Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,699 members, 7,831,179 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

Bible Scholars Should Explain Psalms 23:5 For Me - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bible Scholars Should Explain Psalms 23:5 For Me (56894 Views)

Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. / You Anoint My Head with Oil........Psalm 23:5. (THE TRUE MEANING!) / What Is Your Pastor Ordained To Do? [isaiah 32:2, Psalms 23:1-6] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bible Scholars Should Explain Psalms 23:5 For Me by BennyDGreat: 12:44pm On Nov 19, 2023
VEHINTOLAR:

What's "current realities in this 21st century" if you care to explain ?! Look,the words of God cannot be given your own interpretations or twisted to suiit whatever you may want it to mean ! No sir,the word of God is divine and as such can't be interpreted just on a face value ! The word of God is beyond any "current realities in this 21st century;it is relevant to all seasons and time !

Trust me,you don't have to be a graduate of any theological seminary or college before you can understand that passage;any true believer knows what it means. It is that simple. If you're not a believer however,you'll never know or have an understanding of what it means ! So, the question is : are you a believer ?

He was referring to relatable examples or stories in present day to explain the scriptures
Re: Bible Scholars Should Explain Psalms 23:5 For Me by Osanoghodua1: 12:45pm On Nov 19, 2023
God prosper you on the means of your many enemies that want you dead by all means possible. Check Israel as a nation in the means of all enemies. No other nation on earth again can survive where Israel is striving.
Re: Bible Scholars Should Explain Psalms 23:5 For Me by eodavids(m): 12:52pm On Nov 19, 2023
For knowing he cited bible passage, you are a Bible scholar in your capacity
Re: Bible Scholars Should Explain Psalms 23:5 For Me by eodavids(m): 12:53pm On Nov 19, 2023
For knowing he cited bible passage, you are a Bible scholar in your own capacity
Re: Bible Scholars Should Explain Psalms 23:5 For Me by chatinent: 1:09pm On Nov 19, 2023
Why make enemies see wetin I dey chop?🤔
Re: Bible Scholars Should Explain Psalms 23:5 For Me by Michikech(m): 1:11pm On Nov 19, 2023
ArisingStorm:

(In a fun-filled interpretation)
The Most High will give your enemies chance to display their talents and skills, then, The Mighty One of Yisrael will let them know who is in charge.
Look at Joseph and His Brothers
Look at David and Saul
Look at Israel and Egypt
Look at Yahusha(which christians calls Jesus) and his enemies
Look at Daniel in the Lion's Den
Look at Paul and Silas in the prison. Etc.

Those who hate you will be clothed with shame, and the tents of the wicked shall be no more.
Iyoḇ (Job) 8:22

Anyone who follows the Torah of our Abba and surrenders their all to Him, will be loved by The Most High.

Shalom

Nice Contribution

But the name of the son of Yahweh Almighty is Yahshua.....not Yahusha. I want to believe it is topographical error.

Shalom
Re: Bible Scholars Should Explain Psalms 23:5 For Me by guywitzerogal(m): 1:26pm On Nov 19, 2023
bamvik:

thanks for your input, but please I need current realities in this 21st century
look at wike and Amaechi
Re: Bible Scholars Should Explain Psalms 23:5 For Me by Validated: 1:29pm On Nov 19, 2023
bamvik:

You are the one running, Yashua Hamasiach never changes. What He did in the 1st century, He is still doing now. Can you pray like Daniel did? Can you trust Him like Joseph, Moses, David? Do you fast and pray like Paul?
There were also citizens in Yisrael in the days of these people we have mentioned that lived like paupers, but occasionally, a Bathemous was healed. But any "woman" with faith like the woman with issue of blood receives instant healing.
Re: Bible Scholars Should Explain Psalms 23:5 For Me by Kay25(m): 1:36pm On Nov 19, 2023
bamvik:

Bat becoming president against all odds
Re: Bible Scholars Should Explain Psalms 23:5 For Me by InvertedHammer: 1:59pm On Nov 19, 2023
bamvik:
I need an illustration or an example of these passage from bible scholars.

"Psalms 23:5: "Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies"
/
Go get the Greek version of the Bible. You will then understand that the English version is a diluted and grossly misinterpreted pile of ....

/
Re: Bible Scholars Should Explain Psalms 23:5 For Me by bitbillionaire: 2:03pm On Nov 19, 2023
You guys should stop playing on our intelligence. Over 90% of what you call 'propaganda' are facts we all know about Jagaban. It's just that Nigeria is a fvcked up society that's why Tinubu is able to get away from it all.

Can you even imagine what would have been Tinubu's fate if he were president of the United States or any other advance democratic nation?

AbuTwins:
The explanation is simple!

Just look at JAGABAN coming to the last election!

We thought he won't win APC primaries but he won!

Despite Emefiele economics we thought he won't win the general elections but he won!

They called on Chukwu Okike Abiama, Eledumare, Ubanjigi and all names they could call!

His enemies even wrote letters to POTUS!

All manner of propagandas were thrown at him!

He didn't attend any school!
25% in Abuja!
Double nomination!
He is from Guinea!
He is a narcotic!
A female attended CSU!
And many more...

But the man has already been annointed with oil!

He was to be arrested before swearing in but that couldn't happen!

At tribunal he had to win as he's annointed!

Even in the presence of all his enemies he still had to win at the supreme court!

Though he walked through the valley of the shadow of death, he did fear no evil!

Romans 13:1
Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.

But Obidients still no go submit!

2 Likes

Re: Bible Scholars Should Explain Psalms 23:5 For Me by IJEYdiamond(f): 2:12pm On Nov 19, 2023
AbuTwins:
The explanation is simple!

Just look at JAGABAN coming to the last election!

We thought he won't win APC primaries but he won!

Despite Emefiele economics we thought he won't win the general elections but he won!

They called on Chukwu Okike Abiama, Eledumare, Ubanjigi and all names they could call!

His enemies even wrote letters to POTUS!

All manner of propagandas were thrown at him!

He didn't attend any school!
25% in Abuja!
Double nomination!
He is from Guinea!
He is a narcotic!
A female attended CSU!
And many more...

But the man has already been annointed with oil!

He was to be arrested before swearing in but that couldn't happen!

At tribunal he had to win as he's annointed!

Even in the presence of all his enemies he still had to win at the supreme court!

Though he walked through the valley of the shadow of death, he did fear no evil!

Romans 13:1
Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.

But Obidients still no go submit!

Jesus come and see ur pikin ooooo... chaiii🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣.... Human beings dey oooooo

1 Like

Re: Bible Scholars Should Explain Psalms 23:5 For Me by stanleychybyke(m): 2:13pm On Nov 19, 2023
He pepper dem
Re: Bible Scholars Should Explain Psalms 23:5 For Me by stanleychybyke(m): 2:14pm On Nov 19, 2023
He pepper them.... cool
Re: Bible Scholars Should Explain Psalms 23:5 For Me by ogaontop(m): 3:00pm On Nov 19, 2023
AbuTwins:

But I see no better example than that!
Upon everything that was thrown at him!
Fine, I have an important question to ask.
Is it right to give God the glory after cutting corners?
Like taking bribes to the detriment of others, killing to steal and enrich directly or indirectly, and going ahead to pay tithe from the proceeds?
NB: Paying tithe is glorifying God!
Re: Bible Scholars Should Explain Psalms 23:5 For Me by Tochj(m): 3:13pm On Nov 19, 2023
Though David was speaking from his experiences but it's more of a prophecy about the reign of Christ
At the End ,Christ will defeat all his enemies,last enemy being death then
Christ and his followers will reign supreme on Earth.
Re: Bible Scholars Should Explain Psalms 23:5 For Me by psucc(m): 3:27pm On Nov 19, 2023
bamvik:

I know what you are looking for.

It is very simple.

Israel vs Hamas
Israel vs Lebanon (Hesbollah)
Re: Bible Scholars Should Explain Psalms 23:5 For Me by Kobojunkie: 3:42pm On Nov 19, 2023
TradingGod:
■ Christ in us makes us Righteous. It is not works if not man will boast but it's a Grace which is God Gifts to mankind.
■ When you give your life to Christ you automatically received the Righteous life of Christ which automatically makes you Righteous
Although just like human life, it is expected to grow that life from infancy to adulthood and the food needed to grow this life from infancy to adulthood is by obedient to the word. The more you do the word, the more you grow and if you don't do the word, you remain stunted smiley
That is a terrible twist on the Truth of God particularly since Jesus Christ Himself NEVER said that the Key to God's Heaven is His righteousness. undecided

2. Again, Jesus Christ never said this is the case. See, you have to make up your mind as to who you believe. Jesus Christ, the man who never said what you claim, or your pastors and mogs, who teach you lies born of their ignorance of the Truth of God. undecided

3. Therein lies the contradiction to your initial claims of righteousness. One who is already righteous is already an adult and no longer needs to "grow". So, if even after you have declared yourselves righteous pretending it is all automagically granted you by Jesus Christ, why do you still need to grow as you also claim? undecided
Re: Bible Scholars Should Explain Psalms 23:5 For Me by stevenosa(m): 3:42pm On Nov 19, 2023
bamvik:

"Psalms 23:5: "Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies"

Even in the presence of your enemies, the Almighty God will still make you to prosper, excel, progress, become what He, the Almighty has destined you to be. No matter how they try, they will not succeed.
Re: Bible Scholars Should Explain Psalms 23:5 For Me by emmykk(m): 3:52pm On Nov 19, 2023
'God prepared a table before me in the present if my enemies " in 2023 can better be appreciated of you go to RockView Hotel and paid 10K for a meal.

You will see the meaning of prepare a table before me because you will be lavish with serveral assorted meal to eat from with your 10K .
You can eat serveral times but without taken the food out ,to now do this in the front of your enemies is a pure power God is putting at your disposal.

Let assume you are made a manager of a company such that those who didn't expect that or hated you now found you a leader

In essence you will have much than a enough even
Re: Bible Scholars Should Explain Psalms 23:5 For Me by Chetas81(m): 4:33pm On Nov 19, 2023
YOU'RE NOT THERE WHEN THE ZIONIST PRINT IT, NOW YOU THINK YOU CAN KNOW IT MORE THAN THE OWNER
Re: Bible Scholars Should Explain Psalms 23:5 For Me by Chetas81(m): 4:35pm On Nov 19, 2023
stevenosa:

Even in the presence of your enemies, the Almighty God will still make you to prosper, excel, progress, become what He, the Almighty has destined you to be. No matter how they try, they will not succeed.
WHAT CAN YOU SAID TO THOSE SELF ENEMIES
Re: Bible Scholars Should Explain Psalms 23:5 For Me by AbuTwins: 4:37pm On Nov 19, 2023
ogaontop:

Fine, I have an important question to ask.
Is it right to give God the glory after cutting corners?
Like taking bribes to the detriment of others, killing to steal and enrich directly or indirectly, and going ahead to pay tithe from the proceeds?
NB: Paying tithe is glorifying God!

Where was tithe payed to Jesus?
Where did Jesus specifically ordered it?

What genuine evidence do you have that BAT rigged but Obi didn't rig at all?
Re: Bible Scholars Should Explain Psalms 23:5 For Me by Yorubafonja: 4:52pm On Nov 19, 2023
bamvik:

God allowed u to buy Benz, build houses while your enemies are watching and can't do anything
Re: Bible Scholars Should Explain Psalms 23:5 For Me by AbuTwins: 4:53pm On Nov 19, 2023
bitbillionaire:
You guys should stop playing on our intelligence. Over 90% of what you call 'propaganda' are facts we all know about Jagaban. It's just that Nigeria is a fvcked up society that's why Tinubu is able to get away from it all.

Can you even imagine what would have been Tinubu's fate if he were president of the United States or any other advance democratic nation?

Joe Biden is a worse criminal!
He's the one who sponsored Israel with $3bn back then to destabilise that region Isreal is placed!

Don't compare Joe with BAT!
BAT hasn't killed millions like Joe and USA!

Where's your evidence for the >90% you are bringing?
Why couldn't the God you all prayed to prevent BAT from rigging?
Why can't you give the rigging evidence to Obi and Atiku to present?

Take it or leave it!
JAGABAN is God's annointed!
Re: Bible Scholars Should Explain Psalms 23:5 For Me by Banhammy717: 5:17pm On Nov 19, 2023
Which of the versions of the bibles?
Re: Bible Scholars Should Explain Psalms 23:5 For Me by Kobojunkie: 5:22pm On Nov 19, 2023
Banhammy717:
Which of the versions of the bibles?
Which version says that which is different? undecided
Re: Bible Scholars Should Explain Psalms 23:5 For Me by sslcrypt: 6:05pm On Nov 19, 2023
ArisingStorm:

(In a fun-filled interpretation)
The Most High will give your enemies chance to display their talents and skills, then, The Mighty One of Yisrael will let them know who is in charge.
Look at Joseph and His Brothers
Look at David and Saul
Look at Israel and Egypt
Look at Yahusha(which christians calls Jesus) and his enemies
Look at Daniel in the Lion's Den
Look at Paul and Silas in the prison. Etc.

Those who hate you will be clothed with shame, and the tents of the wicked shall be no more.
Iyoḇ (Job) 8:22

Anyone who follows the Torah of our Abba and surrenders their all to Him, will be loved by The Most High.

Shalom

You guys spill crap from all these prosperity pastors. He said he will prepare the table before you in the presence of your enemies, he will do it. But you Christians are so consumed with evil devilish pride that you take something from the bible and start making strange gospel from it. Just like a man who looks into the mirror and forgets who he is, is what most christians are. They just scream and shout at any given verse of the bible, when the inward man is empty.

All God wants is for you to focus on him and not what your enemies are doing neither does he want you to even bother what the devil does. He will elevate you when he wants to and how he wants to.

Look at all the names you wrote did you ever once see them focus on enemies or the tactics of the devil? Their focus was God and God made a way for them, because they have unfailingly trust and faith in God.
They followed God just as they need oxygen to live, their life depended on it. Even the David that wrote it nearly self destruct because he diverted a bit cuz of sin. He was also able to overcome because he's relationship with God was right from when he was tending the flocks in the fields. It's this actions that brought God's word to past of Jesus coming from the linage of David.
Re: Bible Scholars Should Explain Psalms 23:5 For Me by Gtwix: 6:56pm On Nov 19, 2023
YOU will conquer your enemies, they shall go down on their knees before you,serve you.
Re: Bible Scholars Should Explain Psalms 23:5 For Me by judedwriter(m): 8:08pm On Nov 19, 2023
bamvik:

It means the anointing will bring you into honor in the midst of your enemies and they cannot do anything about it.

However you skipped that part, he anointed my head with oil and my cup overflows.
Re: Bible Scholars Should Explain Psalms 23:5 For Me by Paracetamol01: 9:21pm On Nov 19, 2023
rickleye:

I agree - I find it to be the highest hypocrisy.
But I bet you N10k nothing will be done about it .
we should call for a protest on this forum

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Aloysius Ikegwuonwu Bishop Reacts To Ozubulu Catholic Church Killings / Five Things Every Christian Must Know About Sex (must Read) / Reigning Queen Esther At Chris Okotie's Household Of God Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.