Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,103 members, 7,953,356 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:57 PM

Help Me In Making A Decision - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Help Me In Making A Decision (527 Views)

Guys!!! I Have Finally Made A Decision!!! Data Science And Analytics That Is It. / I Need Help In Making The Right Life Choice / Making A Bot In Python And Django (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me In Making A Decision by obawinner(m): 3:28pm On Aug 16, 2020
Beautiful people, what aspect of IT can my younger brother learn that would benefit him in the future. Considering he's 19, an arts student, and has 8-9 month due to the academics calendar break?
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Help Me In Making A Decision by Nobody: 4:05pm On Aug 16, 2020
obawinner:
Beautiful people, what aspect of IT can my younger brother learn that would benefit him in the future. Considering he's 19, an arts student, and has 8-9 month due to the academics calendar break?
Thanks in anticipation.
graphics design, digital art, animation etc

2 Likes

Re: Help Me In Making A Decision by obawinner(m): 6:10pm On Aug 16, 2020
Please which one is digital art?
@ Chechekojnr
Re: Help Me In Making A Decision by Nickisindigo(m): 6:59pm On Aug 16, 2020
Graphics design,animations and ui/ux design

1 Like

Re: Help Me In Making A Decision by Nobody: 7:28pm On Aug 16, 2020
obawinner:
Please which one is digital art?
@ Chechekojnr
making art digitally

1 Like

Re: Help Me In Making A Decision by soleexx(m): 12:36pm On Aug 17, 2020
Art student?
Art Faculty, or department?.

Anyway if his good in drawing and painting..

He will make fortune in Graphics Design, 3d Design and later run switch to Programming expect to learn program like ruby, C++ and be a game developer..

Get him standard laptop
And sign him up with and digital development school

Good luck to your bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help Me In Making A Decision by bassdow: 7:36pm On Aug 17, 2020
obawinner:
Thanks in anticipation.

You first need know what direction(s) His interests lies. Already interacting with Him on daily basis ought to have given you clues but if not, you can start from now.

How intelligent is He ?
What's His lifestyle like - does he love socializing, introverted, etc ?
What does he want to do as a grownup ?
How much lazy is he ?
Does he already have an idea of what He wants to become ?

As for the IT aspect, I would say You just make things (PC, Learning Materials, etc) accessible to him and watch where he heads from there.
Equally have a chat with him once in a while so as to have an idea of want he wants or heading to.

See eh, IT no be trade wey dem dey just learn and even if you go learn am, dem no dey learn am finish. IT fit turn Extroverted human being into introverted Human being; make person wey dey like party wella no dey comot again. IT (especially web related) fit make you dey do Night Vigil outside church almost on daily basis. IT (e.g programming) fit make you practice Isolation even when Corona Virus never dey.

so you see, IT isn't for everyone. What you can do is introduce Him to it and watch where it steers Him (Pick up or Abandon) to.

As for what part of IT would benefit him in future, their's no accurate answer to that as it depends on a lot of factors. I would say starting with the basics should be more ideal so in part He doesn't get overwhelmed so early before getting a hang of things.
Some of Us didn't plan being where we are today. I started with tampering and repairing Computers as a hobby, then became Am a web designer, then web developer, then Server Administrator; starting out, I never envisioned any of such roles. Just went away with what I loved, got a lot of bumps along the way (which hardly I felt) and the rest has been history. Imagine if I was coarsed into it ?

You can be Hungry (if you no good) as a Doctor while other Doctors (wey good) are being Over Worked.

Bottom-line is, except your brother has got the zeal in him, he just might end up wasting his time. Introduce him to the basic (that's if he already don't have a clear career path) and let him decide the rest.

Don't choose App development or Security or Programming or ... just because You hear or thinks it Pays better. It only would pay you better when you're Good and all areas of IT pays better.
Re: Help Me In Making A Decision by obawinner(m): 9:03pm On Aug 17, 2020
bassdow:

You first need know what direction(s) His interests lies. Already interacting with Him on daily basis ought to have given you clues but if not, you can start from now.

How intelligent is He ?
What's His lifestyle like - does he love socializing, introverted, etc ?
What does he want to do as a grownup ?
How much lazy is he ?
Does he already have an idea of what He wants to become ?

As for the IT aspect, I would say You just make things (PC, Learning Materials, etc) accessible to him and watch where he heads from there.
Equally have a chat with him once in a while so as to have an idea of want he wants or heading to.

See eh, IT no be trade wey dem dey just learn and even if you go learn am, dem no dey learn am finish. IT fit turn Extroverted human being into introverted Human being; make person wey dey like party wella no dey comot again. IT (especially web related) fit make you dey do Night Vigil outside church almost on daily basis. IT (e.g programming) fit make you practice Isolation even when Corona Virus never dey.

so you see, IT isn't for everyone. What you can do is introduce Him to it and watch where it steers Him (Pick up or Abandon) to.

As for what part of IT would benefit him in future, their's no accurate answer to that as it depends on a lot of factors. I would say starting with the basics should be more ideal so in part He doesn't get overwhelmed so early before getting a hang of things.
Some of Us didn't plan being where we are today. I started with tampering and repairing Computers as a hobby, then became Am a web designer, then web developer, then Server Administrator; starting out, I never envisioned any of such roles. Just went away with what I loved, got a lot of bumps along the way (which hardly I felt) and the rest has been history. Imagine if I was coarsed into it ?

You can be Hungry (if you no good) as a Doctor while other Doctors (wey good) are being Over Worked.

Bottom-line is, except your brother has got the zeal in him, he just might end up wasting his time. Introduce him to the basic (that's if he already don't have a clear career path) and let him decide the rest.

Don't choose App development or Security or Programming or ... just because You hear or thinks it Pays better. It only would pay you better when you're Good and all areas of IT pays better.

Thanks for taking your Time, This was very Insightful.

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Start Learning Jquery / Programmers I Need Some Advice. / Enroll On High Quality Udemy Courses Using Free Coupon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.