Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,842 members, 7,817,492 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys (19683 Views)

7 Realities Of Life After NYSC / Kaduna Corper Battling For Life After Soldier Assault In NYSC Camp. / Struggles After NYSC ... (Welcome To The Real World) - Meme Collection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by Milesbillions(m): 6:36pm On Mar 14, 2022
I just concluded my service year on February 2022....barely a month ago and I'm still job hunting, although I have submitted so many applications but the job invites that are coming through are from lagos.

I'm currently in the east. Don't have anybody to stay with in Lagos for now. Now, I'm somebody that like to get a work in career or field that does not allign with my course of study, remember...I studied Animal and Environmental Biology and I came out with a good 2:1. In terms of job opportunities in Nigeria in respect to what I studied, it is very limited and chances of me getting in a job is very slim considering Nigeria factors as I don't have any connection.

A friend adviced me to go for my masters abroad and I told him, there is no money to do the initial processes although I believe in myself that I can get full funding if I apply but the money to write the necessary exams is not around, reason I'm trying my best to get a work of any kind that doesn't necessarily require what I did in school. So many people are doing it and if I ask them, they will say, they got it through graduate trainees and entry level roles in organizations and firms

I'm somebody that likes working in logistics company and as a customer representative but the major hindrance I'm having right now, is not having the experiences that will make me to work in those fields. Some, if not all of the job offers I always come across require for 1-3 years experience which I Don't have.

So guys, what's the best way to get through this? Just one month out of service and I'm already feeling bored at home doing nothing apart from helping my parents in the farm works and reading a basic course on UI/UX designing?

Please any advice of any kind is duely welcomed. Insults are welcomed too. I out here to learn because, nobody knows it all.

About digital skills....I can write but currently don't have a system to do the job again.

The mods please help me move it to the right thread and if possible, Front page.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by adeoyekay(m): 6:40pm On Mar 14, 2022
Hope you are able to save some cash for yourself during your service year ? If yes you can venture into business.

6 Likes

Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by Milesbillions(m): 6:46pm On Mar 14, 2022
adeoyekay:
Hope you are able to save some cash for yourself during your service year ? If yes you can venture into business.

Saving allawee was very hard for me as I fully depended on it, no other source of income....was even paying for my accomodation and the rest from there.
The little I saved, I channelled them in crypto and now bitcoin is going up and down...lol

Also served in state that was very far from my state of origin....70% of the allawee always finishes on travelling.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by Crucialgem(m): 6:55pm On Mar 14, 2022
Bro dont just say you can't get a job with what you have studied in school, seek for a alumni or somebody that has made it from your field of study and let them mentor you, you can't totally ghost what you did in school for good 4yrs. Seek for family members that can connect you to someone in Lagos since you said job opportunity has been Coming from lagos. This is the time you need to give in all it takes

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by lilvicky68(m): 6:57pm On Mar 14, 2022
Jsut save small money do night plan download seasonal movies dey watch..

As work no dey you no go kill yourself..

Life no too hard na you just want make am

151 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by slickycee: 6:58pm On Mar 14, 2022
Bro take easy on yourself.

You may decide to learn a skill because of the money you hope to earn from it
But it's all assumptions, there's a likelihood you'd learn the skill and still be struggling
But still learn all you can learn now!!

Read books about Wealth creation, it would expose you to a different way of seeing money. Eg. Think and Grow rich, the richest man in Babylon etc.

As you're job hunting, start hunting for your life purpose. The moment you realize it, your view of life would shift and you'd stop worrying over every situation that looks like a problem.

Know yourself, discover your talents and what you're unique at, discover your calling.
Use this time to know yourself.
I pray you get all that you deserve and at the end, everything would be alright , and if it feels nothin is alright, just know it's not the end.
So preserve, keep trying things, you'd fail but if you learn you'd eventually succed

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by Milesbillions(m): 7:12pm On Mar 14, 2022
Crucialgem:
Bro dont just say you can't get a job with what you have studied in school, seek for a alumni or somebody that has made it from your field of study and let them mentor you, you can't totally ghost what you did in school for good 4yrs. Seek for family members that can connect you to someone in Lagos since you said job opportunity has been Coming from lagos. This is the time you need to give in all it takes
Thank you sir
I sincerely appreciate this your advice champ
Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by HopeNeverDies: 7:12pm On Mar 14, 2022
Damnnn!!!

1 Like

Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by Milesbillions(m): 7:15pm On Mar 14, 2022
lilvicky68:
Jsut save small money do night plan download seasonal movies dey watch..

As work no dey you no go kill yourself..
Not as easy as you see it.
I have junior siblings that are looking at me, if I don't kick my ass to make it now, wen will I?

I'm not a movie type thou but instead of me to waste my time watching movie, it's better I use it and watch random tutorials on crypto, forex and ui/ux design atleast, to sharpen my skills in these areas.

Thank you for stopping by.

21 Likes

Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by Milesbillions(m): 7:18pm On Mar 14, 2022
Thank you Champ. I will keep striving for the best.
I have listened to the audio of the richest man in babylon, but will try and download the books and read. Thanks for the suggestion king.

slickycee:

But it's all assumptions, there's a likelihood you'd learn the skill and still be struggling

Read books about Wealth creation, it would expose you to a different way of seeing money. Eg. Think and Grow rich, the richest man in Babylon etc.

As you're job hunting, start hunting for your life purpose. The moment you realize it, your view of life would shift and you'd stop worrying over every situation that looks like a problem.

Know yourself, discover your talents and what you're unique at, discover your calling.
I pray you get all that you deserve and at the end, everything would be alright , and if it feels nothin is alright, just know it's not the end.
So preserve, keep trying things, you'd fail but if you learn you'd eventually succed

3 Likes

Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by Milesbillions(m): 7:19pm On Mar 14, 2022
undecided
HopeNeverDies:
Damnnn!!!
Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by Boogyman557: 7:21pm On Mar 14, 2022
Holly Gram cool

Make I leave dis MATTERZ 4 other MANCHIS to CAPRISUN put...

on my way to ASHAWOO house...

CUNTREE don CAST big time..

STREET self don CAST big time.

but STILL on STILL... MAN GATZ flex..

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by Milesbillions(m): 7:26pm On Mar 14, 2022
Baba yaga

Your work of advice go still be appreciated nah
No do ur boy like this

Even if the advice na base on street level...no p boss

Boogyman557:
Holly Gram cool

Make I leave dis MATTERZ 4 other MANCHIS to CAPRISUN put...

on my way to ASHAWOO house...

CUNTREE don CAST big time..

STREET self don CAST big time.

but STILL on STILL... MAN GATZ flex..

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

1 Like

Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by worldclass68(m): 7:37pm On Mar 14, 2022
We gather dey bro....las las we go dey alright..

3 Likes

Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by Milesbillions(m): 7:42pm On Mar 14, 2022
Yeah sure....I believe bro
Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by Boogyman557: 7:42pm On Mar 14, 2022
Milesbillions:
Baba yaga

Your work of advice go still be appreciated nah
No do ur boy like this

Even if the advice na base on street level...no p boss

Holly Gram cool

MY Gee...

if Job de COME from Lagos, I go ADVISE u to try MOVE to LAGOS...

although me Na Port Harcourt PIKIN but I just JAZZ in Lagos Las month to flex and NACK ASHAWOO...

Na my MANCHI UNIT I mount...

D 1st Tin in Lagos u need is an APARTMENT..

bcus Lagos Na another TYPE of jungle ooo

if u LOSEGUARD, Na only PANT go remain 4 ur BODY o!

although OPPORTUNITY de here wen it comes to getting job and meeting people dat can help u in Life..

EVERYBODY blessings no be d SAME and EVERYBODY STAR no be d SAME..

try make u FIT REASON way and FIND house to put BODY wen u JAZZ in Lagos...

U can make it ANYWHERE!

I for CAPRISUN u some TINZ but I don REACH ASHAWOO house..

LITE UP my CIGARETTE in peace bcus u no FIT BLA WEED here...

WTF MAN!

15 Likes

Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by Milesbillions(m): 7:56pm On Mar 14, 2022
I dey gbadu u BOSSman

Word of a wiseman.... Boogyman
Take am easy with those daughters of Eve ooo.

Me no like Ashawo sha.....I prefer Fwb thou....if u catch feelings, u lose....no emotions BOSS.

As e dey hot me for body now, I don lose erection, I no dey reason woman matter again, na my purpose and goal I'm addicted to morning, day and night.
Boogyman557:
Holly Gram cool

MY Gee...

if Job de COME from Lagos, I go ADVISE u to try MOVE to LAGOS...

although me Na Port Harcourt PIKIN but I just JAZZ in Lagos Las month to flex and NACK ASHAWOO...

Na my MANCHI UNIT I mount...

D 1st Tin in Lagos u need is an APARTMENT..

bcus Lagos Na another TYPE of jungle ooo

if u LOSEGUARD, Na only PANT go remain 4 ur BODY o!

although OPPORTUNITY de here wen it comes to getting job and meeting people dat can help u in Life..

EVERYBODY blessings no be d SAME and EVERYBODY STAR no be d SAME..

try make u FIT REASON way and FIND house to put BODY wen u JAZZ in Lagos...

U can make it ANYWHERE!

I for CAPRISUN u some TINZ but I don REACH ASHAWOO house..

LITE UP my CIGARETTE in peace bcus u no FIT BLA WEED here...

WTF MAN!

10 Likes

Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by Boogyman557: 8:04pm On Mar 14, 2022
Milesbillions:
I dey gbadu u BOSSman

Word of a wiseman.... Boogyman
Take am easy with those daughters of Eve ooo.

Me no like Ashawo sha.....I prefer Fwb thou....if u catch feelings, u lose....no emotions BOSS.

As e dey hot me for body now, I don lose erection, I no dey reason woman matter again, na my purpose and goal I'm addicted to morning, day and night.
Holly Gram cool I de COMPRISUN ur CAPRISUN.

Which state u Mount like Dis NOW?

WTF MAN!

4 Likes

Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by AkhereOkaka(m): 8:14pm On Mar 14, 2022
Milesbillions:
Thank you Champ. I will keep striving for the best.
I have listened to the audio of the richest man in babylon, but will try and download the books and read. Thanks for the suggestion king.

Have the e copy of the book, and others add me up on WhatsApp so I can send it to you
+393891974325

We rise by lifting others
Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by Milesbillions(m): 9:15pm On Mar 14, 2022
Boogyman557:

WTF MAN!

I mount for Imo State BOSS

Anything for your boiz BOSSman?
Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by Milesbillions(m): 9:15pm On Mar 14, 2022
Boogyman557:

WTF MAN!

Sapa dey nack us left and right....no joy for street again

1 Like

Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by Milesbillions(m): 9:33pm On Mar 14, 2022
AkhereOkaka:

Have the e copy of the book, and others add me up on WhatsApp so I can send it to you
+393891974325

We rise by lifting others

Ohkay Boss
Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by Boogyman557: 4:10am On Mar 15, 2022
Milesbillions:

Sapa dey nack us left and right....no joy for street again
Holly Gram cool I miss dat UNIT ooo

Na imo state I school ooo..

4 NEKEDE!

WTF MAN!
Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by arthurwillia(m): 9:35am On Mar 15, 2022
Milesbillions:

Saving allawee was very hard for me as I fully depended on it, no other source of income....was even paying for my accomodation and the rest from there.
The little I saved, I channelled them in crypto and now bitcoin is going up and down...lol

Also served in state that was very far from my state of origin....70% of the allawee always finishes on travelling.
Why are you traveling to State of origin? What’s you people problem
Can’t you stay in one place for a year?
The state of origin you Traveller to? Is that not where you are back now?
Why did you pay for house during service? Even if you will pay for house it should be like 1k house per month or 1500..
Mehn you people need to understand money management sha
Now no much savings

10 Likes

Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by Sontana07(m): 1:08pm On Mar 15, 2022
� Good comment bro

slickycee:

1 Like

Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by Milesbillions(m): 1:09pm On Mar 15, 2022
Boss, it is not easy as u are saying it.

arthurwillia:

Why are you traveling to State of origin? What’s you people problem
Can’t you stay in one place for a year?
The state of origin you Traveller to? Is that not where you are back now?
Why did you pay for house during service? Even if you will pay for house it should be like 1k house per month or 1500..
Mehn you people need to understand money management sha
Now no much savings
Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by Milesbillions(m): 1:10pm On Mar 15, 2022
Okay BOSS

Boogyman557:
Holly Gram cool I miss dat UNIT ooo

Na imo state I school ooo..

4 NEKEDE!

WTF MAN!
Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by arthurwillia(m): 4:19pm On Mar 15, 2022
Milesbillions:
Boss, it is not easy as u are saying it.

Boss I get but there are plenty ways to avoid unnecessary spendings
Your traveling to your home town was fir what?

2 Likes

Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by Milesbillions(m): 4:25pm On Mar 15, 2022
arthurwillia:

Boss I get but there are plenty ways to avoid unnecessary spendings
Your traveling to your home town was fir what?
Had some urgent situations which needed my attention that I attended to.
Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by arthurwillia(m): 2:24am On Mar 16, 2022
Milesbillions:

Had some urgent situations which needed my attention that I attended to.

Hmm ok
I pray Gelp comes for you o

2 Likes

Re: Life After Nysc....I Need Your Suggestions Guys by AFvckingAlpha(m): 11:08am On Mar 19, 2022
People come at me when I preach about hustling so I stopped and it made sense.

But It don’t stop me from me hustling online

Well I clean my proceeds though crypto and law enforcement would get nothing on me if they come at me. I trade crypto as far as I’m concerned

Now I’m very fascinated about crypto and now I’m diving into NFT’s making lil gains as well.

You should look into NFT’s

I said what I said

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Insecurity: Over 100 Corps Members Withdraw From Saturday’s Election Duty In Imo / Benue State A'15 Let's Meet Here / FG Deploys 9,100 Corpers In North-West

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.