Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,029 members, 7,818,036 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

Webometrics Ranking Of Nigerian Universities (2020) - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Webometrics Ranking Of Nigerian Universities (2020) (44463 Views)

Best Universities In Nigeria 2021 - Webometrics / WAEC 2018 Ranking Of The 36 States & FCT / 89% of Nigerian Universities Fail to Make Top 5,000 in the World - Webometrics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Nigerian Universities (2020) by IjebuWarrior: 1:41am On Aug 17, 2020
ronyman:
Yet simple correct sentence you people can't make. Dreadful in speaking English but excellent at mgbati mgbati... grin

Yet, the one and ONLY English Literature Nobel Laureate ever in the history of Nigeria is who again?

Ojukwu? Kanu? Achebe?

Savage mutha fucker! grin grin
Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Nigerian Universities (2020) by Ndipe(m): 2:13am On Aug 17, 2020
Good to see Uniuyo, my alma-mater, made the top 20.
Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Nigerian Universities (2020) by OluwaseunSeal(m): 5:18am On Aug 17, 2020
I Rep University of IBADAN!
The First and still the Best
Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Nigerian Universities (2020) by Digableplanets6(m): 5:19am On Aug 17, 2020
IjebuWarrior:
Yoruba kicking asses as expected! cool

The best in everything great in this country...

We're in a league of our own indeed...

A Nigeria without Yoruba is no country at all. Nigeria needs Yoruba to effectively and successfully function. No wonder 90% of savages from that 'Jungle' wan die on top Yoruba region. grin

Yoruba 4 Life! God bless Yoruba! cool

But you guys are also the best in ritual killings closely followed by igbo people.Last last i go run am make i do nysc for my state.
Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Nigerian Universities (2020) by Rilwayne001: 6:08am On Aug 17, 2020
EXOUSIAng:

The way people like you think really shows how great God is....
How same person who created minda like Obama, Soyinka, Achebe, Elon Musk etc just to mention a few still created minds like yours....

What a potpourri of loaded BS! Pray tell, what's the nonsense you just typed up here?
Okay, if I understand you clearly, are you comparing your own mind to Elon Musk, Obama Role Soyinka etc? And even aside that, how much do you know me to have been able to understand the kind of mind I carry about?
Are you just typing for the sake of typing or you're simply just delusional?

SO SCHOOLS SHOULDN'T BE RANKED AGAIN BY AN INTERNATIONAL ORGANISATION BECAUSE THE UNEMPLOYMENT RATE IN NIGERIA IS HIGH...

I didn't say schools should not be ranked in my post, I simply asked of what benefits or on what tanget has all these highly ranked schools placed their graduates in the overtly saturated labour market? If you can't comprehend simple English or you can't think vividly think out of box, then I can't help your sorry case.

I have said this before and am saying it again, people are only jobless cos they are looking for "JOBS" those of use who are working don't need employment, when you people are tired of looking for "job" you people will work nobody go tell you..I just hope its not lt by the time you realize the difference between "work" and "job"

This is the mistake you lots keep making. Obviously you misconstrue what I meant by 'the labour market. And had you not being in haste to type your odious bunkum in reply to my post, instead of asking, then I would have taken time to elaborate. The labor market isn't all about looking for job. The labour market is inclusive of what the environment has to offers and to help you in starting your own business on your own. Obviously the Nigerian environment is so saturated and volatile that it takes grace and huge capital to achieve a successful business enterprise. And that's even if it doesn't even disappear after about 2 years.

We see how things are fairing in other countries. The major reason why much people are trying to leave the country for greener pastures.

Simply put, this country doesn't have much to offer graduates, and hence the university ranking is more like beating a dead horse. No obvious impact on the graduates being churn out year-in year-out.

1 Like

Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Nigerian Universities (2020) by Lawsimon(m): 6:45am On Aug 17, 2020
I stopped reading immediately I saw university of Calabar

I just conclude that this ranking get k-leg

Do am again
Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Nigerian Universities (2020) by piper7(m): 7:05am On Aug 17, 2020
I'm waiting for those stupid bigots from the east ooo. Useless people.
A Nigeria without Yoruba is empty. Yoruba Lagba!!!
Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Nigerian Universities (2020) by piper7(m): 7:06am On Aug 17, 2020
Digableplanets6:

But you guys are also the best in ritual killings closely followed by igbo people.Last last i go run am make i do nysc for my state.
We You'd better go to the East if you want to see ritual killings. Nothing dey happen for Yoruba land compared to the East.
Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Nigerian Universities (2020) by CivilzedTyger(m): 7:11am On Aug 17, 2020
OluwabuqqyYOLO:

Business Administration, from Federal Polytechnic, Bida.
Nice. Wishing you all the best
Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Nigerian Universities (2020) by CivilzedTyger(m): 7:12am On Aug 17, 2020
Friendlyjoe:

Economics.
You?
Biochemistry. I be old siter.
Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Nigerian Universities (2020) by kenex4ever(m): 7:23am On Aug 17, 2020
BrownLondon:

Ipob bureau of statistics una don come again abi?

How is that even possible? ODE.
Ur problem is understanding. Filled here is figurative, does not mean that SE people are more than SW people in the school but a good number of students and lecturers are from SE because SE people are many in other parts of the con3.

On the other hand there are SW students n lecturers too in SE universities but at a much lower number.

Also note that those rankings does not matter, all the schools in nigeria are wack. Quality of a student does not depend much on the school but chiefly on the individual.
Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Nigerian Universities (2020) by Hezmatosky: 7:31am On Aug 17, 2020
Greatest Lasuites shocked
Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Nigerian Universities (2020) by Juliearth(f): 7:45am On Aug 17, 2020
LukasPodolski:
Webometrics is a ranking system for the world's universities based on a composite indicator that takes into account both the volume of the Web content (number of web pages and files) and the visibility and impact of these web publications according to the number of external inlinks (site citations) they received.

University of Ibadan, the premier University retains the top spot and number sixteen(16) in Africa and 1249 in the world (too bad)

Below is the top ten Nigerian universities.

(1) University of Ibadan.

(2) Covenant University, Ota

(3) University of Nigeria.

(4) Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-ife

(5) University of Lagos.

(6) Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria

(7) University of Port Harcourt.

(cool Federal University of Technology, Akure

(9) University of Benin.

(10) Adekunle Ajasin University.

Check out where your Alma mata falls.
https://www.webometrics.info/en/africa/nigeria

Webometrics reminds me of bibliometrics.
Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Nigerian Universities (2020) by illicit(m): 8:03am On Aug 17, 2020
olaiya2007:
Adekunle ajasin tops University of Ilorin... Seriously? shocked

e shock me o
Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Nigerian Universities (2020) by RioCarputo(m): 8:17am On Aug 17, 2020
University of Ibadan. recte sapere fons.
Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Nigerian Universities (2020) by EXOUSIAng: 8:30am On Aug 17, 2020
Rilwayne001:

What a potpourri of loaded BS! Pray tell, what's the nonsense you just typed up here?
Okay, if I understand you clearly, are you comparing your own mind to Elon Musk, Obama Role Soyinka etc? And even aside that, how much do you know me to have been able to understand the kind of mind I carry about?
Are you just typing for the sake of typing or you're simply just delusional?

I didn't say schools should not be ranked in my post, I simply asked of what benefits or on what tanget has all these highly ranked schools placed their graduates in the overtly saturated labour market? If you can't comprehend simple English or you can't think vividly think out of box, then I can't help your sorry case.

This is the mistake you lots keep making. Obviously you misconstrue what I meant by 'the labour market. And had you not being in haste to type your odious bunkum in reply to my post, instead of asking, then I would have taken time to elaborate. The labor market isn't all about looking for job. The labour market is inclusive of what the environment has to offers and to help you in starting your own business on your own. Obviously the Nigerian environment is so saturated and volatile that it takes grace and huge capital to achieve a successful business enterprise. And that's even if it doesn't even disappear after about 2 years.

We see how things are fairing in other countries. The major reason why much people are trying to leave the country for greener pastures.

Simply put, this country doesn't have much to offer graduates, and hence the university ranking is more like beating a dead horse. No obvious impact on the graduates being churn out year-in year-out.
YOU SOUNDED LIKE ITS NOT IMPORTANT THAT INSTITUTION ARE RANKED, MIND YOU THIS OS NOT ONE NIGERIAN ORGANIZATION ITS INTERNATIONAL.... THEY JUST DOING WHAT THEY DO
The problem is not the country but the young people, same young people complaining about the lack of jobs, I know someone who counted his first few millions as a 200level student at Covenant University, I mentioned the school you understand the difficulty of doing business in such an environment, most of my mates started up their companies while we were still in school, no help from parents, uncles or a government, we starved to get the ball rolling, we would spend alot of our times discussing ideas..... Most of these young lads just sit around watch nonsense on TV, post videos on Instagram, argue on Twitter day in day out... their only attempt to make someone out of life is to submit CVs online. They have nothing to offer outside the education they acquired, not saying go learn a trade or acquired a skill, am talking ideas, how does a computer engineering graduate not have at least a CCNA before graduating, no extra juice he is just there like the other millions. I knew a 2.1 final year computer science student from a state University who had no idea how to load an operating system, didn't understand no programming language, he said they wrote their codes on paper, I mean white paper... that guy is somewhere going up and down today complaining about the unavailability of jobs....
how many young people sit down, get rid of all the social noise around them and think.... We have so much to do to make money in this country, people have just refused to think....
It is not easy in any part of the world...
So i say again, jobs are available for the few who are qualified.....
This country is growing no where unless young people stop all these mental laziness and put their brains to work....
That an individual is sweating is not enough reason to be paid, its the results that matter...
Nigerian youths are busy sweating but no results...
I asked someone to register for N-power use the money to start up something, he asked me what is N-power, that guy is on Twitter and Instagram 24/7... He knows the latest about every Nigerian celebrity but knows nothing about how to move his life forward, then he comes asking for money telling me he can't find a job....
My brother....
Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Nigerian Universities (2020) by Rilwayne001: 8:53am On Aug 17, 2020
EXOUSIAng:

YOU SOUNDED LIKE ITS NOT IMPORTANT THAT INSTITUTION ARE RANKED, MIND YOU THIS OS NOT ONE NIGERIAN ORGANIZATION ITS INTERNATIONAL.... THEY JUST DOING WHAT THEY DO
I did not say it is not important, I said of what importance is it when actually virtually all of them produce half baked graduates to an already saturated and ineffectual environment.

The problem is not the country but the young people, same young people complaining about the lack of jobs,

I disagree with your notion that the problem is not the country, however I agree with the other aspect. My believe is that, the environment isn't effective, and as well rather than for young graduates to prepare themselves for it so to achieve success by all means, most prefer frivolities than to use their brain. But then how about the very few that are interested in using their brain to work hard to achieve something great? Does the Nigerian government or society have anything to offer them? You and I know the answer.

Fact is, this life, you hardly can be successful solely based on your own effort. We tend to need some external forces to help us achieve our aim, albeit provided we have our own internal forces ready to keep things rolling. Of course we have graduates with ready-made internal forces, but when it comes to external forces to help in the little way they can, this environment is almost lacking in it unless grace shine upon you.

I know someone who counted his first few millions as a 200level student at Covenant University, I mentioned the school you understand the difficulty of doing business in such an environment, most of my mates started up their companies while we were still in school, no help from parents, uncles or a government, we starved to get the ball rolling, we would spend alot of our times discussing ideas...

Of course things like this are bound to happen. But you definitely can't say it was all by your doing alone. Of course there are people in the university with better ideas than what you and your friends nurtured, but their ideas would not fly because one way of the other, the lack some help from external forces to make them. Don't assume because it works for you and it's not working for others, then you're perfect. Of course not. Just see it as grace and count yourself lucky. Nevertheless it's good to work and be lucky. It's only bad not work and expect luck. But when you work and you had luck, don't assume others working without luck are lazy or not doing it right. In Nigeria, doing something right does not guarantee you success. In fact we've seen many lazy people making it while hardworking people are suffering. It's just the conundrum that this odious society is placing on hardworking people. The major reason why I asked the impact the university ranking has to offer graduates in this harsh society.

Most of these young lads just sit around watch nonsense on TV, post videos on Instagram, argue on Twitter day in day out... their only attempt to make someone out of life is to submit CVs online. They have nothing to offer outside the education they acquired, not saying go learn a trade or acquired a skill, am talking ideas, how does a computer engineering graduate not have at least a CCNA before graduating, no extra juice he is just there like the other millions. I knew a 2.1 final year computer science student from a state University who had no idea how to load an operating system, didn't understand no programming language, he said they wrote their codes on paper, I mean white paper... that guy is somewhere going up and down today complaining about the unavailability of jobs....
how many young people sit down, get rid of all the social noise around them and think.... We have so much to do to make money in this country, people have just refused to think....
It is not easy in any part of the world...
So i say again, jobs are available for the few who are qualified.....
This country is growing no where unless young people stop all these mental laziness and put their brains to work....
That an individual is sweating is not enough reason to be paid, its the results that matter...
Nigerian youths are busy sweating but no results...
I asked someone to register for N-power use the money to start up something, he asked me what is N-power, that guy is on Twitter and Instagram 24/7... He knows the latest about every Nigerian celebrity but knows nothing about how to move his life forward, then he comes asking for money telling me he can't find a job....
My brother....

You're very right here. 80% of graduates enjoy time doing frivolities while expecting good jobs to just fall on their lapse. It's a pitiful situation.

1 Like

Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Nigerian Universities (2020) by od501: 9:59am On Aug 17, 2020
CivilzedTyger:
After I graduate I'll be appointed as a lecturer, hopefully.

Oh...I see. Congrats in advance bro
Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Nigerian Universities (2020) by Friendlyjoe: 10:19am On Aug 17, 2020
CivilzedTyger:
Biochemistry. I be old siter.

Thats nice.

Greetings from new site
Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Nigerian Universities (2020) by CivilzedTyger(m): 12:43pm On Aug 17, 2020
Friendlyjoe:

Thats nice.
Greetings from new site
Yes boss.

1 Like

Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Nigerian Universities (2020) by CivilzedTyger(m): 12:44pm On Aug 17, 2020
od501:

Oh...I see. Congrats in advance bro
Lol. thanks bruv. na just wishful thinking oo
Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Nigerian Universities (2020) by od501: 4:21pm On Aug 17, 2020
CivilzedTyger:
Lol. thanks bruv. na just wishful thinking oo

The universe always take our wishes seriously. Don't stop wishing it, the universe is watching z she always does!
Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Nigerian Universities (2020) by walex4live1(m): 5:05pm On Aug 17, 2020
FUTA my almamater, u no do good ooo... Why u go allow yeye OAU top u na¿
Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Nigerian Universities (2020) by Lagschools: 5:33pm On Aug 17, 2020
seanwilliam:
you're right though. But no matter the criteria, southwest universities are still the best

True. Most of the good universities in Nigeria are situated in the Southwest.

1 Like

Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Nigerian Universities (2020) by physicistman(m): 7:04pm On Aug 17, 2020
Eriggs:
University of Ibadan, The First and the Best.
The ranking no lie.
Argue with your alma mater.

Fellow UITE sighted

1 Like

Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Nigerian Universities (2020) by physicistman(m): 7:06pm On Aug 17, 2020
Aplaudez:
Where's imsu

What is Imsu??
Is it a new type of soap??

1 Like

Re: Webometrics Ranking Of Nigerian Universities (2020) by titiakins: 8:37pm On Aug 17, 2020
IjebuWarrior:
Yoruba kicking asses as expected! cool

The best in everything great in this country...

We're in a league of our own indeed...

A Nigeria without Yoruba is no country at all. Nigeria needs Yoruba to effectively and successfully function. No wonder 90% of savages from that 'Jungle' wan die on top Yoruba region. grin

Yoruba 4 Life! God bless Yoruba! cool
ibos go wan die when they read this your post cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lagos Schools Where Alcohol, Gambling Thrive In Broad Daylight / Best Secondary Schools In Nigeria 2012 Ranking / Can You Solve This Primary 6 Quantitative Reasoning Question?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.