Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,881 members, 7,817,594 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) (101578 Views)

Steps Where Jesus walked Healed a Blind Man Unearthed In Jerusalem / Archaeology: Explorers '99.9% Sure' Remains Of Noah's Ark Is Discovered (Photos) / Archaeology Proves Exodus From Egypt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by sonofElElyon: 6:06am On Aug 16, 2020
exactly.. that's what has happened. the Bible also speaks about creatures like Leviathan and Behemoth that have also gone extinct.

Emary:
The Bartley story is an interesting fact. It's possible the specie of whale that swallowed Jonah is now extinct.
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Hushpuppy20(m): 6:07am On Aug 16, 2020
For BROS J to be in belly of a fish for three good days is beyond human knowledge, so for those of you saying there will be no oxygen this that, are you the one that created the fish or are you the one that command the fish to swallowed and vomit bros J? So stop been 9ja acheology..and give GOD the glory.
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Nobody: 6:18am On Aug 16, 2020
Hushpuppy20:
For BROS J to be in belly of a fish for three good days is beyond human knowledge, so for those of you saying there will be no oxygen this that, are you the one that created the fish or are you the one that command the fish to swallowed and vomit bros J? So stop been 9ja acheology..and give GOD the glory.
No glory for a being that doesn’t exist-Give me his location and phone number now and I will start worshiping him -400 years is not enough for you to start thinking for yourself-They are stealing your future while your waiting for thy kingdom come -You guys are so delusional

2 Likes

Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Sardauna24(m): 6:26am On Aug 16, 2020
oluwasegun007:
Science agreeing with christianity, death and resurrection small small.
Oga not only christianity even in islamic their is one chapter in the holy qur'an talks about all those things including the jonah's part since 1400 years ago
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by styless(f): 6:45am On Aug 16, 2020
cybriz82:

Ok let say I agreed with u..so how did water get into a coconut How come u believe in alien but don't believe in d Bible

I believe in aliens? You missed the sarcasm.
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Emary(f): 6:52am On Aug 16, 2020
ZINIBANKS:

Please if you don't mind can you tell us your age range
Cause the year you joined NL I can remember very well haven't started crossing road by myself grin
I'll tell elderly people to cross me to the other side of the road cheesy cheesy cheesy

Eeeyah! You're such an infant. It's so obvious.
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by sylve11: 6:54am On Aug 16, 2020
Okay cool
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by zuto4u(m): 7:01am On Aug 16, 2020
Chai!!! I felt so astonished while reading this. It felt like you were pointing your finger at me while talking.
Righteousness89:
Hallelujah!
GOD ALMIGHTY is not a Man that He should lie..

The Bible is the Word of God written by Men who were Inspired by God Himself. Every Part of the Holy Bible is True.

This is a Privileged Generation..

Few weeks ago it was Noah Ark

Today it Jonah and the Whale.

A Serious Message is being passed to us.
Noah and Jonah were Preachers of Righteousness that warned the People of the Wrath of God..

The people in Noah's Generation Refused to Heed
Those in Nineveh listened to Jonah, Repented and Ask God for Mercy.

Today is another opportunity for Someone to Shift From Darkness to Light, From Eternal Destruction to Eternal Life and From Hell to Heaven..

The RAPTURE of the saints is upon us. Humble yourself and Accept The KING of kings..

Personal Raptures are Happening Every Minute. You Don't know your time! Humble yourself and Accept The KING of kings..

THERE IS NO MORE TIME!!!

If you Have Ears to Hear, you Should Hear

1 Like

Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Humanoid01(m): 7:02am On Aug 16, 2020
kingxsamz:

I'm asking A you're answering Z. undecided
If you know your god has a plan, why do you pray? Why not just chill and let the plan play out?
What are you praying for?
I already answered your question.
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by zuto4u(m): 7:14am On Aug 16, 2020
God bless you my brother
CheGuevara101:

I laugh at your ignorance. You think you're wise and intelligent? You're wrong! You know why? What you know is infinitesimal compared to what you ought to know. You think wisdom is acquired just by reading textbooks and literatures? Still I laugh at your ignorance......

N.B do you know why Jesus had to wait after 3 days when the news of the death of Lazarus got to him?

Just to prove people like you wrong. The Jewish culture, they believe that when one dies, after 3 days the spirit leaves the body and there's no way that person can ever be resuscitated again but Christ proved their belief wrong when he called out Lazarus from the grave after 3 days.

With God, nothing, I say nothing is impossible.
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by zuto4u(m): 7:15am On Aug 16, 2020
Amen
brainhgeek:

I celebrate your approach to evangelism. God strengthen you and expand the ground on which you stand. Grace sir.

1 Like

Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Righteousness89(m): 7:23am On Aug 16, 2020
zuto4u:
Chai!!! I felt so astonished while reading this. It felt like you were pointing your finger at me while talking.

Praise God Bro..

God is Talking to you.

Open yourself to Him. And Allow Him Work in you and Make you Prepared..

If you feel the need to talk with me feel free

1 Like

Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Myer(m): 7:23am On Aug 16, 2020
Righteousness89:
Hallelujah!

The Bible is the Word of God written by Men who were Inspired by God Himself. Every Part of the Holy Bible is True.

Noah and Jonah were Preachers of Righteousness that warned the People of the Wrath of God..

Today is another opportunity for Someone to Shift From Darkness to Light, From Eternal Destruction to Eternal Life and From Hell to Heaven..

The RAPTURE of the saints is upon us. Humble yourself and Accept The KING of kings..

Personal Raptures are Happening Every Minute. You Don't know your time! Humble yourself and Accept The KING of kings..

THERE IS NO MORE TIME!!!

Personal raptures You're an idiot.
Where in the bible did you see personal rapture

Don't twist the bible to scare people into your twisted mind.

Rapture as described in the bible has never happened so stop being an idiot.

It's amazing that you denounce science when scientists prove the bible wrong but support science when they say the bible is right. They're simply exploiting your gullibility. They just want to get views and make money cos they know how bad you want to believe it just to validate your belief.

The events of the bible cannot be proven, get that first of all. Otherwise God himself through the Holyspirit would have led everyone to the events.

Second, righteousness is not a bad thing however, God himself said our human righteousness is but filth to him. Isaiah 64:6.
I'm sure you understand this, knowing that while your righteous in some aspects you're very unrighteous in other aspects. So stop being a judge. Just try your part and pray for others.
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by JumpByte: 7:29am On Aug 16, 2020
FOR OPPORTUNITY WITH GOOD FINANCIAL BENEFITS CHECK MY THREADS
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by pafo(m): 7:31am On Aug 16, 2020
paranorman:
The Holy Bible: The only book whose stories has been validated by archeological and scientific evidences...! One of them oldest book alive.

Its called the "Tanakh" and not the "Holy bible". The old Testament is a copied book from the Jewish tanakh.
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Franking: 7:32am On Aug 16, 2020
Tales by moonlight.

1 Like

Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Franking: 7:37am On Aug 16, 2020
Righteousness89:
Hallelujah!

THERE IS NO MORE TIME!!!

Mtchew.
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Franking: 7:40am On Aug 16, 2020
Some people didn't even read the nonsense before commenting. This is complete balderdash. I was expecting something sensible not a mere painting.
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Nobody: 7:40am On Aug 16, 2020
Let one incomplete fellow will say Jesus is fake fake or he's not a God. Everything inscribed in that book- the Bible is true, no fakeness

1 Like

Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Franking: 7:42am On Aug 16, 2020
paranorman:
The Holy Bible: The only book whose stories has been validated by archeological and scientific evidences...! One of them oldest book alive.

Did u even read the nonsense validation before commenting? I dey shame for una.

1 Like

Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by gaskiyamagana: 7:55am On Aug 16, 2020
Righteousness89:
Hallelujah!

THERE IS NO MORE TIME!!!

"Every Party of the Holy Bible is True" Like THE SONG OF SOLOMON which is somehow reheasaling in the on going BBNAIJA?
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by gaskiyamagana: 8:02am On Aug 16, 2020
gaius01:
Let one incomplete fellow will say Jesus is fake fake or he's not a God. Everything inscribed in that book- the Bible is true, no fakeness
Continue to deceive yourself JEREMIAH 8:8 is guidance.

1 Like

Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Pelecius: 8:03am On Aug 16, 2020
kingxsamz:

Is that your problem?
Lol, okay o.
Maybe I concluded too fast, I'm sorry. Even though you clearly ignored the part where he claimed I'm an atheist even without me saying so. grin But go off, lol. cheesy
Smiles
it shouldn't be MY problem but a problem in any general intellectual discussion.
It's alright, we all make mistake. It won't be fair to say I ignored it because:
1. I only addressed your point
2. Though your attack has always been towards the God of the Bible, you have always thrown such attacks to religion and religious folks; generalizing that THEY are dumb and different names you use. It won't be wise to make such generalization if yourself practice any religion as such would place you in same boat you place ALL religious folks. This can rationally imply that you don't have a religious identity and since everyone have something they believe, with or without proof - existence of God (theists) or non existence of God (atheists), it can safely be inferred that you don't believe in existence of (a) God hence an atheist.

I have a feeling you'll reply to this but please address my points and not make a redherring
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by jaxxy(m): 8:05am On Aug 16, 2020
Interesting..
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by stanliwise(m): 8:05am On Aug 16, 2020
ZINIBANKS:

Am sorry I said those words to you bro you insulted me in your last sentence and I guess am not wise enough to hold the insult am sorry anyway
What you said up made me remember a woman I met sometimes ago but please if you ain't in a hurry to go to bed you'll tell me from your perspective why you feel that way
The story : I met a woman from north East England can't remember the exact months but I know we meet around 2016

I study her very closely and i discovered that she's atheist so I asked her why? what she told me was can I forsake my son or daughter not minding the pain and stress I went through while bringing him/her to life and let him/her suffer severely

My answer was No I mean there's no parents that will do such,,I perished to her from my own little knowledge but everything seems fruitless cause she keep showing me some real points that there's no God

To be honest I was confused so I switch off my data and kept my phone somewhere and I started thinking about the whole issue and I was like of course you can't leave your' child to suffer severely and not looking at their side

Capslocked to be sincere I started having doubts at a point I can't just take any further lines from this woman I had to block her because talking any further to her can lead to something else

Even me that am talking to you I haven't been to Church since last year August, I went to church some Sundays back since that last year August and people were looking at me I noticed them and I sat down peacefully not minding anyone's reaction

I bet you supposing there's no Bible even sometimes my believe is that there's is no..... can't just say it

So capslocked this is my own view from the look of things
So what is the main reason as why you said those words up there earlier on
Who knows you might have encounter a situation whereby you came into conclusion as to why you wrote those things
Let's see things from your own outlook
I don’t know who you are quoting but from the narration of your story it seem the woman is judging from making inferences(meaning to take conclusion from some logical fact).
If we go by this route then there are so many other conclusion we can draw from inference, yet inferences has failed woefully on topic that evade logic thought. E.g
Was there a time that nothing ever existed.?
Who made the first ever force?
What made the first thing capable of making first?
Who was the person who design the first thing?
Only the thought of an uncreated and undying being would ever be the answer human can comprehend.
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Myer(m): 8:08am On Aug 16, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
WE DON'T NEED EVIDENCE.
IF THE THINGS IN THE BIBLE CANNOT BE PROVEN, EXPERIMENTED WITH, AND REENACTED, I DON'T SEE ANY REASON WE SHOULD PAY ATTENTION TO BULLSHIT.

The only evidence needed is for the powers to be made a reality.
So many sick, deaf, blind, lame in the church but no healing.
Las las pastor will say they don't have faith. Where as in the bible all the sick were healed.

Archaeology findings cannot replace the power. The power is the evidence needed.

Today pastors shamelessly go as far as hiring actors just to fake the power. It's all a charade.
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Nobody: 8:16am On Aug 16, 2020
Emary:

Eeeyah! You're such an infant. It's so obvious.
Your age range ma'am
you don't want to tell us
OK let's do it this way this person am quoting have how many children wink
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Pelecius: 8:18am On Aug 16, 2020
Tetehjewels:

Wow I never knew science was what taught us communication and language.

I guess animals and other creatures depend on same science for communication and language as well.

Science for you must have started with the Advent of phones and cars grin

Dummies do exist in atheism afterall.
One funny thing I see is how folks personify Science. You'll hear folks screaming 'I BELIEVE in science, you can believe in your imaginary God' as if science is an entity. I don't know how it would sound if they hear someone scream " I believe in management studies, you can believe in your imaginary God".
Worse, they assumed that religion (say Christianity) opposes advancement of science and wouldn't listen if you tell them that their assumption is purely wrong. They must have been ignorant that founding fathers of modern science were largely Christians and till date, over 70% of Nobel prize winners are Christians while about 20% are Jews; even Muslim scientists produce 3 Laureate ( a very small percentage though). So much that 'religious folks are dumb, retarded, deluded' that wannabe atheists say.
Rom 1:21-22 comes to mind
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by FlipModeSquade(m): 8:23am On Aug 16, 2020
Pelecius:
Though I'm not impressed with the 'discovery' (as the carvings don't really shiw that it happened, but shows that it was believed it happened), I am amazed at how 'smart' folks who feels they know so much are throwing punches to religion.

It'll be great if you have a good knowledge of what you want to criticize before criticizing it. Most haven't studied the Bible by themselves to understand it but just swallow what skeptics dish out without even checking if those arguments have been refuted completely
All you need is a cursory glance at the Bible,to realize that it is full of inconsistent fallacies..
Take away the veil of faith covering your eyes and you would see that the Bible is a child's story book.. shocked

2 Likes

Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by FlipModeSquade(m): 8:27am On Aug 16, 2020
gaius01:
So the evidence of your Bible being true is based on a painting on the wall?
You no dey shame? angry
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Nobody: 8:28am On Aug 16, 2020
stanliwise:

I don’t know who you are quoting but from the narration of your story it seem the woman is judging from making inferences(meaning to take conclusion from some logical fact).
If we go by this route then there are so many other conclusion we can draw from inference, yet inferences has failed woefully on topic that evade logic thought. E.g
Was there a time that nothing ever existed.?
Who made the first ever force?
What made the first thing capable of making first?
Who was the person who design the first thing?
Only the thought of an uncreated and undying being would ever be the answer human can comprehend.
You read very carefully where I said I blocked her
I didn't just block her something led to her blocking
Why I blocked her :
she keep bringing out facts of her believe that there's no God and every way to persuade this woman of this believe seem fruitless
Each time I talk to her I discovered that it's like my head is been added with another portion (bigger than normal) I got scared I really don't know how I pressed the block button
From my own outlook she's a witch but what amaze me most is that she's a white woman
Some months later someone was preaching a similar topic related to the incident and immediately I remembered this woman and I told the man
He said the exact thing I said
She's demonic probably a witch craft agent

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Top 10 Churches Where God Is Not Worshiped / My Favourite Bible Passage: The Palm Tree / Famous Nigerian Pastor & Church Dedicated To The Occult

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.