Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,130 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) (101575 Views)

Steps Where Jesus walked Healed a Blind Man Unearthed In Jerusalem / Archaeology: Explorers '99.9% Sure' Remains Of Noah's Ark Is Discovered (Photos) / Archaeology Proves Exodus From Egypt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Pelecius: 11:16pm On Aug 15, 2020
ZINIBANKS:

If am truly created by God Almighty
I say this with the mighty miracle working hand of Jesus that you wake up tomorrow with both leg paralyzed so shall it be angry
Com'on bro!
I am not judging you but you shouldn't do that as a true child of God. God sits in heaven and do what pleases him (Psa 115:3), so it's not for mere mortals to order him around to do their (lustful?) wishes.

Again, the Bible instructs Christians to be ready to give an answer to the hope they have... in MEEKNESS and HUMILITY (1Pet 3:15), not by wishing skeptics evil. God will definitely not hear such prayers.

1 Like

Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by tollyboy5(m): 11:17pm On Aug 15, 2020
styless:
A wall painting is the supposed evidence? How is that different from the story in the Bible?
To keep being in religion, just forget about evidence otherwise you start questioning everything. I've been there.
No specie of fish exists or existed that could swallow a whole person whole. Let's even say it happened and an alien blue whale swallowed Jonah, he would not have survived past 10 minutes without oxygen.
The way the mouth of whales (the world's largest sea creatures) is designed, swallowing an adult person is pratically impossible.
The other thread scientist where liars but on this matter they're fact already grin I beg to differ from your point of view. There are big sea mammals in the past. But surving in their stomach is what I cannot say , I've not read the context but I use to reading archaeological research , the are works of ancient people who also belief the jona story doesn't mean its actual fact.

1 Like

Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Gabe427: 11:17pm On Aug 15, 2020
I'm not sure this is Right but I'mma say em anyway

Y'all agree with the archeologist ...shouting God is good and all that stuff and how there is proof and the Bible ain't stories

but a next update on archeologist finding bones of dinosaurs y'all claim
it false like
how possible is it
2million years ago...lies and so on
they were never there so how does this machine made in 21century know what happened 2 million years ago

you won't see this question if they find stuffs about religion
bunch of hypocrite

I'm a Christian but one with sense

3 Likes

Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Nobody: 11:17pm On Aug 15, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
WE DON'T NEED EVIDENCE.
IF THE THINGS IN THE BIBLE CANNOT BE PROVEN, EXPERIMENTED WITH, AND REENACTED, I DON'T SEE ANY REASON WE SHOULD PAY ATTENTION TO BULLSHIT.

It is now you don't need evidence. But I think atheists rely on evidence from Science to believe issues of life. Now you don't need evidence and you don't need Science. grin

No be by force to believe there is a God. Life is a choice and you have made one.

Congrats bro. Your eyes go clear laslas.

Happy weekend.
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Nobody: 11:17pm On Aug 15, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

TO THE RELIGIOUS "EVIDENCE" IS THE EXACT TASTE OF POISON. ONCE ANYTHING CONFORMS WITH THEIR FEELINGS, THEY SIMPLY BELIEVE IT WITH FAITH.

LOOK. IF EVERY CHRISTIAN READS THE BIBLE FROM FRONT TO BACK AND EXAMINE ALL "EVIDENCE" IN HISTORY FOR AND AGAINST THEIR RELIGION, CHRISTIANITY WILL GO EXTINCT IN A FEW YEARS TIME.

Christians have read the Bible back to back and Christians who are also Scientists (yes we have those) have also examined the evidence alongside non Christians scientists and guess what rather than the Christian scientists dumping Christianity, the non Christians ones embraced Christianity

1 Like

Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by c900: 11:17pm On Aug 15, 2020
The whale maybe an alien ship .
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by kingxsamz(m): 11:17pm On Aug 15, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

I'M CHECKING JUMIA RIGHT NOW FOR THE LATEST WHEELCHAIRS. cheesy

grin grin grin
Too Bad MJBOLT is now rotting in the grave after being cursed by Jesusjnr...rip to your legs in advance. grin
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Nobody: 11:18pm On Aug 15, 2020
Tetehjewels:

Christians have read the Bible back to back and Christians who are also Scientists (yes we have those) have also examined the evidence alongside non Christians scientists and guess what rather than the Christian scientists dumping Christianity, the non Christians ones embraced Christianity

Please tell am
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by tollyboy5(m): 11:19pm On Aug 15, 2020
styless:
A wall painting is the supposed evidence? How is that different from the story in the Bible?
To keep being in religion, just forget about evidence otherwise you start questioning everything. I've been there.
No specie of fish exists or existed that could swallow a whole person whole. Let's even say it happened and an alien blue whale swallowed Jonah, he would not have survived past 10 minutes without oxygen.
The way the mouth of whales (the world's largest sea creatures) is designed, swallowing an adult person is pratically impossible.
The other thread scientist where liars but on this matter they're fact already grin I beg to differ from your point of view. There are big sea mammals in the past. But surving in their stomach is what I cannot say , I've not read the context but I use to reading archaeological research , these are works of ancient people who also belief the jona story doesn't mean its actual fact.

1 Like

Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by RTSC: 11:19pm On Aug 15, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

THE BIBULLSHIT IS REPLETE WITH REFERENCES...

WHY CAN GOD NOT REPLICATE A SINGLE THING HE DID IN HIS BOOK TODAY?

DO YOU KNOW YOU CAN'T FRY AN EGG OR KILL A FLY WITH PRAYERS?
IF PRAYERS CAN'T FIX THE SIMPLEST THINGS DO YOU THINK IT IS CAPABLE OF PREVENTING A PLANE FROM CRASHING OR SAVE A TOTAL NOVICE FROM DROWNING??

The more praying there is in this world, the better the world will be, the mightier the forces against evil everywhere. Prayer, in one phase of its operation, is a disinfectant and a preventive. It purifies the air; it destroys the contagion of evil. Prayer is no fitful, short-lived thing. It is no voice crying unheard and unheeded in silence. It is a voice which goes into God's ear, and it lives as long as God's ear is open to holy pleas, as long as God's heart is alive to holy things."

E. M. Bounds (1835-1913)
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by CHIGIM: 11:19pm On Aug 15, 2020
Ayemileto:
grin

Well, the scriptures is true and valid. Just the way science is valid.

I believe it's only a matter of time and "more discoveries" before science proves religion to be valid.
abeg what is this one saying or are u forgetting something
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Nobody: 11:19pm On Aug 15, 2020
aribisala0:
People are funny

The bible says FISH

Since when did whales become FISH

Whales are mammals that get pregnant and breastfeed

They are not fish

Even if you find a frozen whale with a man in its belly why should Jonah be the first suspect

At any rate the bible tells us Jonah came out of the Fish's belly and continued his journey so what evidence are we talking about?

Does belief in Hebrew Jehovah mean ours brains should die?

Some black people can be funny and unbelievably credulous

The Bible said Fish but due to size we allude it to Be a whale.

However there is a specie of whale called a whale shark and it is huge yet very gentle and that specie is a FISH.
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by kingxsamz(m): 11:20pm On Aug 15, 2020
Tetehjewels:

On today's topic, we'll be discussing about "THINGS THAT NEVER HAPPENED"

grin grin grin
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Danmaiduguri(m): 11:20pm On Aug 15, 2020
Macsjebs:
Source: https://www.express.co.uk/news/weird/1322018/Bible-news-Jonah-and-whale-evidence-Jerusalem-archaeology

The holy Quran has mentioned 1400years ago.
Surah As-Saffat, Verses 139 to 148 quoted as follows:

"And lo! Jonah verily was of those sent (to warn) Quran(37:139)
When he fled unto the laden ship, Quran (37:140)
And then drew lots and was of those rejected; (37:141)
And the fish swallowed him while he was blameworthy; Quran(37:142)
And had he not been one of those who glorify (Allah) (37:143)
He would have tarried in its belly till the day when they are raised; (37:144)
Then We cast him on a desert shore while he was sick; (37:145)
And We caused a tree of gourd to grow above him; (37:146)
And We sent him to a hundred thousand (folk) or more (37:147)
And they believed, therefor We gave them comfort for a while." 7(37:148)

Prophet Jonah (Yunus) was one of the messengers of Allah sent to warn and inform the community of the Truth.
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Nobody: 11:21pm On Aug 15, 2020
Macsjebs:
Source: https://www.express.co.uk/news/weird/1322018/Bible-news-Jonah-and-whale-evidence-Jerusalem-archaeology
In this day and age -Some people will believe this nonsense,how can a human being live inside a fish belly and still survived -There is nothing special about us homo sapient-We were made by the commonest elements on earth biologically-Please Africans should start using there brains for once -We we’re enslaved for 400 years by those that used religion to justify manipulating us and using us to enrich themselves,while telling us not to think but wait for the coming of a sky god with no address or location -Please just read the Bible and Koran like any other literature and use your rational thinking-Science is all about asking questions and doing your own research-In Bob Marley’s voice “don’t let them fool you” -Biologically speaking no human been can survive in a belly of a fish -Don’t give me your talking snakes stories or your seven virgin stories-Give me an evidence base ,rational thinking facts abeg -We call it the gods of the gaps ,when your car doesn’t start than to run a diagnostic research why it won’t start you stop thinking and use devil or god to justify not using your brain.
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by kingxsamz(m): 11:21pm On Aug 15, 2020
WILLuKPquiet:

It is now you don't need evidence. But I think atheists rely on evidence from Science to believe issues of life. Now you don't need evidence and you don't need Science. grin

No be by force to believe there is a God. Life is a choice and you have made one.

Congrats bro. Your eyes go clear laslas.

Happy weekend.

Did you read the article where it was stated that his findings were inconsistent?
Olodo. grin
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Youngsenate1993(m): 11:21pm On Aug 15, 2020
U guys are just funny
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Nobody: 11:21pm On Aug 15, 2020
kingxsamz:

On today's topic, we'll be discussing about "THINGS THAT NEVER HAPPENED"

grin grin grin

Yes and in other related matters we would be discussing about "FOOLS WHO KNOW NOTHING YET THINK THEY KNOW IT ALL"
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by chukemmang(m): 11:21pm On Aug 15, 2020
oluwasegun007:
Science agreeing with christianity, death and resurrection small small.

Science is embarking of scientifically proving or researching biblical stories, myths and fables.

Science is beginning to realize that these ancient people were not as primitive as we assumed they were.
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Danmaiduguri(m): 11:22pm On Aug 15, 2020
Ayemileto:
grin

Well, the scriptures is true and valid. Just the way science is valid.

I believe it's only a matter of time and "more discoveries" before science proves religion to be valid.

Prophet Jonah (Yunus) was one of the messengers of Allah sent to warn and inform the community of the Truth.
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Nobody: 11:22pm On Aug 15, 2020
[quote author=CAPSLOCKED post=92865072]

[color=#990000] OH, WHY WON'T I JUST DIE?
HAHAHAHA... FOLKS THERE'S A CURSE FOR ME THAT ILL WAKE UP PARALYZED. HAHAHAHA. IDIOT.
IF I LEARN OF YOUR FUNERAL I'LL WALK FROM NINEVEH TO WHEREVER YOUR VILLAGE IS JUST TO TASTE THEIR PALMWINE.

It's well
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by CAPSLOCKED: 11:22pm On Aug 15, 2020
kingxsamz:

grin grin grin
Too Bad MJBOLT is now rotting in the grave after being cursed by Jesusjnr...rip to your legs in advance. grin

CONTINUE TO REST IN PEACE MY FRIEND MJBOLT. GOOD THING I'M ONLY CURSED WITH PARTIAL PARALYSIS.. SO I CAN BE ABLE TO SCROLL THROUGH MY DARLING XVIDS. BETTER THAN DEATH ANYDAY.
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Danmaiduguri(m): 11:22pm On Aug 15, 2020
Righteousness89:
Hallelujah!
GOD ALMIGHTY is not a Man that He should lie..

The Bible is the Word of God written by Men who were Inspired by God Himself. Every Part of the Holy Bible is True.

This is a Privileged Generation..

Few weeks ago it was Noah Ark

Today it Jonah and the Whale.

A Serious Message is being passed to us.
Noah and Jonah were Preachers of Righteousness that warned the People of the Wrath of God..

The people in Noah's Generation Refused to Heed
Those in Nineveh listened to Jonah, Repented and Ask God for Mercy.

Today is another opportunity for Someone to Shift From Darkness to Light, From Eternal Destruction to Eternal Life and From Hell to Heaven..

The RAPTURE of the saints is upon us. Humble yourself and Accept The KING of kings..

Personal Raptures are Happening Every Minute. You Don't know your time! Humble yourself and Accept The KING of kings..

THERE IS NO MORE TIME!!!

If you Have Ears to Hear, you Should Hear

Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by RTSC: 11:22pm On Aug 15, 2020
Prayer is a disinfectant. It purifies the air of satanic operations.
Paralysis demonic actions and stops them.

The more prayer in the world, the better the world will be.

Only a child will ask what can prayer do?
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by kingxsamz(m): 11:23pm On Aug 15, 2020
Gabe427:
I'm not sure this is Right but I'mma say em anyway

Y'all agree with the archeologist ...shouting God is good and all that stuff and how there is proof and the Bible ain't stories

but a next update on archeologist finding bones of dinosaurs y'all claim
it false like
how possible is it
2million years ago...lies and so on
they were never there so how does this machine made in 21century know what happened 2 million years ago

you won't see this question if they find stuffs about religion
bunch of hypocrite

I'm a Christian but one with sense

This was just yesterday oh.
Now they're praising and singing over this article.
Christians will always shift goal posts.
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by kingxsamz(m): 11:24pm On Aug 15, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

CONTINUE TO REST IN PEACE MY FRIEND MJBOLT. GOOD THING I'M ONLY CURSED WITH PARTIAL PARALYSIS.. SO I CAN BE ABLE TO SCROLL THROUGH MY DARLING XVIDS. BETTER THAN DEATH ANYDAY.

grin grin grin
LWKM
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by marsman: 11:24pm On Aug 15, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
WE DON'T NEED EVIDENCE.
IF THE THINGS IN THE BIBLE CANNOT BE PROVEN, EXPERIMENTED WITH, AND REENACTED, I DON'T SEE ANY REASON WE SHOULD PAY ATTENTION TO BULLSHIT.
How you atheist think still baffles me, here is a valid proof in front of you, but you still managed to ignore it and say bullshit. Concerning the experiment, if they cut you with a saw, from your pelvic region downward to your head like Isaiah, that should be enough of an experiment and reenactment for you.
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Nobody: 11:24pm On Aug 15, 2020
Pelecius:

Com'on bro!
I am not judging you but you shouldn't do that as a true child of God. God sits in heaven and do what pleases him (Psa 115:3), so it's not for mere mortals to order him around to do their (lustful?) wishes.

Again, the Bible instructs Christians to be ready to give an answer to the hope they have... in MEEKNESS and HUMILITY (1Pet 3:15), not by wishing skeptics evil. God will definitely not hear such prayers.

You are Quite right bro.
The reason why even on the cross Jesus said "Father forgive them for they know not what they do "
No one fights on behalf of Jehovah. He might even choose to bless those who say such things against Him. His mercy is undescribable. So, judgement should be left for Him alone. He knows how best to deal with these guys who mock Him.

1 Like

Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Nobody: 11:25pm On Aug 15, 2020
Pelecius:

Com'on bro!

Am really sorry I pray God forgive me
You know at a point even Jesus became angry to the foolishness of the traders in the Temple
I got angry at his foolishness and allow my anger have the other side of me

2 Likes

Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by CAPSLOCKED: 11:26pm On Aug 15, 2020
ZINIBANKS:

I won't move any further with this argument
Cause from your moniker your Brain is locked
Which mean passing across sense to you will be fruitless
Let's see what will happen tomorrow morning
Quote me if nothing happens to you fool
angry

WHILE ALL THE EVIL PEOPLE IN THE COUNTRY WILL BE IN CHURCH TOMORROW MORNING I'LL BE EXERCISING AND PRACTICING MY CRIP WALK INSTEAD OF LOOKING FOR A MORØN TO LISTEN TO.
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Nobody: 11:28pm On Aug 15, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
WE DON'T NEED EVIDENCE.

Is there a science behind origin of life, awareness, consciousness and death? Have you seen evidence of this ?

Have you seen evidence for origin of consciousness, and trigger for life yet you believe in life and death.

How come?
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Nobody: 11:29pm On Aug 15, 2020
Righteousness89:
Hallelujah!
GOD ALMIGHTY is not a Man that He should lie..

The Bible is the Word of God written by Men who were Inspired by God Himself. Every Part of the Holy Bible is True.

This is a Privileged Generation..

Few weeks ago it was Noah Ark

Today it Jonah and the Whale.

A Serious Message is being passed to us.
Noah and Jonah were Preachers of Righteousness that warned the People of the Wrath of God..

The people in Noah's Generation Refused to Heed
Those in Nineveh listened to Jonah, Repented and Ask God for Mercy.

Today is another opportunity for Someone to Shift From Darkness to Light, From Eternal Destruction to Eternal Life and From Hell to Heaven..

The RAPTURE of the saints is upon us. Humble yourself and Accept The KING of kings..

Personal Raptures are Happening Every Minute. You Don't know your time! Humble yourself and Accept The KING of kings..

THERE IS NO MORE TIME!!!

If you Have Ears to Hear, you Should Hear

This guy is a religion bigot and fanatic. He would have been more dangerous than shekau, jubril el sudan and kabiru sokoto if he was a moon searcher prayer warrior. Truth must be spoken!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Top 10 Churches Where God Is Not Worshiped / My Favourite Bible Passage: The Palm Tree / Famous Nigerian Pastor & Church Dedicated To The Occult

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.