Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,665 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

Have You Got Adhd? Well, Come On In! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Have You Got Adhd? Well, Come On In! (425 Views)

What Is The Worst Reply You Got From A Girl You Asked Out? / What Do You Say When A Girl Asks Where You Got Her Number From? / 8 Ways To Punish Girls Who Come On A Date With Friends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Got Adhd? Well, Come On In! by ADDer: 11:10pm On Aug 16, 2020
Hey,

If you clicked on this topic, then you must've been fully convinced that there's a reason why you're impulsive(for some) and can hardly sit still for a required length of time. Or why it is that your mind is always whisked away to some daydream or fantasy and you just can't seem to concentrate on what's in front of you.

I'm sure you've gotten tired of the often well intentioned but ill informed advice of others who simply say "try HARDER", not knowing that you've tried EVERYTHING".

If you're like me, then you must also have a hard time keeping to schedules, and always running late. Always chasing the clock but can barely keep up. People probably think you're a slacker or you're just not bothered, been accused of that on may occasions, but they don't know that we perceive time differently.

Ever wandered into a room sure that you were in there for a reason, but can't seem to remember what it was? Well this happens to me very often. I also tend to quickly forget which way i arrived once i get to a new place. This is because our poor short-term memory retention. And that's why we may have intended to send an important text but suddenly find ourselves playing candy crush or doing something else. Surfing the web for a particular thing only to find out in the end that you've opened dozen tabs. And the list goes on...

Truth is all these may sound not so serious to many people around us, most times they go unnoticed or under-noticed if could say. But you know how impairing they could be to living a quality life. Believe me, I've felt the full brunt of it and I still do. I've been knocked on my ass by these "faults" (or so i thought) one too many times to remember. And my life has always felt like a perpetual chore to put things in order for as long as i could remember. Ironically I'm in this stage again

I've struggled to be "normal" but always ended up learning the hard way. Truth is I'm not, my mind works differently and I've got to learn ways that i can cope. But i can't do this on my own. I need the experience and knowledge of like minds. I need to know I'm not alone. Reaching out to others like me isn't something i can pass on, it is of urgent necessity. I want this thread to be a place were we could unburden ourselves, and seek advice without fear of judgment or condemnation. We're all in this together! Let's help ourselves grow
Re: Have You Got Adhd? Well, Come On In! by Ruq: 10:17pm On Aug 31, 2020
Right now, I just need where I can get medication. I know people will say not to self medicate because of side effects and possible addiction. But no one will understand the pain of having many of years wasted and miserable because of an issue that seems so easy to fix and yet years go by without any progress.

For me time is never enough. I feel 24 hours is too short to make a day. I need like 78hours to make a day. It sick looking at other people and wondering how they are able to cope with life and juggle everything easily. I have attempted to resign from work,I've just been blessed by good employers. I can't muster the will to start and complete a task. The strength is there,I know my body is capable but my mind won't let. I've been depressed, suffer some form of anxiety and I have turned out reclusive. I don't even know who I am anymore.

I get easily overwhelmed with just about anything. I can barely sit through a 90 mins movie after pausing and contnuing it about 10 times in two months. At my age I have not read up to 10 books, barely done 5, only two novels and other short books. Room has been disorganized for months now,each time I start to arrange it,I can barely follow through, I just make little space by the bed side where I can sleep. It's torture paying attention. School was hell for me, I thought of dropping out because the grades weren't it t all, and the sad thing is I know I'm smart as in, I know I am better than what I put out. Then it has gotten to a stage where I lack a sense of urgency after suffering from panic attacks of whatever is urgent. Now I have a degree in nonchalance because I know even if I care, I can't meet whatever deadline. I don't even mind being fired.

I'm tired and I will self medicate if I get my hands on any of the ADHD medications even though I am not medically diagnosed. It's sad when it rubs of your self esteem, productivity and overall mental health. Suicidal ideation on a regular. I don't even care much about anything. So please help out, I need medication just to hold focus. I barely give a Bleep about life already because I wake up overwhelmed already. I always felt something was of when I always needed graveyard silence to avoid distraction in order to be able to read. I never finish exams on it will always time lapse into dying minutes. I'm tired mehn.
Re: Have You Got Adhd? Well, Come On In! by tlmonex: 6:03pm On Nov 28, 2021
Re: Have You Got Adhd? Well, Come On In! by iMalyk: 9:57pm On Jun 16, 2022
have you been able to get diagnosed or medicated? I'd like to know
Re: Have You Got Adhd? Well, Come On In! by yrhuhfy113: 3:58am On Feb 01, 2023
tlmonex:

NEXT TIME PUT YOUR LOCATION, NO ONE CAN COMMENT IN DIARY SECTION.... anyway... your basic contact info and location would help anyone be able to help you.

Also, Have you considered spiritual help? Just saying, because the ones you mentioned are quite expensive....

YOU NEED A TOTAL MAKE OVER... and my Pastor, TONY RAPU(check his works on youtube) is specialized in helping people like you for FREE.

so kindly do the needful
Re: Have You Got Adhd? Well, Come On In! by tlmonex: 4:06am On Feb 01, 2023
yrhuhfy113:

NEXT TIME PUT YOUR LOCATION, NO ONE CAN COMMENT IN DIARY SECTION.... anyway... your basic contact info and location would help anyone be able to help you.

Also, Have you considered spiritual help? Just saying, because the ones you mentioned are quite expensive....

YOU NEED A TOTAL MAKE OVER... and my Pastor, TONY RAPU(check his works on youtube) is specialized in helping people like you for FREE.

so kindly do the needful

Thanks so much. I will subscribe to the channel
I have also tried a lot of spiritually but these rapid mood swings wouldn't even allowed focus during prayers.

(1) (Reply)

Yoruba Tradition Promotes Simphood / Breast Enlargement For Slay Queens / 10 Things Women Want From Their Husbands

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.