Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

Anambra 2021: PDP Dumps Zoning Formula - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra 2021: PDP Dumps Zoning Formula (16536 Views)

Presidency: Obi’s Camp Protests As PDP Dumps Zoning, Begins Screening Friday / PDP Dumps Plans To Seek Review Of Supreme Court Judgments / Adams Jagaba Defects To PDP, Dumps APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra 2021: PDP Dumps Zoning Formula by Nobody: 9:00am On Aug 16, 2020
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) disclosed on Friday that it would not adopt the zoning formula in deciding its candidate for the 2021 Anambra State election governorship election

The party said it would pay attention to the question of how to produce a credible candidate for the election even as it declared that Ndubuisi Nwobu is its chairman in the state.

At a press briefing in Abuja presided over by its national publicity secretary, Kola Ologbondiyan, the PDP warned that it would sanction members who resort to litigation.

Ologbondiyan said the resolution of the party against zoning was sequel to a resolution by party stakeholders in Anambra State and the South-east region last Month.

Also speaking at the press briefing, the PDP national vice-chairman, Austin Umahi, said “On the issue of litigation, we said it clearly that anyone that deviates from the decision of the National Working Committee is going to be sanctioned because we must have to instil discipline for this party to move forward.

“I have to tell you, Anambra State as a state is very cardinal in the South East and we don’t want to joke with this election.

“I want to Anambra State as a zonal chairman that is going to the government house not to go and visit somebody’s house, I want to be entering government house and we are going to do it,” he said.

However, the resolution of the South-east PDP, dated July 3, 2020, read, “The Zonal Working Committee of our Party states in very clear terms its resolve to ensure that our Party wins the 2021 Governorship Election in Anambra State.

“While reiterating that the PDP is not Zoning the Governorship, we wish to commend all the Gubernatorial Aspirants of our Party in Anambra State, for their matured politicking, we bring them the assurances of our National Chairman of a level playing field and the conduct of a most transparent primary.

“We call on all Party faithful, as a demonstration of loyalty to the Party, to withdraw forthwith all matters in the court, and avail themselves of internal conflict resolution mechanism, as we assure them that all complaints shall be adequately attended to timeously by the South-East Zonal Leadership,” the communique said.
https://m.guardian.ng/news/anambra-2021-pdp-dumps-zoning-formula/

4 Likes

Re: Anambra 2021: PDP Dumps Zoning Formula by Nobody: 9:00am On Aug 16, 2020
On a serious note, PDP shouldn't waste their money and resources coming to contest Governorship election in anambra because I doubt if they will still retain their 4th position as they did last election...

The election is purely between APGA, APC and YPP.

PDP should stop wasting their time and energy and channel it to something better.

This is nearly 15 years of no pdp rule in anambra state and they are not coming back....

APC, YPP and APGA are the main focus on the election not even PDP.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anambra 2021: PDP Dumps Zoning Formula by Kriss216: 9:05am On Aug 16, 2020
We call on all Party faithful, as a demonstration of loyalty to the Party, to withdraw forthwith all matters in the court, and avail themselves of internal conflict resolution mechanism, as we assure them that all complaints shall be adequately attended to timeously by the South-East Zonal Leadership,” the communique said.

APC would have threatened their members to withdraw the court cases or face the consequences.
Party of the mad.

PDP
The people's Party.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Anambra 2021: PDP Dumps Zoning Formula by Simplyleo: 9:05am On Aug 16, 2020
MelesZenawi:
On a serious note, PDP shouldn't waste their money and resources coming to contest Governorship election in anambra because I doubt if they will still retain their 4th position as they did last election...

PDP should stop wasting their time and energy and channel it to something better.

This is nearly 15 years of no pdp rule in anambra state and they are not coming back....

Take it easy, no be fight.

You don't have to fight over everything. cool

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra 2021: PDP Dumps Zoning Formula by ORIENTATION101: 9:08am On Aug 16, 2020
PDP should go and sit down The election is between APC and APGA.

APC stands chance with current internal wranglings in Apga

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Anambra 2021: PDP Dumps Zoning Formula by JeffreyD1(m): 9:09am On Aug 16, 2020
APGA can't be defeated in Anambra

12 Likes

Re: Anambra 2021: PDP Dumps Zoning Formula by Kriss216: 9:12am On Aug 16, 2020
MelesZenawi:

APC in Anambra

Hangover dey do you. angry

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anambra 2021: PDP Dumps Zoning Formula by Nobody: 9:15am On Aug 16, 2020
Kriss216:
APC in Anambra
Hangover dey do you. angry

Not everyone have time for una sentiment.
As at today APC is on rise in anambra state.

23 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Anambra 2021: PDP Dumps Zoning Formula by Kriss216: 9:20am On Aug 16, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Not everyone have time for una sentiment.

As at today APC is on rise in anambra state.
Lol
You must be a comedian. grin grin

I'll advice you hook with Speed Darlington for more tutorials on comics

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra 2021: PDP Dumps Zoning Formula by Nobody: 9:22am On Aug 16, 2020
Kriss216:

Lol
You must be a comedian. grin grin

I'll advice you hook with Speed Darlington for more tutorials on comics

Mr face your state...

You are not the one to decide for ndi Anambra.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anambra 2021: PDP Dumps Zoning Formula by ThatFairGuy: 9:22am On Aug 16, 2020
Kriss216:

APC would have threatened their members to withdraw the court cases or face the consequences.
Party of the mad.

PDP
The people's Party.
Why does APC always give you sleepless nights

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anambra 2021: PDP Dumps Zoning Formula by Kriss216: 9:24am On Aug 16, 2020
ThatFairGuy:

Why does APC always give you sleepless nights
I rather have sleepless night over a Nigerian girl than to have sleepless night over mad people's Party.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra 2021: PDP Dumps Zoning Formula by ThatFairGuy: 9:29am On Aug 16, 2020
Kriss216:

I rather have sleepless night over a Nigerian girl than to have sleepless night over mad people's Party.
Nigerian girls? So inferiority complex is still part of your problems?
Meanwhile, I feel your pains grin

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anambra 2021: PDP Dumps Zoning Formula by Kriss216: 9:32am On Aug 16, 2020
ThatFairGuy:

Nigerian girls? So inferiority complex is still part of your problems?
Meanwhile, I feel your pains grin
Nonsense talk.

I got no pains, bro.

6 Likes

Re: Anambra 2021: PDP Dumps Zoning Formula by yanabasee1(m): 10:21am On Aug 16, 2020
Zoning pattern is healthy at this moment because we have local government areas and different tribes.

But if PDP must abandoned it's zoning pattern, it'll cause trouble within the party.

Their reason is unchecked and should be understudy with councillorship and chairmanship. Not with Gubernatorial.

1 Like

Re: Anambra 2021: PDP Dumps Zoning Formula by Wigetsolar: 12:05pm On Aug 16, 2020
Hmm. Na be Soludo people time to be Governor (as per zoning)?

1 Like

Re: Anambra 2021: PDP Dumps Zoning Formula by Slawormir: 12:05pm On Aug 16, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Anambra 2021: PDP Dumps Zoning Formula by CYBERWEAVER(m): 12:05pm On Aug 16, 2020
Igbo my people
Re: Anambra 2021: PDP Dumps Zoning Formula by Queenlovely(f): 12:06pm On Aug 16, 2020
queenlovely

1 Like

Re: Anambra 2021: PDP Dumps Zoning Formula by Siddeek: 12:09pm On Aug 16, 2020
Why would they do that? Hope same would not be applicable at the national level to deny igbo presidency slot.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra 2021: PDP Dumps Zoning Formula by Nelly4you: 12:09pm On Aug 16, 2020
Political matters sef don tire me
Re: Anambra 2021: PDP Dumps Zoning Formula by OPPPS: 12:10pm On Aug 16, 2020
This is another avenue for the SE to lobby APC for their presidential ticket comes 2023. Deliver
Anambra Govship election to the APC in 2021 and get the APC presidential ticket comes 2023

1 Like

Re: Anambra 2021: PDP Dumps Zoning Formula by SmartPolician: 12:11pm On Aug 16, 2020
Next Anambra governorship election will be between Dr Maduka vs Charles Soludo

5 Likes

Re: Anambra 2021: PDP Dumps Zoning Formula by kcnwaigbo: 12:13pm On Aug 16, 2020
ORIENTATION101:
PDP should go and sit down The election is between APC and APGA.

APC stands chance with current internal wranglings in Apga
What do you know about Anambra politics? Anambrarians will rather vote in a monkey than vote for APC

9 Likes

Re: Anambra 2021: PDP Dumps Zoning Formula by kcnwaigbo: 12:13pm On Aug 16, 2020
OPPPS:
This is another avenue for the SE to lobby APC for their presidential ticket comes 2023. Deliver th
Anambra Govship election to the APC in 2021 and get the APC presidential ticket comes 2023
grin cheesy deliver fire

2 Likes

Re: Anambra 2021: PDP Dumps Zoning Formula by jericco1(m): 12:14pm On Aug 16, 2020
PDP should put their efforts elsewhere
Re: Anambra 2021: PDP Dumps Zoning Formula by OPPPS: 12:16pm On Aug 16, 2020
kcnwaigbo:

grin cheesy deliver fire
Don't cry wolf in 2023, when the party zones its ticket to the region where they are sure of getting votes.

1 Like

Re: Anambra 2021: PDP Dumps Zoning Formula by Guyman02: 12:16pm On Aug 16, 2020
APGA remains the party of choice, last time APGA won in all 21 LGAs' they still stand a better chance for bringing sanity to the state since Peter Obi time as governor.

6 Likes

Re: Anambra 2021: PDP Dumps Zoning Formula by Ayoswit(f): 12:18pm On Aug 16, 2020
Na dem sabi undecided
Re: Anambra 2021: PDP Dumps Zoning Formula by Hndrrxxx(m): 12:18pm On Aug 16, 2020
Why this PDP just like fraud

Chaii shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Didn’t Resign, Says Imo Deputy Governor, Placid Njoku / Anyim Offers South East Best Chance For 2023 Presidency - Dr. Sam Amadi / Vocational Programme For Governors In Germany: Falana Kicks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.