Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Webometrics Ranking Of Nigerian Universities (2020) - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Webometrics Ranking Of Nigerian Universities (2020) (44459 Views)

Best Universities In Nigeria 2021 - Webometrics / WAEC 2018 Ranking Of The 36 States & FCT / 89% of Nigerian Universities Fail to Make Top 5,000 in the World - Webometrics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Nigerian Universities (2020) by edoairways: 9:20pm On Aug 16, 2020
joviegghead:
Hmm.

Webometric criteria for ranking isn't comprehensive.

UNILAG still remains the best. The only school that can challenge that is Covenant University(I respect that school).
If all Universities can strive to be like Covenant, we'll be producing graduates with substance
How, can you explain further?
Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Nigerian Universities (2020) by ikay00406(m): 9:22pm On Aug 16, 2020
Pavillon:
Na when i still be undergrad this shit dy shack me,

ohh, my school dy top this school, my school better pass this school.

as I don comot now, my eye don clear..
grin grin grin

Very funny cheesy
Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Nigerian Universities (2020) by edoairways: 9:23pm On Aug 16, 2020
Autentic418:
is this possible
Unilorin not in top ten
The university that holds the highest number of jamb candidates for years now
wow����
Read the article from the beginning to understand how those schools were ranked
Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Nigerian Universities (2020) by edoairways: 9:24pm On Aug 16, 2020
Sammyfabulous:
Most federal schools should be ashamed of themselves imagine convenant that was established in 2002 topping them all lol most of these schools are living on past glory
I dey tell you
Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Nigerian Universities (2020) by edoairways: 9:26pm On Aug 16, 2020
tuzle:
Scam list, did my university even open through out 2020,so how come did they come about the list when both lecturers and students are at home.
Research, citations etc are the main criteria. I just downloaded articles published during this pandemic from Google scholar
Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Nigerian Universities (2020) by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 9:28pm On Aug 16, 2020
CivilzedTyger:
Yeah. I'm in my finals. You?
I'm currently a DE aspirant.
Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Nigerian Universities (2020) by Mastakija(m): 9:30pm On Aug 16, 2020
kenex4ever:
those southwest universities are filled with southeast lecturers and students.
anoda ipob illiterate
geez!! how can someone with brain, like humman brain o!!! say this kind of a tin in public.
chaiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Nigerian Universities (2020) by CivilzedTyger(m): 9:41pm On Aug 16, 2020
OluwabuqqyYOLO:
I'm currently a DE aspirant.
Okay bro. Which course did you apply for?
Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Nigerian Universities (2020) by Friendlyjoe: 9:41pm On Aug 16, 2020
CivilzedTyger:
Thank you my brother. Which department are you from?

Economics.

You?
Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Nigerian Universities (2020) by holuwajobar(m): 9:49pm On Aug 16, 2020
Coder2Client:
As if the ranking will give graduates job

God bless you for this
Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Nigerian Universities (2020) by mytym(m): 9:54pm On Aug 16, 2020
LukasPodolski:
Webometrics is a ranking system for the world's universities based on a composite indicator that takes into account both the volume of the Web content (number of web pages and files) and the visibility and impact of these web publications according to the number of external inlinks (site citations) they received.

University of Ibadan, the premier University retains the top spot and number sixteen(16) in Africa and 1249 in the world (too bad)

Below is the top ten Nigerian universities.

(1) University of Ibadan.

(2) Covenant University, Ota

(3) University of Nigeria.

(4) Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-ife

(5) University of Lagos.

(6) Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria

(7) University of Port Harcourt.

(cool Federal University of Technology, Akure

(9) University of Benin.

(10) Adekunle Ajasin University.

Check out where your Alma mata falls.
https://www.webometrics.info/en/africa/nigeria

So Lautech with all the internal crises and financial woes rated in the world above Unilorin,...

Lautech has lost its way, in the days of yore, school was consistently in first five and usually the best State school for quite a while.
Oh Lautech thy glory is departed.

Better by Far my foot, Unilorin in over 15years has never gone on strike, see your striking neighbor above you.

UI, CU....and any school that does agressive research in tech and publish such in rated journals will rank high always. Google scholars too...for now CU and UI are doing it well...there was a tech research content i read where both schools were rated before King F'ahd Uni. I was awed.
Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Nigerian Universities (2020) by ChevKing(m): 9:55pm On Aug 16, 2020
Please ignore this ranking, do yourself some help bu checking the metrics used. I think the most reliable ranking is the one by TIMES HIGHER EDUCATION RANKING, It uses relevant metrics.

1 Like

Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Nigerian Universities (2020) by Kykyblaze(m): 9:57pm On Aug 16, 2020
...and this is how problem continues
Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Nigerian Universities (2020) by Nobody: 10:01pm On Aug 16, 2020
Aplaudez:
Where's imsu
Imo state.
Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Nigerian Universities (2020) by Gracchus: 10:03pm On Aug 16, 2020
kenex4ever:
Lies from the pits of hell.... Prove it that oau, ui, covenant and even unipav is filled with South East lecturers and students, or forever remain silent.

2 Likes

Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Nigerian Universities (2020) by Ajixegun: 10:07pm On Aug 16, 2020
kenex4ever:

And southeast universities are filled with southwest students and lecturers, right?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Nigerian Universities (2020) by Iamvetlander(m): 10:30pm On Aug 16, 2020
Where is cross river university of technology crutech
Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Nigerian Universities (2020) by jidoex66(m): 10:32pm On Aug 16, 2020
Uyi168:
University of benin ranked 2676th in the world..
Mehn, na play person go Dey play for school oo.. grin cry
���
Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Nigerian Universities (2020) by DonBenergy(m): 10:34pm On Aug 16, 2020
Offpoint:
Please what's web-obo-metrics?
Omo Yoruba ni mi.. Ko ye mi rara
ko le ye e� oniranu �
Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Nigerian Universities (2020) by Amotolongbo(f): 10:52pm On Aug 16, 2020
Eriggs:
must u quote me b4 u make ur post, next time be careful of such rubbish, i hate rubbish. no be only ife, na love!
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Nigerian Universities (2020) by g4gerald: 10:53pm On Aug 16, 2020
Solsix:
Those that mean nah only markets dey SE??
So where is university of Nigeria, abi u nid glasses
Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Nigerian Universities (2020) by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 10:57pm On Aug 16, 2020
CivilzedTyger:
Okay bro. Which course did you apply for?
Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Nigerian Universities (2020) by Majikman(m): 11:18pm On Aug 16, 2020
UNN twice as tall as OAU
argue with ur keyboards

I was just watching wen you all were
downgrading UNN bcuz of its old structures. Hmmm!
Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Nigerian Universities (2020) by ronyman(m): 11:32pm On Aug 16, 2020
Yet simple correct sentence you people can't make. Dreadful in speaking English but excellent at mgbati mgbati... grin
IjebuWarrior:
Yoruba kicking asses as expected! cool

The best in everything great in this country...

We're in a league of our own indeed...

A Nigeria without Yoruba is no country at all. Nigeria needs Yoruba to effectively and successfully function. No wonder 90% of savages from that 'Jungle' wan die on top Yoruba region. grin

Yoruba 4 Life! God bless Yoruba! cool
Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Nigerian Universities (2020) by Davies1: 11:36pm On Aug 16, 2020
The reason why I doubt this ranking eh......its was when I saw adekunle ajasin number 10.....i wonder how that sch got that position... that glorified secondary sch. Maybe them make mistake
Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Nigerian Universities (2020) by Nobody: 11:59pm On Aug 16, 2020
joviegghead:
Hmm.

Webometric criteria for ranking isn't comprehensive.

UNILAG still remains the best. The only school that can challenge that is Covenant University(I respect that school).
If all Universities can strive to be like Covenant, we'll be producing graduates with substance
what makes unilag the best
Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Nigerian Universities (2020) by lagosapple: 12:23am On Aug 17, 2020
The question is how many of you that are making mouth has ever given back to your university? No be to bask in the glory but not to contribute to the school that made you what you are. Just saying.
Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Nigerian Universities (2020) by BrownLondon(m): 12:28am On Aug 17, 2020
kenex4ever:
Ipob bureau of statistics una don come again abi?

How is that even possible? ODE.
Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Nigerian Universities (2020) by MrTechy(m): 1:00am On Aug 17, 2020
Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Nigerian Universities (2020) by therajah: 1:26am On Aug 17, 2020
Racoon:
It's not mean feat being a Lion or Lioness.Meanwhile, Nigeria is still a sleeping giant.
What makes Nigeria a giant?? Population?
Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Nigerian Universities (2020) by PropertyBuying(f): 1:29am On Aug 17, 2020
Racoon:
It's not mean feat being a Lion or Lioness.Meanwhile, Nigeria is still a sleeping giant.
Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Hot Cake Courses Every Student Wants To Study In Nigeria Universities / Lagos Schools Where Alcohol, Gambling Thrive In Broad Daylight / Best Secondary Schools In Nigeria 2012 Ranking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.