Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

My Parents Have Betrayed Me - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Parents Have Betrayed Me (1744 Views)

Why Do Poor Parents Have More Children Than Rich Parents? (pictures) / What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? / “I Can’t Wait For My Parents To Die, So I Can Inherit All” - Guy On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Parents Have Betrayed Me by ERICCSSON: 7:56pm On Aug 15, 2020
Re: My Parents Have Betrayed Me by scrolldown88: 8:03pm On Aug 15, 2020
Calm down fess. Drink cold water again, then eat food.

You need to calm down as we wait for the elders.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Parents Have Betrayed Me by Nobody: 8:07pm On Aug 15, 2020
Glad you know the right thing. How to go about it is the issue now.

2 Likes

Re: My Parents Have Betrayed Me by decatalyst(m): 8:08pm On Aug 15, 2020
What do we do?
Re: My Parents Have Betrayed Me by infogenerator(m): 8:09pm On Aug 15, 2020
It's easy bro, prove to your family that she isn't a witch but the best thing that has ever happened to you.

✓ Sit everyone down in a family meeting. Just the same way you have listed all her benevolent gestures towards you on nairaland, list them out to your family. Add small jara join sef.

✓Let them know she is partly the reason you're a man today.

✓Ask your mom if her daughter have done all these for a man and his family turns around to call her a witch how will she feel?

✓Bro you're about to be a man now, this is your first test, don't fall our hand.

✓I'm sure if you're convincing enough your family will have a change of heart, or you might win some of their hearts, if not all.

✓Don't goan loose a good woman because of what one baba in the village said, fight for your woman!

my_one_cent

13 Likes

Re: My Parents Have Betrayed Me by Acidosis(m): 8:13pm On Aug 15, 2020
Report your mother to her pastor.

How can a witch doctor call another person a witch? Na wa o.

13 Likes

Re: My Parents Have Betrayed Me by Nobody: 8:15pm On Aug 15, 2020
Don't make any decision or take any action in a hurry that you might regret later.

Calm down, relax your mind.

In addition to what the 4th commenter said, in a calm voice ask your mum why she as a believer would chose to go for consultation in a shrine rather than a man of God. Make her understand that that shrine is demonic and demons and the devil don't want any good for anyone, their main purpose is to steal (be it joy, happiness, comfort et) kill and destroy.

Tell your fiancee, explain things to her to enable the two of you agree in prayer, you two should organize prayers, prayers are very potent. Who knows, mama might be under strange influence. Prayers will pave way for you and make things clearer, they will help in clearing other unseen hurdles on your way a marital life.

Take the whole thing gently. Try convincing them how good she's been to you.
Encourage them to go see a man of God.

Please pray, such things have spiritual roots. You influence things and cast out unpalatable situations through the force of prayers. If pared venture she is being followed by "village people", she will be liberated and if it be you two aren't meant to be,God will orchestrate it so.

If it be that you are meant to be together, no force on earth can withstand the effects of prayers in making that a reality

2 Likes

Re: My Parents Have Betrayed Me by CsRockefeller(m): 8:16pm On Aug 15, 2020
grin grin

Another funny post grin
Re: My Parents Have Betrayed Me by Righteousness89(m): 8:19pm On Aug 15, 2020
Calm down Bro..

Your Mom Going to a Native Doctor is a Red Flag..

Refuse what she says.. Don't Heed to it!

Pray about it, Cancel what she says!

If you are Divinely led to Marry her, go ahead!

5 Likes

Re: My Parents Have Betrayed Me by ERICCSSON: 8:19pm On Aug 15, 2020
Acidosis:

Yes o i will declare full scale war on them and effective immediately am cutting every budget and support for them they don't even know how the money comes ungrateful parents. . God
Re: My Parents Have Betrayed Me by ERICCSSON: 8:21pm On Aug 15, 2020
Righteousness89:
Calm Down bro!
If it was a pastor I would understand but taking my woman's picture to a juju priest wtf I can't take that
Re: My Parents Have Betrayed Me by DonBenny77(m): 8:41pm On Aug 15, 2020
Your mum is right.
She's a good witch bro
Run from your mother she doesn't want your progress

2 Likes

Re: My Parents Have Betrayed Me by Nobody: 10:11pm On Aug 15, 2020
ERICCSSON:
pls forgive my typo i had to open a new acct to protect my identity....
i wont bore you with long stories i will go straight to the point.
there's a girl we have been dating for 4 years plus. recently i told my mom about plans to bring her over as per marriage plans my mom asked for a pic of my fiancee she usually takes pics of my siblings and i to church for prayers and all i have no problem with that..
yesterday my mom called me told me to come home that its urgent..this morning i hurried down only for her to tell me that my fiancee is a WITCH and i froze...i finally asked for iced water after taking one glass i calmed down and asked how come?where is this coming from?
Apparently my mom took the pic shes been pestering me for to the village (a SHRINE note my mom is a very strong church goer).... i froze again so she was told my fiancee is a witch so i should call off the relationship..imagine the nonsense...God helped me i would have given her a dirty slap if that was someone else...since i met my fiancee she has been nothing but a source of happiness to me she is an architect she has helped my life in so many ways financially and otherwise on my last birthday she gave me a building plan she designed for our house and we have even gotten a land together how can this lady be a witch last year there was a flood that affected my family compound where my parents live my fiancee helped me with funds which i used in relocating them b4 i renovated the compound i can keep going since i met this girl my life changed ...i feel so hurt what has she done to deserve all these?
shes so happy and hoping to meet them what do i tell her God?
i feel so hurt and betrayed..even my dad supports her in this madness i want to cut them off what do i say to my fianceee please help me i have been down since morning how can my parents do this to me?oh God

Trash your parents and marry her, if you see bastards you will know. Your parents can be as thrashy as Boko Haram because they are human too. They are not God. Actor, Christian Bale threw his mom and sister away for messing up and trying to destroy his family. They even got him arrested on trumped up charges though he got released after the cops found out they were lies. He threw them to the dumpster and they later came back begging. Look, do the needful and stop pandering to witches. See churchgoer wey dey enter shrine. Mtchew.
Re: My Parents Have Betrayed Me by mutter(f): 10:33pm On Aug 15, 2020
You mum is one hell of a jealous woman!
We women don't like letting go of our son's but your mother's case is extreme.
You better set the boundaries right now because she will break up yout marriage if ever you have one.
You are a man. Take your own decisions. You don't have to justify your choice to your mother.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Parents Have Betrayed Me by ImaIma1(f): 10:47pm On Aug 15, 2020
Off course you should not take what your mum said seriously. How can she claim to be a Christian and now visit a shrine? It doesn't sound good at all.

You need to be careful around your mother from now. When you go ahead with the marriage, be mindful of the things you tell her especially about your marriage. She is your mother, no doubt, but you have to be wise for the sake of yourself and your own family.

2 Likes

Re: My Parents Have Betrayed Me by Acidosis(m): 11:21pm On Aug 15, 2020
ERICCSSON:

Yes o i will declare full scale war on them and effective immediately am cutting every budget and support for them they don't even know how the money comes ungrateful parents. . God

Lol. You don't have to declare a full scale war on your parents to pass the message across.

Just ensure you're making the right decision. If you can't find the allegations, then they're probably wrong. BTW, the word 'witch' is ambiguous so whoever gave the message needs to explain him-/her-self.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Parents Have Betrayed Me by ERICCSSON: 11:38pm On Aug 15, 2020
Acidosis:

Lol. You don't have to declare a full scale war on your parents to pass the message across.

Just ensure you're making the right decision. If you can't find the allegations, then they're probably wrong. BTW, the word 'witch' is ambiguous so whoever gave the message needs to explain him-/her-self.
too late bro
I am storming her church tomorrow I am taking back my fiancé pic & hopefully me she and her pastor will go to the shrine to confirm that claim..

1 Like

Re: My Parents Have Betrayed Me by frozen70(f): 12:16am On Aug 16, 2020
ERICCSSON:
there's a girl we have been dating for 4 years plus. recently i told my mom about plans to bring her over as per marriage plans my mom asked for a pic of my fiancee she usually takes pics of my siblings and i to church for prayers and all i have no problem with that..
yesterday my mom called me told me to come home that its urgent..this morning i hurried down only for her to tell me that my fiancee is a WITCH and i froze...i finally asked for iced water after taking one glass i calmed down and asked how come?where is this coming from?
Apparently my mom took the pic shes been pestering me for to the village (a SHRINE note my mom is a very strong church goer).... i froze again so she was told my fiancee is a witch so i should call off the relationship..imagine the nonsense...God helped me i would have given her a dirty slap if that was someone else...since i met my fiancee she has been nothing but a source of happiness to me she is an architect she has helped my life in so many ways financially and otherwise on my last birthday she gave me a building plan she designed for our house and we have even gotten a land together how can this lady be a witch last year there was a flood that affected my family compound where my parents live my fiancee helped me with funds which i used in relocating them b4 i renovated the compound i can keep going since i met this girl my life changed ...i feel so hurt what has she done to deserve all these?
i feel so hurt and betrayed..even my dad supports her in this madness i want to cut them off what do i say to my fianceee please help me i have been down since morning how can my parents do this to me?oh God

You can't use force to fight for her place in your family

Seat them down let them know what they don't know about her and you and her impact in your life

They will be surprise that all you did for them. Was her idea and her money

1 Like

Re: My Parents Have Betrayed Me by spiralwedge(m): 2:16am On Aug 16, 2020
ERICCSSON:

Your mum, a church goer, took your fiancee's picture to the shrine? Omg!
Run to her pastor and tell him everything you wrote up here.

Your future kids aren't even safe with such a mother that jump from spiritual house to another. In your absence, your future kids would be given stuffs to eat and drink, and initiated, they would be taken to places behind your back.

3 Likes

Re: My Parents Have Betrayed Me by layzie: 5:59am On Aug 16, 2020
Tell ur mom that u are going to make your own findings in church to confirm the witchcraft allegation and the outcome will determine your next course of action. If ur findings confirm her allegation, u will drop her but if not u will go ahead and marry her with or without their blessings.
Go to your church since u re a Christian and pray. Do maybe a 7 days prayer and fasting with alms giving and ask God to expose any witch around you.
Wait a month after your fasting/prayers.
If you re convinced ur fiancee is not a witch, communicate to your mom and ask her to love ur fiancee unconditionally as she is to be her daughter in law. Your mom's response at this point will determine whether u cut her off totally for now or not. But whatever u do, be very cautious around mom with ur fiancee, keep them apart and watch the info u pass along to each other

1 Like

Re: My Parents Have Betrayed Me by Nobody: 6:46am On Aug 16, 2020
ERICCSSON:
Cut your parents off.
Re: My Parents Have Betrayed Me by dehiero: 7:06am On Aug 16, 2020
Your mom is the witch herself

1 Like

Re: My Parents Have Betrayed Me by ecolime(m): 8:22am On Aug 16, 2020
Acidosis:

1 like for you abeg

1 Like

Re: My Parents Have Betrayed Me by Kendumazy(m): 11:42am On Aug 16, 2020
Whatever you do, don't let your wife know what's going on for now. Fight the battle yourself codely, don't involve her. Some ladies are sceptical of going further into a family the man's family don't want them. They will cut off the relationship in their mind while they will be pretending like all is well with you that they are fighting the battle with you. Before you know it, they will start withdrawing or tell it to your face one day, that it's over. She doesn't want your family troubles. She does not want to be married to a family she won't be loved. I am talking from experience.

3 Likes

Re: My Parents Have Betrayed Me by Karleb(m): 4:08pm On Aug 16, 2020
It's time to make your decision as a man.

Don't let that lady go.

Older people normally suffer from Alzheimer's disease. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: My Parents Have Betrayed Me by Karleb(m): 4:09pm On Aug 16, 2020
dehiero:
Your mom is the witch herself

Let us be guided!
Re: My Parents Have Betrayed Me by eyinjuege: 4:24pm On Aug 16, 2020
Hmmm, your family will not allow your marriage to be peaceful if you decide to marry her without their consent. You mother is obviously diabolocal since she knows the right places to go, and can go full scale diabolical on your wife when you marry.
It's either you let the poor girl go so she won't attract trouble into her life Or you move far away from your family and marry her and at the same time too let her know why you cut off from them, so she can be careful around them. You can still help them from afar, but don't let them close to your wife at all.
Anyway, see mama's pastor and let him know she visits shrines, and that his church member is a man of war- Indaboski.
Many men don't mind marrying witches who will bring happiness, comfort and ease into their lives. Just saying

5 Likes

Re: My Parents Have Betrayed Me by RichBoy247: 9:06pm On Aug 16, 2020
What an old woman sees from where she is lying down, a boy will not see it from the top of MTN mast.

It's a difficult one.

Your Fiancé may actually be a loving witch. Are there loving witched? Yes, there are.

You are in a difficult situation. Just pray, pray and pray. God will lead you.
Re: My Parents Have Betrayed Me by RichBoy247: 9:10pm On Aug 16, 2020
Squillaci:

Cut your parents off.

And make you his parents?

When the chips are down, only the parents will remain with him.
Re: My Parents Have Betrayed Me by GboyegaD(m): 9:39pm On Aug 16, 2020
Tell your mom that you are disappointed that despite her faith she resulted to visiting the shrine. The repercussion was a punishment for her mind for such act and that was the reason the Dibia told her that such message. Most importantly, tell her the devil's got nothing to offer and that is why he wants to destroy your joy.

If she wouldn't bulge, blackmail her by telling her you would like to discuss the issue with her pastor so that she can explain this to her.

1 Like

Re: My Parents Have Betrayed Me by merieam16(f): 11:26pm On Aug 16, 2020
scrolldown88:
Calm down fess. Drink cold water again, then eat food.

You need to calm down as we wait for the elders.
U mean he should be calming down

1 Like

Re: My Parents Have Betrayed Me by Gabe427: 1:44am On Aug 17, 2020
this one is strong

A witch though that one weak me
coming from your mum
and your dad in support

the best thing is to get a third opinion from someone who understands the spiritual well

you could be love struck from love potion(giggles)

or your mum is just the clingy type that wants to scare you from the lady...
The craziest idea would be to go to another witch doctor to confirm/ disclaim the accusations by the first witch doctor about your fiance being a 21century architect modern woman/witch

(1) (2) (Reply)

Some People Are Insensitive - Pregnancy Is Hard / Sickle Cell Disease People Are Now Getting Cured To AA. Save A Soul!!! (Video) / Nursing Mother Pours Hot Water,mixed With Pepper On Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.