a literal interpretation of the bible founded emperical and experimental science - the modern scientific method.

Now to your last paragraph, I don't know when I made such claim to you for accusing me that you'll deal with it another day.
I'm used to folks like you taking a diversionary tactic. They'll avoid the main points and just attack strawman, so much for those who didn't suspend their reasoning.

You didn't address my points earlier which I would love you to do. If you can show me how the miracles you stated here (done by an Omnipotent God, which sound logical) are worse than the ones I stated in my earlier comments (done by NOTHING); we can have a meaningfull discussion.

Till then
Peace be unto you
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Deborah98(f): 5:13pm On Aug 16, 2020
God is good all the time,all the time I am a witness that is all I have to say brethren cheesy
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by FlipModeSquade(m): 5:32pm On Aug 16, 2020
Pelecius:

Rom 1: 21-22 comes to mind.
You poured out old stale objections about miracles as if miracles have ceased to exist. Except you are present everywhere and all knowing, how can you claim that miracles never existed and will never exist?

You claim that it is those who are "...ready to suspend their reasoning..." that would take the bible serious. What a powerful claim from an All knowing! Maybe you should start from history of modern science to see how those who suspended their reasoning by a literal interpretation of the bible founded emperical and experimental science - the modern scientific method.

Now to your last paragraph, I don't know when I made such claim to you for accusing me that you'll deal with it another day.
I'm used to folks like you taking a diversionary tactic. They'll avoid the main points and just attack strawman, so much for those who didn't suspend their reasoning.

You didn't address my points earlier which I would love you to do. If you can show me how the miracles you stated here (done by an Omnipotent God, which sound logical) are worse than the ones I stated in my earlier comments (done by NOTHING); we can have a meaningfull discussion.

Till then
Peace be unto you
It's funny how you want to equate scientific process and research with your dogmatic Biblical beliefs..
Unlike you and your all knowing Holy book..
Science is a journey of discovery and nothing is set in stone..
That which is a theory or law today may or may not be found to be correct tommorow and science has no qualms adjusting to the realities of it's research and discovery..
Unlike your unwavering ALL KNOWING Bible.
Like I said..
Your Biblical truths is nothing more than unsubstantiated tales for the faithful to swallow hook line and sinker and just than another ancient tale about the origin of life and god.
By the way,
If god is the originator of the world,can you enlighten me on who originated god?
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by diridiri(m): 5:56pm On Aug 16, 2020
superior1:
I dont need this to validate my faith, it is called faith for a reason.

No, that one is called stupidity. If you have to turn off your brain to believe something, then it is not worth consideration.
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Pelecius: 5:56pm On Aug 16, 2020
FlipModeSquade:
It's funny how you want to equate scientific process and research with your dogmatic Biblical beliefs..
Unlike you and your all knowing Holy book..
Science is a journey of discovery and nothing is set in stone..
That which is a theory or law today may or may not be found to be correct tommorow and science has no qualms adjusting to the realities of it's research and discovery..
Unlike your unwavering ALL KNOWING Bible.
Like I said..
Your Biblical truths is nothing more than unsubstantiated tales for the faithful to swallow hook line and sinker and just than another ancient tale about the origin of life and god.

Just as I predicted, you won't address my points but apply diversionary tactic.

It's all alright
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by FlipModeSquade(m): 6:02pm On Aug 16, 2020
Pelecius:

Just as I predicted, you won't address my points but apply diversionary tactic.

It's all alright
Funny..
I addressed your points squarely..
The only one applying diversionary tactics is YOU..
Until you can substantiate your claims and the existence of your god..
Your Bible stories are nothing more than outdated old wives tales..
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Pelecius: 6:57pm On Aug 16, 2020
FlipModeSquade:
Funny..
I addressed your points squarely..
The only one applying diversionary tactics is YOU..
Until you can substantiate your claims and the existence of your god..
Your Bible stories are nothing more than outdated old wives tales..

Smiles

Alright, let me summarize my arguments here again so you can address them one after the other. I'll list them in numbers for easy reference and I would love that you respond by listing also. No redherring please

1. If miracles (supernatural events) are what you referred to as inconsistencies in the Bible:
(a) Do you deny existence of miracles?
(b) If no, what are the inconsistencies (that are not categorized under supernatural events) that you are talking about?
(c) If yes, how can you prove that miracles don't exist?

2. According to wikkipedia, miracles are event not explicable by natural or scientific laws. Now please show me how the following (simplified) FACTS can be explained by natural or scientific laws:
(a) NOTHING exploded and created time, matter and energy
(b) At some point in time, unintelligent chemicals came together to form the most complex and sophisticated system ever known
(c) Also, the 'manual' for how the different units in system (b) above should work and interact to make the system efficient came from NOWHERE

I'll stop here to not burden you (that's if you'll even answer them in the first place).
Like I said, please try to address the points. No redherring.

Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Top 10 Churches Where God Is Not Worshiped / My Favourite Bible Passage: The Palm Tree / Famous Nigerian Pastor & Church Dedicated To The Occult

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.