Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,311 members, 7,822,538 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

7 Realities Of Life After NYSC - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / 7 Realities Of Life After NYSC (34450 Views)

Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys / Kaduna Corper Battling For Life After Soldier Assault In NYSC Camp. / Struggles After NYSC ... (Welcome To The Real World) - Meme Collection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Realities Of Life After NYSC by MajorOvakporaye(f): 8:47pm On Aug 16, 2020
Donkalio:
Na just one phone call....everytin go stew for you.

keep waiting for the call
Na grey hair dey wait you

4 Likes

Re: 7 Realities Of Life After NYSC by Stallion93(m): 8:47pm On Aug 16, 2020
School in Nigeria is a very useless Institution, Before you come to Blast me, know that you have to explain to me Why as a child, you’d be told by everyone to be serious with school and formal education else you would end up like Mama Anayo that sews clothes and fights customers all the time, So you listen and give school everything u have and more then you finish, Only to be told to Go and learn Fashion designing from same Mama Anayo that everyone should be humble, and so Mama Anayo who never went to school and has gathered experience over the years will now start her own education for you, giving you instructions and even Punishing you for coming late while paying you transport and Lunch money only that’s if you’re lucky not to have paid Apprenticeship fee(Another school fee) Ab-Initio

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Realities Of Life After NYSC by Pavillon: 8:50pm On Aug 16, 2020
Very true write up,

but for me, I dumped my girlfriend few months after nysc, I couldn't afford extra baggage.. like i just sat down and i observed everything, Me that i cannot even fend for myself, still struggling hard to even get money to attend interviews and you expect me to be show love and care. Even tho shes not a demanding girl, but she was demanding for my time and attention which was all concentrated on finding and a job... and sometimes she always wants us to hangout,
Hnagout when I've calculated that in a week i will get an interview to attend, will i use my tfare to now hangout>

I just summoned courage and did the needful.

although some other factors are attached.

But my own is, if you are mentally,emotionally and financially not capable to keep a relationship after service, just end it and focus on yourself. Life after service is not funny.I thank God for life anyway

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Realities Of Life After NYSC by blessedchild234(m): 8:50pm On Aug 16, 2020
Nice

1 Like

Re: 7 Realities Of Life After NYSC by labelle123(f): 8:52pm On Aug 16, 2020
[quote author=Deborah98 post=92895134]You tried,so if getting a job does not guarantee financial liberty, what then does?[/quote
I tire ooo. Is not everyone that will be an entrepreneur
Re: 7 Realities Of Life After NYSC by ictplotter(m): 8:53pm On Aug 16, 2020
In summary, if you want to be wealthy? Don't be a graduate. Real men drop out for school and enter street. Self made millionaire is a graduate from the university of street.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Realities Of Life After NYSC by Deborah98(f): 8:54pm On Aug 16, 2020
[quote author=labelle123 post=92896374][/quote]abi but we gat do something to help ourselves in other to avoid being termed liability, beggar or what I don't know sad
Re: 7 Realities Of Life After NYSC by Merit20155(m): 8:58pm On Aug 16, 2020
You make sense 100% cheesy
Re: 7 Realities Of Life After NYSC by nunnu: 8:59pm On Aug 16, 2020
ednut1:
Welcome to Nigeria where 90% of graduates are on instagram selling hair, bitcoin, shoes and bag. grin. Op is shading someone for thinking about okada, but the mini importation self is not easy when customs and customers deal with you eye go clear. People wey no go school dey also import. So let him do his okada in peace

Which one is mini importation?
Re: 7 Realities Of Life After NYSC by nunnu: 9:02pm On Aug 16, 2020
ednut1:
Welcome to Nigeria where 90% of graduates are on instagram selling hair, bitcoin, shoes and bag. grin. Op is shading someone for thinking about okada, but the mini importation self is not easy when customs and customers deal with you eye go clear. People wey no go school dey also import. So let him do his okada in peace

Which one is mini importation?
Re: 7 Realities Of Life After NYSC by anigbajumo(m): 9:03pm On Aug 16, 2020
ictplotter:
In summary, if you want to be wealthy? Don't be a graduate. Real men drop out for school and enter street. Self made millionaire is a graduate from the university of street.

Very dumb assumption

4 Likes

Re: 7 Realities Of Life After NYSC by Nobody: 9:03pm On Aug 16, 2020
chinazaJoshua:
Hello guy,
I would love to meet you in person. I would love to share an idea with you. I want to float a company, it will be nice if we can do it together. It may be tough starting,but we can with the right content first.
Chat me privately via +2349091774327
contact if u need to distribute ur products in ondo state
Re: 7 Realities Of Life After NYSC by Angelfrost(m): 9:06pm On Aug 16, 2020
Nysc is just a lull in the life of an average independent Nigerian... A vacation from the reality of the rat race ahead!!!

One of the mistakes we make as youths is to assume all will fall into place upon graduation and service... Our kids have to be taught earlier to start planning their financial future, even before gaining admission to universities, for those disposed or interested in going that far.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Realities Of Life After NYSC by Juliusmomoh: 9:10pm On Aug 16, 2020
TDCng:
Quite true

Reward yourself, get TDC Honey Beauty Soap to give you the soft skin feel you deserve. Your skin, your pride, our joy.

Distributors needed
Wholesalers and retailers needed. For more information call 08037169780
Which state sir please ?
Re: 7 Realities Of Life After NYSC by maasoap(m): 9:15pm On Aug 16, 2020
Very well articulated. Nice one

Copy: ritercruze
Re: 7 Realities Of Life After NYSC by Juliusmomoh: 9:16pm On Aug 16, 2020
Fmlao:
Nice one OP.
I have a story to share about my the timeline of my life after nysc. I collected my discharge certificate by march this year.
If someone wants me to post how i have been living

Pls, quote me
I quote u ... Now tell us

2 Likes

Re: 7 Realities Of Life After NYSC by Midex88(m): 9:17pm On Aug 16, 2020
Nice 1
Re: 7 Realities Of Life After NYSC by maasoap(m): 9:18pm On Aug 16, 2020
Angelfrost:
Nysc is just a lull in the life of an average independent Nigerian... A vacation from the reality of the rat race ahead!!!

One of the mistakes we make as youths is to assume all will fall into place upon graduation and service... Our kids have to be taught earlier to start planning their financial future, even before gaining admission to universities, for those disposed or interested in going that far.

My kids won't be victims of the Nigerian deceptive educational system. I will make sure that they're equipped with skills (most especially entrepreneurship skills) before graduating from the higher institutions. They need to be running their businesses before graduation

3 Likes

Re: 7 Realities Of Life After NYSC by cooltola(m): 9:18pm On Aug 16, 2020
So what can one do when they cannot find work? Since yahoo is not the answer.
How is the job market in IT, computer programming?
To start a business , one need capital.
Uber used to be lucrative not anymore
Not everyone can sow clothes or are enterprenuer, so what options do they have.
Is corporate cleaning a good business?
Okada business is risky since Lagos state ban it.
Re: 7 Realities Of Life After NYSC by Nobody: 9:21pm On Aug 16, 2020
Point no 3 is so wrong. Your younger ones can't disrespect you cos you don't have a job. It's because you lack healthy self-esteem and emotional intelligence.

4 Likes

Re: 7 Realities Of Life After NYSC by BrainRider: 9:23pm On Aug 16, 2020
Op Thank you for this piece.
I'm an undergraduate. I always wonder when I see a graduate return home to share same roof with his parents.

I've been saying I won't return home after graduation, right from 100l. I would rather remain where I am, receiving little help they can render while I face life.
Returning to my town makes no sense to me after spending 5yrs+ outside my state.
May God help me

4 Likes

Re: 7 Realities Of Life After NYSC by Nobody: 9:23pm On Aug 16, 2020
SirWhiteFish:
@ number 5.
The truth is most of my uneducated friends are doing better than me. Some have even built their own house and married with kids.
But me .... cry cry
Sometimes I wish I pursued business instead of school. embarassed

4 Likes

Re: 7 Realities Of Life After NYSC by Nobody: 9:24pm On Aug 16, 2020
Coldie:
One of the realities is that u become humble
Very very humble, you appreciate even 10k job. embarassed

1 Like

Re: 7 Realities Of Life After NYSC by richestjozy(m): 9:24pm On Aug 16, 2020
This is very true.
Re: 7 Realities Of Life After NYSC by HolyTitus(m): 9:25pm On Aug 16, 2020
Stallion93:
School in Nigeria is a very useless Institution, Before you come to Blast me, know that you jave to explain to me Why as a child, you’d be told by everyone to be serious with school and formal education else yoh would end up like Mama Anayo that sews clothes and fights customers all the time, So you listen and give school everything u have and more then you finish, Only to be told to Go and learn Fashion designing from same Mama Anayo that everyone should be humble, and so Mama Anayo who never went to school and has gathered experience over the years will now start her own education for you, giving you instructions and even Punishing you for coming late while paying you transport and Lunch money only that’s if you’re lucky not to have paid Apprenticeship fee(Another school fee) Ab-Initio
LEMAO
Re: 7 Realities Of Life After NYSC by Legacyy(m): 9:27pm On Aug 16, 2020
u garrit bro

1 Like

Re: 7 Realities Of Life After NYSC by Coldie(m): 9:27pm On Aug 16, 2020
Nuttella:
Very very humble, you appreciate even 10k job. embarassed
Not even that. During University/nysc days there are normally boys who parade themselves as big boys, wear clothes, wear sunglasses up and down even at nights, after nysc u would be surprised that plenty of those boys if u see them u would be like oboy everything dae ok

10 Likes

Re: 7 Realities Of Life After NYSC by OneMillionBTC: 9:27pm On Aug 16, 2020
Great write up.
Re: 7 Realities Of Life After NYSC by AIT1(m): 9:30pm On Aug 16, 2020
Fmlao:
Nice one OP.
I have a story to share about my the timeline of my life after nysc. I collected my discharge certificate by march this year.
If someone wants me to post how i have been living

Pls, quote me

Oya share
Re: 7 Realities Of Life After NYSC by ezechi24(m): 9:33pm On Aug 16, 2020
Deborah98:
You tried,so if getting a job does not guarantee financial liberty, what then does?

Leave that man...
Re: 7 Realities Of Life After NYSC by Nobody: 9:33pm On Aug 16, 2020
Coldie:

Not even that. During University/nysc days there are normally boys who parade themselves as big boys, wear clothes, wear sunglasses up and down even at nights, after nysc u would be surprised that plenty of those boys if u see them u would be like oboy everything dae ok
cheesycheesycheesy
Re: 7 Realities Of Life After NYSC by Nobody: 9:34pm On Aug 16, 2020
Another wahala waiting cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Corper Lawal Auwal Kontagora Shot Dead In Kaduna While Visiting Female Friend / Mathematics Quiz Competition I Organized Between two schools here In Katsina / Burial Of Corper Who Drowned While Swimming In Delta State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.