Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,160 members, 7,818,531 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend (21798 Views)

Five Ways To Identify A Good Church To Attend / Living Faith Church To Construct Four Lane Express From Lafenwa To Ayobo / ”How To Identify A Yoruba Demon” Church Program By Harvesters International (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by Fireforce(m): 10:27am On Aug 16, 2020
Catholic and proud. During my NYSC, I was dating a Pentecostal Lady and she later broke up with me saying I'm a Catholic., that she can't marry a Catholic. All of a sudden her interest has changed over the past few years and she is diverting her attention to me. But trust me., I nor even send her

1 Like

Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by Nobody: 10:34am On Aug 16, 2020
Fireforce:
Catholic and proud. During my NYSC, I was dating a Pentecostal Lady and she later broke up with me saying I'm a Catholic., that she can't marry a Catholic. All of a sudden her interest has changed over the past few years and she is diverting her attention to me. But trust me., I nor even send her
Who gives a flying shit

1 Like

Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by athaboi(f): 10:38am On Aug 16, 2020
sunshineV:
those ones are unserious, dey worship a portrait of jesus
lolz and you think you are better than them in God's eyes?? Live your life and don't condemn others
Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by Nobody: 10:38am On Aug 16, 2020
ZINIBANKS:

Only few people know this
Have you been chased by an African parents to church before they will chase you as if God himself is waiting for you in the church
But they've forgotten that God is everywhere

True.
Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by sunshineV(f): 10:40am On Aug 16, 2020
athaboi:
lolz and you think you are better than them in God's eyes?? Live your life and don't condemn others
same god dat said dont worship an idol? he must be an hypocrite
Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by King44(m): 11:01am On Aug 16, 2020
ZINIBANKS:
We've overate everything here
White people don't take it too serious the way we handle it here, yet look at their lives it's far more better than ours
Because most of them have backslide so it is a good reason for us to also do the same.

Yahoo churches are common now, it is hard to see a true Christian church this days.
Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by Jeezuzpick(m): 11:07am On Aug 16, 2020
post=92875465:
A Bible Believing Church that preaches more on Salvation rather than Prosperity is what a True Christian should go to.

You're a Christian?

Honestly, I thought you were a Fulani Muslim fundamentalist the way you carry on about Bubu like he's the best thing since sliced bread.

This is interesting.....
Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by Futureyahooboi(m): 11:14am On Aug 16, 2020
AhmedEmeka:
Make sure there are sexy looking girls in any church before attending.

No be lie
Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by pasol4real(m): 11:21am On Aug 16, 2020
TundeKorede:

Source: http://www.tundekorede.com/how-to-know-a-good-church-to-attend-2/
Trash
There’s only on true church of Christ
THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH( THE MYSTICAL BODY OF CHRIST) other churches are pretenders
Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by pasol4real(m): 11:23am On Aug 16, 2020
sunshineV:
those ones are unserious, dey worship a portrait of jesus
I pity your soul, stop condemning your self.
Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by sunshineV(f): 11:27am On Aug 16, 2020
pasol4real:
I pity your soul, stop condemning your self.
but is ur soul any better?
Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by blahc007: 11:27am On Aug 16, 2020
post=92875465:
A Bible Believing Church that preaches more on Salvation rather than Prosperity is where a True Christian should go.
sir..do you really understand prosperity?
Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by BluntTheApostle(m): 11:29am On Aug 16, 2020
We are talking about churches, some people are mentioning the Catholic Church. grin

If you are looking for the number 1 false church, then the Roman Catholic Church will top comfortably.

As for the true Church, it is the universal body of Christ.

Not any of Redeem, Deeperlife, and other Pentecostal churches.

A church where emphasis is placed on church rituals and doctrines, and on the supposed anointing of Daddy and Mummy GO is a false church. And sadly, all churches fall under this category.

What we have today is churchianity, not Christianity.

1 Like

Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by iamDrRhymes(m): 11:40am On Aug 16, 2020
And the church must not be collecting Tithe.
Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by Gasa01(m): 12:02pm On Aug 16, 2020
[i][/i]
FrLukas:
Best to stay at home and pray to God who is everywhere.

That way, you will save transportation money, offering money, tithe money, seed-sowing money, church development money, yearly contribution money, and still make it to heaven in good time.

The economy in the country should teach Christians to be wise.

Your pastor won't lead you to heaven. Only you can.
[s]
FrLukas:

That way, you will save transportation money, offering money, tithe money, seed-sowing money, church development money, yearly contribution money, and still make it to heaven in good time.

[/s]
FrLukas:

Bitter truth

1 Like

Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by Nobody: 12:09pm On Aug 16, 2020
Fireforce:
what was her reason for breaking up with a catholic
Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by Taiwojon(m): 12:11pm On Aug 16, 2020
Bible believing church is a must.

the word I speak are spirit and truth
Jesus Christ

. except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes ( church goers ) and Pharisee ( hypocrite ) ye shall in no wise get to heaven

be ye holy for I am holy.

I pray God kept us to the savings of our souls
Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by Nobody: 12:11pm On Aug 16, 2020
pasol4real:

Trash
THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH( THE MYSTICAL BODY OF CHRIST) other churches are pretenders
what of those father way day f^ck outside
Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by Jsucre(m): 12:11pm On Aug 16, 2020
SaintLucia:
There are seven in my street, so how do I identify the authentic one?
attend the 7
Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by kense88: 12:21pm On Aug 16, 2020
6) A church that does not disturb the neighborhood.
Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by kgr8mike(m): 12:21pm On Aug 16, 2020

1 Like

Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by TundeKorede: 12:42pm On Aug 16, 2020
kgr8mike:

God bless you for your insightful exposea

Amen!
Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by Alexaonfleek: 12:42pm On Aug 16, 2020
BluntTheApostle:
We are talking about churches, some people are mentioning the Catholic Church. grin

If you are looking for the number 1 false church, then the Roman Catholic Church will top comfortably.

As for the true Church, it is the universal body of Christ.

Not any of Redeem, Deeperlife, and other Pentecostal churches.

A church where emphasis is placed on church rituals and doctrines, and on the supposed anointing of Daddy and Mummy GO is a false church. And sadly, all churches fall under this category.

What we have today is churchianity, not Christianity.

Some of you will just open mouth waaaaaaaaa
Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by judedwriter(m): 12:48pm On Aug 16, 2020
lomprico:
Nation of hypocrites!

no Nigerian is going to heaven that is if there is one.

I am going sha o...
Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by FarmTech(m): 1:11pm On Aug 16, 2020
Stephenomozzy:
Not very many tick these boxes.

Any Church that tries to preach so much FEAR INDOCTRINATION rather than the love and peaceful chastisement of Christ is just a gathering led by one man's ideology.
Actually, there shud be a balance between punishment for sin and the love of God. And pastors shud learn how to call a spade a spade. Many hardly preach vividly on popular sins like immodesty, dirty songs, dirty jokes, bbnaija, immoral celebrities etc etc. And these are the things that are misleading youths today.

1 Like

Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by SaintLucia: 1:11pm On Aug 16, 2020
Jsucre:
attend the 7
Lol I will rather tell them to merge and form a central church. grin

1 Like

Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by FarmTech(m): 1:13pm On Aug 16, 2020
FrLukas:

Iron sharpens iron. You cannot make heaven by staying on your own. Don't neglect the gathering of the brethren. How can you win a political office by staying on your own? You don't know everything.
Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by Danniedpastor(m): 1:21pm On Aug 16, 2020
IjebuWarrior:
Deeper Life and very few small churches possess these qualities.. The rest are all Rubbish!

The rest?
How did you know this?
Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by FarmTech(m): 1:23pm On Aug 16, 2020
ZINIBANKS:
We've overate everything here
White people don't take it too serious the way we handle it here, yet look at their lives it's far more better than ours
It is not all about good living. Christian teachings have made nations great. But at a point, they dump it and started practicing abortion, same sex marriage, legal prostitution, legalizing marijuana etc. Are u comfortable with all those things? Ironically, people want crime and other evils to stop, but those sins that can lead to crimes are being tolerated and promoted.
Nigeria is not great today because many do not practice Christianity. If our politicians were not corrupt, Nigeria will be one of the world powers by now. Many churches today have deviated. I am Anglican, and in our church newspaper, mini skirts and tight, shape-revealing dresses are being advertised in the fashion section. Preachings against popular sins is very rare. So for many churches, it is all about money. Salvation no longer matters.
But all these shud not discourage u from going to church. Go to church and win souls for Christ.
Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by DisLifeSha: 1:23pm On Aug 16, 2020
How will I be able to help the church financially if am not prosperous
post=92875465:
A Bible Believing Church that preaches more on Salvation rather than Prosperity is where a True Christian should go.
Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by Danniedpastor(m): 1:27pm On Aug 16, 2020
pasol4real:

Trash

Oga, you deserve a knock.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God / What To Do When You Find It Difficult To Forgive Someone / Matter And Mind

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.