Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,673 members, 7,809,561 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:15 AM

Blasphemy: Muslim Lawyers Support Kano Singer's Death Sentence - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Blasphemy: Muslim Lawyers Support Kano Singer's Death Sentence (1140 Views)

Why I Support Kano Elders Who Want Igbos To Leave / Aminu Yahaya-Sharif: Appeal Court Sets Aside Death Sentence Against Kano Singer / Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blasphemy: Muslim Lawyers Support Kano Singer's Death Sentence by ojobek: 6:11pm On Aug 16, 2020
[quote author=frankyychiji post=92883920] Na wa ooooooo[/qLimiting meaning of blasphemy to insult alone shows you are not being sincere,check your dictionary. Think about the impact of each meaning on islamic religion and millions of Muslims around the world
Re: Blasphemy: Muslim Lawyers Support Kano Singer's Death Sentence by ojobek: 6:18pm On Aug 16, 2020
ha
Re: Blasphemy: Muslim Lawyers Support Kano Singer's Death Sentence by ojobek: 6:23pm On Aug 16, 2020
prodigyhenry:

But has any pastor or "Christian lawyer" condemned a person who sins against the holy ghost to death?, The forgiveness or unforgiveness of the sin against the holy ghost is between the sinner and his God. And by the way that passage is quoted out of context, it doesn't mean there's no forgiveness for a particular sin. I can't go into all that today Sha.. and by the way I am an atheist who studies the Bible, quaran and other religious books
Has anyone ever committed sin against holy ghost,how could you sin against something that does not exist,but if you know one that has committed sin against holy ghost, please feel free to tell me.
Re: Blasphemy: Muslim Lawyers Support Kano Singer's Death Sentence by prodigyhenry: 6:29pm On Aug 16, 2020
ojobek:
Has anyone ever committed sin against holy ghost,how could you sin against something that does not exist,but if you know one that has committed sin against holy ghost, please feel free to tell me.

As I have told you earlier I am not a Christian, neither a Muslim I'm an atheist. So I would avoid to say your God too doesn't exist. But if you need more information about what the Bible teaches and what Christian's believe I would be more than happy to indulge you but not today
Re: Blasphemy: Muslim Lawyers Support Kano Singer's Death Sentence by ojobek: 7:01pm On Aug 16, 2020
prodigyhenry:

As I have told you earlier I am not a Christian, neither a Muslim I'm an atheist. So I would avoid to say your God too doesn't exist. But if you need more information about what the Bible teaches and what Christian's believe I would be more than happy to indulge you but not today
I am not an atheist,I believe in existence of God,though I don't know much about your believe. I'm okay with your decision.
Re: Blasphemy: Muslim Lawyers Support Kano Singer's Death Sentence by Rikov(m): 7:14pm On Aug 16, 2020
ojobek:
Islam is the only well structured religion in the world,it invoke disciplines in its followers,it is guided by rules and regulations. More so Muhammad is human being and not God,in a situations where you blasphemy against him and knowing that he is not alive to defend himself,if found guilty ,face the punishment because justice must be seen to be served.And some of you that said Book haram members are forgiving, this have to do with government of the day,imaging if they had brought them before sharia court,it is death if found guilty unlike your convectional court that will say they temper justice with mercy.Islam is all about justice,kill the guy to serve as deterrent to others.

Since it's all about justice, pls mention a pedophile or a rapist that has been brought to book in it's entire history...�.
So u now want a man killed for insulting a fellow man right?
.......... Msteeeeeeeew
Re: Blasphemy: Muslim Lawyers Support Kano Singer's Death Sentence by ojobek: 8:33pm On Aug 16, 2020
Rikov:

Since it's all about justice, pls mention a pedophile or a rapist that has been brought to book in it's entire history...�.
So u now want a man killed for insulting a fellow man right?
.......... Msteeeeeeeew
I have not seen any pedophile or rapist that has taken to sharia court and escape justice.but if you are talking about convectional court,that is where laws are bend and justice is said to be temper with mercy .More so blasphemy is not only about insult, go and goggle it.

1 Like

Re: Blasphemy: Muslim Lawyers Support Kano Singer's Death Sentence by frankyychiji(f): 9:15pm On Aug 16, 2020
ojobek:
that is all you can say
Truly Boko Haram is justified by this pissful religion!
Re: Blasphemy: Muslim Lawyers Support Kano Singer's Death Sentence by Nobody: 9:22pm On Aug 16, 2020
Even the aeroplane driver supports
Re: Blasphemy: Muslim Lawyers Support Kano Singer's Death Sentence by oyatz(m): 8:35am On Aug 17, 2020
Your post is syllogically defective.

1) Is Holy Ghost a man?

2) Has Holy Ghost or any blackman demanded that his fellow black man be killed for insulting Holy Ghost?

ojobek:
Sin against HOLY GHOST is not forgiven,who is holy ghost?what is holy ghost? Where is holy ghost?Jesus died about 2000+ years ago.
Re: Blasphemy: Muslim Lawyers Support Kano Singer's Death Sentence by oyatz(m): 8:38am On Aug 17, 2020
ojobek:
In a state where there is no law,there is no sin.

Which law?
Who and who passed the law?

Are laws promulgated by a 7th century Arabian Prophet living in the desert of Al-Hijaz binding on Nigerians living in Nigeria in 2020?
Re: Blasphemy: Muslim Lawyers Support Kano Singer's Death Sentence by EMMY76: 11:22am On Aug 17, 2020
Ababbio:
Kano State Chapter of the Muslim Lawyers Association of Nigeria, has lauded the Sharia's Court for sentencing 22-year-old singer, Yahaya Sharif-Aminu to death by hanging for blaspheming against Prophet Muhammad(SAW).

The Nation report that, the singer is a resident of Sharifai quarters in Kano municipal, was sued for “insulting religious creed, contrary to Section 382 (6) of Kano State Shari’a Penal Code Law 2000.”

Sharif-Aminu was said to have sing a song that blaspheme against Prophet Muhammad, which went viral in March 2020. He was however, arraigned before the Sharia court in August, having found guilty, the prisiding Juge Khadi Aliyu Muhammad Kani, ordered that he be hanged until he dies.

In a statement issued the Chairman of the Muslim Lawyers, Muhammad Sani Garba Esq, the lawyer said the judge was right in his judgment in which he convicted and sentenced the accused to death without prejudice because the Supreme Court had set a precedent in the case of Abubakar Shalla Vs State in 2007.

Other supporters of the judgment are Kano State council of Friday mosque Imams and the Kano State Hisbah Board, and have also appealed to the State governor Abdullahi Ganduje to sign the execution of the penalty. MULAN also urged Ganduje to sign the death warrant. The governor has not reacted to the ruling, yet.

The statement reads:

“The position of the Law under Shari’a is that any sane and adult muslim, who insults, defames, or utters words or acts which are capable of bringing into disrepute, odium, contempt of the holy Prophet, such a person has committed a serious crime punishable by death…

“The general public should understand that Shari’a is a Muslim Law applicable only to Muslims. Any person who accepts to be Muslim must obey the provisions of Shari’a, whether it pleases him or not. Those who are not followers of Islamic faith should be reminded that the constitution of Nigeria guarantees Nigerians to practice and observe the religion of their choice and be bound by its Laws and principles…”

“We urge the Executive arm of Kano State government to ensure strict compliance to the Judgement, as part of its commitment towards proper implementation of Sharia.”

Source: https://insidenaija.com.ng/blasphemy-muslim-lawyers-applaud-kano-singers-death-sentence/

Northern nigerian muslims have vehemently refused to evolve like their islamic brothers in asia and the middle east the rest of the world is gradually leaving them behind in development and civilization.
Re: Blasphemy: Muslim Lawyers Support Kano Singer's Death Sentence by ojobek: 4:51pm On Aug 17, 2020
oyatz:

Which law?
Who and who passed the law?

Are laws promulgated by a 7th century Arabian Prophet living in the desert of Al-Hijaz binding on Nigerians living in Nigeria in 2020?
It is a pity that you allow your emotion to becloud s.. of reasoning. law is law,just get it.It only applicable to Muslims only.Whether the law is binding on Nigeria's Muslims living in Nigeria,you will have to ask your constitution.
Re: Blasphemy: Muslim Lawyers Support Kano Singer's Death Sentence by oyatz(m): 5:13pm On Aug 17, 2020
You don't know what you are saying.
The musician should appeal the Judgement up to the Supreme Court.

The Judgement will be quashed or better still, he should renounced such dangerous religion.

A 7th century Arab Prophet/Warrior decreed that his opponents who disagreed or abused him should be killed.
This may be an acceptable behaviour in the 7th century Arab society where each clan was against the other, fighting for little resources available in the desert and killing each other was a very common practice.

However, for his followers to be insisting that this Practice must be observed all over the world and throughout the generations is the root cause of Islamic inspired terrorism.

ojobek:
It is a pity that you allow your emotion to becloud s.. of reasoning. law is law,just get it.It only applicable to Muslims only.Whether the law is binding on Nigeria's Muslims living in Nigeria,you will have to ask your constitution.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why I Think Nnamdi Kanu Is A Fraud / Another Recession Looms With ‘adverse Consequences’ – Buhari / BREAKING: CBN Gets Court Order To Freeze Accounts Of #endsars Promoters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.