Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,967 members, 7,817,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

Some People Are Insensitive - Pregnancy Is Hard - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Some People Are Insensitive - Pregnancy Is Hard (1743 Views)

My Uncle Wife Is Insensitive / Help! An Unwanted Pregnancy Is Ruining My Life. / My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some People Are Insensitive - Pregnancy Is Hard by awalkwithivy: 12:33pm On Mar 05, 2021
The reason why I had to write this post is to enlighten the newly weds, the first time dads and the single ladies who haven't smelt pregnancy before.
Firstly, I am a mom, so I know exactly what i am talking about.
Pregnancy is a long process, for women, it gets to a point where you are entirely tired and just want to get over with it.

1. The inability to sleep well. For me, sleeping on one side was very uncomfortable and to say the least, it was annoying. who the hell sleeps in a restricted position for almost 10 months without going crazy? even prisoners can toss and turn in bed. So you see, when madam wakes up cranky and dull, its not because she wants to suffer you, or she's being lazy. The truth is that she could barely have a good night rest. and it gets worse because even though she takes a nap, same wahala. so dear complainers, put yourself in her shoes.

2. The inability to deal with your appetite. lord! I was one of those pregnant women who never had appetite for one fruit and one food. I can eat amala from morning to night, and I'm Ibo. it was crazy and funny. worse of all these is that I couldn't enter my kitchen, because anytime I put pot on the fire and attempt to cook, the entire smell from my kitchen takes me back to square 1. I wanted to eat amala everyday and I hated rice with passion. dear complainers, imagine having to throw up every time you eat, imagine feeling nauseous all day. shey you see its not easy?

3. Sex was disgusting to me, and i wonder why many people talk about how its good for pregnant women. mtcheeeew! that was the last thing on my mind. It was just very uncomfortable and I was barely involved. I know there are men out there that are shouting at their wives now, complaining about their sex lives etc. Oga be calming down, you sound like a fucking monster. You lack understanding and empathy. I'm not saying that a pregnant woman should starve her husband o, but the fact that its not very regular and interesting shouldn't be enough reason for you to be rude to her.

4. she forgot something you said to her just this morning? and you are angry? LOL... you never see anything...
...... I will be back guys, im at work. to be updated soon.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some People Are Insensitive - Pregnancy Is Hard by Nobody: 12:36pm On Mar 05, 2021
Weird cravings
*For goodness sake how the hell am I going to get party rice? As in she literally asked me to go and get party rice. The down pot side. The first time I thought it was a joke I asked on caterer to cook it with firewood. She shouted at me and said that one from the party has a particular taste. The next time she said it I literally had to drive around looking for ikomo. I was lucky.
* Emotions haywire. Person go just wake up for night start to cry. Oya Wetin dey make you cry she says nothing. She just wants to cry. Egbami...who will wake up just to cry nitori oloun.
* Question. Baby wey dey belle dey shop? If I mistakenly leave my ATM I'm dead. I go just dey see alert. Gbaun gbaun gbaun. Wetin na. Says it helps her to relax. Madam find another thing take relax na. I don dey get hypertension

So many others I no fit type. At the end it's worth it. One of the reasons is that the rate at which marriages collapse nowadays , the kids might be the only thing you gain from it. But it's worth it

7 Likes

Re: Some People Are Insensitive - Pregnancy Is Hard by awalkwithivy: 12:38pm On Mar 05, 2021
HEHEHEHEHEH
I trust naira land
MejiLoyon:
No need, we go update am for you
Re: Some People Are Insensitive - Pregnancy Is Hard by Nobody: 12:38pm On Mar 05, 2021
Ehya
Re: Some People Are Insensitive - Pregnancy Is Hard by Nobody: 12:49pm On Mar 05, 2021
1.Everybody will see u carrying evidence that u have had sex around.2.u see urself begging okro soup wey dem use only crayfish cook from neighbour wey u dey call `dirty neighbour'where as u get better vegetable soup wey u use asorted meat and fish cook inside ur house.3.bra and pant go become ur enemy .4.u will begin 2 feel sexy when ever u wear ur husbands big clothes

5 Likes

Re: Some People Are Insensitive - Pregnancy Is Hard by awalkwithivy: 12:52pm On Mar 05, 2021
grin grin you are right man. I cried alot too. even while watching the news. its funny now, thinking about it. You seem to be an understanding man. God bless you.
MejiLoyon:
Weird cravings
*For goodness sake how the hell am I going to get party rice? As in she literally asked me to go and get party rice. The down pot side. The first time I thought it was a joke I asked on caterer to cook it with firewood. She shouted at me and said that one from the party has a particular taste. The next time she said it I literally had to drive around looking for ikomo. I was lucky.
* Emotions haywire. Person go just wake up for night start to cry. Oya Wetin dey make you cry she says nothing. She just wants to cry. Egbami...who will wake up just to cry nitori oloun.
* Question. Baby wey dey belle dey shop? If I mistakenly leave my ATM I'm dead. I go just dey see alert. Gbaun gbaun gbaun. Wetin na. Says it helps her to relax. Madam find another thing take relax na. I don dey get hypertension

So many others I no fit type. At the end it's worth it. One of the reasons is that the rate at which marriages collapse nowadays , the kids might be the only thing you gain from it. But it's worth it

2 Likes

Re: Some People Are Insensitive - Pregnancy Is Hard by LadySarah: 12:55pm On Mar 05, 2021
You are not Igbo if you identify your tribe as 'IBO'.What the hell is IBO?

Back to the post.When hunger strikes.the type that makes your whole body shake and sweat pouring down your body.The only respite is to find food immediately. Doesn't matter what it is.Its one of the things i hate most.
Re: Some People Are Insensitive - Pregnancy Is Hard by Freestainworld(m): 12:56pm On Mar 05, 2021
pregnancy wives can nag like hell, but patient is just the only way out.
Re: Some People Are Insensitive - Pregnancy Is Hard by Kondomatic(m): 12:59pm On Mar 05, 2021
After seeing the number of people in Nigeria alone and how fast they keep multiplying daily, one finds it difficult to believe that the process through which they're being brought into the world is a difficult one.

Prolly why some people are of the opinion that being kicked on the balls is more painful.

Nobody has ever asked to be kicked a second time, unlike pregnancy.

No 12 Buhari street opposite Umudike community development high school is my home address just in case you want to come and beat me.

4 Likes

Re: Some People Are Insensitive - Pregnancy Is Hard by Pweetyccee(f): 2:17pm On Mar 05, 2021
Lol pls more comment
Re: Some People Are Insensitive - Pregnancy Is Hard by LilMissFavvy(f): 6:41pm On Mar 05, 2021
This will be interesting.......
Re: Some People Are Insensitive - Pregnancy Is Hard by Ginaz(f): 8:00pm On Mar 05, 2021
Pls it's like when I get pregnant, my mommy will come and take care of me cos I don't like stress. grin

I'm praying everyday to marry a man who is understanding and pets me cos I'm suspecting, my shakara will increase once I get pregnant. I'm a picky person by nature when it comes to food.

1 Like

Re: Some People Are Insensitive - Pregnancy Is Hard by Pochettino(f): 8:28pm On Mar 05, 2021
We women deserve every hardship we face. I can't lie
We women use this pregnancy thingy to perpetrate evil

2 Likes

Re: Some People Are Insensitive - Pregnancy Is Hard by culf: 9:06pm On Mar 05, 2021
my wife's pregnancy was amazing, so easy and stress free. She didn't go through Most things that women complain of, I thank God
Re: Some People Are Insensitive - Pregnancy Is Hard by culf: 9:07pm On Mar 05, 2021
Pochettino:

hmmm
Re: Some People Are Insensitive - Pregnancy Is Hard by mariahAngel(f): 9:13pm On Mar 05, 2021
Pochettino:

Dey there dey deceive yourself! Drag queen!
Re: Some People Are Insensitive - Pregnancy Is Hard by mariahAngel(f): 9:19pm On Mar 05, 2021
culf:

hmmm

"She's" a man.

3 Likes

Re: Some People Are Insensitive - Pregnancy Is Hard by culf: 9:26pm On Mar 05, 2021
mariahAngel:

"She's" a man.
lipsrsealed
Re: Some People Are Insensitive - Pregnancy Is Hard by Pochettino(f): 9:30pm On Mar 05, 2021
mariahAngel:

Dey there dey deceive yourself! Drag queen!

It's people like you that give we women a bad name. Look at how you're embarrassing yourself publicly
Re: Some People Are Insensitive - Pregnancy Is Hard by crackhaus: 9:38pm On Mar 05, 2021
Ginaz:
Pls it's like when I get pregnant, my mommy will come and take care of me cos I don't like stress. grin

I'm praying everyday to marry a man who is understanding and pets me cos I'm suspecting, my shakara will increase once I get pregnant. I'm a picky person by nature when it comes to food.
It's like they used this petting to swear for you people.

Always looking for who will pet una... Pet me, pet me, I love petting! LOL

Are you people pussy cats? Pun intended

3 Likes

Re: Some People Are Insensitive - Pregnancy Is Hard by mariahAngel(f): 9:44pm On Mar 05, 2021
Pochettino:

It's people like you that give we women a bad name. Look at how you're embarrassing yourself publicly

Taa gbafuo! "We women" gbuo gi dia! grin
Re: Some People Are Insensitive - Pregnancy Is Hard by Ginaz(f): 9:45pm On Mar 05, 2021
crackhaus:

It's like they used this petting to swear for you people.

Always looking for who will pet una... Pet me, pet me, I love petting! LOL

Are you people pussy cats? Pun intended

It is very sweet to be petted . in fact , I for one will directly ask you to pet me then sit on your laps, rest my head on your chest and mutter like a baby . cheesy
Re: Some People Are Insensitive - Pregnancy Is Hard by Pochettino(f): 9:54pm On Mar 05, 2021
mariahAngel:

Taa gbafuo! "We women" gbuo gi dia! grin

What you are doing doesn't make sense.
We women are supposed to support each other

I don't want to insult you dear please
Re: Some People Are Insensitive - Pregnancy Is Hard by crackhaus: 10:06pm On Mar 05, 2021
Ginaz:

It is very sweet to be petted . in fact , I for one will directly ask you to pet me then sit on your laps, rest my head on your chest and mutter like a baby . cheesy
cheesygrin
Re: Some People Are Insensitive - Pregnancy Is Hard by Liposure: 11:30pm On Mar 05, 2021
Nawa oh on top pregnancy. Abeg nobody should come and stress me with their annoying cravings. I'm a carefree man.

2 Likes

Re: Some People Are Insensitive - Pregnancy Is Hard by ImaIma1(f): 9:44am On Mar 06, 2021
What about the constant farting. That one doesn't just stop.

And some conditions that come with pregnancy like pregnancy diabetes, hypertension? This one is more serious than craving bottom pot porridge.

Mine came with carpal tunnel syndrome. Waking up at midnight crying because my fingers were stiff and painful...no blood flow Hubby massaged in his sleep ehn.

Thank God o

2 Likes

Re: Some People Are Insensitive - Pregnancy Is Hard by mariahAngel(f): 11:06am On Mar 06, 2021
ImaIma1:
What about the constant farting. That one doesn't just stop.

And some conditions that come with pregnancy like pregnancy diabetes, hypertension? This one is more serious than craving bottom pot porridge.

Mine came with carpal tunnel syndrome. Waking up at midnight crying because my fingers were stiff and painful...no blood flow Hubby massaged in his sleep ehn.

Thank God o

Ehyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa grin

Now I understand why they celebrate mothers' day like 10× in a year grin
Re: Some People Are Insensitive - Pregnancy Is Hard by emmyN(m): 11:19am On Mar 06, 2021
__–···–__

2 Likes

Re: Some People Are Insensitive - Pregnancy Is Hard by ImaIma1(f): 12:46pm On Mar 06, 2021
mariahAngel:

Ehyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa grin

Now I understand why they celebrate mothers' day like 10× in a year grin

Babe my friend would give herself insulin shots every single day because she has pregnancy diabetes for both her pregnancies. The diabetes usually goes after delivery.

My colleague had high BP that showed up at the point of delivery. After delivery, they had to shock her back to life because she was already going o.

Pregnancy stress is beyong craving lion head at 2am o cheesy

1 Like

Re: Some People Are Insensitive - Pregnancy Is Hard by Amanee(f): 1:38pm On Mar 06, 2021
Omo this thread is scary
Re: Some People Are Insensitive - Pregnancy Is Hard by mariahAngel(f): 3:54pm On Mar 06, 2021
Amanee:
Omo this thread is scary

Don't worry, you can handle it. You're a babe and half after all.
Re: Some People Are Insensitive - Pregnancy Is Hard by mutter(f): 4:03pm On Mar 06, 2021
Pregnancy is not a walk in the park.
... and not every pregnancy is the same.
Sometimes it even ends in sorrow when you loose the pregnancy.
In labor you get to a point you are at the gates of heaven or hell embarassed

Anything can go wrong and thank God it often ends in praise.
It's especially difficult when you have to combine pregnancy wit work and other children.
I thank God that is history for me now.
Today when anyone close to me is oregn8i am even more worried than I was when I was pregnant.
I wonder how I will survive it when my daughter's are pregnant.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Critical Reasons Never To Marry A Single Mother Ever! Stay Far Away!! / 15 Brilliant Lies Parents Have Told Their Kids / Why Are Blacks Not The Most Successful Group?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.