Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,450 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend (21797 Views)

Five Ways To Identify A Good Church To Attend / Living Faith Church To Construct Four Lane Express From Lafenwa To Ayobo / ”How To Identify A Yoruba Demon” Church Program By Harvesters International (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by perpeling22(f): 6:52pm On Aug 16, 2020
sunshineV:
those ones are unserious, dey worship a portrait of jesus

My mother died as a staunch Catholic. Few days after her burial, she called my uncle who went to ease himself in a place close to her grave. She called his name three times and warned that the whole family should live in peace and that she is comfortable where she was. It was real and not a dream.
In Igbo dialect, "gbaa ni mbo ka unu biri n'udo maka na ebe m no diri m mma"
I doubt if Church can take you to heaven.

1 Like

Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by chijokz(m): 6:59pm On Aug 16, 2020
IvarTheBoneless:
angry

The moment I hear TITHE....

I am outta there tongue
Exactly my assertions. Instead I want to hear Giving to the poor and less privileged.
Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by pasol4real(m): 7:24pm On Aug 16, 2020
Possiblegee:
what of those father way day f^ck outside
Even if the pope fuuuuk outside it has completely no effect on the infallibility of the Catholic Church, because the Catholic Church is Christ himself
Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by Nobody: 7:27pm On Aug 16, 2020
pasol4real:

Even if the pope fuuuuk outside it has completely no effect on the infallibility of the Catholic Church, because the Catholic Church is Christ himself
ok sir
Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by Nobody: 7:29pm On Aug 16, 2020
perpeling22:

My mother died as a staunch Catholic. Few days after her burial, she called my uncle who went to ease himself in a place close to her grave. She called his name three times and warned that the whole family should live in peace and that she is comfortable where she was. It was real and not a dream.
when your uncle told you about his encounter with you guys mom how did you guys react??
Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by Nobody: 7:48pm On Aug 16, 2020
lomprico:
Nation of hypocrites!

no Nigerian is going to heaven that is if there is one.
For sure!
Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by labelle123(f): 8:06pm On Aug 16, 2020
ennecco:
Good Christian should Always read thé words of GOD .and lieve a satification life that lead to ENTERNITY life .
. C'est pas tous ici qui comprennent la langue
Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by perpeling22(f): 9:12pm On Aug 16, 2020
Possiblegee:
when your uncle told you about his encounter with you guys mom how did you guys react??
He did not even tell anybody. He went straight to his house and told his wife who happens to be my sec. School friend. It was when I went there in the morning that the wife told me. Omo! I shouted! And I began to cry. I don't even know whether to call it cry of joy or whatever... That was how others started narrating the state the saw her in there dream. One thing I know is that, she is truly resting in peace.

1 Like

Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by Nobody: 9:47pm On Aug 16, 2020
perpeling22:

He did not even tell anybody. He went straight to his house and told his wife who happens to be my sec. School friend. It was when I went there in the morning that the wife told me. Omo! I shouted! And I began to cry. I don't even know whether to call it cry of joy or whatever... That was how others started narrating the state the saw her in there dream. One thing I know is that, she is truly resting in peace.
so can one truly ascertain that she’s in heaven now ...she only said that she’s happy where she is not that she’s in heaven and that you guys should live in peace ✌️

1 Like

Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by perpeling22(f): 10:49pm On Aug 16, 2020
Possiblegee:
so can one truly ascertain that she’s in heaven now ...she only said that she’s happy where she is not that she’s in heaven and that you guys should live in peace ✌️

Two things are involved after life here on earth. Either you are happy or sad. And you should know the meaning of either of those words. You can never be in hell and be happy. How many people have gone and have the privilege to tell about their life after. One thing is sure, wherever she is,whether heaven or else where, she is happy and comfortable. Someone in this group once said he saw his dead father crying and people where trying to read different meaning to it.
One thing is important, there is life after death.
I know she can never be in hell going by the life she lived. But we as human will continue to pray for her peaceful rest
Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by sunshineV(f): 11:06pm On Aug 16, 2020
perpeling22:

wait! what?
Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by perpeling22(f): 11:21pm On Aug 16, 2020
sunshineV:
wait! what?

Are you surprised?
Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by sunshineV(f): 11:27pm On Aug 16, 2020
perpeling22:

Are you surprised?
it sounds like a movie could also b ur broda mind was playing tricks with him
Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by Nobody: 11:55pm On Aug 16, 2020
perpeling22:

Two things are involved after life here on earth. Either you are happy or sad. And you should know the meaning of either of those words. You can never be in hell and be happy. How many people have gone and have the privilege to tell about their life after. One thing is sure, wherever she is,whether heaven or else where, she is happy and comfortable. Someone in this group once said he saw his dead father crying and people where trying to read different meaning to it.
One thing is important, there is life after death.
I know she can never be in hell going by the life she lived. But we as human will continue to pray for her peaceful rest
for sure she’s resting well with what you have told me so far...did you know that there is a special way now to bring back the dead to come and work for someone all they need is the cloth the dead body wore to the mortuary according to what I heard if that is done to the dead the dead body would be working tirelessly for years which means He’s unhappy and not resting in peace like others and we can’t call such place where he’s working hell ....sometimes I ask myself why did God even create me when I hear stuffs like this ....tell you the truth I wish I never existed on this earth ✌️
Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by bptc10: 12:34am On Aug 17, 2020
My friend stop deceiving yourself, going to church can never take you to heaven
FarmTech:

I'm not taking any scripture out of context. It is a simple idea to grab but u just want to make it complicated.
Making heaven is actually a gift of God. It is not by works, least anyone shud boast. If u have this gift, u won't be selfish. U must relate with fellow Christians and have a strong desire to spread the gospel.
Many churches today have fellowships where u can go and display ur gift. Don't just focus on Sunday service alone. Yea, I know that many churches today are deviating, but that won't be a reason why u shud discourage church going. We shud all change and start to do things that will help set our churches on the right path.
Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by FarmTech(m): 10:13am On Aug 17, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

Making heaven is not a gift.

It is a choice.

The gift is the Way which is Jesus Christ. Making heaven or missing it is a choice.

However, there are children of perdition. Some are destined to be lost (for example, Judas Iscariot), and others would choose to be lost (those who constantly reject Jesus Christ).

What do u make out from:
“For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” (Romans 6:23)

“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.” (Ephesians 2:8-9)
Of course, those who have this gift will automatically make the right choice to follow Christ and live like Him.
Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by FarmTech(m): 10:28am On Aug 17, 2020
bptc10:
My friend stop deceiving yourself, going to church can never take you to heaven
Going to church will HELP you make heaven. Staying at home is more likely to make u spiritually weak. That's one way Satan will use to get u.
Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by BluntTheApostle(m): 1:03pm On Aug 17, 2020
FarmTech:

What do u make out from:
“For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” (Romans 6:23)

“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.” (Ephesians 2:8-9)
Of course, those who have this gift will automatically make the right choice to follow Christ and live like Him.

So, who are those who don't have this gift?

It appears like you believe that Christ only died for some specific people.
Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by perpeling22(f): 1:14pm On Aug 17, 2020
Possiblegee:
for sure she’s resting well with what you have told me so far...did you know that there is a special way now to bring back the dead to come and work for someone all they need is the cloth the dead body wore to the mortuary according to what I heard if that is done to the dead the dead body would be working tirelessly for years which means He’s unhappy and not resting in peace like others and we can’t call such place where he’s working hell ....sometimes I ask myself why did God even create me when I hear stuffs like this ....tell you the truth I wish I never existed on this earth ✌️

Hmmm! I have also heard about that and I don't know how true it is and I don't even which to know. I always tell people, try and do well cos there is another life after this whether heaven or hell. We should just try and do good so that if we die, our soul will find rest. One thing you should know, You Are Born for A Purpose. Don't regret about you'd existence!
Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by perpeling22(f): 1:18pm On Aug 17, 2020
sunshineV:
it sounds like a movie could also b ur broda mind was playing tricks with him

My dear, it was real. When people died, They are still within the environment for some time

1 Like

Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by Makschinchin: 10:17pm On Aug 17, 2020
IvarTheBoneless:
angry

The moment I hear TITHE....

I am outta there tongue

Shey tithe don turn to coro
Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by Makschinchin: 10:19pm On Aug 17, 2020
lomprico:
Nation of hypocrites!

no Nigerian is going to heaven that is if there is one.

Shebi you are Heaven's gatekeeper abi book of life recorder

Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by Makschinchin: 10:20pm On Aug 17, 2020
ZINIBANKS:
We've overate everything here
White people don't take it too serious the way we handle it here, yet look at their lives it's far more better than ours

Like play like play, Satan go dey use this your kind thinking draw you away from Christ
Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by Makschinchin: 10:21pm On Aug 17, 2020
FrLukas:
Best to stay at home and pray to God who is everywhere.

That way, you will save transportation money, offering money, tithe money, seed-sowing money, church development money, yearly contribution money, and still make it to heaven in good time.

The economy in the country should teach Christians to be wise.

Your pastor won't lead you to heaven. Only you can.

Your own Christianity na selfish Christianity... Come out of that nonsense talk
Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by Nobody: 10:40pm On Aug 17, 2020
Makschinchin:

Like play like play, Satan go dey use this your kind thinking draw you away from Christ
So what are you saying their devil right
You've forgotten that the same Jesus you call is the same they also call
Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by FarmTech(m): 10:59pm On Aug 17, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

So, who are those who don't have this gift?

It appears like you believe that Christ only died for some specific people.

Christ died for all. But rev made us know that many will finally end up in hell. Those are the people that don't have the gift - because they rejected Christ's offer and from the beginning, God already know them.
Eph 1:4 Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes.
Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by Kobojunkie: 11:05pm On Aug 17, 2020
blessedchild234:
Some people will say that the church is in the heart but we can't relinquish the fact that things around and about us actually affects the way we should live as Christians so therefore we should at all times look forward to congregation of brethren that edify the body of Christ collectively, through the words through deeds through our communications.
so because things around and about uss actually affects the way we should live as Christians, we should at all times look forward to congregation of brethren? That doesn't make any sense at all
I mean you have not given any sane reason for why you feel everyone should be in church.
Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by BluntTheApostle(m): 9:37am On Aug 18, 2020
FarmTech:

Christ died for all. But rev made us know that many will finally end up in hell. Those are the people that don't have the gift - because they rejected Christ's offer and from the beginning, God already know them.

[Eph 1:4 Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes.

Who were the us that Paul was referring to in Ephesians 1:4?

It was the Israelites.

Jacob (who became Israel) had been marked even before He was formed. God's pact with Jacob (Israel) was a continuation of the covenant with Abraham. When the children of Israel became headstrong, God sent Jesus Christ after them.

Then Jesus said to the woman, “I was sent only to help God’s lost sheep—the people of Israel.” (Matthew 15:24)

Only the Jews were originally chosen to be saved. Gentiles (you and I) were never predestined to be saved. But then, Jesus Christ chose Paul to be the Apostle to the Gentiles (you and I) so that we can enjoy in this offering of Salvation.

And now you Gentiles have also heard the truth, the Good News that God saves you. And when you believed in Christ, he identified you as his own by giving you the Holy Spirit, whom he promised long ago. (Ephesians 1:13)

Now, is Salvation a gift? Yes, it is.

When Adam sinned, man became doomed. Hell became our default destination. But because of the love of God (and not our good works), He gave us redemption by sending His only Son to die.

That is what we refer to as grace. And that is a gift because we didn't get it because we were good. We got it on a platter of gold.

There is a difference between gift and reward.

Now, we have been gifted with Eternal Life through the Death and Resurrection of Jesus Christ (the Gospel of Salvation).

But making Heaven will be a reward for believing in Christ.

...that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. (John 3:16)

So, we have the gift of God's endless love, but no one is guaranteed Heaven simply ordinarily by the Gospel of Salvation. Making Heaven is not that easy. It is filled with tribulations and challenges.

Narrow is the gate that leads to life...

In summary, making heaven is not a gift. However, the Gospel of Salvation is a gift. All we need to avail ourselves of the Eternal Life that comes with this Gospel is to sincerely believe in this Gospel.
Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by FarmTech(m): 9:48pm On Aug 18, 2020
perpeling22:

Hmmm! I have also heard about that and I don't know how true it is and I don't even which to know. I always tell people, try and do well cos there is another life after this whether heaven or hell. We should just try and do good so that if we die, our soul will find rest. One thing you should know, You Are Born for A Purpose. Don't regret about you'd existence!
The bible is totally against such practice. It is part of witch craft.
Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by Kobojunkie: 10:00pm On Aug 18, 2020
johnoj24:
The whites are not our standard as a Christian, get that into your head. Jesus Christ is our standard.

Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by Kobojunkie: 10:01pm On Aug 18, 2020
Timfreds:
The type of Church you attend determine the type of Christian you will be. Many Christians are confused today because they are attending confused churches. We need the Lord's leading on the church to attend as a believer.
He never told you to attend any church so you are on your own as far as wanting to go to church.

Re: Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend by FarmTech(m): 10:11pm On Aug 18, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

Who were the us that Paul was referring to in Ephesians 1:4?

It was the Israelites.

Jacob (who became Israel) had been marked even before He was formed. God's pact with Jacob (Israel) was a continuation of the covenant with Abraham. When the children of Israel became headstrong, God sent Jesus Christ after them.

Then Jesus said to the woman, “I was sent only to help God’s lost sheep—the people of Israel.” (Matthew 15:24)

Only the Jews were originally chosen to be saved. Gentiles (you and I) were never predestined to be saved. But then, Jesus Christ chose Paul to be the Apostle to the Gentiles (you and I) so that we can enjoy in this offering of Salvation.

And now you Gentiles have also heard the truth, the Good News that God saves you. And when you believed in Christ, he identified you as his own by giving you the Holy Spirit, whom he promised long ago. (Ephesians 1:13)

Now, is Salvation a gift? Yes, it is.

When Adam sinned, man became doomed. Hell became our default destination. But because of the love of God (and not our good works), He gave us redemption by sending His only Son to die.

That is what we refer to as grace. And that is a gift because we didn't get it because we were good. We got it on a platter of gold.

There is a difference between gift and reward.

Now, we have been gifted with Eternal Life through the Death and Resurrection of Jesus Christ (the Gospel of Salvation).

But making Heaven will be a reward for believing in Christ.

...that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. (John 3:16)

So, we have the gift of God's endless love, but no one is guaranteed Heaven simply ordinarily by the Gospel of Salvation. Making Heaven is not that easy. It is filled with tribulations and challenges.

Narrow is the gate that leads to life...

In summary, making heaven is not a gift. However, the Gospel of Salvation is a gift. All we need to avail ourselves of the Eternal Life that comes with this Gospel is to sincerely believe in this Gospel.

.[Eph 1:4 Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes.
The "us" here refers to all Christians. By the way, Ephesians were not Israelites but gentiles.
From the ff passages, I'll see that both Jews and gentiles were predestined.
Genesis 22:18
And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.
Galatians 3:16
Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.
Galatians 3:14
Through Christ Jesus, God has blessed the Gentiles with the same blessing he promised to Abraham, so that we who are believers might receive the promised Holy Spirit through faith.
So from the creation of the world, both Jews and gentiles have been predestined.
Also see:
Acts 13:48
When the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and honored the word of the Lord; and all who were appointed for eternal life believed.
John 6:44
44 “No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them, and I will raise them up at the last day.
Revelation 13:8
8 All inhabitants of the earth will worship the beast—all whose names have not been written in the Lamb’s book of life, the Lamb who was slain from the creation of the world.
Ephesians 1:11
11 In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will,
Romans 8:33
33 Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies.
Ephesians 2:8-9
8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.
Ephesians 1:4-5
4 For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love 5 he predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will—
Romans 8:28-30
28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. 29 For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. 30 And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God / What To Do When You Find It Difficult To Forgive Someone / Matter And Mind

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.