Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

Interior Of Lagos Ibadan Trains Acquired By Buhari Government - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Interior Of Lagos Ibadan Trains Acquired By Buhari Government (63598 Views)

Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Interior Of The New Trains (Photos) / Photos Of New Boeing 777-300 Aircraft 'Anuli Peggy Onyema' Acquired By Air Peace / The Interior Of The Port Harcourt International Airport (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interior Of Lagos Ibadan Trains Acquired By Buhari Government by Fmghewzy(m): 11:06am On Aug 16, 2020
Most Nigerians are not wise and am not surprised,China wants to take over the world and they are slowly doing it ,slowy Nigeria will fall into their debt trap and so will other countries. I only hope they don't succeed.But plss those of you bashing Others about them being negative, think twice.
All that glitters is not gold
Nobody gives a loan , without asking for something in return
They are not Jesus Christ

3 Likes

Re: Interior Of Lagos Ibadan Trains Acquired By Buhari Government by aremuforlife(m): 11:08am On Aug 16, 2020
FrLukas:

Even though I don't agree with them, I see your points.

People still don't understand the nature of the Chinese.

Most Nigerians would probably vote that China should come and colonize them if only they can have three square meals a day.

Remember what happened recently in the east? I forget the state. Where Chinese were lording it over the Nigerians working for them.

That's pre-intimacy. And they haven't even gotten to Nigeria yet o.

Do you know that the Chinese are in various locations in Nigeria ILLEGALLY mining our resources?

Just imagine what's going to happen when Nigeria defaults payment on those loans. And if there's one thing you can be sure of, it is that Nigeria WILL default on those loans.
Every criminal activities carried out by any foreigners in Nigeria are been aided by the indigen. China have been a blessing to us and not curse. We have been collecting loan from the world bank, European union, IMF and so on but with out any meaningful project been executed
China loans for infrastructures are been handled by the givers of the loans and we are seeing the infrastructure been done, and not the one been commissioned on the paper.
This types of loans needs to be encouraged in other to turn around the deficit infrastructures in Nigeria. Most of the developed countries are in debtors, they borrowed to developed their countries and we are envy of the development in their countries but afraid of following their footsteps to developed our country.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Interior Of Lagos Ibadan Trains Acquired By Buhari Government by Nobody: 11:08am On Aug 16, 2020
joelbooks:

Stop wailing . Negative energy is dangerous to your health.

You think I'm wailing?

You'll see proper wailing when you, your kids and their own kids wear chains around their waists and ankles while working in Chinese mines many years from now.

If you are able to afford a phone then, come back to this post and reminisce.

4 Likes

Re: Interior Of Lagos Ibadan Trains Acquired By Buhari Government by Nobody: 11:27am On Aug 16, 2020
aremuforlife:

Every criminal activities carried out by any foreigners in Nigeria are been aided by the indigen. China have been a blessing to us and not curse. We have been collecting loan from the world bank, European union, IMF and so on but with out any meaningful project been executed
China loans for infrastructures are been handled by the givers of the loans and we are seeing the infrastructure been done, and not the one been commissioned on the paper.
This types of loans needs to be encouraged in other to turn around the deficit infrastructures in Nigeria. Most of the developed countries are in debtors, they borrowed to developed their countries and we are envy of the development in their countries but afraid of following their footsteps to developed our country.

Do you seriously, honestly believe that the reason the Chinese are giving you loans and building your railway is because they love you, a black man? Really?

Even if we are all deluded, shouldn't the activities of Chinese companies around Nigeria signal a red flag to us? Do you know how Chinese treat Nigerians in Nigeria?

Are you aware that there are Chinese-owned restaurants in Abuja and Lagos where Nigerians are not allowed to come in and eat? In your own country o!

Do you know that Nigerian policemen and soldiers provide security for these Chinese people and do their bidding of molesting Nigerians in Nigeria?

Are you aware that while the Chinese are bringing you train with their right hand, their nationals are illegally mining gold and other ores from your soil, destroying the ecology and land with their left hand?

You say indigenes are the ones who allow them. Does that make it right? Should our unborn kids suffer slavery again because of the greed if some local chiefs?

You keep talking about other Western countries being in debt.

Are you seriously comparing Nigeria's abysmal level of accountability to that of the least of the developed western nation?

Have you taken the loan agreement signed by America and the one signed by your Nigerian government side by side to compare? Are they the same? Are the concessions given should there be a default in payment the same?

Even if there were similar, do you really trust your politicians to actually not default on payment?

Do you know what else they've bartered for these loans?

After all we only know what they've told us. And since when did we trust Naija politicians to tell us the truth.

The only time the truth comes out is accidentally or if they were caught in the act.

Have you asked yourself what China's interest is in Africa?

See the way Chinese people treat Africans both in China and in Africa. Then ask yourself, do you think the Chinese love Africans so much as to pump money to develop their African countries?

Do you think having a few trains crisscrossing from one region of Nigeria to another signifies development?

Probably the same way our ancestors saw the mirrors and bicycles and thought they were magical objects.

I have always said it. Don't trust the Chinese. There's no free meal anywhere in the world, (wasn't going to add this, but...what the heck) not even in Freetown.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Interior Of Lagos Ibadan Trains Acquired By Buhari Government by LukasPodolski: 12:12pm On Aug 16, 2020
yanabasee1:

There's nothing to source....China have taken over one Zambia already......over debts.

Zambia Airports and Broadcasting stations have been taken over by China as Zambian government ran out of loan options of about $6.4b
the cost of constructing this train is just $1.3b (financed through Chinese loan)

and you think 1.3 billion dollars which is less than 500billion naira is a huge sum for an oil rich Country like Nigeria?

how much did Allison Madueke stole again?

empty brains everywhere.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Interior Of Lagos Ibadan Trains Acquired By Buhari Government by yanabasee1(m): 12:22pm On Aug 16, 2020
LukasPodolski:

the cost of constructing this train is just $1.3b (financed through Chinese loan)

and you think 1.3 billion dollars which is less than 500billion naira is a huge sum for an oil rich Country like Nigeria?

how much did Allison Madueke stole again?

empty brains everywhere.

We've overtime many countries producing oil in Africa as at today.

Oil is fast losing its value. And technology is taking over the space.

Nigeria producing oil doesn't mean that they will be able to pay off the debt with the conditions of the loan.

Chinese are smart...They are going to take over Africa in no time. The moment they get hold of Nigeria, the rest of the African countries will be exploited.

I hope you'll say this when the Chinese government seize our assets and take control of the government.

4 Likes

Re: Interior Of Lagos Ibadan Trains Acquired By Buhari Government by anonimi: 12:38pm On Aug 16, 2020
yanabasee1:
Nigeria producing oil doesn't mean that they will be able to pay off the debt with the conditions of the loan.
Chinese are smart...They are going to take over Africa in no time. The moment they get hold of Nigeria, the rest of the African countries will be exploited.
I hope you'll say this when the Chinese government seize our assets and take control of the government.

This premise means that the railways and other infrastructures are not profitable, revenue-generating ventures on their own.
That is a crazy thing and complicates our situation.
We should be investing in education to create workers and researchers for value creation to pay off our debts.
Are we not in trouble already

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3633741_9jaintrouble_jpeg7d204565e27912ea7b3d41c7e31cf768

2 Likes

Re: Interior Of Lagos Ibadan Trains Acquired By Buhari Government by bankulizer: 12:40pm On Aug 16, 2020
FrLukas:
What I see in the future of Nigeria?

These same trains will be transporting Nigerian underpaid and overworked workers to Chinese mining sites across the federation.

Mark my words.

Father of Doom, na you and your family members that one go happen to. grin why are you pained?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Interior Of Lagos Ibadan Trains Acquired By Buhari Government by anonimi: 12:42pm On Aug 16, 2020
FrLukas:
Even though I don't agree with them, I see your points.
People still don't understand the nature of the Chinese.
Most Nigerians would probably vote that China should come and colonize them if only they can have three square meals a day.
Remember what happened recently in the east? I forget the state. Where Chinese were lording it over the Nigerians working for them.
That's pre-intimacy. And they haven't even gotten to Nigeria yet o.
Do you know that the Chinese are in various locations in Nigeria ILLEGALLY mining our resources?
Just imagine what's going to happen when Nigeria defaults payment on those loans. And if there's one thing you can be sure of, it is that Nigeria WILL default on those loans.

Things don't look good at all.
Bitter truth you have up there.
Is there any way we can work to save ourselves from this catastrophe

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4916464_img1218_jpeg869064c69e3965560ae57d6aeb37a7f2

2 Likes

Re: Interior Of Lagos Ibadan Trains Acquired By Buhari Government by LukasPodolski: 12:50pm On Aug 16, 2020
yanabasee1:

as at 2010 (that's over 10 years) South Africa spent over $3Billion on world cup.

how is hosting world cup beneficial to a common man in South Africa?

if SA whose economy isn't bigger than ours can spent such huge amount on Sport why should taking just 1.3 billion dollar loan be a big deal for Africa's biggest economy?

if by this time (21st century) we still don't have functioning rail system then something is wrong with us.

in addition China will only take over the train provided we failed to pay which to me is a win win situation for us, we ain't loosing our sovereignty to China.

a 1.3 billion dollar loan in the context of Nigeria is a very SMALL loan, instead of allowing These politicians to steal these treasuries why not do something good with it?

I mean why let Allison Madueke steal 20Billion dollars when we can do something good ?

Obasanjo spent almost 16billion dollars on power, this useless power..

why should taking 1.3billion dollars loan on this good looking train be a big deal? do you know the advantages of this train?

*easy and fast movement of people and goods.

*Lagos will decongest into Ogun and Oyo.

*Less traffic.

*attract foreign investors.

infact, we need more of these loans.

go back to page 1 and take a look at the interior of those beautiful machines.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Interior Of Lagos Ibadan Trains Acquired By Buhari Government by JAMO84: 1:04pm On Aug 16, 2020
FrLukas:
What I see in the future of Nigeria?

These same trains will be transporting Nigerian underpaid and overworked workers to Chinese mining sites across the federation.

Mark my words.
Since you can predict for the next 100 years, pls, give me the scores for man u vs Sevilla tonight, otherwise, I won't mark anything.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Interior Of Lagos Ibadan Trains Acquired By Buhari Government by aribisala0(m): 1:06pm On Aug 16, 2020
How many jobs are created in Nigeria and how many in China for every single one of those trinkets
Re: Interior Of Lagos Ibadan Trains Acquired By Buhari Government by OPPPS: 1:22pm On Aug 16, 2020
FrLukas:

You think I'm wailing?

You'll see proper wailing when you, your kids and their own kids wear chains around their waists and ankles while working in Chinese mines many years from now.

If you are able to afford a phone then, come back to this post and reminisce.
All these half baked with access to internet. Do you believe the lies you heard on social media?
Do you know the contractual agreement in the loan? Or you are being silly as usual. Your Almighty US is indebted to the sum of $27.4 Trillion

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Interior Of Lagos Ibadan Trains Acquired By Buhari Government by nairavsdollars(f): 1:25pm On Aug 16, 2020
Amaechi don hammer
Re: Interior Of Lagos Ibadan Trains Acquired By Buhari Government by jaxxy(m): 1:26pm On Aug 16, 2020
I see this and I’m screaming maintenance ooo shocked grin

We don’t know how to maintain or properly use things.

Maintenance and proper usage go hand in hand.

1 Like

Re: Interior Of Lagos Ibadan Trains Acquired By Buhari Government by Nobody: 1:27pm On Aug 16, 2020
Government has no business running a business. They should build the rails, put security along the way and enabling legislation to mandate certain goods move through rail and allow private companies to buy their trains and run it. Who is now responsible for the success or failure of this venture?
Re: Interior Of Lagos Ibadan Trains Acquired By Buhari Government by Farki: 1:27pm On Aug 16, 2020
aremuforlife:
ķ
It's worth selling to any country that will speed up the infrastructural development of Nigeria. Nigeria needs infrastructure to drive industrialisation, we need to stop this negative mindset and focus on the positive side. America is the highest debtors in the world, the great Britain has debt exceeds 100% of their GDP.

They also have a competent military, somewhat competent leaders and a culture of maintenence.

1 Like

Re: Interior Of Lagos Ibadan Trains Acquired By Buhari Government by princeade86(m): 1:28pm On Aug 16, 2020
Which one come be buhari government
Re: Interior Of Lagos Ibadan Trains Acquired By Buhari Government by Nelly4you: 1:28pm On Aug 16, 2020
Wonderful
Re: Interior Of Lagos Ibadan Trains Acquired By Buhari Government by OJURONGBE1(m): 1:29pm On Aug 16, 2020
shugabasbn:
It's nice but just worried that Nigeria generation to come will not pay China in hardest ways with the rate at which we are borrowing money.

And kudo to Buhari and especially Amaechi on this feast.
The guy Amaechi can confidently point to where the money his ministry borrowing is going to unlike other ministries especially the military and petroleum one

Nice one bro!
My reservation about this facility is our maintenance culture.
Re: Interior Of Lagos Ibadan Trains Acquired By Buhari Government by rowland545(m): 1:29pm On Aug 16, 2020
aremuforlife:
ķ
It's worth selling to any country that will speed up the infrastructural development of Nigeria. Nigeria needs infrastructure to drive industrialisation, we need to stop this negative mindset and focus on the positive side. America is the highest debtors in the world, the great Britain has debt exceeds 100% of their GDP.
tell that to Zambia....

Most of u guys don't know y america and Britain or whoever dept is better that Nigerians own...have u seen the conditions on the loan??

One day mana and him zombie crew go day grill frog and chicken for the Chinese very soon

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Interior Of Lagos Ibadan Trains Acquired By Buhari Government by Nobody: 1:30pm On Aug 16, 2020
[quote author=FrLukas post=92874197][/quote]wickedness grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Interior Of Lagos Ibadan Trains Acquired By Buhari Government by manikspears: 1:31pm On Aug 16, 2020
FrLukas:
Is this worth selling Nigeria to China for?

They give us shiny things and they take our land.

Power move.

This kinda reminds of when the Europeans first came and they brought mirrors and gin and Bibles, gave them to us and took everything...including our psyche as a people.

Today, the ripple effect is very evident.

Maybe by the time China is done with us, our official language will be Chinese and our children's children will learn to speak and write Chinese characters before they even learn their own mother tongue.

To add to your point;when slavery first started, people were being exchanged for mirrors.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Interior Of Lagos Ibadan Trains Acquired By Buhari Government by Centcanada: 1:31pm On Aug 16, 2020
All these are lies. This government is good in telling lies. Nothing but lies all the day. Is their hubby.

1 Like

Re: Interior Of Lagos Ibadan Trains Acquired By Buhari Government by subcbouy: 1:31pm On Aug 16, 2020
kingvick09:
NA MAINTAINANCE BE THE KOKO O
Even if it won't turn to tomato carriage.
Re: Interior Of Lagos Ibadan Trains Acquired By Buhari Government by lereinter(m): 1:32pm On Aug 16, 2020
When the buhari ( devil) gives you a cap, in return he collects your head.

Be weary of the devil's gift.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Interior Of Lagos Ibadan Trains Acquired By Buhari Government by kenodrill: 1:32pm On Aug 16, 2020
FrLukas:
Is this worth selling Nigeria to China for?

They give us shiny things and they take our land.

Power move.

This kinda reminds of when the Europeans first came and they brought mirrors and gin and Bibles, gave them to us and took everything...including our psyche as a people.

Today, the ripple effect is very evident.

Maybe by the time China is done with us, our official language will be Chinese and our children's children will learn to speak and write Chinese characters before they even learn their own mother tongue.

Mumu no one sold Nigeria to China.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Interior Of Lagos Ibadan Trains Acquired By Buhari Government by Centcanada: 1:32pm On Aug 16, 2020
The only thing about this government Is lies. All they do is nothing but lies, that I want they use in confusing the youth just to deceive them and cover up it their evil deeds every day.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Interior Of Lagos Ibadan Trains Acquired By Buhari Government by Nobody: 1:33pm On Aug 16, 2020
[quote author=FrLukas post=92874469][/quote]lukas you go kill person ooo grin angry grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Interior Of Lagos Ibadan Trains Acquired By Buhari Government by jaggabban: 1:33pm On Aug 16, 2020
OMG ooo! Nigeria and maintenance culture ooo.
God I put u in charge.

1 Like

Re: Interior Of Lagos Ibadan Trains Acquired By Buhari Government by ManexEsq(m): 1:35pm On Aug 16, 2020
nuban07:
That's beautiful, let's see the picture again after two years
optimism should be the key word

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Day A Plane's Window Blew Out During Flight And Sucks Pilot Out / See The Official Cost Of A Nigerian Passport / VIO Uses Robot To Control Traffic In Abuja, Drivers Obey (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.