Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,654 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) (101579 Views)

Steps Where Jesus walked Healed a Blind Man Unearthed In Jerusalem / Archaeology: Explorers '99.9% Sure' Remains Of Noah's Ark Is Discovered (Photos) / Archaeology Proves Exodus From Egypt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Nobody: 11:53pm On Aug 15, 2020
kingxsamz:

Lol, you're not bright at all.
Where did it state that these" many historians " are people who want to fault the bible? You reason with your emotions and not with your brain, sadly.
If it were a fact, would there be any need to conclude that it's inconsistent?
Clown. cheesy

You are still beclouded by the evil in your demon invested skull.
You are the one who reason with your evil emotions. Your brain has been programmed by the demons holding its remote control, to attack everything Christian.

Continue wallowing in your madness.
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Pelecius: 11:53pm On Aug 15, 2020
kingxsamz:

You mean those drawings?
Any sane human being knows you can't use that to validate such story which goes against logic.

Guess you missed this part...

Similarly, biologists do not believe it would be possible for a human to be swallowed whole, let alone survive inside of a whale.
You just moved the Goal post here bro. Your initial statement implied that his FINDINGS are filled with inconsistencies and I showed that it was not his findings that was criticized but Bartley's story.

Of course, that part also was to show that Bartley couldn't be swallowed by a whale (though it could also be applied to Jonah)

Anyway, it may not appeal to you (since you've discarded God apriori) to know that whenever God wants to work miracles, the physical laws seem to be bent. And a good question would be; where do these laws come from?
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by cybriz82(m): 11:54pm On Aug 15, 2020
styless:
A wall painting is the supposed evidence? How is that different from the story in the Bible?
To keep being in religion, just forget about evidence otherwise you start questioning everything. I've been there.
No specie of fish exists or existed that could swallow a whole person whole. Let's even say it happened and an alien blue whale swallowed Jonah, he would not have survived past 10 minutes without oxygen.
The way the mouth of whales (the world's largest sea creatures) is designed, swallowing an adult person is pratically impossible.

Ok let say I agreed with u..so how did water get into a coconut How come u believe in alien but don't believe in d Bible
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Nobody: 11:55pm On Aug 15, 2020
9jah:

I became a better person when I start asking the right questions and thinking for myself -I don’t reason base on a book with no facts written by normads ,people that don’t even know how the earth works ,telling you fake stories with no evidence-If I may ask you where is the location of your sky god that created the world in 7 days this planet by evidence took millions of years to cool down to earth we know today -As a medical practitioner I don’t do this stupidity of using religious nonsense in my research to save humanity-Do you think Obama or Trump is religious lol -Religion is politics my friend-You’ve been scammed !!!

Mr better person, my case was opposite to yours and I am glad I became a better person that way. Being far from God was a terrible place to be.

Good luck with your way. My way is my choice
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by kingxsamz(m): 11:55pm On Aug 15, 2020
Pelecius:

Anyway, it may not appeal to you (since you've discarded God apriori) to know that whenever God wants to work miracles, the physical laws seem to be bent. And a good question would be; where do these laws come from?

Come back and quote me when the so called "God's laws" grows back an amputee's missing body part. undecided
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by kingxsamz(m): 11:56pm On Aug 15, 2020
WILLuKPquiet:

You are still beclouded by the evil in your demon invested skull.
You are the one who reason with your evil emotions. Your brain has been programmed by the demons holding its remote control, to attack everything Christian.

Continue wallowing in your madness.

Demon? grin grin
Abeg. Abeg.
No need to dive deep into your delusions. Abeg it's okay. grin
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Deicide: 11:58pm On Aug 15, 2020
Wow wow grin Just yesterday o lipsrsealed
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Nobody: 11:59pm On Aug 15, 2020
tollyboy5:

The other thread scientist where liars but on this matter they're fact already grin I beg to differ from your point of view. There are big sea mammals in the past. But surving in their stomach is what I cannot say , I've not read the context but I use to reading archaeological research , these are works of ancient people who also belief the jona story doesn't mean its actual fact.
the jonah story could have just been a folklore spread through generations by different tribes and then it was finally put in the bible to make a point.that does not mean other stories in the bible are false though.even jesus made tales we call parables tpo buttress a point.Just like in nigeria we have the oduduwa who fell from the sky with one egg and one white fowl or the hausa story about bayajida who killed a big snake called sarki that where preventing ppl to drink water from a certain well and in reward for that he married the queen of daura cheesy.the stories might just be figurative though some ppl would d story is true cheesy
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Nobody: 11:59pm On Aug 15, 2020
kingxsamz:

Demon? grin grin
Abeg. Abeg.
No need to dive deep into your delusions. Abeg it's okay. grin

Will you keep quiet!

Happy weekend. grin
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Pelecius: 12:00am On Aug 16, 2020
kingxsamz:

Come back and quote me when the so called "God's laws" grows back an amputee's missing body part. undecided
Bro I give up!
You're just moving here and there grin grin
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by kingxsamz(m): 12:00am On Aug 16, 2020
Tetehjewels:

[b] Were your great great grandfather's bones retrieved? Yet you believe you had one. [/b]Have you seen it before?

Onuku
grin grin grin Clown.
Very poor unintelligent analogy right there.
I'm a product of my biological father, who's also a product of his biological father, and so it goes.
But keep embarrassing yourself though. grin
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Nobody: 12:01am On Aug 16, 2020
kingxsamz:

Quick question since you doubt God so much.

Has science been able to achieve anything without making use of those things already in existence?

Has Science "created" anything from nothing and used it to further model other things?

How come science only works with pre-existing things yet you cannot see the obvious limitations it has? If Science can only work with already existing things how did these things conveniently exist and fashion out laws which govern science today?

1 Like

Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Nobody: 12:02am On Aug 16, 2020
Tetehjewels:

Mr better person, my case was opposite to yours and I am glad I became a better person that way. Being far from God was a terrible place to be.

Good luck with your way. My way is my choice
When you start thinking for yourself and become rational then we can have a rational conversation-I’m not a preacher or your imam -All I want to say is just think rationally.Religion is not the compass for a good moral being-Africa and Latin America have one thing is common religion and poverty-Other continents have grown up and moved away from this nomadic thinking .
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Pelecius: 12:02am On Aug 16, 2020
ZINIBANKS:

Am really sorry I pray God forgive me
You know at a point even Jesus became angry to the foolishness of the traders in the Temple
I got angry at his foolishness and allow my anger have the other side of me
Amen
May God purge us all of anything that won't give glory to his name.

Happy Sunday to you Sir
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Nobody: 12:03am On Aug 16, 2020
kingxsamz:

grin grin grin Clown.
I'm a product of my biological father, who's also a product of his biological father, and so it goes.

Yet you never saw the bones of your great great grand father yet believe he existed. What if you were genetically engineered aka test tube baby?

Onuku

Prove beyond reasonable doubt that your great great grand father existed by producing his bones
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by CAPSLOCKED: 12:03am On Aug 16, 2020
Pelecius:

Anyway, it may not appeal to you to know that whenever God wants to work miracles, the physical laws seem to be bent.

FROM TODAY TILL THE END OF THE WORLD A BEHEADED MAN CAN'T COME BACK TO LIFE. UNLESS A GROUP OF HUMANS DISCOVER WAYS TO REATTACH BODY PARTS AND GET A DEAD BODY WORKING AGAIN IN THE LAB. BUT SAY THROUGH MIRACULOUS AND POWERFUL GOD?
NEVER HAPPENING.

1 Like

Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Nobody: 12:04am On Aug 16, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

WHILE ALL THE EVIL IN THE COUNTRY WILL BE IN CHURCH TOMORROW MORNING I'LL BE EXERCISING AND PRACTICING MY CRIP WALK INSTEAD OF LOOKING FOR A MORØN TO LISTEN TO.
Am sorry I said those words to you bro you insulted me in your last sentence and I guess am not wise enough to hold the insult am sorry anyway
What you said up made me remember a woman I met sometimes ago but please if you ain't in a hurry to go to bed you'll tell me from your perspective why you feel that way
The story : I met a woman from north East England can't remember the exact months but I know we met around 2016

I study her very closely and i discovered that she's atheist so I asked her why? what she told me was can I forsake my son or daughter not minding the pain and stress I went through while bringing him/her to life and let him/her suffer severely

My answer was No I mean there's no parents that will do such,,I preach to her from my own little knowledge but everything seems fruitless cause she keep showing me some real points that there's no God

To be honest I was confused so I switch off my data and kept my phone somewhere and I started thinking about the whole issue and I was like of course you can't leave your' child to suffer severely and not looking at their side

Capslocked to be sincere I started having doubts at a point I can't just take any further lines from this woman I had to block her because talking any further to her can lead to something else

Even me that am talking to you I haven't been to Church since last year August, I went to church some Sundays back since that last year August and people were looking at me I noticed them and I sat down peacefully not minding anyone's reaction

I bet you supposing there's no Bible even sometimes my believe is that there's is no..... can't just say it

So capslocked this is my own view from the look of things
So what is the main reason as why you said those words up there earlier on
Who knows you might have encounter a situation whereby you came into conclusion as to why you wrote those things
Let's see things from your own outlook

1 Like

Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by kingxsamz(m): 12:04am On Aug 16, 2020
Tetehjewels:

Has science been able to achieve anything without making use of those things already in existence?

Has Science "created" anything from nothing and used it to further model other things?

How come science only works with pre-existing things yet you cannot see the obvious limitations it has? If Science can only work with already existing things how did these things conveniently exist and fashion out laws which govern science today?

No, science has not.
But there you go again with your poor logic.

Going by your logic, Unicorns could have created the universe. The Muslim god could have or the flying spaghetti monster could be responsible for its creation, but go off. Lol. grin
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by fuckaholic25(f): 12:04am On Aug 16, 2020
wait, but Bible no talk am if Na whale nw abi?
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by sdcf(m): 12:04am On Aug 16, 2020
Emary:
The Bartley story is an interesting fact. It's possible the specie of whale that swallowed Jonah is now extinct.

In the story of Jonah,
there are certain situations that leaves you in Jonah's position in life
as in the bible wants you to see, if you read it under the light.
It is often the same feeling, entirely everything that
comes with getting swallowed by a whale, being handicapped.

Christians believe that,
you have to know that passage to be able to have
the courage to go through it. Otherwise you be left
and maybe forgotten in time.

Christians believe that,
we will all have some Jonah times in our lives.
We will be stuck there, have a different dream
that also means the same thing which is, being at this handicapped
position and can only go through it doing the same thing Jonah did.
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Nobody: 12:04am On Aug 16, 2020
9jah:

When you start thinking for yourself and become rational then we can have a rational conversation-I’m not a preacher or your imam -All I want to say is just think rationally.Religion is not the compass for a good moral being-Africa and Latin America have one thing is common religion and poverty-Other continents have grown up and moved away from this nomadic thinking .

When you start thinking for yourself and becoming rational spiritually then we can have a conversation. Thank you for your time
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by CAPSLOCKED: 12:04am On Aug 16, 2020
kingxsamz:

grin grin grin Clown.

I'M SPEECHLESS.

1 Like

Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by kingxsamz(m): 12:05am On Aug 16, 2020
WILLuKPquiet:

Will you keep quiet!

Happy weekend. grin

grin
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Nobody: 12:06am On Aug 16, 2020
kingxsamz:

No, science has not.
But there you go again with your poor logic.

Going by your logic, Unicorns could have created the universe. The Muslim god could have or the flying spaghetti monster could be responsible for its creation, but go off. Lol. grin

Stop shifting goalposts and answer my questions. At least apply some thought and make an effort and stop jumping on unicorns because that is always the atheist argument loaded with foolishness.

You couldn't even try and say Ostriches. It had to be the age long Unicorn nonsense.

Answer my question
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Nobody: 12:07am On Aug 16, 2020
kingxsamz:

Lol, I said curse me, let's see if your God or god is not dead or was ever alive in the first place.
What are you waiting for? cheesy

My guy no Christian will curse you because you don't believe in God just to prove to you his God exists. No!

Life and death is a choice.
You have picked your choice, who's headache.

If you wait for Christians to curse you to prove to you that God exists, you are wasting your time.

Common, continue with your lifestyle bro. Goodluck.

2 Likes

Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by CAPSLOCKED: 12:08am On Aug 16, 2020
Tetehjewels:

NOTHING SUGGESTS THAT YOUR OWN GOD OUT OF THE LIST OF MANY KNOWN GODS IS THE CREATOR OF THE THINGS SCIENCE MAKE USE OF. WE DON'T KNOW EXACTLY HOW WE CAME HERE. THERE ARE MANY THEORIES THAT AREN'T AFRAID TO BE QUESTIONED, REVISITED, RE-DISCUSSED AND ALSO REJECTED.
BUT RELIGION, THESE ARE THE GROUPS THAT DON'T CARE FOR EVIDENCE AND QUESTIONS, AND WANT US TO BELIEVE A GOD DID IT. THE PROBLEM HOWEVER IS, "WHICH GOD"?

3 Likes

Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by tony5(m): 12:09am On Aug 16, 2020
Righteousness89:
Hallelujah!
GOD ALMIGHTY is not a Man that He should lie..

The Bible is the Word of God written by Men who were Inspired by God Himself. Every Part of the Holy Bible is True.

This is a Privileged Generation..

Few weeks ago it was Noah Ark

Today it Jonah and the Whale.

A Serious Message is being passed to us.
Noah and Jonah were Preachers of Righteousness that warned the People of the Wrath of God..

The people in Noah's Generation Refused to Heed
Those in Nineveh listened to Jonah, Repented and Ask God for Mercy.

Today is another opportunity for Someone to Shift From Darkness to Light, From Eternal Destruction to Eternal Life and From Hell to Heaven..

The RAPTURE of the saints is upon us. Humble yourself and Accept The KING of kings..

Personal Raptures are Happening Every Minute. You Don't know your time! Humble yourself and Accept The KING of kings..

THERE IS NO MORE TIME!!!

If you Have Ears to Hear, you Should Hear
your message is not passing any message to me because I don't know who you are refering to as the King of kings and also you are not preaching the good news of Christ as instructed in Matthew 20: 28-29, we have been redeemed through the blood of christ Jesus, He so much love us that he sacrifice his only son. Don't live for rapture, live a following the things Jesus have taught us before you preach doom that you know not the day it will come upon us. The promise God for our lives is not to perish in sin, but for as many of us that receive Christ Jesus as our personal Lord and saviour will Reign with him in his kingdom, don't hold back talents God have deposited in you and useless your self because of rapture day. Use your talent to help humans and it's society, this way your life style will bring people closer to christ because he is the truth the way and life, no one comes to the father except through Jesus Christ, the Prince of peace, the holy Lamb with out blemish who died for our sin
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Nobody: 12:09am On Aug 16, 2020
Pelecius:

Amen
May God purge us all of anything that won't give glory to his name.

Happy Sunday to you Sir
Same here sir❤
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by kingxsamz(m): 12:11am On Aug 16, 2020
Tetehjewels:

Stop shifting goalposts and answer my questions. At least apply some thought and make an effort and stop jumping on unicorns because that is always the atheist argument loaded with foolishness.

You couldn't even try and say Ostriches. It had to be the age long Unicorn nonsense.

Answer my question

I'm not shifting goal posts na. grin
I already answered No.

So how does not being able to create life prove that a god exists and that god wants to throw you into some everlasting fire if you don't serve him? undecided
Think man. Think.!
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Pelecius: 12:12am On Aug 16, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

FROM TODAY TILL THE END OF THE WORLD A BEHEADED MAN CAN'T COME BACK TO LIFE. UNLESS A GROUP OF HUMANS DISCOVER WAYS TO REATTACH BODY PARTS AND GET A DEAD BODY WORKING AGAIN IN THE LAB. BUT SAY THROUGH MIRACULOUS AND POWERFUL GOD?
NEVER HAPPENING.
I wouldn't subscribe to God ressurrecting a beheaded man but it'll be foolishness on my part to believe that one day, some humans can find a way to do that but God can't do that.
Those in medical field experience events that defy known and well established laws in physiology which some are quick to relate to miracles.
I believe God and have experienced him in various ways and I understand a bit of my Bible to know to some extent how he works. So it will be foolish of me to believe that he is limited WHENEVER he wants to do anything
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by meobizy(f): 12:12am On Aug 16, 2020
It’s Sunday and Christians have come again with lies. At least the other religion creates rulings which the smart ones never care to implement.
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Nobody: 12:12am On Aug 16, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

NOTHING SUGGESTS THAT YOUR OWN GOD OUT OF THE LIST OF MANY KNOWN GODS IS THE CREATOR OF THE THINGS SCIENCE MAKE USE OF. WE DON'T KNOW EXACTLY HOW WE CAME HERE. THERE ARE MANY THEORIES THAT AREN'T AFRAID TO BE QUESTIONED, REVISITED, RE-DISCUSSED AND ALSO REJECTED.
BUT RELIGION, THESE ARE THE GROUPS THAT DON'T CARE FOR EVIDENCE AND QUESTIONS, AND WANT US TO BELIEVE A GOD DID IT. THE PROBLEM HOWEVER IS, "WHICH GOD"?

Do you see how foolish you atheists are.

I asked a simple question focused on science and it's limitations and you jump on My God did no create this and that.

Please show me in my question where I even suggested that remotely.

A lot of you are as dumb as they come and simply throw foolish comments around in an attempt to throw the argument or question off to a place that suites your position.

You can help your friend by now making a proper attempt to answer my question rather than this debased response

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Top 10 Churches Where God Is Not Worshiped / My Favourite Bible Passage: The Palm Tree / Famous Nigerian Pastor & Church Dedicated To The Occult

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.