Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

Interior Of Lagos Ibadan Trains Acquired By Buhari Government - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Interior Of Lagos Ibadan Trains Acquired By Buhari Government (63597 Views)

Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Interior Of The New Trains (Photos) / Photos Of New Boeing 777-300 Aircraft 'Anuli Peggy Onyema' Acquired By Air Peace / The Interior Of The Port Harcourt International Airport (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interior Of Lagos Ibadan Trains Acquired By Buhari Government by foreshore(m): 3:52pm On Aug 16, 2020
shugabasbn:
It's nice but just worried that Nigeria generation to come will not pay China in hardest ways with the rate at which we are borrowing money.

And kudo to Buhari and especially Amaechi on this feast.
The guy Amaechi can confidently point to where the money his ministry borrowing is going to unlike other ministries especially the military and petroleum one

All this old relics called train that our corrupt politicians went to procure. NIgerian's deserve better like this one

Re: Interior Of Lagos Ibadan Trains Acquired By Buhari Government by earnit1: 4:03pm On Aug 16, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Interior Of Lagos Ibadan Trains Acquired By Buhari Government by ORIENTATION101: 4:07pm On Aug 16, 2020
FrLukas:

As long as the profits are not misappropriated.

Why do you think China is targeting African countries?

I think we have concluded this discussion.

C'est finis.
conspiracy theory has eaten to this one brain
There re 100s of resources in Nigeria lying redundantly than can pay off that little China debt.
Nigeria is not even in the top 50 countries with highest debt.
For the fact that the project is self servicing , I will even prefer China company take over the rail to recoup their money and maintain it then handover to Nigeria government.
Just like the way private companies maintain toll roads before handing over to the govt.

1 Like

Re: Interior Of Lagos Ibadan Trains Acquired By Buhari Government by Nobody: 4:17pm On Aug 16, 2020
[s]
ORIENTATION101:
conspiracy theory has eaten to this one brain
There re 100s of resources in Nigeria lying redundantly than can pay off that little China debt.
Nigeria is not even in the top 50 countries with highest debt.
For the fact that the project is self servicing , I will even prefer China company take over the rail to recoup their money and maintain it then handover to Nigeria government.
Just like the way private companies maintain toll roads before handing over to the govt.
[/s]

Be civil if you want me to read that.
Re: Interior Of Lagos Ibadan Trains Acquired By Buhari Government by Nobody: 4:17pm On Aug 16, 2020
The Chinese can never change.

Watch how they treat Kenyans in Kenya.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ba_7Zkoa5nY
Re: Interior Of Lagos Ibadan Trains Acquired By Buhari Government by Bahamas95(m): 4:24pm On Aug 16, 2020
By Buhari government? Must you put it that way?

Re: Interior Of Lagos Ibadan Trains Acquired By Buhari Government by RichBoy247: 4:35pm On Aug 16, 2020
FrLukas:
Is this worth selling Nigeria to China for?

They give us shiny things and they take our land.

Power move.

This kinda reminds of when the Europeans first came and they brought mirrors and gin and Bibles, gave them to us and took everything...including our psyche as a people.

Today, the ripple effect is very evident.

Maybe by the time China is done with us, our official language will be Chinese and our children's children will learn to speak and write Chinese characters before they even learn their own mother tongue.

British and America came, they too our land, took our language and force us to speak their language. What did they give us in return? If China is giving us Railways, Airports, Power Plants and they force us to speak Chinesse, I thi nk it is worth it.

2 Likes

Re: Interior Of Lagos Ibadan Trains Acquired By Buhari Government by greypencils: 4:37pm On Aug 16, 2020
aremuforlife:

Every criminal activities carried out by any foreigners in Nigeria are been aided by the indigen. China have been a blessing to us and not curse. We have been collecting loan from the world bank, European union, IMF and so on but with out any meaningful project been executed
China loans for infrastructures are been handled by the givers of the loans and we are seeing the infrastructure been done, and not the one been commissioned on the paper.
This types of loans needs to be encouraged in other to turn around the deficit infrastructures in Nigeria. Most of the developed countries are in debtors, they borrowed to developed their countries and we are envy of the development in their countries but afraid of following their footsteps to developed our country.
It is better to be debtors to the World bank, the IMF and rest of the world than to China. The rest of the world can allow debts to be cancelled, not China. We are a nation than don't want to cut expenses so as to increase savings, we are nation that don't want to sacrifice anything, rather, we just want to collect and collect. China won't give a free loan anywhere. They are coming to collect back their money whether you like it or not. With the rate of rot in Nigeria, do you think we can pay back that loan? That guy is saying the bloody truth but y'all don't wanna listen. In case you don't know the devaluation of Nigeria's currency started with an IMF loan in 1986. One should learn from history.

1 Like

Re: Interior Of Lagos Ibadan Trains Acquired By Buhari Government by Nobody: 4:43pm On Aug 16, 2020
RichBoy247:

British and America came, they too our land, took our language and force us to speak their language. What did they give us in return? If China is giving us Railways, Airports, Power Plants and they force us to speak Chinesse, I thi nk it is worth it.

Ok, if you say so.

Just remember your post when you or future generations of Nigerians have coloured section in the bus, in the train, in the church, in schools, at the theater.

I hope you remember this conversation when you as a Nigerian are banned from entering restaurants, gaining admission into some high brow schools, prevented from living in Chinese-only highbrow residential areas.

You think it is impossible?

Go and read about Zambia, the first Chinese colony on the African soil.

I won't say more than that.

Till today, Americans are still battling racial profiling and discrimination.

The Chinese colonization of Africa will be brutal. And the US won't be able to stop them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Interior Of Lagos Ibadan Trains Acquired By Buhari Government by jubrilELsudan: 4:45pm On Aug 16, 2020
NICE. WE SURE WILL BE ABLE TO FVCK INSIDE IT.

THERE'S SO MUCH ROOM FOR LOTS OF ACTIVITIES AND SHOOTING OUR HOT CUM IN HER MOUTH.

Re: Interior Of Lagos Ibadan Trains Acquired By Buhari Government by greypencils: 4:56pm On Aug 16, 2020
anigbajumo:

The best and only way to boost industrialization in Nigeria is by through (BOT) but I don't know the reason why FG is not banking on that. The next option is by through Chinese loan and obviously it's working out perfectly. We av tool loan from EU, AFDB and IMF we couldn't see the dividends of these loan in our country, are we going to continue like these??

Some of you here don't realises that Chinese loan is at low interest and give u a decade or two decades to pay, just Google search and check it. When we av stable power supply then functioning transportation system with adequate security then we can say our future is secured because it will boost inflow of investors and automatically drive in industrialization...
Your problem, thinking Nigeria would still be relevant for her oil in a decade or two. We have refused to diversify the economy and we are suffering from it now.

1 Like

Re: Interior Of Lagos Ibadan Trains Acquired By Buhari Government by codemaniacs: 4:56pm On Aug 16, 2020
zz
Re: Interior Of Lagos Ibadan Trains Acquired By Buhari Government by Nobody: 4:58pm On Aug 16, 2020
codemaniacs:

so you're even a french agent shocked shocked shocked shocked

If only you know how much I detest the French.
Re: Interior Of Lagos Ibadan Trains Acquired By Buhari Government by anonymous1759(m): 5:02pm On Aug 16, 2020
FrLukas:

How will the train projects help you repay the loans?

Educate me.

It'll help transport humans and goods that's real money. Transportation is lucrative business any where in the world. The only thing I'm scared of mismanagement.

1 Like

Re: Interior Of Lagos Ibadan Trains Acquired By Buhari Government by Nobody: 5:10pm On Aug 16, 2020
anonymous1759:

It'll help transport humans and goods that's real money. Transportation is lucrative business any where in the world. The only thing I'm scared of mismanagement.

If we had managed our oil revenue properly, we won't be turning to China today for loans.

Tell me, how are we going to manage the income from trains well?

When oil can't change Nigeria positively is that when the money realized from trains will pay for anything tangible?

Or will the money realized from trains be greater than oil wealth?

Is the US getting richer from its trains?

Is Dubai relying on the money from its metro stations?

Yes, there's money in transportation business but it will disappear into the pockets that our oil money has also gone into.
Re: Interior Of Lagos Ibadan Trains Acquired By Buhari Government by showafrica(m): 5:11pm On Aug 16, 2020
nuban07:
That's beautiful, let's see the picture again after two years

Lol, 2yrs is too much.. Instead of Nigeria to fix basic amenities first they are jumping over the top just to register an achievement.
Re: Interior Of Lagos Ibadan Trains Acquired By Buhari Government by Alexpetra: 5:18pm On Aug 16, 2020
yanabasee1:

There's nothing to source....China have taken over one Zambia already......over debts.

Zambia Airports and Broadcasting stations have been taken over by China as Zambian government ran out of loan options of about $6.4b
so you think because China have Zambia airport and broadcasting station they will take over Nigeria ?? ok if it will happen sef for how much do you think will be too much for us to pay back because our economy will stop, and all the projects that the loan was used for are not functioning na una type dey collect grooming money dey throw party with it.

1 Like

Re: Interior Of Lagos Ibadan Trains Acquired By Buhari Government by codemaniacs: 5:20pm On Aug 16, 2020
zz
Re: Interior Of Lagos Ibadan Trains Acquired By Buhari Government by FireKing: 5:22pm On Aug 16, 2020
See the way Chinese government they use us dey shine base on the way our government take sell our future giv them
joelbooks:
Interior of Lagos Ibadan TRAINS acquired by Buhari Govt
https://mobile.twitter.com/DeeOneAyekooto/status/1294901517259079680

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oIzE7j6orE
Re: Interior Of Lagos Ibadan Trains Acquired By Buhari Government by Duru009(m): 5:26pm On Aug 16, 2020
God bless our President Muhammad Bihari !!
Re: Interior Of Lagos Ibadan Trains Acquired By Buhari Government by code87: 5:27pm On Aug 16, 2020
Beautiful as it is. This train can spent 2hours or more from Lagos to Ibadan.
Re: Interior Of Lagos Ibadan Trains Acquired By Buhari Government by aremuforlife(m): 5:33pm On Aug 16, 2020
[/quote][quote author=greypencils post=92887109] It is better to be debtors to the World bank, the IMF and rest of the world than to China. The rest of the world can allow debts to be cancelled, not China. We are a nation than don't want to cut expenses so as to increase savings, we are nation that don't want to sacrifice anything, rather, we just want to collect and collect. China won't give a free loan anywhere. They are coming to collect back their money whether you like it or not. With the rate of rot in Nigeria, do you think we can pay back that loan? That guy is saying the bloody truth but y'all don't wanna listen. In case you don't know the devaluation of Nigeria's currency started with an IMF loan in 1986. One should learn from history.
That is why we are not serious, we always look for freebies. We should we be looking a loan to default. A good business we have the mindset of borrowing to repay and not borrowing to default. The westerners don't want us to have these infrastructures, that is why when they discovered that the loan you collected is not well spent, they will reduced the interest or cancel the loan. It will only benefit the politicians to borrow from the west than china because china will not give out cash but the project for the loan.
Re: Interior Of Lagos Ibadan Trains Acquired By Buhari Government by anonymous1759(m): 5:35pm On Aug 16, 2020
FrLukas:

If we had managed our oil revenue properly, we won't be turning to China today for loans.

Tell me, how are we going to manage the income from trains well?

When oil can't change Nigeria positively is that when the money realized from trains will pay for anything tangible?

Or will the money realized from trains be greater than oil wealth?

Is the US getting richer from its trains?

Is Dubai relying on the money from its metro stations?

Yes, there's money in transportation business but it will disappear into the pockets that our oil money has also gone into.

An efficient transport system creates a free flowing business environment. U.K. Don't have oil USA Started exploring her oil few years ago.

A good transport system ,manufacturing industry and efficient management is a time bomb it most give birth to success.

Corruption is the problem, china giving Nigeria loans is to exploit our market because of the cordial relationship. But it's left for Nigeria to take advantage, make do of the loans effectively. Let's not blame Nigeria's incompetence on China. Aside from oil what else do we export? Foreign reserve is dead. After reviving the rail industry power and manufacturing industry will follow suit . If Nigerians are employed development will come even with corruption.

But these thiefs are scared of competition that's why they do everything possible to kill that dreams of the youths so their children will rule on us . They want the average Nigerian to be hungry so they'll be easy to buy with food during elections.
Re: Interior Of Lagos Ibadan Trains Acquired By Buhari Government by iomoge2(f): 5:41pm On Aug 16, 2020
nuban07:
That's beautiful, let's see the picture again after two years
china n fake substandard products.
Re: Interior Of Lagos Ibadan Trains Acquired By Buhari Government by anigbajumo(m): 5:45pm On Aug 16, 2020
FrLukas:

Let's just watch and see ok?

I am tired of trying to convince people that the Chinese has colonial interest in Africa whether we like to see that or not.

A simple trip to YouTube will show that the story is the same all over Africa.

South Africa just got out of apartheid not so long ago.

Now the entire African continent, south of the Sahara are about to plunge themselves into slavery again.

Do you know what the average Chinese think of you?

Google the Chinese man that was deported from Kenya for calling Kenyans monkeys.

Google racism in Kenya, where blacks are not allowed into Chinese-owned restaurants after 5pm, their trains there are driven by Chinese and when there's going to be photo-ops, they allow blacks to drive the train...only for photoshoot.

Do you know what the Chinese tells the Kenyan engineers working on the trains. "Here, wear these uniforms so that you look less like a monkey"

Is that the kind of country you want your kids to grow up in?

And need I remind you that there are over 1 billion Chinese.

Imagine them flooding Africa.

In Zambia, they have practically taken over the economy.

You even see Chinese roasting corn to sell by the side of the road.

Be careful what you wish for.

The Chinese come bearing Greek gifts.

Bro,I know all these before and I made my research and realises that they took loan from china and they default, automatically they will take over the infrastructure for some time to complete their payment, it has simple as that. See, it's only a sincere government that will run to Chinese for loan coz they will make sure the project is well executed by them only for we as a nation to be monitoring them... If the foundation is clear and their is adequate accountability I think we can pay these loan in the given time frame, they give us 10_20 yrs to pay back we av paid over $90million in a space of 3yrs out of $500million we collected in 2017 ....
Re: Interior Of Lagos Ibadan Trains Acquired By Buhari Government by olujastro: 6:05pm On Aug 16, 2020
FrLukas:

You aren't really bright. No offense.

We are saying that your rabid politicians in Africa are selling your destiny to the Chinese, then you went and typed this?

Your government released Chinese criminals illegally stealing gold from you and future generations and destroying the environment and you are here typing crap.

Please just gently move along dear.

I don't have a problem with you being nothing but a biased conspiracy theorist, my only concern is that you are miseducating the public with your conspiracies.
Where were you when PDP govt took a $500 million loan from the same Chinese to install CCTV all over Abuja?
Till date, not one camera was installed, they looted the money and now this govt has been the one repaying that terrible debt.

We're talking about an important loan for rail that Nigeria has already repaid some of it and is repaying each passing year through debt servicing in our annual budgets, and you're all over the place spitting conspiracies.
Nonsense!
Re: Interior Of Lagos Ibadan Trains Acquired By Buhari Government by bewla(m): 6:08pm On Aug 16, 2020
FrLukas:

Power move.

This kinda reminds of when the Europeans first came and they brought mirrors and gin and Bibles, gave them to us and took everything...including our psyche as a people.

Maybe by the time China is done with us, our official language will be Chinese and our children's children will learn to speak and write Chinese characters before they even learn their own mother tongue.
This remind me of the school time vernacular

1 Like

Re: Interior Of Lagos Ibadan Trains Acquired By Buhari Government by kareemkamil(m): 6:08pm On Aug 16, 2020
Nice one from Buhari
Re: Interior Of Lagos Ibadan Trains Acquired By Buhari Government by JuanDeDios: 6:15pm On Aug 16, 2020
FrLukas:

Yes I am.

Centuries ago, what you think was ordinary mirror and gin was a novelty to our forefathers.

Today, it isn't mirror and gin, it is train that is a novelty in African countries.

See how they come out to launch the trains like it's a big deal.

Same trains that the western world is about to ditch for a hyperloop. Check Dubai and see.
In a country of 200 million people with horrible roads, overpriced air tickets, and no "hyperloops", trains are a big deal and are genuinely seen as that. Personally, I'm a train enthusiast and can't wait to see a functional rail system throughout the country. The only parallel you can draw between trains and gin is novelty, not usefulness. And usefulness is what is important.
Re: Interior Of Lagos Ibadan Trains Acquired By Buhari Government by frog12: 6:35pm On Aug 16, 2020
what kind food they GO DEY serve ??

eBA, AMALA, OGBONO, ?
Re: Interior Of Lagos Ibadan Trains Acquired By Buhari Government by Gamesmart: 6:36pm On Aug 16, 2020
FrLukas:

Power move.

Which land did they take?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Day A Plane's Window Blew Out During Flight And Sucks Pilot Out / See The Official Cost Of A Nigerian Passport / VIO Uses Robot To Control Traffic In Abuja, Drivers Obey (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.